Capcom's Sengoku Basara (sequel) confirmed for the Wii

Jazz Shaking · 5882

Offline Jazz Shaking

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
http://it.nikkei.co.jp/digital/news/...04H%2011082009

In the effort to strengthen the relationship for the Wii, the next title of Sengoku Basara series has been confirmed to be released on the Wii, in addition to their effort of Monster Hunter 3.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 05:07:55 AM
Either I can see the future, or there was a topic about this awhile ago.

Also, don't have a clue as to what Sengoku Basara is.  -_-

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 05:12:45 AM
A representation of feudal Japan as true as that totally factual game with the giant enemy crab.

Whatch the anime to get an idea, it's so awesome (and I need to finish it).

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 05:32:11 AM
Pretty cool link bro.

Also I dunno the anime kinda fluctuates between awesome and terrible. Sometimes in the same episode. But whatever it's got some nice quotes I guess.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 10:06:28 PM
The games are great fun. Look like Musou on the surface, but at the bottomline, it's like comparing Double Dragon to Final Fight.  :D

Can't wait.

Offline ParasiteBirth

• Useless Dweeb
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Some random dweeb
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 11:26:03 PM
When I saw the topic When I saw '' Sengoku '' I clicked right away in hope it'd have anything to do with Neo Geo's Sengoku 3 ''A sequel or whatever'' and Nope  >_<

Check my YouTube Channel for Challenges, Speed Run videos and more!

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 06:28:19 AM
Put ya Guns on everybody...

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
  • Never "Great", just varying degrees of "OK".
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 15, 2009, 12:16:19 PM
Please say this gets a European release. I LOVED Devil Kings and was irritated when the second Basara game never made it over here.

Honda Tadakatsu/Iron Ox/Hondam is awesome.

My Twitch channel. Random streams during the week.
Currently streaming: Transformers: Devastation

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 15, 2009, 11:54:46 PM
Please say this gets a European release. I LOVED Devil Kings and was irritated when the second Basara game never made it over here.

Honda Tadakatsu/Iron Ox/Hondam is awesome.

Well, here's the score.

There now exists a "Sengoku Basara" copyright in the US.

That, coupled with the notion that Funimation (....) is doing the dub of the recent SB anime, does a lot to point to the notion that Capcom may be giving BASARA a second chance in the States. And if they do so, it may likely be BASARA proper, instead of the "Devil Kings" nonsense that put a stop on things in the first place.

If anytime was a good time, ideally, the 3rd game, which should be an effective "relaunch/rebirth" of the franchise, would be it. It'd be just like how things are operating with Monster Hunter 3.

In any case, I'm just happy that we're getting closer and closer to the time when they should FINALLY let us seem something on the game. Some rumors/reports are pointing to the notion that next week's Famitsu (which will be the start of the schedule of being released on Thursdays, instead of Fridays....no word if the "leaks" will be earlier too), may be the issue that lifts the lid off things, and gets us really pumped for what's to come by TGS.  >0< >0< >0<

Yeah...I can't wait. I've been in love with this series since 2006, and SB2, so for some one like me, this is the kind of stuff that I've been waiting...especially since we had to go through SBX and "Battle Heroes", first! 8D.

This time around, the focus is on Sekigahara, thus the whole "1600" thing from the website. I'm expecting at least a completely revamped Ieyasu and the first time we'll see Mitsunari in this series.  0v0

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
  • Never "Great", just varying degrees of "OK".
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: August 16, 2009, 08:42:17 AM
That's news to me. But, I like the sound of this. I didn't even know SB HAD an anime.

My Twitch channel. Random streams during the week.
Currently streaming: Transformers: Devastation

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: August 16, 2009, 10:59:47 PM
That's news to me. But, I like the sound of this. I didn't even know SB HAD an anime.

Oh, it does. And for what it was, it was an awesome thrill ride. Go look it up, if you already have not!  owob

Season 2 of the anime will start next year, and will likely do a lot to coincide with SB3's release, not unlike how Season 1 did with the PSP game earlier this year.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: August 18, 2009, 05:40:04 PM
According to Famitsu the game is PS3/Wii instead of Wii exclusive.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: August 19, 2009, 12:12:59 AM
Well, technically...the Nikkei article never explicitly said it was exclusive, it just said that BASARA 3 was indeed coming for the Wii.

