Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
on: March 29, 2011, 12:26:16 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Bxw6PIOwhA[/youtube]

I decided to go through with this thread, eh anyway:

So, I'm highly and stupidly optimistic about this upcoming show. I always loved Bugs & Daffy(especially Daffy) and I can't wait for this.
I mean, [parasitic bomb]... from all the previews they gave us, it seems like a decent enough comedy show. The characters retain their personalities, and although there's not really much slapstick (which MANY people complain about) I think it's for the best. I mean, slapstick can get you only so far.

DISCUSS.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 12:35:08 PM
I'm optimistic about this show. Cautiously optimistic, but optimistic nonethless. They seem to at least get the humor. Not crazy about the new designs, but they're really not that bad. And at least they're making it comedy, not some kinda "what kids like" bullshit.

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 02:50:56 PM
...Lol.

Wish it didn't have textured backgrounds and that drop shadow. I'm sure they could make it look newly 'polished' in some other way that doesn't make the characters look like paper cutouts.
Maybe textured backgrounds without the drop shadow.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 03:10:32 PM
Considering the original backgrounds were sometimes as bland as possible to allow for more emphasis on the characters, I don't see any problem.

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 03:28:40 PM
I don't mind characters standing out but not like this. This is just weird. And ugly. Yes I called it ugly.
But hey, maybe no one else minds the look > 3> I just think it looks dodgy for something so well animated~ (With a history of being well animated as well)

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 04:31:48 PM
Ehhhh... I dunno. The designs seem kinda off to me (Bugs in particular). The expressions we're shown aren't the greatest either, but maybe it'll get better down the line. Let's face it, it wasn't necessarily the slapstick itself, but the character's expressions that really made it good.

Those qualms aside, the writing seems fine, considering the direction they're taking the show in. At least the characters seem to act like themselves.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 06:30:17 PM
Just from seeing that clip, I already have little hope for this show, at least if it's trying to be old school Looney Tunes.

Old school Looney Tunes can never be replaced or done ever again. Standards back then were way too different than they are now. This....THIS is why I loved Tiny Toons & Animaniacs so much. It gave us NEW characters and did it's best to capitalize on the old school Looney Tunes & humor so much and create something entirely new & original.

This just looks way too much like they are trying to recapture the classic days, but we'll see.

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 10:40:27 PM
Well, Tiny Toons did use the Looney Toons characters but they were usually in the background.

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: March 29, 2011, 10:41:32 PM
They've already said several times that they're not trying to recapture the old classics. They're doing something new, with the new designs that work best for the animation.

I think this kind of thing is a godsend after [parasitic bomb] like Loonatics.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: March 29, 2011, 11:41:11 PM
We'll see, but I have little hope it'll be good.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: March 30, 2011, 12:20:10 AM
Just wait and see, alright? There are pleasant surprises.

I mean, who knew that the new My Little Pony was so awesome?

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: March 30, 2011, 02:00:33 AM
Slapstick sucks, unless done with small doses. Anybody who thinks the old Looney Tunes cartoons were GOLD... is deluding himself.
They weren't bad, don't get me wrong but now that I watch them sometimes they just bore me.
I shall gladly accept this new Looney Tunes cartoon, because it's bringing new (for Looney tunes at least) concept to the table and so far, judging by the previews, it works.

HATERS GONNA HATE!

[spoiler]HASSAN CHOP[/spoiler]

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: March 30, 2011, 02:05:57 AM
Slapstick sucks, unless done with small doses. Anybody who thinks the old Looney Tunes cartoons were GOLD... is deluding himself.
[tornado fang] off. I still watch at least one Looney Tunes short pretty much every day and still think they're gold. They ARE gold, and slapstick can be amazingly good. They weren't even all slapstick, even. There were alot of good jokes in between, and they show off the best of comedies.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: March 30, 2011, 02:33:59 AM
Looney tunes ALWAYS make me laugh. A while ago I bought one of the DVD collections, and I laughed my ass off so hard I couldnt breathe. Which made me laugh even harder.

Maybe not for you, Kharaxel, but for many folks, especially ones who grew up with Looney Tunes humor, it IS gold.

Plus come on. They did [parasitic bomb] in LT that in many cases probably wouldnt be tolerated today, considering how [tornado fang]ing pussy people are when it comes to "children's programming".

As for the show, well, I chuckled at the clip. that's for sure. I didnt mind the designs, though I fond the difference hard to notice. Bugs was the only realy noticeable one.

We'll see how it goes. Looney Tunes are known for slapstick, famous for it, in fact- so something that DOESNT focus on it makes me cautious. Though it seems like it might be just as funny either way, especially if they do things right.

It's been far too long without a Looney Tunes cartoon around.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: March 30, 2011, 02:54:36 AM
[tornado fang] off. I still watch at least one Looney Tunes short pretty much every day and still think they're gold. They ARE gold, and slapstick can be amazingly good. They weren't even all slapstick, even. There were alot of good jokes in between, and they show off the best of comedies.
Calm down, brah. As I said, I don't think they are [parasitic bomb] or anything, it's just that... sometimes they just bore me now. But maybe it's just that I watched them so many times, they are not that fun to me anymore.
Yes. I am aware it wasn't just slapstick... and I was obviously talking only about the more slapstick centric ones. They are the ones who bore the crap out of me now. That, and this whole "I WATCHED TOO MUCH OF IT" thing.

Or maybe it's just that I never enjoyed Roadrunner too much, dunno.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: March 30, 2011, 02:58:26 AM
it's just that I never enjoyed Roadrunner too much, dunno.
BLASPHEMY!

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: March 30, 2011, 03:00:04 AM
Calm down, brah. As I said, I don't think they are [parasitic bomb] or anything, it's just that... sometimes they just bore me now. But maybe it's just that I watched them so many times, they are not that fun to me anymore.
Yes. I am aware it wasn't just slapstick... and I was obviously talking only about the more slapstick centric ones. They are the ones who bore the crap out of me now. That, and this whole "I WATCHED TOO MUCH OF IT" thing.

Or maybe it's just that I never enjoyed Roadrunner too much, dunno.
Your taste is crap.

Sorry, man. Just truth.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: March 30, 2011, 03:04:05 AM
Your taste is crap.

Sorry, man. Just truth.
I know, man.
I know.