VixyNyan · 392137

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1425 on: July 17, 2014, 09:06:41 PM

The text is
キングダムハーツIIIへと繋がる壮大な物語がより美しいグラフィックでよみがえる
Which reads
The epic story leading to KINGDOM HEARTS III is brought back in more beautiful graphics

God, Master Xehanort looks like an alien there. How'd Nomura screw that up?

Anyway, I have to say, I REALLY like that boxart. Absolutely love the touch with the keyblades.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1426 on: July 17, 2014, 10:49:25 PM
Zero/One is on the boxart. Hopin' you can get it in 2 or BBS for watching the Re:Coded cinematics. :3

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1427 on: July 18, 2014, 12:00:54 AM
>Re:Coded cinematics

I'd rather be put out of my misery.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1428 on: June 16, 2015, 07:53:26 PM

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1429 on: June 17, 2015, 02:20:45 AM
I feel like all the KH fans left this site, just like the TYPE-MOON fans.

Which fanbase will be next? Anywho.

I do like that the chess pieces represent different characters.

The front pieces are Goat and Crown ie. Xehanort vs Sora. The board is the battlefield; likely symbolizing the Keyblade Graveyard, where the fated confrontation will take place.

The elevation beneath the two pieces may also mean that Xehanort and Sora will face off on the same pillar where Terra fought him.

The Heartless and Unversed pieces on the low level probably dictates the need to fight hordes of enemies before you can reach the top elevation.

And of course, Master Xehanort's signature keyblade. I'm speculating that Young Xehanort claimed it from his master, whoever that may be, whether it was stolen or by earning it.

The huge sealed off keyhole behind it is suspicious; perhaps it's a doorway leading to the Realm of Darkness? If this is the case, then it could be an opportunity for Sora to rescue Aqua from there.

Oh, and a neat bonus.

[spoiler]Squeenix definitely did the Tangled World justice.

It's damn-near uncanny.
[/spoiler]

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #1430 on: June 17, 2015, 02:34:33 AM
I do like that the chess pieces represent different characters.

The front pieces are Goat and Crown ie. Xehanort vs Sora. The board is the battlefield; likely symbolizing the Keyblade Graveyard, where the fated confrontation will take place.

The elevation beneath the two pieces may also mean that Xehanort and Sora will face off on the same pillar where Terra fought him.

The Heartless and Unversed pieces on the low level probably dictates the need to fight hordes of enemies before you can reach the top elevation.

And of course, Master Xehanort's signature keyblade. I'm speculating that Young Xehanort claimed it from his master, whoever that may be, whether it was stolen or by earning it.

The huge sealed off keyhole behind it is suspicious; perhaps it's a doorway leading to the Realm of Darkness? If this is the case, then it could be an opportunity for Sora to rescue Aqua from there.

Oh, and a neat bonus.

[spoiler]Squeenix definitely did the Tangled World justice.

It's damn-near uncanny.
[/spoiler]
I knew there was something up with the chess board, even though I didn't get to play anything since KH II and the original Chain of Memories. I guess the Tangled world might also explain the near-photo realistic quality of KH III (either that or the whole game is going to look that good).

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #1431 on: June 17, 2015, 02:50:31 AM
(Just quote the whole post right above you, jeez)

I feel like all the KH fans left this site, just like the TYPE-MOON fans.

Which fanbase will be next? Anywho.
Just not much to say until now.

Ufgfggh I have to get a new console for this.
(I still want an Atlantis: The Lost Empire world ;-;)

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #1432 on: June 17, 2015, 11:51:08 PM
I knew there was something up with the chess board, even though I didn't get to play anything since KH II and the original Chain of Memories. I guess the Tangled world might also explain the near-photo realistic quality of KH III (either that or the whole game is going to look that good).

