Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing

Jazz Shaking · 23755

Offline Jazz Shaking

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
on: May 29, 2009, 03:53:04 AM
Race Into Pole Position With Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing
Get ready for the ultimate racing showdown with Sonic and his SEGA friends!

LONDON & SAN FRANCISCO (May 28th, 2009) – SEGA® Europe Ltd. and SEGA® America, Inc., today announced Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing, a fast and furious battle to the finish line in this supercharged racer. Developed for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, the home video game system, Wii™ and the Nintendo DS™ system, Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing will speed into stores in early 2010.

In a frantic battle to the chequered flag, Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing sees Sonic and friends speed around tracks set in mediaeval castle ramparts, lush rainforests and bustling cities, all taken from the visually rich and varied universes of Sonic and SEGA. Fan favourites such as Dr. Eggman, Tails, AiAi, Amigo and many more will join Sonic in their custom built vehicles, revving their engines and jostling to stay ahead of the pack. Each character will race around the track in cars, planes, motorbikes, and in AiAi’s case – a banana mobile! Secret short cuts, swift handling and avoiding strategically placed obstacles are certainly the best way to get to the top of the podium.

“Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing is no ordinary racing game. Its huge variety of characters and vehicles, plus the ability to play both online and off set it apart from other games of this type” commented Gary Knight European Marketing Director, SEGA Europe Ltd. “The team have pushed the boundaries on what you would normally expect and created a different and unique party racing title whereby you really can’t take anything for granted!”

And winning is only part of the fun in Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing! Each character has a specific All Star move such as Super Sonic, Banana Blitz and Tails Tornado, allowing a quick way for competitors to get back into the race! Power ups and weapons can also be collected around the tracks and used against the opposition to ensure they don’t become a threat to that number one position… Players can battle it out in single or multiplayer mode, allowing up to four friends to race in frantic split-screen action, or up to eight players to compete online in the ultimate racing showdown.

Can Amigo scramble Dr. Eggman? Will AiAi say bye-bye to Tails? Are you gonna be faster than Sonic? The race will start in 2010…

Official Trailer
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7KIeD1tNGo[/youtube]

www.sega.com/sonicracing.
http://www.sega.com/news/?n=3262
http://www.sega.co.uk/games/sonicracing
http://blogs.sega.com/sonic/2009/05/28/sonicsegaracing/

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 03:54:21 AM
Sonic's returning to his neglected car from Sonic Drift 1+2. Okaay Sega, weird. It looks like a rivalry may be revived, even though Nintendo could easily cut them off if they wanted to.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 04:25:55 AM
Um, what? Why? Dear god, not this bs again.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 06:42:04 AM
All I ask, Sega... or Sumo, in this case... is that this be good enough to beat the living [parasitic bomb] out of Mario Kart. Not like that should be hard to do given how utterly bad Mario Kart Wii was... but still!

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 06:52:09 AM
Oh lol, Sonic is driving a car? That certainly feels different.  XD

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 06:56:58 AM
It was called Sonic Drift 1 & 2.

Then the tried Sonic Riders. Sonic Riders was almost as bad as Shadow the Hedgehog.

Almost.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 06:58:55 AM
The only off part of Sonic Drift was how reliant you were on drifting.

...Well, at least it lived up to its name.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 29, 2009, 07:12:55 AM
"And that's why Sonic drift Sucks!"
Seriously. WTF Is sonic in a car. It looks cool, but He doesn't need it. The same way he doesn't need public transportation.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: May 29, 2009, 04:03:38 PM
It's just gameplay, people. What fun would a game be if Sonic's allowed to go full speed while everyone else is in a vehicle? You guys are bitching like this is the next main series title.

Newstip: It's not. It's another title in the Sega Superstars brand, except Sonic gets priority billing for the sake of pushing more titles. Just like how Sega Superstars Tennis used a modified version of Virtual Tennis, this is confirmed to be using the OutRun 2 engine. It's nothing but a second-party Sega title and yet everyone reacts like it's the end of the world.

Actually, I can see trying to educate people on this topic isn't going to work. Go ahead, get all the bile out of your system. [sonic slicer] and moan about how this isn't true Sonic (even though it isn't meant to be in the first place... it's not even being touched by Sonic Team or Sonic Team USA) while other get to enjoy a pretty good party racing game. You know... something Mario Kart Wii failed to be because of so many poor design choices?

