MM Fanprojects

Acid · 418975

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #275 on: January 09, 2009, 08:10:01 AM
Music's ok, though a bit more 8-bit would be nice...
Intro-wise... Wily's NOT the cause? For real? 8D
And nice severed Mega Buster...

As for the stage, it would be better if we could see the mines and the hopper better.
Though I do love that Tank Man... owo

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #276 on: January 10, 2009, 05:02:15 AM
Wish I was better with Game Creator programming, then I could actually make my damn game -_-; (unless some kind programmer wants to help)

It was pretty interesting for the most part (MM10 video). I liked the stage select music a lot, but everything else was sub-par. kudos though, for the cutscene animations, even if they are amateur-ish, they weren't too bad considering the person who made it isn't using official artwork and stuff. The weapon seems to be kind of broken though (two shots and one arc? all causing explosions? XD). If it were an actual fan game, then a couple suggestions would be make the mines higher and more visible, nothing pisses off a gamer more than a deathtrap you can't see (and being right in front of you).

One COULD say it's a fangame, but at times the "playing" seemed abit too... Robotic, if you know what I mean (no puns intended). Granted, you see a brief second of the player killed by Tank Man, but it could just be a clever trick. I'm in the "it's animation" group. And a damn good one at that.

I get what you mean by robotic. The way Mega Man jumped and moved, I could see that something was odd about it. I don't think it's an animation, odds are it was a fade-in that was shorter than it should have been. Granted, I can see how it would 'trick' people, but at the same time, why bother when it's just a fan project? Either it was just a fan video to show off some skills, or it was a fan game recording, why trick people when it's not that big of a deal?

Offline Reg

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #277 on: January 10, 2009, 07:42:23 PM
MM10 fan game looks like it could use some work but I was still impressed. I dug the music too.

Aresian

Reply #278 on: January 11, 2009, 04:17:13 AM
But wouldn't being a fangame render any idea completely void? I mean it's OK as long as people remember it's fanmade, and don't take it for real.

Well yes, but I like even fan visions of a possible future aswell.

I also like alternates and stuff like that, so that's probably where it comes from. I don't mind accepting a fan ideal over whatever the original "could've" been. If they aren't gonna step up and do it for whatever reason, I'll settle with a fan idea if it's good enough.

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
    • N-Mario's Gaming Universe
Reply #279 on: January 20, 2009, 08:11:33 AM
New video of my Mega Man engine in progress. ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5Ko2ffVIzc

Just showing a little maze/looping screen trick thing, an update of the miniboss, and a couple of other rooms.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #280 on: January 20, 2009, 12:58:21 PM
The maze looping looks interesting, and that Met Daddy's great...
And what's not to like about...
SPIKED-FLOOR MAN! 8D

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #281 on: January 20, 2009, 02:18:57 PM
Just showing a little maze/looping screen trick thing, an update of the miniboss, and a couple of other rooms.
astroman's stage >~<;
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 03:23:45 AM by Night »

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #282 on: January 29, 2009, 08:17:19 AM
Hey I was just thinking about something regarding fan creations. Do you think we should have a topic about the different kind of game making software available to make rockman fan games? Besides game maker and clickteam's software (MMF), I'm sure there are more game programming software tools out there to make a good rockman game. ;)

I can list some of them, but I wasn't sure whether to keep a list here in this topic, or start a new thread for them. While I'm thinking not many users here would have the knowledge to use them, at least we would have a list of game development software to make rockman fan games. What do you think? ;)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #283 on: January 30, 2009, 01:38:14 AM
hmmm... why dont we post them here, and then update all of the ones that get posted  to the first post?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #284 on: January 30, 2009, 03:25:35 AM
Alright, here it goes.

WINDOWS
----------
Clickteam: Responsible for making the products such as Multimedia Fusion 2. These programs are for basic game creators that feature point, drag and drop system.
Simple, easy user interface system for beginners.
Does NOT have a script type programming system. Although LUA can be used.

Game Maker: Alternative to Multimedia Fusion in a sence.
Can use script type programming. Also has a good user point & click interface. Although seems a bit more advanced that MMF.
May support C++ programming, but I am not sure on this one.

Visual Basic: Based on windows programming by Microsoft. Uses VB.NET framework.

Blitz: Programming development software based on BASIC.
Offers multiple versions of Blitz for 3D game engines, or simple 2D game engines.

ENIGMA: Another game development software. Compatible with Mark Overmars' Game Maker Language. Supports C++ language.

Stencyl: Game creator system for all skill level users. However, they are most likely still in development with the software. You may want to look into it when its released.

Construct: An open source DirectX game programming engine.
It also has an easy drag and drop system, using an event-based programming system. Much like that of Clickteam's products.
Seems to focus mainly on games that are heavily focused on DirectX.

Python: A high-level, dynamic object-oriented programming language.

C++: A more advanced programming language. It is ALL code.
Not recommended for people starting game programming.
Can make windows applications, or DOS based applications.

MAC
----
(Can't think of any right now)

MISC
-----
Java: Derives much of its syntax from C and C++ programming languages.
Java applications can run on any Java virtual machine,  regardless of computer architecture.

