"What Are You Thinking Now?"

Sakura Leic · 2816614

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #13675 on: March 21, 2011, 08:23:50 AM
All this RP takes me wonder if I'd bother ever jumping into one. I used to do alot of RPing, but my thing is I don't like RPs with lots of different people as it's easy to get lost and things to get jumbled into all sorts of hell.

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #13676 on: March 21, 2011, 10:56:23 AM
Nyaa~~~ My funnybone hurts/tingles/feels funny

Warning, before you read the rest of this post, please remember that I'm a yaoi fangirl, I cannot stress this enough

I used to RP a lot with a few select friends, but I found that save for a few people, everyone would make Mary Sues/Gary Stus/watevs
So in 1vs1 RPs, I would usually use my side of the story to essentially teach them storywriting techniques. Also taking down their characters via t3h p0wah of logic. That's why I always ended up playing seme characters /ho!
My fellow fangirls friends would usually be the ones to decide on the setting of the story, which were usually rather stereotypical ideals, but I'd end up the one leading the story elements.

I've only been in one large/forum RP and you always always have Mary Sue problems. Totally not a fan of mass RPs because of this. Everyone just wants their dream > 3> It's always a case of everyone wants to win and no one wants a story.
And when someone wants a story it'll always be an exact copy of some other popular story.

So yeah. F&*# that. Random S@*$ is your best bet if you wanna RP with a huge amount of people.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #13677 on: March 21, 2011, 11:34:58 AM
It's just a case of making the story in an anti-Mary Sue way and adding a few restrictions so that people don't have access to narrating characters that aren't theirs.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #13678 on: March 21, 2011, 03:32:15 PM
I don't believe in too many rules. I am a follower of common sence and logic. If you can't use those than don't bother entering a RP...I've learned it the hard way >.>
Also..anything goes as long as it makes for a good reading experience

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #13679 on: March 21, 2011, 03:47:25 PM
I don't believe in too many rules. I am a follower of common sence and logic. If you can't use those than don't bother entering a RP...I've learned it the hard way >.>
Also..anything goes as long as it makes for a good reading experience
Rules are only there for people who do not have sense and logic.

In order to stop [parasitic bomb] like "I am suddenly filled with the power of my grandfather's sword which is obviously the most powerful thing in the universe and have killed the final boss with a single strike. Look at how cool I am."

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #13680 on: March 21, 2011, 04:25:32 PM
I have seriously no bloody idea what kind of RP'ing you all have in mind, since I never bothered to look into any of the RP threads on this forum.
I remember that during the RP's on that one Sonic forum (Polish one) which were NOT related to Sonic at all, I played in two or three of them.
One of them managed to end one storyline, but I played some kinda dark and evil vampire mary sure [Top Spin] and I didn't knew what I was doing most of the time since it was my first RP.
Then I took part in another one, about dem pirates where I played a... rich girl kidnapped by the pirates. Shame it died quickly.
Then lastly I played in a post apocalyptic one, where I played a guy with two guns, and before it died I managed to get a lot of people killed (while trying to lead them to safety) and lost my legs. Keep in mind, our Game Masters were actually using dice to roll if we will succeed or not. Dunno how you guys do it here.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #13681 on: March 21, 2011, 04:28:48 PM
I haven't read any of the threads here either. All I was thinking about was some good, light-hearted fun. Everyone gives imput for a good, creative story, we try and fend off the overactive clichés, and stuff follows normally.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #13682 on: March 21, 2011, 04:55:16 PM
I haven't read any of the threads here either. All I was thinking about was some good, light-hearted fun. Everyone gives imput for a good, creative story, we try and fend off the overactive clichés, and stuff follows normally.
Well, I see them so aswell.

Offline Dantonumanoa Ongdolota Amycronicon

• Unwholesome, unsavory and unintelligible
  • Neo Arcadian
  • o fuk my k/d ratio
    • View Profile
Reply #13683 on: March 21, 2011, 07:51:57 PM
seme
Seme and Uke. What do they mean?

I put on my [twin slasher] face.

I also go by Spectro D., Idylleaus, Malabar, and Dumb-bit Twofuck.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #13684 on: March 22, 2011, 02:32:14 AM
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I really hate 4ch so much right now (more specifically /a/). I swear, if their bitching ruins this I'm gonna...I'm gonna...well I can't do anything myself but I'll keep wishing every day that a [tornado fang]ing meteor falls on top of those retards or something >=(

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #13685 on: March 22, 2011, 02:34:42 AM
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I really hate 4ch so much right now (more specifically /a/). I swear, if their bitching ruins this I'm gonna...I'm gonna...well I can't do anything myself but I'll keep wishing every day that a [tornado fang]ing meteor falls on top of those retards or something >=(
What'd they do now?

And you should hang around /co/, dude. They're total bros.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #13686 on: March 22, 2011, 02:42:13 AM
And you should hang around /co/, dude. They're total bros.
Agreed.

/a/ is [tornado fang]ing retarded, and I'm afraid to start any discussion there... always.

Also, yeah... what did they do this time?

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #13687 on: March 22, 2011, 02:43:40 AM
I don't really feel like going to 4ch myself though.