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: May 29, 2009, 04:16:18 PM
So, just so I understand you correctly, it's okay to get the bile out of your system, [sonic slicer], AND moan about how regular Sonic titles, made by Sonic Team, aren't true Sonic before the game comes out (I'M THE KNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT OF THE WIND)...but 2nd party Sonic games deserve more of a chance?   8D

BTW, I call Samba!  owob

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #10 on: May 29, 2009, 04:22:02 PM
So, just so I understand you correctly, it's okay to get the bile out of your system, [sonic slicer], AND moan about how regular Sonic titles, made by Sonic Team, aren't true Sonic before the game comes out (I'M THE KNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT OF THE WIND)...but 2nd party Sonic games deserve more of a chance?   8D

BTW, I call Samba!  owob

By that, I call Sonic! owob

Well, if this is going to happen, why the [tornado fang] not use the Virtual ON engine with Temjin as an entry! Now that would kick ass if he gets to be in a Wii title.

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: May 29, 2009, 04:26:23 PM
Because it's not really a Sonic game. This is the same move they did with Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection where, again, purely for marketing reasons, they slapped Sonic as the poster boy even though he had a minimal inclusion as opposed to the other Genesis classics included on the disc (this mostly holds true in America. Outside of the U.S., the game was billed as Sega's Ultimate Mega Drive Collection with no nasty Sonic render on the front.)

Sonic's priority on the box is purely to sell off the brand's name. I don't exactly approve of the practice and would prefer the game's title to just be Sega All-Star Racing (this was actually its concept name,) but at the end of the day, Sega's a company and wants money. So, to get the game more attention, they slap on their best-known franchise on the title to increase its selling potential.

In other cases, when we DO get main series titles, complaining this early when all we have are a CGI and a handful of gameplay photos is kind of stupid. It happened with Unleashed, but that turned out to be pretty good... moreso on the PS3 and 360. With Black Knight, the idea was novel but it was really poorly executed and a good chunk of the game wound up being just collecting items to try and get more stuff for weapons Sonic can't even really use.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: May 29, 2009, 04:36:07 PM
In other cases, when we DO get main series titles, complaining this early when all we have are a CGI and a handful of gameplay photos is kind of stupid. It happened with Unleashed, but that turned out to be pretty good... moreso on the PS3 and 360. With Black Knight, the idea was novel but it was really poorly executed and a good chunk of the game wound up being just collecting items to try and get more stuff for weapons Sonic can't even really use.

To be honest, from what I've seen, until SEGA releases some kind of classic 2D, 2.5D Sonic game, Sonic fans are always going to [sonic slicer] about any game he's in, whether he has a sword, car, magic ring, baseball bat, tricycle, Order Emeralds, etc.! 

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: May 29, 2009, 04:40:43 PM
Well, if this is going to happen, why the [tornado fang] not use the Virtual ON engine with Temjin as an entry! Now that would kick ass if he gets to be in a Wii title.

Pardon me while I try not to slap you over the internet.

To be honest, from what I've seen, until SEGA releases some kind of classic 2D, 2.5D Sonic game, Sonic fans are always going to [sonic slicer] about any game he's in, whether he has a sword, car, magic ring, baseball bat, tricycle, Order Emeralds, etc.! 

This is true. What really sucks is when SEGA gets the magic formula right for a Sonic game, no one's going to even notice due to the "hurrrr Sonic am laem" [parasitic bomb] that plagues the internet.

Also, dibs on Beat, Gum, or Ristar! XD

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: May 29, 2009, 04:43:24 PM
My thought is they set the brand to some insane standard that Sega just can't reach... it's like wanting games while looking through the rosiest-tinted glasses in existence. The second one thing deviates from that view, it's an all out flurry of yelling, crying, moaning, tired jokes, and over-used pictures that would make a four-year-old kid embarrassed. Meanwhile, the people who genuinely like games because they're fun in the franchise have to go out and do some damage control. It's no wonder the Sonic fanbase has the "respect" they do. They're the biggest bunch of babies on the Internet who, half of the time, don't even know what they want.

I point to the "THIS GAME IS TOO SLOW! WAIT, NOW SONIC'S TOO FAST!" issue we had here with Unleashed and was no doubt reciprocated around the Internet countless times.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: May 29, 2009, 04:46:10 PM
My thought is they set the brand to some insane standard that Sega just can't reach... it's like wanting games while looking through the rosiest-tinted glasses in existence. The second one thing deviates from that view, it's an all out flurry of yelling, crying, moaning, tired jokes, and over-used pictures that would make a four-year-old kid embarrassed. Meanwhile, the people who genuinely like games because they're fun in the franchise have to go out and do some damage control. It's no wonder the Sonic fanbase has the "respect" they do. They're the biggest bunch of babies on the Internet who, half of the time, don't even know what they want.

