Megaman Battle Network Chrono X!

killer336 · 74256

Offline killer336

• MMBN CHRONO X
  • Net Navi
    • View Profile
    • Megaman Battle Network Chrono X
Reply #50 on: April 19, 2011, 05:11:28 AM
Heya folks! We're getting closer to release demo4, so, we've decided to host a HelpBBS contest. In case you're rusty, a HelpBBS is one of the boards that give you jobs to do. In return for completing these jobs, you get prizes.

What we want from you guys, our fans, is to post in the topic linked below with your best ideas for a HelpBBS quest. Please follow the instructions written there and think hard about the one you want to submit. Remember that if you're idea is creative, it has a higher chance of being featured in the game.

http://mmbnchronox.22web.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=848&p=21229#p21229

P.S. We are STILL looking for new spriters. If you know anyone, or if you possess the skills yourself, then please send your best examples to ziutek340@gmail.com Thank you.

Offline RetroRespecter

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: April 19, 2011, 05:40:59 AM
I'd do it, but I am not a member.

Offline MaxRock

• MMBNCX CEO & Programmer
  • Cyberelf
  • "As long as you fight, you're the winner!"
    • View Profile
    • MMBN Chrono X
Reply #52 on: May 06, 2011, 09:42:10 PM
Veeery small teaser, plot related, introduces one "new" character that gonna be in game^^(we still need to change the central town's map a bit more xD)
We will be uploading new vid each week until 4th demo's relase(of course that plan can change due to real life issues)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B57C3sVB5KY[/youtube]

Offline RetroRespecter

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: May 10, 2011, 05:32:09 AM
WWW's Madd is back. The plot thickens...

Offline MaxRock

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
    • MMBN Chrono X
Reply #54 on: July 04, 2011, 12:37:21 PM
Time for some little update. We are doing very well. For now we entered a betatesting phase where the rest of team members and few betatesters replays the game many times under given circumstances searching for bugs, writing their reports etc, while I took few days free to take care of a few personal real life stuffs. No screenshots this time, because of one of our project rule - never relase stuff to public until we're sure they work in 99% without any bugs, BUT
that doesn't mean that we don't have anything more prepared for you. Here's another masterpiece art, (created by our talented artist - Muku) showing one of the scenes from 4th demo, along with introducing new characters. Enjoy!

Link to fullsized version: http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac20/MaxRock1/ConcertWallpaperCX.jpg

Offline killer336

• MMBN CHRONO X
  • Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: August 03, 2011, 10:03:50 PM
Hello there, fans! Today is a very special day! Why?  Because our trailer for the fourth demo is finally finished! Demo4 will contain 2 full game chapters. You will get to play through all of the story from demo3, plus the entirety of chapter 2. This adds up to about 4 hours of gameplay. Not only that, but the bugs from the third demo have been fixed, the graphics have been improved, smoother gameplay on older computers and much more.

But who am I kidding? Just watch it already!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2lW8Yjklvio[/youtube]

Site: http://mmbnchronox.22web.net

Facebook page (like us!): http://www.facebook.com/w.php?h=a016708e75d2d33224747f4295a23e38#!/pages/Megaman-Battle-Network-Chrono-X/167949956561811

Facebook page (friend us!): http://www.facebook.com/w.php?h=a016708e75d2d33224747f4295a23e38#!/profile.php?id=100000963506386

Offline RetroRespecter

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: August 04, 2011, 01:40:09 AM
Whoa! YOu blew me away that time!

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: August 04, 2011, 02:03:02 AM
You guys seem like you know what you're doing. Very impressive work. It looked like a real legit Battle Networks game, right down to the feel and writing.

You do need better sprites though.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline MaxRock

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
    • MMBN Chrono X
Reply #58 on: August 04, 2011, 03:02:09 AM
Glad you guys like our job so far. About sprites, well, we have only 2 spriters and they're doing their best (as the rest of our very small team). Althrough it would be nice to get few more fully-working fast spriters XD

Offline killer336

• MMBN CHRONO X
  • Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: August 26, 2011, 01:52:13 AM
Hello there, fellow fans. It's time for another update on Chrono X!

What does this picture mean? Well, we, at Megadudes, are hosting another contest, only this time it's not the BBS kind. This famous person needs a new netnavi! That's right. MMBN CHRONO X will have Mr. Famous in our game with his own fighable netnavi! This time, however, we want you, the fans, to decide what his navi should look like. If you're interested, details are below.

Date:
The competition is held from August 26th, 2011 (YES, TODAY.) to Midnight October 2nd, 2011 (GMT+1).

Rules:
-ONLY ARTS!!! They can be in any style you want. For example, traditional, digital, or sprites! Use your imagination!

-Arts can be only submitted to the following e-mail:      "ziutek340@gmail.com " ONLY with the corresponding e-mail title: "Chrono X competition no1-Mr.Famous".

