CyberXIII · 47634

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #100 on: July 21, 2009, 01:23:39 AM
I think they count the "jump-in (slash)" as separate from the combo. The advice talks about how it can be avoided before the combo begins.
That's the only way one can make sense of it, I suppose, but I definitely do not agree with that logic.  The jump-in slash is as valid a part of the combo as any other, especially considering that dodging it has nothing to do with dodging the combo; because you'll never dodge it.  If you're not in range of the Ranbu, he won't slash, not even on the jump-in.

No "real" name for that, just dash attack or dash strike. His blocking didn't have one either, just referred to as block or guard. His buster shot was called the Zero Buster then, and a fully charged shot was dubbed "Hyper Zero Blaster" to match X's "Hyper X Blaster" shot. "Double Charge Wave" was introduced along with "Earth Crush." I think that's about it.
I assume you mean that the Double Charge Wave consists of two Hyper Zero Blasters?  Because there are only two types of Z-Buster shots in X2.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline marshmallow man

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #101 on: July 21, 2009, 10:13:22 PM
That's the only way one can make sense of it, I suppose, but I definitely do not agree with that logic.  The jump-in slash is as valid a part of the combo as any other, especially considering that dodging it has nothing to do with dodging the combo; because you'll never dodge it.  If you're not in range of the Ranbu, he won't slash, not even on the jump-in.

It probably is poorly worded, but I don't think they mean too much by it. The player can do a jumping-slash, triple slash and follow it up with some other move to make a combo, but the triple slash is a move that is a combo in itself, and only performed on the ground standing still. Ranbu is a 5-slash combo move on the ground that Omega always performs a jumping-slash before and a ryuuenjin after, just because that's how he likes to do it.

assume you mean that the Double Charge Wave consists of two Hyper Zero Blasters?  Because there are only two types of Z-Buster shots in X2.

Yes. Sorry, guess I wasn't clear. You are correct.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #102 on: July 21, 2009, 11:18:20 PM
Forgive the l33tspeak.  It was a joke.  What does X6 have to do with Omega's techniques?
you sais the '0 series" has nothing to do with X6. it does.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: July 22, 2009, 12:54:58 AM
Ranbu is a 5-slash combo move on the ground that Omega always performs a jumping-slash before and a ryuuenjin after, just because that's how he likes to do it.

1st slash is not jumping.  I left "jump-in" go because that's what Omega does, prior to slashing.  Not during

Let me just illustrate.  Ranbu goes like this:

Omega always dash-jumps beforehand, that's the giveaway, but he does not perform a midair attack during the approach.  All 6 pre-Ryuuenjin hits are done on the ground.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline CyberXIII

• Doctor Ivo Robotnik
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfic and Rant account
Reply #104 on: July 22, 2009, 03:44:12 AM
However, the confusion starts when the dash-jump contact actually does damage.

What color is my heart, Snively...?

http://downloads.khinsider.com/?u=23112
Click here to find a site with loads of soundtracks available.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: July 22, 2009, 04:16:55 AM
Not really. because theres no pink.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: July 23, 2009, 12:26:37 AM
However, the confusion starts when the dash-jump contact actually does damage.
This is MegaMan.  ANY contact does damage.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: July 23, 2009, 12:29:36 AM
unless you're the boss.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: July 24, 2009, 03:22:01 AM
ALRIGHT!  When you are the player, contact with any enemy causes damage to you.  AND THAT IS A LOT!!! -_-

Offline marshmallow man

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #109 on: July 27, 2009, 08:17:29 AM

Cool pic. With that, allow me to attempt to justify yet again then. Ranbu attacks are worth 1 hp of damage each, noted by the book. So Omega follows up a normal standing swipe (that deals a normal 4 damage as Zero's/Model OX's does) with 5 inescapable Ranbu strikes (dealing 1 damage each) and ends with ryuuenjin (doing 3 damage, for 12 HP total damage). One could count the initial strike as part of the combo, and perhaps should, but it's not a Ranbu strike by nature of the power difference. I guess. Sound better?

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #110 on: July 28, 2009, 02:15:19 AM
The limb is growing a lot further out.  Nevertheless, I don't think we'll make much more sense of it than that.

That being said, the first swipe is every bit as inescapable as the rest of the combo.  Again, if Omega cannot trap you, he won't proceed with the Ranbu.  Usually he will not attack at all; however in ZX, I have known him to do a normal triple slash out of the dash-jump if you're borderline on his attack range.  That may be what the guide is talking about, but it's still inaccurate, as the two are different attacks.  If in such an instance you do get caught in the first hit of the triple slash, it does not trigger the Ranbu.

Also, on this:
The player can do a jumping-slash, triple slash and follow it up with some other move to make a combo
Something of a half-truth.  The first of the triple slash will not break the damage barrier from a jumping slash on a boss.  You can, however, triple slash, rise, and dive, to form a 5-hit combo.  I do that all the time in Z3/Z4.

Offline marshmallow man

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #111 on: September 28, 2009, 01:03:45 AM
That being said, the first swipe is every bit as inescapable as the rest of the combo.  Again, if Omega cannot trap you, he won't proceed with the Ranbu.

