The "What are you currently playing?" Thread

Saber · 730625

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #4800 on: October 05, 2015, 03:08:29 PM
Hammer is so OP, I love it. I replayed all SH games (except Shattered Memories) last month. Most of them are still great, especially 1, 2 and 3. :)

Got my copy of Super Mario Maker in the mail yesterday. I was gonna give it a title screen test drive to see if everything's working fine, but it looks like I'm required to do a system update before I play. There was a big storm yesterday and the update was estimated at 40-something minutes... I got scared and turned it off. I'll probably do that later.

The guidebook that they included with level design tips is really cool. It's pretty much just pictures and infographs, looks sweet. Can't wait to start!

Meanwhile I'm something like 70% through Last of Us. Loving it. The story is quite beautiful, how the characters interact and how they handle their conflicts. That whole segment where you're looking for a certain someone at a ranch was really touching. Having a blast following these characters and what motivates them.

The gameplay is cool. I'm still getting the hang of the stealth and how to handle gun fights, but the game is pretty easy on Normal.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4801 on: October 05, 2015, 08:43:01 PM
I started Skyrim again! I haven't finished Dragonborn with my Nord main Talvi yet but I'll get around to it.

I'm now playing an edgy ex-pilgrim, Florence, who got attacked and left for dead so she resorts to becoming a master thief while quietly mastering the magical arts.

Unfortunately my imperial-shilling dark elf Cheria is suffering a broken save so I've abandoned that route.

Offline Arikado

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #4802 on: October 11, 2015, 09:15:56 PM
On the last month in Persona 3 Portable.

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #4803 on: October 11, 2015, 09:32:13 PM
Playing "Disgaea: AoD". Pretty much focusing on the Etna mode plot.

Fear me.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4804 on: October 11, 2015, 09:48:42 PM
On the last month in Persona 3 Portable.

I couldn't stand the lack of 3D exploration in that, since I was spoiled by Persona 4, so I switched to FES.

Offline NitroWhite

• Java Maker
  • Robot Master
  • I hate all of you
    • View Profile
Reply #4805 on: October 24, 2015, 01:18:57 AM
Playing Arcana Heart 3 Max!!!!! and Terraria on Steam. Achievement hunting

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #4806 on: October 24, 2015, 02:46:40 AM
Been whittling away at Yoshi's Woolly World.  Sadly it'll probably be the last new game I get this year the way my finances are going (well, besides an eShop download or two anyway, since I still have some funds sitting there).

But holy crap, is it cute, and definitely one of the best Yoshi games so far.  I only wish Amiibo patterns were handled as well as the in-game ones.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #4807 on: October 31, 2015, 02:26:31 PM
Just finished Silent Hill 2, and the timing couldn't be any better. It's a good improvement over the first game in terms of story and atmosphere but the combat felt easier than the first one at times and the enemies aren't as persistent on killing you, especially during the parts where you're running through the streets of Silent Hill yet the only threat to you are the slow shambling nurses instead of those mutilated dogs or Pteranodon monsters that gave you good chase, but that might have to do with me playing on Normal like I did with the first one. I find it kind of funny that the hammer comes back in this game but as Biggoron's Sword—I mean Great Knife but much harder to use yet wrecks [parasitic bomb] even harder than ever. I might follow up on the Maria scenario another time since I got at least another game I want to finish up before Halloween is over, and try Silent Hill 3 at some point.

Offline Suppercut ♡

• Toaster Catgirl Sniper
  • Neo Arcadian
  • something something All Limiters Released
    • View Profile
    • Ironically Opressing Oppression
Reply #4808 on: October 31, 2015, 03:01:58 PM
Playing way too much Terraria lately. I had an Expert mode game going at one point, but I ended up ragequitting it after the ninth time I died trying to fight any Hardmode boss. Loaded up a Normal save, ended up finding Arkhalis early game. Currently destroying everything I touch when I'm still in search of Magic Mirror and Extractinator. Beat EoC and EoW ez pz with this retardedly OP sword, so all I need to do now is figure out how to force a Goblin Invasion so I can blow my one-and-a-half Platinum on reforges. Just crafted Nightmare Pick and had, like, nine friggin' meteors land, so I gotta go get me some obsidian for a skull.

Also I have golden Cat Ears (dyed). Still on the hunt for Unlucky Yarn so I have a match with my Magi Carmen outfit.

what

Offline NitroWhite

• Java Maker
  • Robot Master
  • I hate all of you
    • View Profile
Reply #4809 on: October 31, 2015, 04:13:36 PM
Playing way too much Terraria lately. I had an Expert mode game going at one point, but I ended up ragequitting it after the ninth time I died trying to fight any Hardmode boss. Loaded up a Normal save, ended up finding Arkhalis early game. Currently destroying everything I touch when I'm still in search of Magic Mirror and Extractinator. Beat EoC and EoW ez pz with this retardedly OP sword, so all I need to do now is figure out how to force a Goblin Invasion so I can blow my one-and-a-half Platinum on reforges. Just crafted Nightmare Pick and had, like, nine friggin' meteors land, so I gotta go get me some obsidian for a skull.

Also I have golden Cat Ears (dyed). Still on the hunt for Unlucky Yarn so I have a match with my Magi Carmen outfit.

I just gave up any pretense of playing Expert without a crutch and brought with me only two hardmode items to ease the pain. A yo-yo and The Twins staff. I was going to play it legit but I couldn't ever advance beyond the desert early game and couldn't find enough ore underground. (opposite side of the desert was Crimson)

As for what I'm playing today, La-Mulana (because I hate myself), later Doom 3 and Deathsmiles.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #4810 on: October 31, 2015, 05:10:15 PM

It's pretty much safe to say that Terraria has taken over my life just like TV Tropes. A part of my playtime with Terraria was trying to make a Cell Phone so I can all the informational stuff in one item instead of having a 4 or so items taking up space. Trying to get the materials from the Angler is a [sonic slicer], though, especially if he makes you try to fish for something that your fishing rod can't catch (i.e. fishes you'd find in lava unless you're lucky to get the Hotline Rod early). I'm trying to figure out some cosplay stuff I can do in Terraria in the spirit of Halloween. Surprisingly I haven't found the Arkhalis in the world I've made. I think I have a spare Unlucky Yarn somewhere.

[spoiler=end game stuff]Moon Lord was a daunting boss fight. It inflicts debuffs that cripples your HP/MP regen abilities, has some very hard (and sometimes cheap) attacks that can take chunks off your HP, persistent as hell on killing you, he's got it all. I had to abandon using melee-oriented strategies in favor for spell-casting because Spectre Armor has a hood that focuses on defense which helps me stay alive long to warp to my nurse for emergency recovery. All of the fishes I've been hoarding and leftover ores also helped in making potions to buff my stats and resistance to damage. The Nebula Arcanum that you can craft with the fragments you get before the fight also helped in dealing damage despite being hard to use since it's slow moving and you have to try to get Moon Lord in position so that the spheres do damage. After killing it, now its "lol [tornado fang] you Moon Lord" now that I have Last Prism to unleash Master Spark and Nebula Armor to jack up my spells to game-breaking levels (on Normal at least).[/spoiler]

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4811 on: October 31, 2015, 05:16:44 PM
In the spirit, I've picked The Evil Within back up.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4812 on: October 31, 2015, 06:03:39 PM
I guess today would be the best time to start Outlast.

Offline Suppercut ♡

• Toaster Catgirl Sniper
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #4813 on: October 31, 2015, 07:53:39 PM
Surprisingly I haven't found the Arkhalis in the world I've made. I think I have a spare Unlucky Yarn somewhere.
*hoards the Arkhalis* nuuuu, you may not have >^<

what

Archer

Reply #4814 on: October 31, 2015, 08:40:52 PM
I couldn't stand the lack of 3D exploration in that, since I was spoiled by Persona 4, so I switched to FES.

B-but you can't play as a girl in FES

Offline Frozen Potato

• The Unamused Blue Haired
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #4815 on: November 01, 2015, 03:00:03 AM
Corpse Party: Blood Drive

Story went okay to horribly cliché with magic clans getting involved, terrible 3d Chibi models too which really takes away the 2d sprite charm the first game has, it turns horrific events into hilarious  due to chibi usage.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4816 on: November 01, 2015, 04:23:54 AM
Played Bloodborne this morning to celebrate halloween. But I've been on RPGMaker MV most of the day tweaking stats and making new spells. (Time for items and equipment then I start on the prologues for each character.  8D )

Offline Suppercut ♡

• Toaster Catgirl Sniper
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #4817 on: November 01, 2015, 05:05:55 AM
Played Bloodborne this morning to celebrate halloween. But I've been on RPGMaker MV most of the day tweaking stats and making new spells. (Time for items and equipment then I start on the prologues for each character.  8D )
Hang on, so you're making an RPM RPG? That's pretty cool. I can help out, if you want. I have no idea what MV's scripting system looks like, but I was working on a battle system for VX, and I generally have a knack for creating mechanics and systems that work well.

what

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4818 on: November 01, 2015, 05:10:12 AM
B-but you can't play as a girl in FES

I played both FES and Portable, so it's all good

Archer

Reply #4819 on: November 01, 2015, 05:12:17 AM
Oh okay

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4820 on: November 01, 2015, 05:14:49 AM
Hang on, so you're making an RPM RPG? That's pretty cool. I can help out, if you want. I have no idea what MV's scripting system looks like, but I was working on a battle system for VX, and I generally have a knack for creating mechanics and systems that work well.

Less a RPM RPG and more a story featuring some of the characters reinvisioned to fit the world of the game. I might do some more cameos later but for the time being I want to keep it simple and work on the base game. (Story is all thought up)

MV script language is Java I think? Otherwise it functions about the same as VX/VX Ace with some changes under the hood. Honestly MV is better than VX Ace in some ways and worse in others.

Some missing features like the resource manager or the auto damage formula option being removed is--odd and adds some unnecessary busy work while the loss of MP3 compatibility for new formats is also annoying.

At the same time things like the more advanced character maker, the built in option to switch between side view and first person and more classic features of RPGs built into the database are welcome.

Offline Suppercut ♡

• Toaster Catgirl Sniper
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #4821 on: November 01, 2015, 05:12:54 PM
Less a RPM RPG and more a story featuring some of the characters reinvisioned to fit the world of the game. I might do some more cameos later but for the time being I want to keep it simple and work on the base game. (Story is all thought up)

MV script language is Java I think? Otherwise it functions about the same as VX/VX Ace with some changes under the hood. Honestly MV is better than VX Ace in some ways and worse in others.

Some missing features like the resource manager or the auto damage formula option being removed is--odd and adds some unnecessary busy work while the loss of MP3 compatibility for new formats is also annoying.

At the same time things like the more advanced character maker, the built in option to switch between side view and first person and more classic features of RPGs built into the database are welcome.
Oh dear. Java is 300% more confusing than Ruby. Game sounds cool though!

what

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #4822 on: November 03, 2015, 01:23:02 PM
Beat Double Dragon 2 and Ninja Gaiden (NES) a couple times last weekend. DD2 still kicks my ass (especially the final boss) but it is great. One day I'll be good at this game. NG1 killed me a few times in the first run, but then the second run was deathless.

I'm starting Metroid Prime later tonight. Really excited, it's been at least a year since I played this. I wonder if I can still do the sequence breaks!

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #4823 on: November 03, 2015, 01:37:12 PM
Chugging away at Little Battlers eXperience

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #4824 on: November 08, 2015, 02:29:46 PM
Been re-visiting a bunch of Wii and GC games, starting with Metroid Prime 1-3 and now Metroid: The Baby. Prime trilogy is simply fantastic. I did a ton of sequence breaks and had a great time.

I only played 20 minutes of Other M so far, paused when you (are authorized to) enter Sector 1. I pretty much can't play this game during the day because the glare in my room is insane (same thing happens with Skyward Sword for some reason). It's funny 'cause in Corruption I can usually aim at any time but Other M's first person view just spazzes out.

The cheese in this game walks the thin line between hilarious and cringy. I love making fun of the story but at the same time I just don't want to see any of it, haha. Wasn't there a project by someone who wanted to mute the narration and leave only the dialogue? The cutscenes do look pretty at least. That Zero Suit Samus... Team Ninja knows their boobs.

20 minutes isn't enough to do much but I still enjoy playing this game. Don't get me wrong, every complaint I've read about Other M makes perfect sense. It's just a game that I somehow enjoy in spite of all the trash in it. The gameplay is fast, the combat is flashy and free, and I just like the idea of controlling a 3D model of Samus. The post-game is really good too, but I don't know if I'm gonna stick around for 100% this time.

I'll play a real chunk of the game tonight.