The Great Gonzo · 775480

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #2575 on: October 26, 2012, 06:24:04 AM
Are you on an art site somewhere?  Because this demands to be favorited.

I thought people already knew. ^^;

http://general-radix.deviantart.com/

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #2576 on: October 26, 2012, 07:00:12 AM
Come now, you know I don't pay attention to things like that.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2577 on: October 26, 2012, 07:32:40 AM
Wait.
Auto knows how to fight back!? D:

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #2578 on: October 28, 2012, 03:06:35 AM
Wait.
If Lumina appeared in the comics and I didin't know about it, then [parasitic bomb] I'm waay past be-hind in that department! At least I can catch up to Archie Mega while I still can (buying the first issue, skipping 2 as I already own it, then so-forth)!

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2579 on: October 29, 2012, 02:39:19 AM
Wait.
Auto knows how to fight back!? D:

Heh heh heh.

If Lumina appeared in the comics and I didin't know about it,

AFAIK she was only in one story (the Sonic Shuffle adaptation).

(Unfortunately it seems the tumblr I found the completely-inverted hemospectrum on has been renamed or deleted, and the credits on the pic are kinda outdated. D'oh)

Oh man the mistakes I made on this are visible from orbit even after extensive cleanup. :/

Saw an inverted hemospectrum on tumblr and wanted to draw it (the only pre-existing designs I saw were Karkat's and Feferi's); this was the result. Cardstock and Sargent Washable Fine Tip Markers seem to go well together.

For the most part, everyone's attire (and demeanor) is based on the troll they switched blood colours with. (Terezi Maryam's was based on an alternate outfit of regular-Kanaya's)

I could claim that it was anatomy and clothing folds practice, but who would buy it?

The point was actually to try to make RS-Rock look a bit pudgy and not just "everyone looks pudgy next to Prototwig". It's entirely possible that those jeans are actually compacting his lower half into putty.

(NOTE: That's my AU/StS fem-Tails there, not game or Archie Tails. I will verbally shank anyone who bitches about it)

Looking at this now, I can't tell if I made Dr. Lalinde or the Mobians too short.

Funny story behind this pic: it was originally going to be drawn and inked on paper, but Amy and Tails were too close to the top of the page, and Dr. Lalinde too close to the bottom. I didn't feel like getting the tracing paper out again, so I tried something new: ink the pencil sketches in SAI.

Dr. Lalinde ended up being completely re-drawn; Tempo and Blues didn't get pencil sketches at all.

StS!Tails doesn't like wearing dresses, but unfortunately, the group is going to some fancy party or something and Amy decided that Tails would wear a dress. (It's not about gender-role bullshit; Amy just didn't want her going there in her work clothes--which Tails would've gladly done--and getting laughed at or worse) On the MM side of things, Protoman simply doesn't want to go at all, but Tempo says otherwise.

And Dr. Lalinde...well. Tempo's likely still got issues over the whole "you erased my personality as a coping mechanism" thing, and Protoman's got a very dim view of his own creator for related reasons. On the one hand, being with Protoman makes Tempo happy, but on the other hand, Protoman's not a very good influence.

And man that background is rudimentary. :/

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #2580 on: October 29, 2012, 04:50:43 AM
I recognize that hair style on Amy from the really awesome "Amy Rose dress up game" that was floating around for a while (which was probably inspired by Fleetway's Sonic the Comic's Amy).  X3  I really liked that hair style.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2581 on: October 29, 2012, 04:56:45 AM
Wait, that hair/quill-style was also in a dress-up game? /didn't play it

(And I think StC!Amy's hairstyle was a result of that one bit of Sonic CD art where Amy's quills are being tussled by the wind[?]. There's a French comic where Amy has that same upturned hairstyle)

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #2582 on: October 29, 2012, 05:17:52 AM
Wait, that hair/quill-style was also in a dress-up game? /didn't play it
Wait, sorry.  It wasn't an up-turned ponytail.  It was just a ponytail (contains optional mature content).

