Alternate Routes for X series

Waifu · 11355

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
on: March 18, 2009, 07:01:12 AM
A thought came into my concerning the X series and the routes it could have taken. I played X5 recently and saw the different endings for the game but I realized it could just have easily taken another route as early X1. There are many different routes and possibilties the X series could have taken for example Zero could have just stayed dead or Sigma could have been defeated once and for all been with the anti virus in X3 or one of the endings in X5 where X could have trained the new hunters. I don't what could have happened if they had taken that route, I could write in an article or fanfic and I had seen some fansite where they construct an RPG connecting with the Legends series but the point is what if the X series storyline had taken an alternate route?

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 07:07:57 AM
Then Axl could've been a Magic User.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 08:43:42 AM
Aw man, I remember reading a big article on someone's website that was like "How I would have made the X series go" or something like that, but it was a reeeeeeeally long time ago, so I don't remember enough from the site to find it again, and it's probably gone anyway.  I think it was basically saying the story should have been more like X-Men.

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 09:02:28 AM
I'm LOL'ing my head off, but I don't think I'm even going to ask. :P

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 09:05:29 AM
I'm LOL'ing my head off, but I don't think I'm even going to ask. :P

Haha, I see you missed out on this, DZ!  XD

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 01:01:18 PM
Yeah, Axl could've been some sort of crazy new reploid who uses this strange power that was once fought over and Sigma is also planning on harvesting this power, so now you go across the world and defeat 8 mavericks who hold the key to this new power, only Sigma totally upstages you and all of a sudden the face of the very planet is changed and now you've gotta climb Sigma Tower to get to his final form!

Its not at all like Final Fantasy VI because Axl isn't a girl.

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 06:13:29 PM

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: March 18, 2009, 08:08:06 PM
what if the X series storyline had taken an alternate route?

in all honesty, it probably would've sucked.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 02:52:47 AM
Yeah, Axl could've been some sort of crazy new reploid who uses this strange power that was once fought over and Sigma is also planning on harvesting this power, so now you go across the world and defeat 8 mavericks who hold the key to this new power, only Sigma totally upstages you and all of a sudden the face of the very planet is changed and now you've gotta climb Sigma Tower to get to his final form!

Its not at all like Final Fantasy VI because Axl isn't a girl.
Had to post it.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: March 19, 2009, 07:26:06 AM
In all honesty, any improvement to X6's storyline would be a great welcome. They start the game with "Oh my god, Zello?! Not Zello?!" and then you only run into him if you go out of your way to find the bastard and he's not at all relevant to the story any longer, which was seriously lame.

Offline Sniper X

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: March 19, 2009, 02:59:36 PM
Had to post it.

I thought I want to draw that pose before I knew how to draw, but it was taken. :\

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #11 on: March 21, 2009, 04:02:48 AM
Nearly every X-series game has some manner of fork in its events.  But said forks usually tie back into a common ending, X5 and X6 are unusual for the fact that they feature alternate endings.

Then there's the old question of what the hell happened during X4.  The game presents it as either X or Zero handling things solo.  The two storylines cannot co-exist as presented, and yet sequels insist that's exactly how it should be, leaving the fans to guess at how everything is supposed to tie in (I still think it'd be awesome if one day a sequel showed X being the one to kill Colonel, but that's just me).

and he's not at all relevant to the story any longer
I don't know what the hell game you were playing.  Zero vs. High Max was the most epic non-animated cutscene ever.

Story isn't exactly the highlight of the X series, but X6 was among the deeper ones.  People just tend to underestimate it because of the lousy localization; they lose the will to even bother trying to follow along.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: March 21, 2009, 07:21:53 PM
Story isn't exactly the highlight of the X series, but X6 was among the deeper ones.  People just tend to underestimate it because of the lousy localization; they lose the will to even bother trying to follow along.

I thought most people hated X6's plot because of that "LOL X5 IS THE LAST X GAEM" thing from back in the day

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: March 21, 2009, 07:59:39 PM
Well, there's that too.

Because we ALL know that killing the costar in a generic boss explosion, while completely ignoring proximity, is the most epic thing the game-creators could possibly do. :|

(would somebody please turn off that damn highly annoyable filter already?)

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: March 21, 2009, 08:17:35 PM
(would somebody please turn off that damn highly annoyable filter already?)

The power is YOURS!

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: March 21, 2009, 08:21:10 PM
But I like the other filters.... :'(

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: March 22, 2009, 01:32:00 AM
Yeah, all the others filters are epic. The one on epic is just plain lame.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: March 22, 2009, 01:36:34 AM
The filters are easily avoidable, if you don't like it, use another word.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: March 22, 2009, 01:42:34 AM
The filters are easily avoidable, if you don't like it, use another word.

A synonym for epic is?

In all honesty, any improvement to X6's storyline would be a great welcome. They start the game with "Oh my god, Zello?! Not Zello?!" and then you only run into him if you go out of your way to find the bastard and he's not at all relevant to the story any longer, which was seriously lame.

The entire plotline was about using Zero's DNA to create new beings. The ZERO Nightmare is just one asset of the plan, it was created to draw out the original and serves to show how far Gate's analysis has proceeded. It's the introduction to Gate's entire plan and has the purpose of unlocking Zero.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: March 22, 2009, 01:47:16 AM
Better question: Why do you people use that word so much? Everything's epic epic epic epic epic epic. Rendering that term completely meaningless.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: March 22, 2009, 02:07:42 AM
ep⋅ic
   /ˈɛpɪk/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ep-ik]
–adjective Also, ep⋅i⋅cal.
1.    noting or pertaining to a long poetic composition, usually centered upon a hero, in which a series of great achievements or events is narrated in elevated style: Homer's Iliad is an epic poem.
2.    resembling or suggesting such poetry: an epic novel on the founding of the country.
3.    heroic; majestic; impressively great: the epic events of the war.
4.    of unusually great size or extent: a crime wave of epic proportions.

Right now we're talking about the dramatic death of a hero, why the [tornado fang] do you think we're using the word?

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: March 22, 2009, 02:15:09 AM
I was referring to the horribly abuse of the word, which was the reason the filter was put in the first place. If you want to read your favored 'epic' just turn the filter off.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: March 22, 2009, 02:17:59 AM
The only problem with turning off the filter is that you have no idea what words are going to be filtered for other people who haven't turned it off.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: March 22, 2009, 02:21:33 AM
There's only one way to find out.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: March 22, 2009, 04:16:25 AM
X cant be the one to kill Colonel, snce Colonel is very important to Zero's character development. without Zero having killed Colonel, then there would be no mad with grief Iris that forces Zero to Kill her thus altering his personality very drastically over time. X fights Double, and the way I see it, General as well. Zero gets Sigma.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.