Well said... Well said.

Flame · 15065

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
on: May 03, 2009, 12:51:43 AM
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/256031/young_tv_viewers_do_we_censor_our_kids.html?cat=25

I agree 100%  I grew up with shows that while they were viewer friendly, still had some dark and or vulgar content. nowadays, its all sickening. it makes the brain rot. it makes ME sick.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 01:03:25 AM
Yep, and censoring keeps children from knowing what certain things are and how to deal with them.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 01:05:44 AM
Oh [tornado fang] yes. Looney Tunes even said "[Bumpity-Boom!]" and got away with it, now with the more friendly crap, it's turning kids gay, Spongebob is a great example, he just looks gay. I can't stand him.

It's like keeping kids away from video games. Only far worse.

One last thing, they will never learn any morals if this keeps up. Remember "Diary of a Wimpy Kid"? If this keeps up, America will be full of wimps!

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 01:39:00 AM
remember how many ways Batman the animated series came up with to destroy Scarface? they could make a 101 ways book out of it. and the deaths kept getting more and more gruesome. in fact, the producers vented their darker impulses into scarface's deaths. (since he wasnt a living being, they were more free to do what they wanted with him.)

Posted on: May 02, 2009, 07:34:54 PM
btw, remember how I said I once emaled 4kids an inquired bout their [parasitic bomb]? found the email.
hey guys. Ive got a question thats been sitting with me for a while now after watching some of the shows youve licenced. (Yugioh, winx etc.) and, dont take this the wrong way, its just my curiosity; But, why is it exactly that you guys always seem to get rid of the original music in your shows and replace it with your "4kids music pack"? I mean, Im sorry, but I cant help but notice that all of the shows you licence have the same music, and when watching the originals online, I find that they have different, often better, soundtracks. now, I understand the removal of things such as opening and ending songs, as those are sometimes in other languages and I can see why those are removed as you guys like to aim things such as teenager animes at a younger audience that could potentially be confused and such by that, but... why do you guys remove in-show soundtracks? music without any sort of lyrics at all?
Ive been podering it for a while. because honestly, reusing the same 4kids soundtrack over and over again in different shows gets repetitive, and in most cases, makes all the shows just uninteresting. this is in regards to 4kids tv, as practically all the shows on it have the same soundtrack.
also, on a side note, whatever hapened to the Uncut Yugioh Dvds? why dont you guys do those anymore? its sad, being as the majority of the Anime fanbase, is actually teenagers, who are more interested in seeing uncut, unedited, and uncensored anime episodes, with their plots and such the way they should be.
so yeah... those are my two questions for you guys.
thanks for your time.

Thanks for your interest in 4Kids and our shows. The music question you
answered in your email below. We don't have info on your second question.

Best,

The 4Kids.tv Webmaster
http://www.4Kids.tv

well the part about ops. and ends. I understood, but the soundtracks in the show itself, during regular episodes, dont have lyrics. just music. why do those get replaced too?
also, no info? aww... thats too bad... :(

I never got a reply to the last quote.
lol 4shits.
also, notice that they basically didnt answer a single thing.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 02:26:04 AM
This shows how stupid kid-friendly are getting and trying to bring teen-oriented anime, into the states for kids, but smart move letting someone else dub Pokemon... if you guys ever did.. but then, what about ViZ media?

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 02:27:41 AM
Oh [tornado fang] yes. Looney Tunes even said "[Bumpity-Boom!]" and got away with it, now with the more friendly crap, it's turning kids gay, Spongebob is a great example, he just looks gay. I can't stand him.

TOTALLY NOT REPRESSING ANY HIDDEN HOMOSEXUAL DESIRES HERE, GUYS! I HATE GAY THINGS A WHOLE LOT, YEAH! TOTALLY!

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 02:29:19 AM
Chill, what were you smoking?

I hate Spongebob and his design, he doesn't actually look like a sea sponge at all, he.. just looks like a cleaning sponge.. Plus I was mocking Nick at the same time.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 02:38:08 AM
calm yourself Buffalo... i dont want this thead locked.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 02:40:56 AM
funfact: the original lyrics to the sesame street themesong had the word [shadow runner] in it.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #9 on: May 03, 2009, 02:43:24 AM
funfact: the original lyrics to the sesame street themesong had the word [shadow runner] in it.

Do Tell.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: May 03, 2009, 03:02:40 AM
I never got a reply to the last quote.
lol 4shits.
also, notice that they basically didnt answer a single thing.