I'm sorry, but I HOPE the game isn't like this in the end. I just don't like the whole "photo realistic" look they have right now for KH3... it feels and looks "boring" to me even if the scenes look amazing and recapture the Disney worlds nearly perfectly. It looks to me like the whole environment has lost its charms and quirkiness like the past titles, like 3D, as it was colorful and had its own life and characteristic even if the worlds felt "barring" at times, at least they had something about them that stood out.

Especially Pirates of the Caribbean world which really stood out.

Here... not so much. I know it's most likely Alpha footage, but I do hope this isn't how everything is going to look.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1433 on: June 18, 2015, 09:40:25 PM
Yeah this super realistic look just doesn't fit Kingdom Hearts at all IMO. It looks pretty and all but I still think the recent remakes look better oddly enough. Oh well I'm sure I'll buy it either way.  8D

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1434 on: June 18, 2015, 11:36:38 PM
This was the next logical step for Kingdom Hearts' foray into Next-Gen.

The game is still very much cartoony, bright and vibrant. Do you want the grass and trees to look flat like the PS2 entries? Of course not. This is the big one; we waited 10 long, painful years for KH3 and the result is beautiful. No time to half-ass this.

And even then, upon close inspection of the character models, you can tell this game is still in the Alpha phase (incomplete shaders and lighting). Sora, Donald and Goofy should look considerably better in the final product, therefore meshing with the detailed worlds in a more convincing way.

Think of this as Pixar's history of films. Their first film was Toy Story: playful color palette and cartoony, however, limited by primitive CGI rendering. Because of this, the environments appeared somewhat flat and the shading wasn't very realistic.

Now compare with Toy Story 3: Considerably better polygon rendering, textures and shading were massively improved and overall more realistic. Now, despite the realism, Toy Story 3 still remains very cartoony and playfully animated, doesn't it? The very same concept can be applied to Kingdom Hearts 3.

The world of Tangled is realistic, but does that stop it from having Disney's signature charm and lively, whimsical environments? Not at all. All this comes down to is evolution of technology. Kingdom Hearts 3 didn't lose "quirkiness" or bright color palettes. Don't believe me? Just compare those two images for yourself.

The charm is still there. Just like Tangled. Just like Brave and any other newer and more detailed Disney/Pixar films.

I'm sorry, but I HOPE the game isn't like this in the end. I just don't like the whole "photo realistic" look they have right now for KH3... it feels and looks "boring" to me even if the scenes look amazing and recapture the Disney worlds nearly perfectly. It looks to me like the whole environment has lost its charms and quirkiness like the past titles, like 3D, as it was colorful and had its own life and characteristic even if the worlds felt "barring" at times, at least they had something about them that stood out.

Especially Pirates of the Caribbean world which really stood out.

Here... not so much. I know it's most likely Alpha footage, but I do hope this isn't how everything is going to look.

Hahaha, did you seriously use Pirates of the Caribbean as an example of a KH world you prefer? Out of all the bold, beautiful worlds, that is what you pick?

That's the most realistic and "boring" world in the entire series; which, according to you, describes everything you hate about KH3. Everything in PotC was dark and completely devoid of bright colors.

The Tangled world, on the other hand, is lush with colors and life.

I'm quite surprised you don't like how this game is shaping up, as you tend to like anything that moves.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1435 on: June 19, 2015, 03:28:41 AM
The locations look fine and all but it's the character models I'm having some issue with, they look so flat and dull compared to the rest of the graphics I'm honestly not sure how to say what bothers me about them to be honest.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1436 on: June 19, 2015, 03:30:29 AM
Huh....is it me or are Sora's fingers kind of freakishly long in that picture?

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1437 on: June 19, 2015, 03:33:00 AM
They do indeed, also his new costume is kinda meh, much like the dream drop distance one was. Honestly giving him the black outfit was a weird choice sora looks better in a red outfit in my opinion.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1438 on: June 19, 2015, 04:00:02 AM
Eh the only thing that kind of bugs me about the outfit is that there seems to be a deeper V-neck on his shirt.  Though what bugs me more is Sora's hair, it looks kind of weird to me.  It looks....tamer.......