Yes, so avoid the jump-in, and avoid everything. The book had it right, it was just my paraphrasing that was sloppy, since I wasn't really familiar with the move when I threw that out there, and wrongfully presumed that jumping in would involve a jumping slash rather than a standing one.

But I do agree. The book really should have included that first lock-in strike within the Ranbu combo listing itself, simply explaining that the initial swipe is worth more in damage, but distinguished Ranbu strikes by their damage power alone instead. Or at least explain up-front that the Ranbu combo always follows an initial strike like how they said it finishes with a Ryuuenjin instead of just mentioning it in passing later in the paragraph. But, whateva.

Something of a half-truth.  The first of the triple slash will not break the damage barrier from a jumping slash on a boss.

Thanks for the nitpick, but I didn't specify on bosses. Zero isn't a boss, as established earlier in this thread, so what he can do to a boss physics-wise isn't equal to what they can do to him. It was just a rough example of making a combo from a combo. I'll try harder next time.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #112 on: September 28, 2009, 01:42:05 AM
Yes, so avoid the jump-in, and avoid everything. The book had it right, it was just my paraphrasing that was sloppy, since I wasn't really familiar with the move when I threw that out there, and wrongfully presumed that jumping in would involve a jumping slash rather than a standing one.
Well, that certainly clarifies things.  Thank you.

Thanks for the nitpick, but I didn't specify on bosses. Zero isn't a boss, as established earlier in this thread, so what he can do to a boss physics-wise isn't equal to what they can do to him. It was just a rough example of making a combo from a combo. I'll try harder next time.
I'm somewhat of a stickler on how "combos" impact a boss's Damage Barrier only because, if you disregard it, combo talk is irrelevant seeings how you can rapid-fire everything into oblivion.  You can likewise saber-combo into infinity with Model OX by using Shinkuujin to kill the lag from the third slash (useful if you have hacked for Model OX during the Guardian Base attack; damn ZX's lack of New Game Plus).

Ever since Z2 Inticreates has been crafting boss damage barriers to allow for combo attacks, and this is especially key to dealing damage effectively in ZX/Advent.  So when people speak of combos in the context of Inti's post-Z2 games, it's hard for me to not lean towards bosses.  Such physics would seem especially relevant to the Ranbu; Zero is not a boss but does have a damage barrier (as does pretty much any playable MegaMan character), which Ranbu disregards until completed.

Offline OmegaZ

• Knows a hot
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Mmmmmm, Coffah.
    • View Profile
Reply #113 on: November 09, 2009, 07:00:22 AM
I am not sure how that move could possibly be done without breaking an arm, but it is a pretty devestating attack, thank god I always have the Shadow Dash Chip in Z3, however, it absolutely destroyed me in ZX. :(

Yeah, I always hated how you could get the most hits in with a triple slash, the bosses invunerabily after hits always got on my nerves, and it lasted so long :/

Thankfully If you know how to execute a spinning attack or the dashing stabbing EX skill, you can dish out some decent damage, when battling Omega in Z3, I got around a 9th of a bar of heath with a single jump spin. :)

Either way, If you get past the whole evil trying to destroy Zero and assist Weil in controlling the world part, Omega's really cool. 8D

(I've always wanted to do that smiley, AGAIN! 8D)

Something weird happened to my banner, please wait while I find a new one.

*Elevator music starts playing*

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #114 on: November 09, 2009, 08:39:33 AM
Once again, PLEASE dont necropost. Its a bad thing.

The date posted is right under the title in every post.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #115 on: November 09, 2009, 08:44:00 AM
Once again, PLEASE dont necropost. Its a bad thing.

The date posted is right under the title in every post.

Remember, Necroposting isn't looked bad upon as long as it is relevant and not a one-word response. 

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #116 on: November 09, 2009, 08:46:14 AM
Well yeah, but then it isnt really a necropost.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #117 on: November 09, 2009, 09:04:48 AM
Well yeah, but then it isnt really a necropost.

Bingo!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #118 on: November 09, 2009, 09:11:50 AM
Did I win something? :D

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #119 on: November 09, 2009, 07:15:57 PM
Did I win something? :D
Have you partizipated in a contest? No. Therefore, no cash.

While I´m writing here, I should contribute my thoughts in that matter again.
Here some summarised information which I had written down once in another forum. However some things are just suggestions of mine and shouldn´t be taken seriously as canon, but fanfic.

Quote from: Thanatos-Zero
The original body of Zero is actually weaker, because the copied body is a new and better version. Let me quote from The Megaman Zero Official Complete Works.
The legendary Reploid who fought vailantly and was known as a hero durring Maverick Wars. Though the soul is indeed that of Zero, the body that Ciel found him was a copyof the original. Zero´s original body, which had caused much damage durring the Elf Wars, had been sent into space, and is now known as Omega.But Zero´s new body, showing at least as much if not more potencial than the last has saved the world twice over from the evil intentions of Omega and Weil, the man controlling him. Zero was last seen in space. His current whereabouts are unknown.

