The Light Myth: Palutena's Mirror / Kid Icarus Thread

VixyNyan · 59606

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #225 on: May 26, 2012, 07:44:20 AM
Got any tips on beating all Chapters on Intensity 9?
Really, what Hypershell said. I used a Rose Staff with 6R/0M (V325) and has Overall defense +5, Health +3, and Speed +4. My close range shots do about 200 while my farthest range is 375. It is a great staff with a melee combo doing 50, so it has no real cons. Just one though is that the shot is "slow", so enemies like Gaol or the Great Sacred Treasure can avoid it due to their crazy speed.

I only got two more challenges in Hades' Treasure Hunt: Collect all Powers and Defeat Boss Battles at Hard. No more feathers, so that means I gotta start practicing timing all boss' shots. Even with my staff, some Bosses have some ridiculous amount of health and I can't take them down fast enough. Then I start gathering up damage. Then I know there is those hardnosed bosses like Pit's Body and Hades' Heart.

When was the last time I poked you guys...

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #226 on: May 26, 2012, 04:37:21 PM
Yeah, I'm already noticing Pit's Body and Hades's Heart being the complete hardasses on Normal.  I have no idea how in the blue hell I'd beat Boss Battles on Hard even with my Dark Pit Staff of sheer badassery, but then I still have four feathers to burn through, so we'll see.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #227 on: May 27, 2012, 06:40:39 AM
For completionist sake, I purposely didn't use the feathers on those two squares. The other challenges I could have done easily, but I also wanted to do Boos Battle on Hard by myself and I want to have obtained all Powers.

So I say...

[tornado fang] it is hard. Even with my staff, I can only make it to the Pheonix.  O:<

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #228 on: May 27, 2012, 06:53:53 AM
I used to think like that, then the "Clear 100 Man Brawl As Everyone" challenge in Smash Bros. filled me with regret...

And besides, Uprising still keeps track of whether or not you've cleared a "feathered" challenge.  It'll remove the feather icon obstructing the image if you do so, so you always retain the option to "clean up" your record.  Already did that with the "narrowly avoid" challenges that you had to enlighten me on, so that the only feathers still in my images are the local multiplayer ones.
(that said, I *DO* want to make it a point to collect all Powers, since that also impacts the portait image in the extras)

So I'll use the feathers when I am down to my last four challenges, and if in the future I'm still crazy enough to clear them all legitimately, so be it.

I'm on a roll with the challenges today.  Cleared Boss Battles on Normal, 220 kills in 9.0 in the Volcano, and 500,000 points with Dyntos.  Next on my attack list is 35,000 hearts in the Chaos Vortex.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #229 on: May 27, 2012, 08:46:43 AM
Oh, really... Guh. My only hope really now is to create a staff with Overall Defense +8. OD +5 isn't enough, but a OD +7 made a total change of how much I suffered. If I do it right, I'll be able to make one with a Hearts -X or a Melee Combo -X. That way the weapon can get another Property. Either way, I gotta just start practicing more. I can do the first 4 or 5 without taking much damage, but Pittoo always screws me over by being such a tiny target. I am seriously thinking of going with an orbitor in order to hit him.

It is nice to know that I can clear up the Treasure Hunt Pictures, but I think just "completing" it is enough for me. It's not like you unlock anything, anyways. As for the Chaos challenge, just beat the level on Intensity 9. Trust me, you get more than enough (got 42k) and you don't have to sacrifice your good weapon to get another weapon with Heart Bonus.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #230 on: May 27, 2012, 05:03:26 PM
Oh, I have a plenty good weapon with a Heart Bonus (two, actually, my Palutena Bow and my Magnus Club).  But the level is a bit of a [sonic slicer] to clear at high intensities, and definitely has one of the trickier air battles in the game.  I'm just trying to get by on 8 for now.

I actually don't concern myself much with the Overall Defense thing.  My Viridi Claws picked up stray point by chance, but after offensive power my next concern is generally Speed.  In particular, a Dark Pit Staff with an extra 3 or 4 running speed has no real weaknesses to speak of and is every bit as much a beast in mid-range combat as it is in sniping.

