Rockman 7/8 FC (Spoilers)

Diggeh · 293762

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #175 on: June 24, 2009, 05:50:49 PM
Yea, that is true. I personally have asked myself once when the project first started from the very beginning. I remember one time posting on the 2ch thread asking if Mr. Mend had started the Rock 8 FC project, and one person replied to me, "no, he did not, we are different people" or something like that.

The main leader of the project now appears to be named "Dr. Juicy".

Latest dicussions:
http://pc11.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/gamedev/1243282176/l50x
They're still talking every single day even today.

They got rid of the old uploader website and moved to a DIFFERENT uploader website.
http://loda.jp/rock8/

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #176 on: June 24, 2009, 05:59:18 PM
Hmm... So, do they still use that main site to show progress?
Or is that site abandoned as well?

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #177 on: June 24, 2009, 06:03:02 PM

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #178 on: June 24, 2009, 06:08:08 PM
Nice to know. >0<

Offline lizardcommando

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Lizardcommando's Youtube Page
Reply #179 on: June 24, 2009, 06:22:57 PM
It looks like they've uploaded a new build of the game.

http://loda.jp/rock8/?id=44

It starts in fullscreen mode. The game has a functioning stage select screen. You can select most of the stages, although the only one that actually has enemies in it is Frost Man's stage. You can't select Sword Man's stage. The other stages are playable, but they won't have enemies in it and they're very incomplete.

I still hate how the controls are in this game. Z is shoot and X is jump, which just feels really weird playing. I hope they change those controls when they release the full version of this.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #180 on: June 24, 2009, 06:30:41 PM
Z is shoot and X is jump

They use it on everything, especially on NES emulators~ ^^
You'll get used to it. Even I can play with it. x3

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #181 on: June 24, 2009, 06:52:28 PM
Wait, fullscreen mode?
This is totally going to kill my lappie...

Is there a way for it to go into window size?

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #182 on: June 24, 2009, 07:42:18 PM
Doesn't even open for me. :(
Just opens for a split second appearing on the task bar then instantly closes.

I dont think that's the real version, cause there usually always 2 different programs being distributed from time to time. one that dr juicy does, and someone else doing it through another program. :\

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #183 on: June 24, 2009, 09:04:03 PM
They use it on everything, especially on NES emulators~ ^^
You'll get used to it. Even I can play with it. x3
Couldn't they just include a key config, you know, like good emulators do?

Offline Afro-Shroom

• King of the N00bs
  • Master's Unit
  • DWII's Lab Expirement Verifier
    • View Profile
Reply #184 on: June 24, 2009, 09:05:42 PM
wait does enter work as start or are they using "Q" like RM7 FC did?

"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning grip tells me to defeat you! Take this! My love, my anger, and all of my sorrow! Shining Finger!!~ "

"This hand of mine is burning red! It's loud roar tells me to grasp victory! Erupting...Burning...FINGER!!!~"
-----
That one Nun...

Offline lizardcommando

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #185 on: June 24, 2009, 11:24:13 PM
Neither. There is no start button right now.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #186 on: June 25, 2009, 12:18:24 AM
They got rid of the giant clown face arch in the beggining of Clownman's stage... DO NOT WANT.
IT better be there in the final. I want mah extra life.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #187 on: June 25, 2009, 08:01:50 PM
I'm just waiting for the boss sprites so my friend gs128 can use them for his 8-bit crosses.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Ace DeSpade

• More awesome than you.
  • Robot Master
  • ^Is awesome.
    • View Profile
Reply #188 on: June 25, 2009, 08:17:15 PM
Is the climbing stairs function available? Because I can't seem to climb them.  o-O

[insert decent signature here]

Offline Reg

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #189 on: June 25, 2009, 09:15:06 PM
For those not liking the controls, you could just download Joy to Key, which lets you configure controls the way you want them. It made Rockman 7 8-bit much easier for me. 8). Course, Wily was STILL a jerk.  -_-

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #190 on: June 26, 2009, 12:33:09 AM
Um yea, let me see here...

- Shooting with Z, Jumping with X. There aren't any other buttons working. Game plays only in Full Screen, but there are tools called window sniper or close to it that might change it to window mode. ^^

- No water jumping gravity. It means you don't jump higher than usual when you're underwater. You are stuck very early in Aqua Man's stage because you can't jump high.

- Sword Man's stage lets you get past the 4 switches at the top floors, but when you jump down to the mid-boss, there are no platforms, so you die on the lava. ^^

- Search Man's stage stops after you jump off the first ladder. The authors didn't build the stage further.

- No platforms that mysteriously show up in Astro Man's stage, so you can't continue there either.

