Reply #1725 on: June 16, 2013, 09:28:37 AM
(I couldn't resist. 8D)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1726 on: June 16, 2013, 01:10:56 PM
When Dr. Wily II finally sees the Alakazam, he can't believe his eyes. The tubes... The cables... The total malformed shape that was an Alakazam. All his doing. Dr. Wily II looked away, and back towards Jonas.

"Looks like everything is in place... G-G-Good job in maintaining it in tip top condition..."

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1727 on: June 17, 2013, 01:29:29 AM
"Yeah, it's a bit of a shocker," Jonas nodded slowly. "I admit, I was a bit taken when I first saw it.  I mean, I've done these types of experiments before, mainly in college, but they were on Ratatas, and they weren't anything to this extent.  Just deep brain stimulation, mostly.  We also had one project where we attempted to restore sight, but this level of neuroscience?  Yeah, it got to me at first."

Eddie nodded from his desk.  "Gives me the creeps, really."

There was a hiss as the door to the main lab opened, Dr. Yeung stepping in, clad similarly to everyone else.  The only difference in his attire was the shade of his coveralls, which was a light blue, as oppose to white.  He nodded to Wily and Ahrzayl.  "So, Giovanni wants us to get started right away, so since you've already examined Mewtwo, we can proceed to some imaging."  He pulled up a chair and sat down.  "I don't know how easily startled it is, but from what I've been told, it can be aggressive, so we'll take this slowly, so as not to aggrivate it too much.  An MRI would be too much too soon, as the machine is noisy, so a CT scan will suffice."

"Much quicker, too," Jonas nodded.  "All we'd need to do is inject a contrast dye, and Mewtwo would need to remain still for only a few minutes.  Then, it can be returned to its pen."

Yeung nodded to Wily. "You think you'd be able to get it to cooperate for that long, or would you prefer it be sedated?  It would be best if it was awake, so we can obtain better scans.  A sleep study would come later."

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1728 on: June 17, 2013, 01:43:11 PM
"I... Have my ways. Not to worry." Dr. Wily II took off his glasses and rubbed them against his rubber gloves. A CT scan... Not good. Not good at all... Once they did that, they'll have a basic brain map of Mewtwo... To do whatever they want...

"I guess I'll be on my way then, to get Mewtwo ready. Thank you all for the orientation." Dr. Wily II bowed, and began to make his way out.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1729 on: June 18, 2013, 06:09:39 AM
Dr. Yeung stood and bowed as well.  "We look forward to working with you."

Down the hall, curled up in a corner of the chamber, Mewtwo glanced up.  Though the observation window was still a one-way mirror, at least on his side, he could sense someone behind it, watching him.  Most likely Giovanni, or perhaps Domino.  Perhaps even a posted guard.  He was well aware of the type of security that Giovanni would have on him.  In some way, someone would always be watching him, either in person, or through a video feed, which he learned when the door was armed, giving him a shock.  It was a mild shock, but it surprised him and made for a sufficient deterrent.

At least for the time being.  That door was his only way out and he needed to study it.  He needed to read the psychic imprints on it, determine the structure of the locking mechanisms from tracing those imprints to their source and accessing the source's memories, and finally unlock the door.  First, he needed someone to touch the door, the interior side.  And they need to touch it with their bare hands.

Mewtwo snorted and stood, making his way to where Ahrzayl had put his food and drink.  He crouched down and took a long swallow of water, before snapping his gaze to the observation window.  There was that presence again!  He could sense it, but could not see it.  Nevertheless, someone was watching him very closely.

Offline Ahrzayl

• Crisis Strawberry
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Super Psycho Sweety
    • View Profile
Reply #1730 on: June 18, 2013, 06:44:52 AM
Ahrzayl's eyes were swirls. She was lost in the technical poop the scientists were spitting out of their mouthes. This...was just not her cup of tea. Especially the sight of the Alakazam or what was left of one anyway. She tried to keep listening to their babble while trying to to feel too dizzy.

In Mewtwo's chamber...

His head snapped in the direction he was being observed from. Did he notice her already? To test a theory, observation steadily took place in a different corner. Should I help him? I've seen what they do to their "pets" down here.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1731 on: June 18, 2013, 06:55:33 AM
Mewtwo glanced at another location.  There was someone out there.  He moved to the window and tried to peer out of it, hands cupped around his eyes to darken the glass.  Barely, he could see the darkened hallway outside, but he could not discern anything.  Swiveling his ear and leaning it against the window, he listened intently.  Though, muffled and barely detectable, he could hear footsteps.  Backing away from the observation window, he resumed his inspection of the door.  There was no handle on it, as obviously it was only accessible from the other side.  He got down on his stomach and sniffed at the bottom of the door.  Not even a trace of airflow from beneath it.

Getting to a crouch, Mewtwo looked around the chamber once more.  The chamber was sealed quite well, so he surmised that the atmosphere was pumped in through the ventilation shafts.  And that odd smell... he could not quite determine what it was.  It was pungent, but it had a distinct chemical smell.  Whatever it was, it was a constant odor, so it must be trace elements of something that was being fed into the air supply.  Possibly a gaseous sedative? 