Anyways, I'll quote what I'm talking about. This is about Steel Ball Run's scanlation (which has been literally years behind) and the new joint project between the usual scanlators (Jojo Project) and another scanlation group (Red Hawk) to do weekly releases until they catch up. You'd think they'd be happy about the scanlation of a series they love get a major boost in speed, right? ...Right?

Almost everyone was bitching about how Red Hawk is coming in to take over the series and messing up the translation and ruining the typesetting just because we want more attention. Not one single person seemed happy. Half of them didn't seem to notice it was a joint, and the other half didn't seem to know that the only thing we did was clean. We had nothing to do with any of the things they were blaming us for.

Then when the JJP people tried to set them straight, they accused them of secretly being Red Hawk agents doing damage control. We don't even post on 4chan, ever.

Next week is make or break. If we get a similar response, we're out. Shizuka says that JJP will probably quit as well if that happens. It's really not worth it.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #13688 on: March 22, 2011, 02:52:49 AM
Man, I love it when I see scanslators and fansubbers making it look like they're taken seriously like some kind of big messiah to fans. I remember one day asking one of them why every single anime opening had the shitty karaoke subs all bouncing through the screen with rainbow colors. He called me a "Filthy leecher" and told me I "don't know anything".

Bro, I don't even watch your [parasitic bomb]. 8D Or have a big enough ego to paste my name on the credits of the actual anime, or alongside the title. Buncha egomaniacs.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #13689 on: March 22, 2011, 03:14:53 AM
I just realized that, when I drink something, my pinky sticks out on it's own. >.>

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #13690 on: March 22, 2011, 03:21:11 AM
@RP topic: Aiyaaaaaah
Also, GMs are good but only good GMs. Also dice rolls. After all, RPing is just an RPG without the G. Don't think too hard on that

Seme/Uke
Dominate/Submissive
Top/Bottom
Giver/Receiver

You get the picture.

Also Sapphire is girly nya.

• Neo Arcadian
  • o fuk my k/d ratio
    • View Profile
Reply #13691 on: March 22, 2011, 03:36:05 AM
Agreed.

/a/ is [tornado fang]ing retarded, and I'm afraid to start any discussion there... always.

Also, yeah... what did they do this time?
Forget /a/; /v/ is a congregation of the internet's worst, third only to Facebook and /b/.

I just realized that, when I drink something, my pinky sticks out on it's own. >.>
This happens to me too. I hate it.

Seme/Uke
Dominate/Submissive
Top/Bottom
Giver/Receiver

You get the picture.
Thanks.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #13692 on: March 22, 2011, 03:48:17 AM
You both have the auntie gene. Now go drink tea and knit.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #13693 on: March 22, 2011, 03:51:01 AM

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #13694 on: March 22, 2011, 04:13:15 AM

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #13695 on: March 22, 2011, 04:18:15 AM
Man, I love it when I see scanslators and fansubbers making it look like they're taken seriously like some kind of big messiah to fans. I remember one day asking one of them why every single anime opening had the shitty karaoke subs all bouncing through the screen with rainbow colors. He called me a "Filthy leecher" and told me I "don't know anything".

Bro, I don't even watch your [parasitic bomb]. 8D Or have a big enough ego to paste my name on the credits of the actual anime, or alongside the title. Buncha egomaniacs.
But you know, they are often doing this for free, and not all of them are egomaniacs.
But yeah, I get what you mean. What's the [tornado fang]ing point of this goddamn flashy karaoke? What? Do people actually SING A LONG to this when they watch? WHEN I WATCH OPENING OR ENDING CASUAL SUBS ARE NICE AND GREAT! I DON'T NEED [parasitic bomb] FLYING ON THE SCREEN FOR THE [tornado fang]ing FAS<AS<FSASA<FALSAff

Yeah.

• Neo Arcadian
  • o fuk my k/d ratio
    • View Profile
Reply #13696 on: March 22, 2011, 04:21:39 AM
You both have the auntie gene. Now go drink tea and knit.
jam and jelly and so forth

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #13697 on: March 22, 2011, 04:25:22 AM
But you know, they are often doing this for free, and not all of them are egomaniacs.
But yeah, I get what you mean. What's the [tornado fang]ing point of this goddamn flashy karaoke? What? Do people actually SING A LONG to this when they watch? WHEN I WATCH OPENING OR ENDING CASUAL SUBS ARE NICE AND GREAT! I DON'T NEED [parasitic bomb] FLYING ON THE SCREEN FOR THE [tornado fang]ing FAS<AS<FSASA<FALSAff

Yeah.
I know they're doing this for free. And I know not all of them are assholes.

But back in the time when fansubbing was made only by a few with two VCRs and the necessary equipment, dudes used to be so professional and anonymous about their work, just trying to get anime out there.

Now it's all "HEY LOOK AT US WE KNOW JAPANESE, WATCH US AS WE PUT OUR GAIA NICKNAMES NEXT TO THE ANIMATORS AND ARTISTS WHO ACTUALLY WORKED ON THIS. WE'RE JUST LIKE THEM!"

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #13698 on: March 22, 2011, 05:55:29 AM

Offline CephiYumi

• Kick the door, hit the floor, magical words (groovy!)
  • RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #13699 on: March 22, 2011, 06:11:12 AM
Nevermind then.......