Adobe Flash: Formally Macromedia Flash. Mainly used for making simple fan flash movies.
It also can make fan games, as long as the user has knowledge of flash programming.

MechaSource: Being developed by user MechaBowser. Claims to be the ultimate developing tool, possibly as an alternative to programming.
Still under construction. It is unknown if this is going to be public, or private to certain communities. But just thought I mention it.
MechaSource Topic can be viewed here

Scratch: A new programming language that can help create your own stories, games, animations and videos. Then share them on the web. It is designed to help young people develop their own creations. For ages 8 & up

For more information about these programming languages, check out Wikipedia. Google also helps. ;)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 06:04:55 AM by N-Mario »

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #285 on: January 30, 2009, 03:28:08 AM
Mmmmmmmm....my interests.....

Offline BaconMan

• Robot Master
  • Get Equipped With Bacon Slice
    • View Profile
Reply #286 on: February 03, 2009, 04:57:08 PM
Working on a GameMaker project, myself. It doesn't *exactly* follow the typical MM format, though the layout and most elements are rather similar. For example, the character select screen ~= a stage select.

So far, most specific influence has come from Endless Attack (MM9's and Rock5Easily's patches), Rock7FC (and the Rock8FC WIP), and "Wily Tower" of Wily Wars fame. The outcome I'd like to produce would be roughly equal to "the three, put together." But with level/room layouts from the entire series, to date; plus some customs. Maybe some minor tweaking/balancing in the gameplay/physics, too.

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #287 on: February 16, 2009, 05:42:09 PM
A man named MegaPhilX has made a Rockman 10!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5zhLzwGfsk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzgvSTA9fDo

Very impressive what he has done so far.

Offline Sapphire✧9

• ネビュラ★ブラック
  • Neo Arcadian
  • An Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #288 on: February 16, 2009, 05:59:25 PM
It is made with flash and photoshop -_- but if you congrats to his animation skills than your right.

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #289 on: February 16, 2009, 06:10:46 PM
It is made with flash and photoshop -_- but if you congrats to his animation skills than your right.
What? :o (Read the descriptions)
I thought it was for real a game.
So much effort and it has to appear that it was all the time only a animation....  >_<

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #290 on: February 17, 2009, 06:00:00 AM
I've tried talking with MegaPhilX into convincing him to work on a REAL MM10 game project. He would be responsible for providing the graphics and level designs. I told him I'd help with programming, using my MMF2 Mega Man engine. :)
 It won't be for a while, as I still want to polish the engine up a bit before I start on any major projects.  X(

Also, not to mention that any upcoming game creation/programming software such as Stencyl may be of good use when they finally come out. If their software does a better job than what I'm having to work with under MMF2, it may come to say as I stop with MMF2, and move the megaman engine over to Stencyl, or whatever new game programming software comes out. But that won't be for a while.

Offline lizardcommando

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Lizardcommando's Youtube Page
Reply #291 on: February 17, 2009, 05:41:49 PM
Call me extremely pessimistic, but I doubt we'll ever see that Stencyl program. Programs like that never see the light of day. These programs seem too good to be true and they have a tendency to stay in Developers' Limbo. Kinda like Duke Nukem Forever.

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #292 on: February 18, 2009, 05:55:58 AM

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #293 on: February 18, 2009, 06:07:53 AM
that was pretty cool. I liked Dark Rock. BTW, what would to happen if by happy coincidence, Dark Rock were to touch a spike while not damaged? (aka not flashing) also, lol, how is Megaman sliding over that spike under the door? 8D

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #294 on: February 18, 2009, 07:02:33 AM
Actually, "Mega Man?" (as referred from the PSP Mega Man Powered Up) is quite immune to Spikes.  So much for Dr. Wily overdoing his creations. [eyebrow]

Everything during a screen transition is temporary disabled. This includes door sections. So Mega Man is not effected by ANYTHING during a screen transition.
It's like how Mega Man can move/jump through a ceiling pillar during a screen transition in a section of Wood Man's stage in Mega Man 2.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #295 on: February 18, 2009, 03:54:16 PM
"Rockman?" surprised me. I love the sprites for him~ ^^

I felt the Clash Man music shooting was in a bad timing.
No offense, but I'm a very picky musician. >w<

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #296 on: February 18, 2009, 08:38:07 PM
Yea, don't think I was really 'trying'. I was just playing around. XD

I seem to do it better around the MM9 sound track for some reason. ;)

Here's the sprite sheet of dark megaman? for those interested. ;)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #297 on: February 18, 2009, 10:31:08 PM
wow, Hadouken AND Shoryuken?
So much for Dr. Wily overdoing his creations. [eyebrow]

^ that indeed!
man, I really want to make a game.  I should probably actually get to working with that Gamemaker I DL'd a while ago.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #298 on: February 20, 2009, 02:11:52 PM
lol Crash Man & dark Mega Man.  8D
That was awesome...
LOL at Crash Man, but Megaman? was just beautiful.
Great fight, and nice action. :3

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #299 on: February 24, 2009, 09:26:33 PM

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~