Mewtwo shrugged and attributed it as the source of his apparent apathy to his current situation.  Again, he felt eyes on him and snapped his gaze to the direction of the feeling.  Whoever was out there was certainly fixated on him.

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
  • It's tough being an avatar when you're so restless
    • View Profile
Reply #1732 on: June 18, 2013, 07:14:38 AM
(I think it's time to check up on the other half of the split story, don't you? 8D Not that I'm being inconsiderate towards anyone's feelings IRL, but I think enough time has passed to imply another time skip be in order, right? '>.>)

It didn't take long before the group returns to the Pokemon Center.  After unhinging Genbu from the Escape Rope and allowing him to tuck his wings under his shell once again, Hierophant checks his magical energy before pointing his staff towards him.

"Mini!"

The orb glows before shooting off towards the averagely large Torterra and shrinking him back to his Turtwig size.  At the same time, Ryo, Posu and Nega popped out of the magical duffel bag, each holding and munching on a different kind of fruit that had been stored in its secretly endless interior.

Synthis bounds over to the bag, poking his head inside and pushing the flap around a few times before pulling it back out with an apple in his mouth.  He walks over to Genbu, places the apple on the ground and uses his tail to slice it in half, allowing both to chomp on their chosen halves.

MAKE WAY FOR HAJIME'S DRAGON DELIVERY EXPRESS!!! 8D

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1733 on: June 18, 2013, 07:19:00 AM
"Finally we're back, let's check on Quickie!" Sakura said as she got off.

(Yeah sorry I was a bit busy. -u-')

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1734 on: June 18, 2013, 07:22:48 AM
Quickie was sitting on a bench in the Pokemon Center, a Meowth on her lap and a Flareon curled up at her feet.  She seemed to be in a better mood, though still concerned.  She glanced up as the group entered.  "Long time, no see.  I made some new friends.  This is Mabel," she indicated the scraggly Meowth, "and this is Phoenix," she pointed to the Flareon.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1735 on: June 18, 2013, 07:24:47 AM
"Whoa a Meowth and a Flareon, you were busy!" Sakura exclaimed.

"Indeed, I'm surprised you obtained some Pokemon in a short amount if time." Xuangzang stated.

Offline Ahrzayl

• Crisis Strawberry
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Super Psycho Sweety
    • View Profile
Reply #1736 on: June 18, 2013, 07:26:09 AM
Mewtwo glanced at another location.  There was someone out there.  He moved to the window and tried to peer out of it, hands cupped around his eyes to darken the glass.  Barely, he could see the darkened hallway outside, but he could not discern anything.  Swiveling his ear and leaning it against the window, he listened intently.  Though, muffled and barely detectable, he could hear footsteps.  Backing away from the observation window, he resumed his inspection of the door.  There was no handle on it, as obviously it was only accessible from the other side.  He got down on his stomach and sniffed at the bottom of the door.  Not even a trace of airflow from beneath it.

Getting to a crouch, Mewtwo looked around the chamber once more.  The chamber was sealed quite well, so he surmised that the atmosphere was pumped in through the ventilation shafts.  And that odd smell... he could not quite determine what it was.  It was pungent, but it had a distinct chemical smell.  Whatever it was, it was a constant odor, so it must be trace elements of something that was being fed into the air supply.  Possibly a gaseous sedative? 

Mewtwo shrugged and attributed it as the source of his apparent apathy to his current situation.  Again, he felt eyes on him and snapped his gaze to the direction of the feeling.  Whoever was out there was certainly fixated on him.

Perhaps it was time to redeem some of the wrong deeds xommited over the years. Though the pokemon was looking in the general direction, action needed to be taken quickly. Exerting maximum speed, catching Mewtwo off guard was achieved, placing a hand on his shoulders. Before could react, communication was linked by psychic waves.
Mewtwo, it is I, Froslynn or more recognizably, the Froslass you've seen with the pink haired girl. You may or may not trust my words but I have decided to help you if you so choose. I've seen through their past projects what they plan to do to you. If you do not want that fate bestowed upon you against your will, then allow me to see you out of this place. There is not much time left.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 07:27:45 AM by Quickman »

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1737 on: June 18, 2013, 07:32:30 AM
Quickie was sitting on a bench in the Pokemon Center, a Meowth on her lap and a Flareon curled up at her feet.  She seemed to be in a better mood, though still concerned.  She glanced up as the group entered.  "Long time, no see.  I made some new friends.  This is Mabel," she indicated the scraggly Meowth, "and this is Phoenix," she pointed to the Flareon.

Ryo, Posu and Nega stood a close, but reasonable distance from Quickie to get a closer look at the Meowth, the Plusle and Minun admiring the shiny coin-like charm on her forehead while Ryo admires the energy rippling from her aura.  Synthis approaches the Flareon, keeping a mutual distance so as not to startle or bother her as he observes her presence.

Hierophant entered a few seconds after the Pokemon group, the mini Genbu following close beside him as he looks between the newcomer Pokemon, wondering who to greet first.