-If you've done artwork for us, and we used it, then you CAN'T participate.

-Each person can submit only ONE art.

-Arts not related to the topic and/or not having the proper e-mail title we gave you above, won't be viewed, and will be INSTANLTY DELETED.

-Any submissions given not within the specified time-frame will NOT be considered. If you live in radically different timezones, then please try to submit your work earlier.

Besides art/scan/photos of the art, please include the following:
-Name of the NetNavi
-Element
-Attacks/Attack Style

The best ones will be posted in an update at October, along with the winning art!

The best design will be sprited by our team's spriters and put into Chrono X as Mr.Famous's NetNavi! This is your chance to be "Famous" too!

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #60 on: August 26, 2011, 03:15:44 AM
I think this may be a chance for WombatMan to shine!!

Despite my horrible artwork, too! XD

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline killer336

• MMBN CHRONO X
  • Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: August 30, 2011, 12:07:06 AM
This next update is a small sample of Chrono X's PVP function. Max made this out of boredom while Max needed to await for some key sprites. This example shows how the process of networking works in Game Maker using 39dll. The network is as optimized as possible. (Be mindful that GameMaker sucks with online play). Any bugs you find are lag and not programming errors. After you tested it, please voice your opinion if you think it should be incorporated into demo4.

Setup:
1. Download Hamachi
2. Add player-to-be-versed in the same Hamachi network
3. Choose a player to be the "Host" and "Client" after successfully running the game.
4. The Client types the Host's HAMACHI IP and then clicks OK.
5. Have fun.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?zdts8ud198iiq5p

Offline killer336

• MMBN CHRONO X
  • Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: September 11, 2011, 10:46:55 PM
Welp, our previous webhost decided to cancel our service based on the fact that we didn't have at least 5 unique visitors in 30 days (lie)and allowed anonymous posting (also lie). So, we had no choice but to move to a new TEMPORARY webhost Site:

Site: http://mmbnchronox.0fees.net

We will get a paid host in the near future, but this is here just so the fans can still check updates. The forum is not up-to-date however, as our latest backup was only from 8/14/2011. So if you've registered any accounts, or made any posts since then, they are lost.  We apologize for any inconvenience.

Offline chimera_king

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: September 20, 2011, 03:10:51 PM
I am so glad you guys are still continuing the project!

I can't wait to actually play this one, unlike the last Rockman.EXE / Mega Man Battle Network fan game which has since vanished   (Mega Man Battle Network 7 / Rockman.EXE 7 - Mondai o kakaeta shōrai! / ロックマン。EXE - 7 -  問題を抱えた将来!)

Any way I look forward to this....I just wonder; why hasn't ANYONE (fan or official) made Centuarman.exe yet???? :p hows that for a dropped suggestion? Keep up the good work however!

-----------------
Also how is THIS for the Japanese style name of your fan game -- Rockman.EXE: Time's Memory / ロックマン。EXE - 時の記憶

Offline Masterge77

• Robot Floatzel
  • Cyberelf
  • Buizel and Floatzel, the best Water Pokemon
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART account
Reply #64 on: September 27, 2011, 01:42:49 PM
I've been following this game for a great while, given that it is pretty much the only Battle Network fangame on the site, it is very well done, keep it up, I cannot wait at all for the next demo!

Offline MaxRock

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
    • MMBN Chrono X
Reply #65 on: October 11, 2011, 09:15:13 PM
Hey guys, time for the results of the Mr. Famous contest + some info about the project.

Before I say the winner though, I'd just like to thank each and everyone of you guys who took the time to enter. There were a lot of good entries and it was really hard for us to decide on a winner.

That being said, the winner is...Steven(CurseMan) with the Navi Cactus Man.EXE!

(left is original design, right is official CX artwork)

While the idea of a Cactus themed Navi might seem silly at first, we believe that out of all of the Navi ideas submitted that Cactus Man was by far the most creative and well thought out Navi submitted. Congrats again to Sheri for winning, and to everyone else who didn't, we're sorry, but there is always next time so keep at it!

Now, time for some new screenshots:

@chimera_king  ロックマン。EXE - 時の記憶 sounds nice XD

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #66 on: October 11, 2011, 09:19:26 PM
I knew Wombat Man was a long shot, but eh. Always good to have a Wood Navi as opposed to null. XD

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Masterge77

• Robot Floatzel
  • Cyberelf
  • Buizel and Floatzel, the best Water Pokemon
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART account
Reply #67 on: October 13, 2011, 06:00:43 PM
I can't wait to see Cactus Man in action!

Offline MaxRock

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
    • MMBN Chrono X
Reply #68 on: December 30, 2011, 01:22:32 AM
We finally moved to a new proffesional host, and got  a .com domain! Sadly our previous host damaged the backup, so we has to start with fresh forum, but that's not a problem! Just come and register! Without any problems! Also, new host's not the only surprise we prepared, but more about it next week!

=LINK=
www.mmbnchronox.com

Posted on: October 23, 2011, 12:24:58
We are getting closer and closer to relase 4th demo, meanwhile I found some free time and programmed what people offen were asking me for on e-mails - configurable controls. The menu for it is in form of a separate EXE file (as shown on the screen above).

There are 2 things to mention. First is, that the buttons can be configured only before running the game, not durning gameplay as the game loads the configuration from ini file. If for some reason the ini file would be missing, or be configured wrong, the controls will reset to default ones(Z,X,A,S,Enter,Backspace and arrows). Now the 2nd thing, All the controls in game itself gonna be displayed as GBA's ones, so A,B,L,R, Start and Select, no matter what controls gonna be set. Hope this won't be a problem. I did it to not overload the memory game's using with more fonts made of sprites.

Posted on: November 19, 2011, 23:13:34
This is the video event which has been livestreamed on the "MMBN Chrono X 2011 Year Ending Event" celebration on December 29 at 9pm GMT+1. Big thanks to our forum's moderator DSH for being the host for this presentation, as I was unable to be one cuz of IRL issues. Also don't forget to friend/like us on FB and visit our website at: www.mmbnchronox.com

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EadxwhMBhfo[/youtube]

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #69 on: December 30, 2011, 06:33:20 AM
'Twas a great stream indeed. :3

Offline killer336

• MMBN CHRONO X
  • Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: February 02, 2012, 09:58:18 AM
Just bringing some updates as we draw ever closer to demo 4's release. What we have here is a new track for our game catered to a special fight later on in the plot. What makes this particular track interesting is that it uses a new soundfont to experiment with. Please leave your thoughts on the new soundfont below.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JijmJnl8oHg&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

This next picture is the final design for the contest winner: CactusMan.EXE!

What do you guys think?

Offline Rayl

• The Missing Piece
  • Resistance Member
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: February 02, 2012, 01:56:03 PM
I'm not gonna lie, i love everything about your post. The music is very catchy, worthy of any Megaman track in fact and i find myself really looking forward to Chrono X all over again.

Also? Cactusman is bitchin. That cowboy look he's sporting is a natural fit and i love that hat.

Offline MaxRock

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
    • MMBN Chrono X
Reply #72 on: February 10, 2012, 04:33:27 PM
EXE Net Center with cooperation with us holds a NetNavi design contest(February 14th-14th March 2012)!

Design your own NetNavi (and NetOp, if you want) for the RockMan.EXE universe. You'll need to detail their attacks, defenses, HP, appearance, and what their chip would do. You are free to redesign a Robot Master from the original series if you so choose, but make it unique! You are permitted to draw as many Navis as you wish.

The only physical prize is a copy of the MegaMan Battle Network Official Complete Works art book (the winner to be decided by EXE Net Center's staff).

More than that, if one of the designs will be good enough, there's chance it will be featured in our fangame!
Whether to award this prize and to whom it would go will be entirely up to the MegaDudes staff (us). To be considered for immortalization in the game, your entry must contain designs for both a NetNavi and NetOp. Original submissions will all be considered, but it would be nice to see design for the old Robot Master GeminiMan, so that's an option too(just DON'T spam the contest with entires with GeminiMan only!)

Send all entries to exenetmail@gmail.com after February 14th, 2012 and before March 14th, 2012!!

That's all for today, good luck!

MMBN Chrono X: www.mmbnchronox.com
EXE Net Center: www.exenetcenter.webs.com

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #73 on: February 10, 2012, 10:18:13 PM
Already subbed WombatMan... again. :D

Offline MaxRock

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
    • MMBN Chrono X
Reply #74 on: March 19, 2012, 12:09:28 AM
This is it peoples, With this post i'm closing the contest's submission time. From now on we won't accept any submission, instead, we gonna hold a meeting this or next week to decide the winner. I'm wishing you all good luck!

Posted on: March 15, 2012, 14:59:26
That's right! "Project Iceberg" has been revealed! What is Project Iceberg? It refers to a part of our game that will extend your playtime of Demo 4 and the full game by an extremely high amount. It will allow you to interact with the Chrono X community on another level! Ladies and gentlemen, I bring to you: a built-in Chrono X online mode!

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/4820/projecticebergscreensho.png

Yes, this is real, folks. And at the botton of that picture, you can see screenshots related to the main part of the 4th demo. Lookin' nice, eh? We gonna relase more info related to the online mode in near future, so stay tuned for more updates as Chrono X draws closer to completion! If you haven't signed up on our forums yet, be sure to do so: www.mmbnchronox.com
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 01:01:38 AM by MaxRock »