Main exception to that is Cannons.  Try as you might, they will never be fast, you don't really need to move a lot for a 6R/4M Twinbellows Cannon to be dangerous, anyway.  Even with only +3 Defense, nothing quite rains as much rapid-fire death.

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #231 on: June 01, 2012, 05:17:00 PM
Hyper, I suggest using the feather... I have been at this for about a week and I can't get past Hewdraw Reborn or Pittoo. I got a staff with no Overall Defense, but went for Evasion +3 instead. I get hit less often, but I still need to learn Hewdraw's attacks to time them right. I regret my decision, now.  ;O;

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #232 on: June 03, 2012, 05:51:38 AM
Curious.  The Power Portrait is completed, but the "Aquire All Powers" challenge isn't cleared.  Do they mean for you to collect every possible Level of every Power?  If so, I may have to feather that one after all...

Just cleared the 200 Together Mode challenge.  That leaves 8 challenges to go with 4 feathers to burn.  Next up I'm going to try and take the final battle on Intensity 9 in the hopes of getting a high score over 1 million.

"Thanks for playing!  Hades out!"

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #233 on: June 04, 2012, 03:03:22 AM
Hypershell, why do you set the timer so short? Each of the matches were like 1 minute long.

Just cleared the 200 Together Mode challenge.

Did the same thing yesterday.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #234 on: June 04, 2012, 03:06:11 AM
Because I was on the last stretch of the "Play Together Mode 200 Times" challenge when you joined me.

Oh well, was fun regardless. 8) You have one hell of an End All Arm.

Got my 1,000,000 points, and beat Hades's Heart on 9.0 with 150 kills.  So that just leaves Chapter 19 with a club on 9.0, Chapter 8 with no damage, and Chapter 18 with no damage.  If I can do two of those three, I can feather the rest off.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #235 on: June 04, 2012, 03:21:07 AM
Because I was on the last stretch of the "Play Together Mode 200 Times" challenge when you joined me.

Oh well, was fun regardless. 8) You have one hell of an End All Arm.

You certainly kept me on my toes all those matches. And were those AI's? They were pretty tricky.

Yeah, that's the weapon I usually choose when I want to dominate online. 8D

I'm currently working on finding a better palm that the Pudgey Palm I have set.

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #236 on: June 07, 2012, 06:32:11 AM
God donut, Hypershell! When are we going to have that match?

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #237 on: June 08, 2012, 04:18:55 AM
Hm, good question...  I tend to obsess mostly over the single-player mode.  I've got plenty of weapons I can rock online, though.

So, ALMOST cleared Hades's Treasure Hunt.  Cleared Chapters 8 and 18 with no damage, feathered off Boss Battle on Hard, All Powers (I DID complete the Power Portrait, but the challenge requires getting not only every power but every possible level), and Chapter 19 on 9.0 with a Club, but it turns out you can't feather your way through clearing all levels on Intensity 9.

Should have guessed, eh?  Well, 15 of the 25 levels are already done.  So I guess I'll be picking up my Magnus Club and clearing that last feather off of my image before I get to work on the rest with my Dark Pit Staff (man, Dyntos and Chaos Vortex are going to be a pain...).

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #238 on: June 09, 2012, 10:11:12 AM
Finally got back to playing this after neglecting it for so long.

Beat up to chapter 3, scraping by at just under 5.0 intensity for now.

Its real hard for me to keep focused on both the Touch Screen and movement, I almost died for the first time fighting the last part of Hedraw, though it didn't help that my stand was sliding away from me.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #240 on: July 11, 2012, 09:41:25 PM
Eh, it was just Project Sora, which was formed pretty much just for this anyways. Now that that team's working with Namco for Smash 4, it was somewhat unnecessary anyways.

i mean, sora ltd's still in business and that's what matters

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #241 on: July 13, 2012, 12:42:58 AM
What Mirby said.  Heck, I was under the impression that Project Sora was simply the name given to the collaboration between Sora Ltd and Nintendo.