While he was sleeping, his body got probably analysed to 100%, by the scientists of the Research Facility. I do not think, that these scientists where inferior to Dr. Albert W. Wily, but at least on the same level and above.

The key to Zero´s creation is Forte, which was created with the energy Fortium by accident.
[YOUTUBE]eroRHIx9wT0[/YOUTUBE]
In the ending of Megaman 9 you can see Forte on a screen. It is not just cameo, but it has also a meaning. Dr.Wily research Forte´s accidental origins.

There are actually four versions of Zero:
Zero MkI - Created by Dr. Albert W. Wily. Zero´s original intention was to destroy Rockman and his own creation Forte, but this goal changed, because his age won´t allow him to rule the world, so he programmed Zero to destroy X in the future. Wily´s last will was to prove, that he was the superior scientist by destroying Dr.Light´s greatest invention X. However Zero wasn´t  complete cause Wily´s time was running out. All what he could do, was to install the virus, which should later be known as the Sigma Virus and to put Zero in his capsule. After a century Zero waked up and searched for X. He encountered Gamma´s Unit and destroyed them in a mess. Sigma the leader of the Irregular Hunters, was able to defeat Zero after a hard battle. He was able to win, cause the installed virus caused Zero a headache all of the sudden, which gave Sigma enough time to counter. He shattered with his fist Zero´s headgem and knocked Zero unconscious. The virus saved him, but not with a price. He merged with it and thus the Sigma virus was born. Sigma was still sane, but after some time Sigma gone Irregular on himself. This started the Irregular Wars. Before this happened Zero got repaired in Dr.Cain´s lab, who awakened with no memory as a good reploid. He was then teached by Sigma as a irregular hunter and reached soon the Special A (SA) Rank.
In Sigma´s Fortress X was surprised by Vava, after X was distracted by a unconsciousness Zero. However Zero awakened and destroyed himself in a try to kill Vava and to rescue X. The only thing what from Zero could received was his brainchip, which has miraclly survived the destruction of the fortress. With this Zero could be revived, but Dr.Cain failed to create a new body, since his body couldn´t analysed.
Zero MkII - Created by the reploid Sagesse, who is actually Dr. Wily´s Soul in disguise. This body got destroyed by Sigma in Rockman X5, but got repaired by the Reploid Isoc, who is again Dr. Wily in disguise. After a unknown period of time after Rockman X: Command Mission, Zero decides to cure himself completely from the Sigma Virus, since he spread it unintentionaly. During the time he slept in his capsole his brainchip was removed from his body, for security reasons. The now mindless body in his capsule should stay 102 years until the Sigma Virus was removed, however the scientist Dr. Weil used him to create the ultimate weapon against the Irregulars, Omega. Omega was licensed by the goverment, but Dr.Weil betrayed them. After his first defeat against X and Zero, which appeared in a new body, he was sealed in a spaceship and sent to space. He was brought back by the now cyborg Dr. Weil to the earth, after the Dark Elf was no longer prisoned in X´s Body. Although Omega was more stronger than ever with the power of the Dark Elf combined, his final demise are in Zero´s hands. This time ZeroMKII now known as Omega was destroyed for good.
Zero MkIII - Created by the scientists of the Reseach Fability to counter the threat Omega aka ZeroMKII. He was able to defeat with X the reploid Omega. However after this threat banished, Zero believed that his mere existence cause destruction, so he sealed himself again in the Research Facility, this time forever. He was awakened by the scientist Ciel and the Cyberelf Passy. His forced awaken caused a memory loss, although it is unknown if it is temporary or permanent. After his fights against Neo Arcardia, Copy X, Omega and at last Dr. Weil, he seemed to died too, but we may never know.
Livemetal Model Z (Zero) - Created by Dr.Ciel along with Model X (X), H (Harpuia), F (Fefnir), L (Leviathan), P (Phantom) to counter the Livemetal Model W (Weil), which was created by Dr. Albert, by the remains of Ragnarok which are fused with Dr. Weil´s revitalizing armour. Model Z contains Zero´s consciousness (his DNA Soul) and his battle experience. Model Z was used by a reploid named Giroette, who was a chosen one. He could use the ROCk -System. He was very similiar to Zero, however, he was killed by Serpent, who wants to become the Rockman King. He passed with his last power Model Z to the chosen one (Aile/Vent) of Model X. Aile/Vent became to Rockman ZX the ultimate Rockman. Serpent, even merged with a empowered Model W couldn´t defeat Rockman ZX. Rockman ZX decided to put an end of the game of destiny. Model Z was last seen on the Livemetal Ouroborus.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #120 on: November 09, 2009, 08:59:55 PM
Have you partizipated in a contest? No. Therefore, no cash.
Awww...  :(

Offline OmegaZ

• Knows a hot
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Mmmmmm, Coffah.
    • View Profile
Reply #121 on: November 09, 2009, 10:42:52 PM
crap, sorry about necroposting -AC

Something weird happened to my banner, please wait while I find a new one.

*Elevator music starts playing*