Rockman X Fan Game Ideas.

Irregular Ass-R-Us · 4728

Offline Irregular Ass-R-Us

• Dedicated Pompous Gimpy Douchebag With A Burning Passion! (◥▶◀◤).
  • Robot Master
  • Ultra Super Godly Royal [Top Spin]. (◥▶◀◤)
    • View Profile
on: August 28, 2013, 10:57:39 PM
Hi guys, its nice to see you all.

About a Year Ago i had bought MMF2 Developer and have been practising my skills up to now. I did it solely for Rockman because i love him a lot and he is Amazing. So now i think my skills should be able to create a really high quality fan game. Its my first time making a Rockman fan game but that doesn't mean i will go for something simple.

So i thought about making a very high quality fan game for Rockman ( X specifically ). I got as much advise as possible from developers alike and learned a lot more about game developing as well as the roles, and also how difficult and long it is. Since making a game is not something that could be accomplished in a month or two. It takes almost two or more years to complete something really high and triple AAA. I am ready to accept those consequences and sleepless nights. Because i will devote my self to this project for Rockman since he is one of my Heroes that i adore.

So with that said, i would love your guys ideas and opinions on what you want in the game.

Here are my ideas:

Story:
The story is set after X8, there is peace on earth between Reploids and Humans. However, it only lasts for a short time. Reploids due to a unatural event started to evolve further and started to become as complex as humans. Most would think that it would be a wonderful thing, but it is quite the opposite. Reploids due to their higher inteligence and strength have gotten more jobs then humans. They are better at: Construction, Politics, Education and many more. Humans starting to realize how better reploids are decided to give out one order: *Retire all reploids*.  The world peace committee which governs over the world which consists of humans decided to accept this due to numerous humans living in poverty. Most reploids had agreed to that because they loved their masters a lot which had given them life in the first place. X agreed to this and wanted everlasting peace even if it means decomissioning himself.

The reploids had one month before they were decommissioned. During this time, one Reploid disagreed fully and said that reploids lives are just as important as humans, he believed in the notion of Reploids and Humans living together. The World Peace Committee decided that he is dangerous and should be decommissioned quickly. Luckily he escaped and managed to have a large amount of reploids on his side. One of them being Zero. Zero also believed there was another way to this but if the humans want to kill all reploids then he wont allow it. The world peace commitee regarded the rebelion led by the mysterious reploid as a act of an Irregular. With X agreeing, he goes to stop the rebellion. Which he will also have to face Zero. The rebelion aims to stop the destruction of all reploids while trying not to harm or kill many humans.

X as he fights starts to realize the dangerous side of himself that Dr.Light had mentioned. Everything is not as it seems in this final chapter of the X series.
Will X be a threat to all life or will he be the protector of all life.

Game play:
-Rage/Threat Bar, when it is full. The bad side of X starts to awaken.
-Shining Finger Attack which analyzes the enemy and absorbs their energy and data which can be used to upgrade:
Armours, Boss weapons and movement Skills.
-Downward Dash which causes a mini explosion upon impact. Can be upgraded .
-Reploid Enemies that have much more advanced AI and chase you some times.
-No stage select. Metroid Style exploration with some tweaks such as a world map and more.
-Bosses react differently when they are in different areas.
-Hunting Style missions. Getting a mission explanation and finding the boss depending on which area he is in.
-Side selection. throughout the game you can choose which path to take. The rebelion or the humans.
-Multiple endings.
-A new character.
-Deep story with plot twists.
-Visual novel style story telling because it is the best style for heavy story telling.
-Character interactions. Interact with characters while in the base to know them better.
-Armour colour customization.
-Combine armour parts. For example: Combine Ultimate Armour and Falcon Armours busters to make the falcon shot fast powerful or the ultimate shot spilt into three shots.
-Zero is unlock able.
-Give X equal story and character development like Zero.
-Explore X's past and find more secrets about him.
-VAVAs mysterious appearance.
-Ride armour hangar which can be deployed on special mission only.
-Unexpected Final Boss ( Not Sigma ).
-Axl will be in it.

Those are my ideas which i have been thinking about for a long time and seem do-able in MMF2. What about you guys?

