How do you make your own Mega Man title logo?

VirusChris · 4395

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
on: November 30, 2012, 03:52:51 AM
Wasn't exactly sure where to put this, but since it's a Mega Man-related thread I thought it would be OK to post it here but anyway I need help with something. You see I'm trying to make my own Mega Man title logo from scratch, except from using other titles and modifying it, but it's based on Mega Man X and its focused on the last versions of the series (X8) but I've been unable to find any tutorial on making it so I was wondering if everyone here knows or has some tips or materials to help me make it.

I'm making my Mega Man X title logo unique and special and it requires the "X" in the name because I plan to add something to it in the same exact font style of the title logo but it's been proving unproductive for me at this time. So does anyone know? I like to make is as professional-looking as I can get it.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 04:01:43 AM
Do what I do:  Get a bunch of logo references out and ready, then draw thumbnails.  Pick which design thumbnail you think if best and draw a mock-up.  Scan the mock-up and then finalize it.  It's all of three steps and is pretty much the same method as others use, with some minor differences here and there.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 04:05:51 AM
Do what I do:  Get a bunch of logo references out and ready, then draw thumbnails.  Pick which design thumbnail you think if best and draw a mock-up.  Scan the mock-up and then finalize it.  It's all of three steps and is pretty much the same method as others use, with some minor differences here and there.

Hmm... I suppose that's a better way of going on about it. Alright I'll do that! I already have what I want for the title logo to look like anyway but the references will help big time! Going to take some time to make it work though, with the little character silhouette next to or on the title.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 04:19:14 AM
If you're adding a silhouette, draw that as a separate element.  If you can draw each element separately, and then combine them in Photoshop, based on your layout mockup, then that would be the best way to go about it.

QuickEdit: Moved to Fan Creations, since it's talking about fan creations.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 04:28:22 AM
If you're adding a silhouette, draw that as a separate element.  If you can draw each element separately, and then combine them in Photoshop, based on your layout mockup, then that would be the best way to go about it.

QuickEdit: Moved to Fan Creations, since it's talking about fan creations.

Alright, thank you very much!