Of course they don't, they care about money and avoiding lawsuits, and companies are masters of "Saying anything but meaning nothing".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmcdBnj4ZOg

Is it right near the end, within like the very last second? That's the only occurrence I heard something inaudible and in the background (or am I deaf and it was right in the middle or something?)

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #12 on: May 03, 2009, 03:05:37 AM
It's at the end, just listen to the letter "N" when they get to that part. And I'm suprised that educational shows like sesame street allowed that back then, but the address was diffrent before it became 123, lol.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: May 03, 2009, 05:20:06 AM
the part where the black lady is putting clothes on a clothesline in front of a white house.
also, lol wow.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: May 03, 2009, 06:49:26 AM

Do you know I came up with the original idea for Sesame Street?  I was gonna call it N.W.P.  NIGGAS WITH PUPPETS!

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: May 03, 2009, 07:25:53 AM
the part where the black lady is putting clothes on a clothesline in front of a white house.
also, lol wow.

I assume you're talking about when the occurrence of the 'n' word pops up, right?

I raised the volume up and it says "Friendly neighbors". I repeated that part several times, trying to pin point it, but unless it was way in the background, I didn't hear it.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: May 03, 2009, 07:27:10 AM
Oddly, it seems that today's children and teens are more prone toward violence, not less.

fukken this.

he doesn't actually look like a sea sponge at all, he.. just looks like a cleaning sponge..

that's the point! he's not supposed to look like a sea sponge. it's funny that he looks that way.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Kit

• #1 wizard of disappearing
  • Master's Unit
  • hue
    • View Profile
    • Art stuff
Reply #17 on: May 04, 2009, 04:35:43 PM
teen-oriented anime

Do you guys know why I'm not big into anime? Simple. Because of the pocky-eating, ramune-drinking, ramen-eating Narutards (no offense to anyone I hope; they wear the headbands to school. HIGH SCHOOL.) that have to worship the next damn so-called "awesome" animes that come out like the new pokemon or yugioh, and I'm sorry but I tried to watch Bleach and I really don't see how awesome it is. I used to read manga but that was ruined when I watched the anime to it. It seems like every anime I watch that has a manga to it is different, and they all involve having to power up to the next level etc etc. Not very engaging.

A message to the kids at my school: you want good? Try some uncut Cowboy Bebop, and maybe some Trigun. And maybe some Elfen Lied! And the one with the angels where if you take off their halos they have horrible diarrhea! Try something different! I'm not blaming them for making me hate it, they didn't, I'm just not interested like I think I should be. I mean, hell, it's sort of my drawing style!

they dont think it be like it is but it do

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: May 04, 2009, 04:41:14 PM
A message to the kids at my school: you want good? Try some uncut Cowboy Bebop, and maybe some Trigun. And maybe some Elfen Lied! And the one with the angels where if you take off their halos they have horrible diarrhea! Try something different! I'm not blaming them for making me hate it, they didn't, I'm just not interested like I think I should be. I mean, hell, it's sort of my drawing style!

PB 200% approves of this post!  8)

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #19 on: May 04, 2009, 04:43:57 PM

I love you so much, Kit! O^O

The halo one is Dokuro-chan, by the way. >U<

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: May 04, 2009, 04:46:13 PM

Respect +100

Offline Kit

• #1 wizard of disappearing
  • Master's Unit
  • hue
    • View Profile
    • Art stuff
Reply #21 on: May 04, 2009, 04:56:34 PM
I love you so much, Kit! O^O

The halo one is Dokuro-chan, by the way. >U<

Yes! it's amazing!

Also, thanks Kyouya. I just though I'd let you guys know I don't hate anime so you guys wouldn't mob me lol.

they dont think it be like it is but it do

Offline CephiYumi

• Kick the door, hit the floor, magical words (groovy!)
  • RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: May 04, 2009, 05:33:28 PM
I d-dunno, I guess I think people should be allowed to like what they want m-maybe o.o;

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: May 04, 2009, 05:36:03 PM
I d-dunno, I guess I think people should be allowed to like what they want m-maybe o.o;

Absolutely they should!  No one should tell you what you can and can't like!

Well...except for the movie Catwoman...

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: May 04, 2009, 05:42:54 PM
Trust me, I can understand where you're coming from, Kitty. You need to try some non-standard anime, like Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu, 5 Centimeters Per Second, Appleseed, Black Lagoon, Doujin Work, Escaflowne, FLCL... That's only part of the non-standard shounen/fighter/hotblooded stuff you can find out there.

Of course, watching Gurren Lagann is a requirement to be here though.

Well...except for the movie Catwoman...
Eurgh.