"Where'd you find those Pokemon, if you don't mind me asking," Hierophant asks curiously.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1738 on: June 18, 2013, 07:38:47 AM
"Mabel's a stray," Quickie nodded, petting the Meowth, "She just sort of chose me.  I was out walking when she came out of an alley.  Guess she knew something was wrong and wanted to help.  Now, Phoenix came from PB," she reached down to scratch the Flareon behind the ear. "Karen also had a few stones with her, but their Pokemon, well, mated.  So, I got the pup."  She glanced up.  "We're going to need all the help we can get if we're busting Mewtwo outta Team Rocket's base."  Her gaze darkened.  "They also torched my business.  I want revenge."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1739 on: June 18, 2013, 07:41:09 AM
"As man I guess Slade wasn't fast enough." Sakura sighed.

"Let's hope at least Trigon made it to your home in time." Xuangzang stated.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1740 on: June 18, 2013, 08:18:51 AM
"I only heard about the restaurant on the news, when I met Mabel," Quickie pet the purring Meowth.  She sighed, as the realization that her business was gone finally started to sink in.  "I can rebuild... I'll find another job.  We'll have to move, though.  Can't stay in Saffron if Team Rocket knows where we live..."

Perhaps it was time to redeem some of the wrong deeds commited over the years. Though the pokemon was looking in the general direction, action needed to be taken quickly. Exerting maximum speed, catching Mewtwo off guard was achieved, placing a hand on his shoulders. Before could react, communication was linked by psychic waves.
Mewtwo, it is I, Froslynn or more recognizably, the Froslass you've seen with the pink haired girl. You may or may not trust my words but I have decided to help you if you so choose. I've seen through their past projects what they plan to do to you. If you do not want that fate bestowed upon you against your will, then allow me to see you out of this place. There is not much time left.

Mewtwo practically leapt backwards with a strangled yelp, as the psychic connection was made much faster than he could have ever anticipated.  Quickly, he regained his composure and isolated his telepathy to speak directly with this Froslynn, in case the chamber had any means of detecting his communication. "I was unable to override the locks on the door, however, if you know of an exit, I will follow you."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1741 on: June 18, 2013, 08:20:59 AM
"That's true, it seems like they actually had a base of operations there, though they can be anywhere." Sakura pondered.

"In any case what is our next objective?" Xuangzang asked.

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1742 on: June 18, 2013, 09:14:58 AM
Hierophant listened into the grim situation befalling Quickie's fate.  He was no stranger to the devious cruelty Team Rocket has caused for the sole sake of getting what they want, though his previous encounter with their oddly dressed trio felt more like an unnecessary game of tug-o-war that almost resulted in the source of his magical powers being stolen and exposed to the rest of the Team Rocket faction.

He quietly rubs the card sticking out of his back as though he were checking to make sure it was still there, pondering whether he should continue helping them despite the possibility of his secret being revealed and used to their advantage.  So far, only the oddly dressed Team Rocket members were aware of his secret and were just as eager to rip it out of his hands as their odd obsession with a particular Pikachu, and considering what he sensed during their first encounter, they haven't exactly been on highly authorized terms with the rest of the faction.  And with the rest of the Pokemon eager to help whoever they encounter, he feels he shouldn't put his personal frets before everyone else's problems.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1743 on: June 18, 2013, 10:21:22 AM
"Our next objective?" Quickie's eyes narrowed.  "We find out where those bastards took Mewtwo."

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #1744 on: June 18, 2013, 03:00:31 PM
Pyro, meanwhile, was outside the Pokecenter sketching an image of a mountain in the dirt.

"She'll be coming 'round the mountain when she comes," he sang.

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1745 on: June 18, 2013, 04:28:54 PM
As Dr. Wily II exited the labs to be decontaminated, he just can't help but feel uneasiness. Things are going faster than he expected, and if he doesn't do something, Mewtwo will become another guinea pig. But what can he do!? Shaking his head as he removed his gear, and throwing them into a nearby hazard wastebin. He needed to see Mewtwo. Turning back to see Ahrzayl doing the same, he motioned her to quicken her pace.

"Come on Ahrzayl, I guess it's time for you to meet Mewtwo." With that, with quickened steps, Dr. Wily II made his way towards Mewtwo's cell.

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #1746 on: June 18, 2013, 04:36:15 PM
(Just for reference, is the lab where Team Rocket is holding Mewtwo in or located near a mountain? It would be funny if Sapph's group were in the vicinity. :P)

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1747 on: June 18, 2013, 04:38:59 PM
(It is on a mountain I believe and Giratina is somewhere there since he followed them from the Reverse World.)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1748 on: June 18, 2013, 04:41:36 PM
(It's in a mountain that's in a mountain range, I don't even know where it is. XD)

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1749 on: June 18, 2013, 09:57:02 PM
"Our next objective?" Quickie's eyes narrowed.  "We find out where those bastards took Mewtwo."

Hierophant was about to contemplate any possibilities only to be distracted by the sound of scratching dirt.  Looking outside the Pokemon Center, he noticed Pyro joyfully running a stuck along the dirt path, forming some kind of mountain.

"Maybe...a mountain...?"

It was a crazy idea thinking aloud, considering they may have already known that, but were unsure which mountain Team Rocket would have stashed Mewtwo on.