(And I think StC!Amy's hairstyle was a result of that one bit of Sonic CD art where Amy's quills are being tussled by the wind[?]. There's a French comic where Amy has that same upturned hairstyle)
That'd be Fleetway's comic, I think.  If she had a crossbow and dressed like a punk school kid. (Look dress shirt, cute dress skirt, same shoes.)  And I forgot about that piece of official art.  Heh heh.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2583 on: November 01, 2012, 04:23:49 AM
Ah, I see.

A WIP that I had lying around for a bit. Photoshop 3.4, with minor adjustments in Elements 7.

I finally thought of an StS outfit for Shadow, though Rouge stayed the same because I couldn't come up with anything interesting. :/

The fuzzy collar kinda makes Shadow look like Squall. Alas, there are no gunblades in Shadow's arsenal (unless I missed something).

Four Mobians in a tub.

'tis Knuckles, Rouge, Thrash, and my dingo lady Havoc. (Thrash was written into the comic long after I'd dropped it, and so only recently learned of his existence.) Putting them this close together was a very, very bad idea.

(Photoshop 3.4)

Rock, your brother's ribcage can withstand only so much pressure...

(Photoshop 3.4)

This was actually the last Halloween pic of mine to be finished today, but since my last submission was also RS-MM related, I'm posting this first.

'twas coloured in Photoshop 3.4, but required significant adjustments in Elements 7 (came out too dark).

RS-X is Judge Dredd (for reasons that are hopefully obvious), Proto is RoboCop, and Rock is a vampire. That last one will not really be evident until he turns into a fruit bat.

(Photoshop 3.4) OK, so Peacock's "creation" probably didn't have anything to do with Dark Matter (I haven't played Skullgirls; can you tell?). Canonical accuracy would probably be the last thing on your mind if she showed up in your basement with possessed!Adeleine.

Inspired by ~Greasiggy's Peacock/male!Ado pairing...but with Adeleine, because she's the one who was visibly affected by Dark Matter (IIRC).

Photoshop 3.4, with adjustments in Elements 7.

Roll needed a cat to go with her witch costume, but Tango didn't feel like going.

Rock, don't try to eat the fish; you don't know how long it's been in the freezer.

(Photoshop 3.4, with adjustments in Elements 7)

hey radix your ship is showing

This was the last Halloween pic I drew today, though it wasn't the last to be completed. I got the idea from flipping through my old Narumi Kakinouchi artbook; Tempo is Miyu, and Proto is Larva.

Though I'm not as familiar with Miyu's TV (1997) design, I went with that one here, as it allowed for multiple colours.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #2584 on: November 01, 2012, 08:31:35 AM
Havoc is totally adorable.  X3  And that picture of Rock and Roll is totally awesome and hilarious!  I love how Rock doesn't even care he's wearing his sister's cat outfit.  He's just like, "Hm.  Fish!  *om nom nom*"

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2585 on: November 02, 2012, 01:04:17 PM
Thanks! XD (Alas, Havoc is a volatile [dark hold]... XD;)

Semi-quick drawing of the PPG, mostly to make my version of Blossom more distinct from Roll.

All three girls have at least some black on them, as a nod to their original dresses; the original outfits I have them have been redesigned (most notably Blossom's, which is no longer a total eyesore) as well.

Oh, and coloured pupils. Which my versions of the PPG have had for a while, but hey.

I would point at the above pairing and yell "MAKE IT HAPPEN", but there are only, like, two people who didn't make RS-Bass into a carbon-copy of his game self and/or a living plot device. And one of those people is me.

So yeah, RS-Bass/Rock. I'd imagine that if Rock could get past the whole "Wily-bot" thing, he'd be all adorably awkward around Bass, who's more mature when it comes to things like this. (He could still wipe the floor with Bass if the need to arose, though)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2586 on: November 02, 2012, 02:30:57 PM
So much clingy!

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2587 on: November 03, 2012, 10:34:44 PM
Yep. XD

Up to #44 now.

* Tempo just isn't Tempo without long hair, so her Earth-63 counterpart got a ponytail.

* Speaking of Earth-63, here's Kayden and Papillion (aka male Farfalla; name given to him by ~KaitlinEXE and =HealerCharm). Kayden got a yellow shirt; Papillion, a different sweater.