What's even funnier is this reminds me sooooo much of the StarFox & Zelda fanbases right here. I know why already but it's still funny to notice. XD

I point to the "THIS GAME IS TOO SLOW! WAIT, NOW SONIC'S TOO FAST!" issue we had here with Unleashed and was no doubt reciprocated around the Internet countless times.

God that [parasitic bomb] was [tornado fang]ing hilarious. "SONIC TOO FAST! SLOW HIM DOWN!" XD XD XD

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #16 on: May 29, 2009, 04:48:09 PM
Pardon me while I try not to slap you over the internet.

'Scuuse me prince! I was just in speculation, I've been doing that practice since Brawl.

I doubt that may happen, unless Sega pulls off a Nintendo and adds those characters (like when Ninty added Snake for the suprise).

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: May 29, 2009, 04:50:03 PM
In b4 Facepalm.jpg

HELL YES.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: May 29, 2009, 04:51:51 PM
Meanwhile, the people who genuinely like games because they're fun in the franchise have to go out and do some damage control.

Ahhhh.  Here is the mistake right here.  Playing damage control with nerds is truly a fruitless act.  All you can really do is try the game out.  If you enjoy it, fantastic.  If you hate it, ah well.  But just because others hate it doesn't mean you should try to defend the game to the people that do.

Take Sonic Unleashed.  I thought that game was pretty awesome.  The Werehog mode, which I wasn't too fond of when I heard about it, grew on me....well except for the damn battle music cutting in to the fuckawesome night time songs.  It's the same with Black Knight.  I tried the game out, and actually had a pretty fun time playing it.  Hell, look at what Jericho was talking about with the GAF people disliking MK64, when I consider it my 2nd favorite game of all time.  

In regards to Virtual On, make a Fei-Yin themed car, and I'd be happy!   8)

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: May 29, 2009, 04:55:41 PM
'Scuuse me prince! I was just in speculation, I've been doing that practice since Brawl.

OK, listen up real good right now. I don't know where you hail from where a game engine used to power a mech fighting game can be used to create a Mario Kart clone but if you have the golden keys to this fabled place, I'd sure love to visit it sometime. Now then, moving on to another point, there's a difference between taking educated guesses and spouting things to make oneself seem knowledgeable. The latter seems to be your area of expertise and judging from how head scratchingly confused other posters reading your comments are from time to time, I don't think I'm the only one noticing this.

But hey, you're free to let me know what your angle was for this anytime after this post.

I doubt that may happen, unless Sega pulls off a Nintendo and adds those characters (like when Ninty added Snake for the suprise).

Because Jet Set Radio and Ristar were made by Capcom, amirite? 8D

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #20 on: May 29, 2009, 04:59:37 PM
In regards to Virtual On, make a Fei-Yin themed car, and I'd be happy!   8)

Can't say that better myself, Sega may need to keep track on thier franchises if they are going to pull that off, with Fei-Yin behind the wheel. Definately sounds fun to try out.

@Jelly: Yes, it's all in the view of the fan, nothing more.. and I didin't knew about that Ristar and Jet Set being made by Capcom, well.. one of them was in Sega Superstars Tennis anyway, it could happen again.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: May 29, 2009, 05:01:26 PM
@Jelly: Yes, it's all in the view of the fan, nothing more.. and I didin't knew about that Ristar and Jet Set being made by Capcom, well.. one of them was in Sega Superstars Tennis anyway, it could happen again.

God. Damn.

Shine on man, shine on. XD

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: May 29, 2009, 07:44:28 PM
anyone else wanna see Jack from Madworld in the game?

it's not even being touched by Sonic Team or Sonic Team USA

which can only be a good thing.

Hell, look at what Jericho was talking about with the GAF people disliking MK64, when I consider it my 2nd favorite game of all time.  

WHAT!? it's possible that people hate MK64? GAF officially sucks worse than the WNBA.

and I didin't knew about that Ristar and Jet Set being made by Capcom

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #23 on: May 29, 2009, 07:47:20 PM
Look, all I knew that it was published by Sega, no need to stress it further. Which is why I almost never post in any of the discussions.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
  • Never "Great", just varying degrees of "OK".
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: May 29, 2009, 10:16:17 PM
This is an insta-buy for the sole reason that Robotnik's driving a monster truck.

My Twitch channel. Random streams during the week.
Currently streaming: Transformers: Devastation