Any way, this makes me happy in way my fellow RPMers can't hope to fathom.  >0< >0< >0< >0<

With this much said, I have no further reason to give a flying [tornado fang] about Sengoku Musou/Samurai Warriors 3. Between Bayonetta and the two different versions of Sengoku BASARA 3, there's nothing that Koei's series can do for me any longer.  8D

And now, the wait til TGS....or whenever Capcom can be bothered to start showing us some VIDEO!!!  >0<

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: August 20, 2009, 04:34:42 AM
Well, I don't know how many of you guys are as interested in Sengoku BASARA 3 as I am, but in any case, here are some scans. PS3 version ins the one depicted.  >0<

Believe it or not (for those who may have only seen the anime), this is Tokugawa Ieyasu, all "grow'd up". Unlike the last few games, he no longer fights with a spear, instead preferring to fight with his fists. All in the name of trying to restore peace to the chaotic age he lives in, because we ALL know that punching people in the face is the best way of accomplishing such things. Voiced by Tooru Ookawa (Roy Mustang in the first FMA, Joseph Joestar from the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure CPS3 fighter, "BowlMan" from Rockman EXE anime)

BASARA's take on Ishida Mitsunari, the Tokugawa's main opposition in the 1600 "Battle of Sekigahara". By this time, the Toyotomi, Mitsunari's old posse, have been defeated by the Tokugawa. Mitsunari vows vengeance against Ieyasu at all costs. He's reported to be the fastest character in the series yet; no small feat, considering how much in the way of speed demons the likes of Uesugi Kenshin and Fuuma Kotaro already are. Reportedly going to be voiced by Tomokazu Seki (Domon friggin Kashuu from G Gundam, Stahn Aileron from Tales of Destiny and all other appearances).

(to Ieyasu) "I'll never forgive you... I'll never EVER FORGIVE YOU!"

And of course, these guys are still around too. Date Masamune and Sanada Yukimura.

Story goes for these guys that they've been put through a number of changes, character-wise.

Masamune has just been handed his first defeat, courtesy of the above Mitsunari. Meanwhile, in light of Takeda "OYAKATA-SAAAAAAMAAAAAAAA!" Shingen's apparent death by this time, Yukimura has ascended to the role of being a leader, and tackling the responsibilities that come with it. Both are promised to have "grown" since their last game appearance, and the Sekigahara Battle would only serve a means for these two to be able to meet again, once more on opposite sides (Yukimura with Ishida and Masamune with Ieyasu).

And as a preview for the next unveil, we see some silhouettes. Obviously, one is Honda "Hondum" Tadakatsu, but your guess is as good as the next guy for who the other, funkier looking individual could be.

The promise is to have an unprecedented amount of characters to play as. And they are also promising that the Wii version will push the hardware of that system as well, and be a cut above the quality of most other Wii games. Seeing how much Capcom already did as such with MH3, that looks likely.

- All scans and information hails from Koei Warriors, and my pals at their forums.  owob

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: August 20, 2009, 09:18:13 AM
Heh, excited much, Ben?   8)

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: August 21, 2009, 12:18:28 AM
Oh, yeah....  >0<

'Course, as I pretty much expected, I guess I'm alone, for right now.  -u-'

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: August 21, 2009, 06:50:26 AM
Well, you've peaked my interest in the series, if that's any consolation!  XD

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: August 22, 2009, 01:09:30 AM
Well, in any case.....

Direct-feed pictures.

Also, the newest scuttlebutt, if it couldn't be possibly told already, to the notion that the Wii version is looking to be the lead SKU (or the "base version", in other words), with the PS3 version possibly being more along the lines of an upscaled port in higher resolution, not unlike what occurred for Tekken 5: DR.

So, if so much is the case....then that should do a lot to cull the notion of the Wii being a "gimped" port. The two versions are likely going to be the same thing, plus or minus the PS3 version maybe having a better draw distance and being HD.

So much doesn't matter to me, though...it does make me happy to think that everybody stands to play the same game.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: September 24, 2009, 07:46:47 AM
http://www.capcom-unity.com/jgonzo/blog/2009/09/23/tgs_2009_sengoku_basara_samurai_heroes_

Ben, you disappoint me, I thought'd you would've posted this already.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: September 27, 2009, 03:05:26 AM
Eh. It's hard to keep track of the many places where I may have "spread my influence". Plus, BASARA didn't seem to catch on much here, beyond the brief spark the anime brought on months ago....  -u-'

Posted on: September 25, 2009, 05:15:28
Official TGS trailer is up.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tgs-09-sengoku-basara/56557

Also, if you can deal with off-screen vids, here are some more game vids.

TGS 09 Ieyasu gameplay
TGS 09 Mitsunari gameplay
TGS 09 Masamune gameplay
TGS 09 Yukimura gameplay

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: October 27, 2009, 06:47:10 AM