Yoku Man · 272711

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
    • N-Mario's Gaming Universe
Reply #325 on: December 29, 2010, 08:26:41 PM
I don't have any way of knowing this. Seems they are keeping the source files to themselves, besides all the graphic/sprite data that's saved in the dropbox. Sorry, I wish I knew. :(

Offline Tesserex

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #326 on: December 30, 2010, 02:57:12 AM
Probably not like mine, I would guess if it's really written in C, that it's just their game, and not an engine for making other games.

Offline MegaPhilX

• Net Navi
  • I make the angels scream, and the devil cry!
    • View Profile
Reply #327 on: January 17, 2011, 02:56:57 PM
Tesserex, you are right. ^_^

Update on megaphilx.com but most of you guys probably already know.

Offline HertzDevil

• Banned
  • Net Navi
  • OOPS
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Reply #328 on: February 01, 2011, 05:47:48 PM
...MegaMan Unlimited also draws a lot of subtle similarities to MegaMan 3...
Oh Yeah? Including the soundtrack as well? The whole OST as of now sounds nothing like MM3 at all (while you can definitely hear some MM2 in MM9).

Just saying, plus everything else looks fine enough.

Me bringing up more dA dramas really makes no sense but I guess I KILLED ANOTHER GAME.
YouTube

Offline VulcanoMan

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #329 on: March 19, 2011, 08:41:36 PM
Good thing: 4 stages are finished! :)
Bad thing: no "MegaMan: Powered Up"-styled artworks... :(
Also, Phil said that he will release a beta of it, if the stuff of the game gets at least finalized, so just play the actual beta of MKF until the MMU release. >0<

Offline SilverPanda

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #330 on: June 02, 2011, 06:17:44 PM
Good thing: 4 stages are finished! :)
Bad thing: no "MegaMan: Powered Up"-styled artworks... :(
Also, Phil said that he will release a beta of it, if the stuff of the game gets at least finalized, so just play the actual beta of MKF until the MMU release. >0<

He is using C++, right? Because, Powered Up is very hard to create (maybe).

Offline VulcanoMan

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #331 on: June 03, 2011, 07:08:22 PM
He is using C++, right? Because, Powered Up is very hard to create (maybe).
Sorry, but I meant artworks, not gameplay.

Offline chimera_king

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #332 on: September 06, 2011, 06:01:41 AM
So is Mega Man Unlimited still an active project????

Offline Yoku Man

• Robot Master of Yoku Blocks.
  • Resistance Member
  • "Don't Trust Your Eyes, Trust Mine."
    • View Profile
Reply #333 on: December 11, 2011, 09:24:01 PM
So is Mega Man Unlimited still an active project????

It sure is, and hello everyone! Fwooooop! Look who is back!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #334 on: December 12, 2011, 12:03:11 AM
Hey there Yoku Man!

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #335 on: December 12, 2011, 01:22:05 AM
Sup Yoku Man. :D

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #336 on: December 12, 2011, 05:28:32 AM
Yup. :)

While you are recovering from a computer virus, I think my computer just got busted with one. Thank god I'm on a laptop right now or I would be stuck without a computer. But I think it was a pretty old PC anyway. So I just bought a new one online recently, though it probably won't be ready until next year or close to the end of this year.  :\

Anyway, good luck with finishing Yoku Man's stage design. The day I ever get started back on doing a new MegaMan engine, I could probably do a concept design of Yoku Man's stage until I have yours. But I would need a lot of motivation & inspiration to start back up. I'd have to stop being god damn lazy to begin with, and the loss of K.Inafune, MM Universe & Legends 3 is NOT helping me get motivated at all. Or maybe I really am lazy.  >U<

Offline Yoku Man

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #337 on: December 12, 2011, 04:03:02 PM
Regarding the whole set back this year with Inafune leaving and the cancellation of MM Universe and Legends 3, I'm proud that we still have a huge following of fangames in the works. If I could even arrange such a thing, I feel that perhaps we should all unite and create some sort of network or website to host all our fangames on. Perfect Memories can still be the forum where we commune of course.

It would be an awesome thing to celebrate Mega Man's anniversary too, we could have a facebook page, youtube page and various other things to help broaden the fangame network and attract a larger audience. Its also still a tad early to tell, but before I vanished for a year I proposed the idea to Phil of promoting Mega Man 72 and/or Mega Man TT in the end credits of MMU, perhaps we should promote all the other games too in each of our projects, to support each other.

The sudden burst of fangames made available could prove that the fans haven't lost faith in Mega Man and his fight for Everlasting Peace.

If you guys like this idea, perhaps I'll create a new thread about it where we can discuss the idea in more detail. I'd like to know what Phil thinks too. I've yet to speak to the chap since I returned to the Internetz. I'm still making the finishing touches to my contributions. I'm hoping I can still submit them to the game before its too late.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #338 on: December 12, 2011, 07:38:02 PM
Well after all, if Capcom wont make more Mega Man games, the fans will.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline RetroRespecter

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #339 on: December 12, 2011, 07:51:52 PM
Regarding the whole set back this year with Inafune leaving and the cancellation of MM Universe and Legends 3, I'm proud that we still have a huge following of fangames in the works. If I could even arrange such a thing, I feel that perhaps we should all unite and create some sort of network or website to host all our fangames on. Perfect Memories can still be the forum where we commune of course.

It would be an awesome thing to celebrate Mega Man's anniversary too, we could have a facebook page, youtube page and various other things to help broaden the fangame network and attract a larger audience. Its also still a tad early to tell, but before I vanished for a year I proposed the idea to Phil of promoting Mega Man 72 and/or Mega Man TT in the end credits of MMU, perhaps we should promote all the other games too in each of our projects, to support each other.

The sudden burst of fangames made available could prove that the fans haven't lost faith in Mega Man and his fight for Everlasting Peace.

If you guys like this idea, perhaps I'll create a new thread about it where we can discuss the idea in more detail. I'd like to know what Phil thinks too. I've yet to speak to the chap since I returned to the Internetz. I'm still making the finishing touches to my contributions. I'm hoping I can still submit them to the game before its too late.

Like it? LIKE IT?! Man, I LOVE it!!!  owob

Offline Yoku Man

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #340 on: December 12, 2011, 10:09:08 PM
Where does Mega Man Unlimited stand right now? All 8 Robot Master stages are completed with enemies and bosses. Yoku Man stage has yet to be finalised. Just need to do its themed enemies (global enemies are done) and the actual Yoku Man boss fight. Then Phil will feel comfortable enough to finally do a trailer for the game.

Traditionally the Mega Man 9 and 10 trailers always showed just the 8 regular stages and the silhoette of the robot masters. I also have an idea which might appeal to Phil too. I know a guy who can convert video game footage to 3D. Perhaps I may see if once the trailer is ready I could get a 3D version of the trailer done.

Once the trailer is done guys, its on to the Captured Wily Castle stages and its enemies and bosses. Thats the progress so far.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #341 on: December 12, 2011, 10:31:46 PM
Well after all, if Capcom wont make more Mega Man games, the fans will.

Can't say I'm complaining about this.

Offline Splash

• B-Class Hunter
  • Something here?
    • View Profile
Reply #342 on: January 06, 2012, 08:59:06 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6mgnktztTQ&feature=g-u&context=G2e266ffFUAAAAAAAAAA[/youtube]

http://quickmaster-exe.deviantart.com/
I like to draw... NOT!
Seriously.

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #343 on: January 06, 2012, 09:18:32 PM
I'm actually quite sad he didn't at least let me beta test this game. Considering I helped him through considering to develop the game, attempted to work on the game with him. But I guess he has his reasons. I look forward to this. :)

Offline Yoku Man

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #344 on: January 07, 2012, 01:27:15 AM
What can I say? Great parody and great teaser of whats to come! Only Phil would do a trailer like this, using his first language to his advantage too. Good show, mate. You actually sound better as a french Mario than the original commercial.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 03:24:02 PM by Yoku Man »

Offline chimera_king

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #345 on: January 12, 2012, 03:42:18 AM
Yea I agree the french Mario is much more interesting :P  Can't wait for MMU -- I played every other fan game and I been waiting for this one for two plus years it feels like!

Offline SonicZH

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #346 on: January 12, 2012, 06:22:02 PM
Saw the posts here , i am working on a fangame too and hope to finish this year, lets all make the anniversary a successful one  ;)

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #347 on: January 12, 2012, 09:00:18 PM
Only Phil could do a trailer like this

Wow, dude. Don't crawl up there too far. You may not be able to find your way out.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Yoku Man

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #348 on: February 14, 2012, 03:52:16 PM
I have news, ladies and gents, on some more specific updates regarding Mega Man Unlimited.

Progress so far:
- All robot master stages and bosses are completed except minor details.
- Stage Select screen completed.
- Wily stages 50%, no bosses yet.
- Level enemies : 98% ( 1 left to do )

Todo:
- Cutscenes
- MM Weapons
- Menus
- Save/Load
- Shop
- YokuMan
- Fix Bugs

And as of today, Jansim, Phil's coder is doing the AI for Yoku Man as we speak.
But another detail, Jet Man, Trinitro Man and Tank Man have been given new themes. But Phil assures us they're much better than the originals. They won't be disclosed until the games release.

Offline RetroRespecter

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #349 on: February 14, 2012, 09:19:01 PM
I'm going to enjoy beating the heck out of this!