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #1439 on: June 19, 2015, 04:09:26 AM
I think most of the issues with the Character models is completely in the lighting and shaders at the moment. It'll look better once that's been worked on some more.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1440 on: June 19, 2015, 04:16:38 AM
I hope so.

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #1441 on: June 19, 2015, 04:41:25 AM
Hahaha, did you seriously use Pirates of the Caribbean as an example of a KH world you prefer? Out of all the bold, beautiful worlds, that is what you pick?

That's the most realistic and "boring" world in the entire series; which, according to you, describes everything you hate about KH3. Everything in PotC was dark and completely devoid of bright colors.

The Tangled world, on the other hand, is lush with colors and life.

I'm quite surprised you don't like how this game is shaping up, as you tend to like anything that moves.

Oh for the love of... when I mentioned the Pirates of the Caribbean I meant how the different world and appearance of it had its own unique and quirky feel that despite being "out-of-place" with Sora, Donald, and Goofy and their appearance it felt really "cartoony" still and the Kingdom Hearts vibe was there.

Here, no, nothing like it. The super realistic kills it and the PoC was hardly realistic itself and had a cartoon-ish charm still and I never found the world "boring". The big open fields with the realistic trees, mountains, and bushes feels absolutely boring as it doesn't give off that quirky cartoon-ish and Kingdom Hearts vibe the past entries had.

And also the actual movie Tangled is more vibrant and colorful than the KH3 Alpha footage and vastly prefer the former looks. Hopefully, and I know this is the Alpha footage and designs, the end product will be like the Disney movies in terms of colors and vibrant when we get there and Sora and the gang have that KH-vibe with their final designs.

I've been looking forward to KH3 for a long time, but I wished this "style" was a little more toned down. I know they're showing off what KH3 is going to be like. If this was any other games with a realistic approach I would be fine for it, but for KH... not so much.

I hope D23 event has a better presentation than E3 at least.

Also more tidbits on KH3:
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/18/tetsuya-nomura-on-kingdom-hearts-iii-and-kingdom-hearts-unchained-xchi/

Huh....is it me or are Sora's fingers kind of freakishly long in that picture?

Now that you mentioned it... they DO look a tad too long. But not freakishly long.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1442 on: August 17, 2015, 05:37:22 AM
http://youtu.be/xfXwuqQBKb4

- Big Hero 6 confirmed for Kingdom Hearts 3, will take place after events of the film
- Sora will go on adventures with Hiro and co., can even ride Baymax
- Darkness will manipulate original Baymax body left in the portal in the original movie, concept art by Tetsuya Nomura shown
- All Keyblades in KH3 will have unique transformations

Aw [parasitic bomb], this will be way too photo-realistic for Chris! Such an abomination!

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1443 on: August 17, 2015, 05:41:32 AM
That picture is amazing.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1444 on: August 17, 2015, 05:52:02 AM
Dark Baymax's large wing looks suspiciously like Sephiroth's wing.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1445 on: August 17, 2015, 06:11:39 AM
That pic does kinda embody what I love about the KH franchise when they get Disney worlds right--fun,excitement,adventure all that. Now to see if they capture that feeling in the real level.  8D

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1446 on: August 17, 2015, 06:16:04 AM
My brother and I were just talking about this yesterday.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1447 on: August 18, 2015, 02:05:11 AM

Well this IS SquareEnix after all.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1448 on: August 18, 2015, 02:26:19 AM
Well this IS SquareEnix after all.

Yes.

I'm saying that the darkness influencing Baymax could be related to Sephiroth, who suddenly disappeared along with Cloud in Kingdom Hearts 2.

I wonder if it's coincidence or not. Perhaps it will explain what the hell happened to Sephiroth and Cloud.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #1449 on: August 19, 2015, 03:42:44 PM
But that's a hand, and it's also where the rocket hand was propelled away from at the end of the movie. There are two quite normal and equally sized wings on the back.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations