slayer · 4637

Offline slayer

• War-Pig
  • Robot Master
  • Mavericks are for pussies...real men kill Aliens
    • View Profile
    • MY fan thingys , help me overcome my fear to show my draws please
on: April 15, 2011, 01:30:40 AM
 hi everybody,i was thinking while playing zx, i felling something i din`t know was, until some days ago....

-did megaman zx give something new to the series..? i know , there is the biometals...
but.... is the same thing over and over, fight mavericks... fight mavericks...and some more mavericks.... i mean wtf..... legion made that law to make people and reploids both organic beings, to end the maverick thing, but...they stilll build combat robots, making this law totally pointless.... -AC

-about the biometals, they look like a good idea...but , sometimes when i change biometals, i feel more like a "power ranger" it`s almost the same, and  the fact i need a determined biometal for things like air-dash and swim, that is  more pointless... and the need of change biometal every five seconds is quite annyoing...in zxa you can also mimic the bosses...auch

aa one more thing to adress...elements... they exists since mmz, but i think they are not so usesful...why?

fire- plasma is more hotter than fire, strike one  -u-'

thunder- all machines should be weaker to this,

ice- shooting ice towards armored machines sound estupid, is like fight the terminator with snow balls.... B(
literally

pd: sorry fo my bad english, have a nice day <3

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 02:50:14 AM
On one hand, I find that in this horrible mess of a post, you make valid points about "need of change biometal every five seconds" and umm... that's it really.

The last parts of your posts (the ones about elements) can be applied to almost all [tornado fang]ing Megaman games. If not all.

What's wrong with feeling like Power Rangers? Be glad you don't feel like a magical girl... no, wait. That would be awesome actually.

Also:

[spoiler]...[/spoiler]

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 03:48:26 AM

Quote from: The Rules of RPM
* Correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation is expected. While we can be somewhat lenient, there is a point where what you type is simply incomprehensible, and may be considered spam. Take your time posting -- this is not a chat room.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 03:55:16 AM
That image would be funnier if you added: ... at the end.

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 05:41:46 PM
Second languages are pretty hard aren't they? Is alright. ^^

They have added new things to the series, just not in the way you're thinking. They have to have bosses; it's not a megaman
game without bosses and enemies. ^^; I get it, you're speaking more along the lines of how plausible it is in the story, but we
all know what RPM thinks about plot holes. Besides, I don't think people are willingly making these killing machine. At least, they
didn't make crushpactors for the sole purpose of running over civilians! >,<; Most of the mechaniloids you fight were harmless things
like popcorn makers or construction equipment turned into destructive weapons by the influence of Model W. The rest like Galeons
and other intentional weapons were either for security systems or they were possibly created by other Model Ws.

Slayer does makes some good points though. I use a lot of my time researching the ZX series and what the fans think of it, and
some fans don't like the idea of all of your abilities being broken apart into different forms. You'd spend an awful lot
of time changing forms just to solve puzzles and get around obstacles; most of which(especially in ZXA) is all the
different forms are good for. Once you get both model H biometals in ZX, you don't really need anything else to beat
bosses, and Model A alone is enough to beat the final boss in ZXA. While the transforming takes a while; I don't
see it as any different than going to the menu screen and changing my weapons like in the zero series. It would be nice
to be able to change it to something shorter and less showy for faster paced parts of the game.

For elemental attack...think of them as an easier way of finding a bosses weakness. The boss who uses ice type attacks is weak
against fire type attacks. It's not as creative as it was in the X or classic series, but it can also be used for puzzle solving. Need to
start up a generator to open a door into the next room? Use an electric attack! Blocks of ice on the ground? Use fire! As long as
the game producers can make something fun and creative with it, I don't think much of how simple it is or whether it makes sense to
me. ^^

There really is a lot more I could talk about on this subject, but I would like to keep this short. Hope this helps. ^^o

Offline slayer

• War-Pig
  • Robot Master
  • Mavericks are for pussies...real men kill Aliens
    • View Profile
    • MY fan thingys , help me overcome my fear to show my draws please
Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 11:21:18 PM
thanks fo being a educated person night  :3
y really apreciate that
and i realize(thanks to your comment) that the  mavericks cannot be erradicate, because people need machines, making the "people +reploids" mix completely pointless
  :\

Offline Ekaje

• You worthless piece of scrap metal!
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 12:13:11 AM
While most of your complaints are pretty minor in the grand scheme of things, I do see where you're coming from not liking having to constantly change forms to do a puzzle to justify a form existing.

*walking along* *"OH HEY HERES A BLOCK MOVE IT"* *Queenbee* *move block* *never use Queenbee again*

Though I personally really enjoy the form switching mechanic and often go out of my way to use multiple forms even when I could just rush through all the bosses with only A/ZX.