- There are no propeller platforms in Tengu Man's stage, and the background is full of leaves and blue sky. It needs a little more decorating.

- No clown face in Clown Man's stage = no 1UP... awww. The lower floor needs some background decorating, because there are missing toys. No trains are on the tracks either, and the stage stops at the very end of the train tracks, because the tracks are blocking the path, so you can't jump off the tracks and continue with the stage.

- No blocks to destroy in Grenade Man's stage. And you can "almost" get to the mid-boss room, but there aren't enough platforms to get there. Aww.

- Frost Man's stage is "kinda" finished, but the enemy placements, their health and their behavior is a little too unbalanced compared to the original game. The jetboard part is getting a little unpredictable when things go faster while the enemies are in your way at the same time. It was easier in the original game. The part with the big whale enemies is gone, but you can fight Frost Man in the boss room. They double-sized his sprite so he appears twice the size. The boss room isn't twice as long like the original boss room. o.o;

- The game doesn't have check points either. Let's say you die on one of the bosses (Frost Man). You will start all the way at the beginning of the stage. >v<

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #191 on: June 26, 2009, 01:43:22 AM
Not to mention the background in frostman's stage moves along with you in an endless loop making it an eyesore when going at high speeds...

And what, no checkpoints?

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #192 on: June 28, 2009, 03:14:28 AM
Dont worry guys. :) They're working on it.

Dr juicy just posted an actual status update just today:
They appear to be focusing on just gernade man for the momment...

http://pc11.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/gamedev/1243282176/202
-------------------------------------------------
A script of a device and an animation have finished being paired with all small enemies of Gernade Stage.

What remains left...

* Gernade Man : 50% completed.

* Capture of the balance by stage map correction and enemy arrangement: 70%, complete.

* Mid-Boss :0% and necessary  of expansion trash waste moves and where it's a script system in business (Big correction?)  
* Well known bug
* The mounting for continuation: It depends on feeling.

The Mid boss will be post-poned (??)
8 stages, that, will the medium boss defer together? .

And a trial version of Gernade Stage, up, a corrected dot picture is also gathered, and, up.

Offline lizardcommando

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #193 on: July 28, 2009, 10:12:13 AM
They've got a new demo of the Rockman 8 FC conversion.

http://loda.jp/rock8/?id=80

Unfortunately, only Grenade Man's stage is selectable. I haven't really tested it out yet. The level is a bit more complete than how it was in the previous build. There are also enemies in it. You can even fight Grenade Man at the end of the stage (Hell, you can even skip his level entirely by selecting Mega Man's face on the stage select screen. He's pretty tough this time around though.

Offline someguy233

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #194 on: July 28, 2009, 11:53:49 AM
A few remarks,

The buster isn't limited to 3 on screens shots like previous MM games.  This means you can just constantly rapid fire without stopping. I hope this gets fixed.

The sound FX drain out the music, just like in MM7 8-bit. Speaking of that, does anyone know how to hack the MM7 remake so that we can lower the sound fx? I know you can disable them but I just want them lowered.  It sucks that someone spent so much time authentically recreating the MM7 soundtrack in 8 bit only to have it drained out by the mega buster shots the whole time.

Grenade Man's boss fight is recreated so well! I'm having so much fun.  I just hope he gets over his anorexia before the big release day-- he's drawn very puny. 

Keep up the good work I think about the final version every day.

Offline KickHopper

• Net Navi
  • Kamen Rider
    • View Profile
Reply #195 on: August 12, 2009, 05:27:49 AM
The sound FX drain out the music, just like in MM7 8-bit. Speaking of that, does anyone know how to hack the MM7 remake so that we can lower the sound fx? I know you can disable them but I just want them lowered.  It sucks that someone spent so much time authentically recreating the MM7 soundtrack in 8 bit only to have it drained out by the mega buster shots the whole time.

You could just, oh I dunno, open the sound effect files in Windows' Sound Recorder and lower the volume of each one manually.

Offline someguy233

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #196 on: August 12, 2009, 10:19:23 AM
nice idea!  Yes, definitely manually lowering charge and charge loop.  Thanks you so much. Now i don't hear WAWAWAWAWAWA... the whole time I'm playing.  <3

Offline Kirby Pink

• Joker
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "I play a card."
    • View Profile
    • Sprite Album
Reply #197 on: September 15, 2009, 06:21:48 AM
Uptade, new demo and a sprite editor.
Yea, apperently Paint wasn't good enough.  >3<

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #198 on: September 15, 2009, 06:26:49 AM
This could help actually, get people to stay in the lines. I think they know that people enjoy modding the hell out of this.

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #199 on: September 15, 2009, 06:37:17 AM
I can never get the demo's to work for some reason...

I think I'm missing a dll of sorts