Offline MacDaddyMike

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 03:44:06 AM
That story pitch seems familiar somehow.

Mega Man Unlimited - Playthrough, Review and Criticism
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxNyTfF87xMRmb6jqKKTAmOrElKZkv3om

Offline Irregular Ass-R-Us

• Dedicated Pompous Gimpy Douchebag With A Burning Passion! (◥▶◀◤).
  • Robot Master
  • Ultra Super Godly Royal [Top Spin]. (◥▶◀◤)
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 12:48:52 PM
Yep it was your idea because i thought your idea of the story was really good so i wanted to make the story like that.

Posted on: August 29, 2013, 12:43:54
I am going to ask the pm to delete this topic so don't post because it will be in vain. I will make a fangame with a demo and show it later.

Offline thefallenalchemist

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 07:02:46 PM
Saw this up for awhile, but didn't really understand what was going on. From what I can tell, the OP was making a fangame based upon the idea of another poster here, who apparently is also working on another game.

Is MacDaddyMike working on a fan game of this nature?

My personal feeling is this: I'm a writer. I've mentioned it several times before. If anyone made anything based or loosely based upon my work, and did it justice - I would be more than happy with the adaptation. True, a person should at least get the permission of the writer before making a visual adaptation of his/her work; but if the end result is a fully realized product that allows my work to shine and does not deviate too much from the original plot, not to mention the fact that I wouldn't have to lift a finger - I would be definitely okay with it. I don't know all that much about the OP, nor do I know his programming knowledge; (it seems a little over-ambitious to me to be honest) but if the guy managed to pull it off, that's another story.

Hell, if someone wanted to make a game based around my books; I would more than welcome it. As long as I get "Original Story By Book Author & Game Dev" in the credits, then I'm fine. What he's doing is the same thing as a film adaptation, but you are supposed to get the writer's permission first. Of course, this doesn't always happen. The guy who created Thanos sat down to watch the Avengers film, and noticed his character in the film without even having been notified that his character was going to be in the film. He was a bit flattered by it, but admits that he wished he'd known earlier. Keep in mind that as far as literature goes, Fifty Shades Of Grey was made from Twilight fanfiction, and The Mortal Instruments was made from Harry Potter fanfiction. Slight details were changed, so the books would not infringe copyrights.

Lastly, don't advertise your fan game stories until you have them at the level of a playable demo w/ trailer. Someone can (and apparently will) take your idea and use it to make their own game. Just as you've used professional ideas to make your own. It's still creative commons, as long as nothing is being sold. Dickish, sure; but that's how the world works these days. Keep your ideas to yourself and your dev team only. And that's all I've got to say about this issue.

Offline MacDaddyMike

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 05:58:57 PM
No fan game, I just posted a pitch in one of the topics about the story of the X series here, and he posted this topic maybe a couple days later.

The ending of X8 seemed to suggest that, if it came to the day when there would be no use for reploids, Zero would not go quietly.  I think there's a lot of potential to make a really deep, character-driven story here, where perhaps the world's government or whatever's left on Earth decides to take in all old-era reploids and decommission them, and X actually fights for the side of the humans.  X is tired of fighting, tired of war, and just wants his "duty" to be over, so he's accepted his fate and is willing to be decommissioned himself, but Zero starts a rebellion against the humans (with a group of reploids also deemed "Mavericks") and X is sent to take them down.  After all the build-up of how X is talking about how he'll have to kill Zero one day, I'd love for it to be because of a philosophical disagreement, and not because Zero gets "infected" or some stupid [parasitic bomb] like that.  There's actually a lot of thematic depth here about free will, right to life, a child's responsibility to his parents', etc. all of which make for a great classic science fiction story.  I think it'd be a great way for the series to go out, personally, though I'm not sure which ending I'd like most: one where X dies, or one where he lives.

I certainly got annoyed that he specifically said "Here are my ideas", and then proceeded to post an idea that wasn't his in the slightest, but I'd be more than happy if even Capcom made a game with this level of narrative depth.

Mega Man Unlimited - Playthrough, Review and Criticism
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxNyTfF87xMRmb6jqKKTAmOrElKZkv3om

Offline thefallenalchemist

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 03:08:15 AM
Alright, I understand now.