* I really wish we had better/larger art of the units in Rockman Strategy; they've got interesting designs, like the Zodiac/Constellation Droids (who probably aren't "Zodiac Droids" but that term flows better).

* Also, Fan got a hairstyle distinct from Rock's (don't think I'll give him that braid again--at least, not his Classic self).

* I'd still think that bringing Sally completely in-line with the SEGA-made cast would mean giving her stylized fur instead of hair, but she's just not Sally without brown/auburn hair-fur (to me, anyway).

* It's been ages since I did anything with Malachi and so forgot most of her character; think she was a deity of some sort? 2012-Malachi will probably be a normal echidna with a weird dreadlock-style.

* Gustaff's appearance was described to me by =HealerCharm; his helmet's missing, though.

* Chances are, that outfit Ariga-Roll's wearing is incorrectly-coloured.

* Fem-Zaia wears a lot of clothes, like Megawoman; perhaps her fire powers keep her from overheating.

* For some reason, I think Tenta would have a husky voice. Not massively so; she just wouldn't sound like any of the Navigators.

* There were at least two "Detective Kirby" stories in Club Nintendo--one in 1994, the second in '96. I don't know if they were written by the same person or not.

* Not yet sure what to do with Partita, aside from "gets harassed by a pair of robot psychopaths that I have yet to properly draw".

* Carrie and Eric come from the same British Sonic novel, "Sonic the Hedgehog in the Fourth Dimension". Eric has the distinction of being the first echidna in any Sonic continuity EVER (Knuckles would appear a year later); perhaps as a result, he more closely resembles an actual echidna than Knuckles (Eric is described as being identical to Sonic aside from his longer nose/snout, long tongue, and dark spines. I tried to combine elements of Sonic and Knuckles's designs here, but Eric ended up a borderline recolour. Oops.

In StS, these two are agents of Eggman, as they are in the novel (well, agents of Robotnik). Carrie isn't Tails's fiancee in StS because she's over twice the fox's age.

* Not to self: pay attention when colouring robot gems.

* It is confirmed (via the Hoshi no Kirby 20th Anniversary Encyclopedia): Ado is a girl. I can't really say I was surprised to learn that. (It's also implied that she and Adeleine are the same person, but I prefer to keep them separate characters)

* Ado still had a brief crush on Rock (and is no longer wearing Adeleine's smock--I think my older drawings of Ado were based on her in-game sprite?). Also, I've got a theory as to why Megaman can eat Maxim Tomatoes without puking his guts up: they're closer to raw energy than food.

* Havoc's outfit is based on traditional(?) Aborigine clothing, hopefully in a way that distinguishes her from StS!Knuckles.

* As pointed out by ~lalalei2001, I haven't been drawing RS-Rock in his armour as often as I have in regular clothes.

* Yes, Heatman, offer a cigarette to the nurse-bot. That is an action you can only benefit from. (About requests: I have a higher chance of taking them if they're relevant to my interests)

* Shyna Garlande got a new hairline, but otherwise not much has changed.

* I can't tell if GSH!Red's hair is two-toned or not.

* How did Roll get Rock to hold still long enough to give him a haircut?

* D'OH forgot to give Rouge eye shadow. But considering the plot development I've been tossing about lately, the lack of eye shadow shouldn't be problem (hint: she's not living with her bastard parents).

* Am I the first person to come up with Amy/Mighty? (Logic being that Mighty is very similar to Sonic game/sprite-wise)

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #2588 on: November 04, 2012, 12:46:16 AM
First time drawing V (or any other sonic fanchara that's more complex for that matter, they can be hell to draw sometimes)? Her hair can be a little tricky to draw. Also, Tenta's more of a scottish/irish accent the way I can picture it.

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #2589 on: November 04, 2012, 04:36:53 AM
Just wondering, have you ever seen "Attack of the Evil TV" before? Rock/Zero/Blues' armorless designs kinda remind of me of your work

in case you need to see it...
[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgW6kcmeGX4&feature=relmfu[/spoiler]

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2590 on: November 05, 2012, 09:01:22 AM
First time drawing V (or any other sonic fanchara that's more complex for that matter

Not the first time drawing a Sonic fan character, but indeed my first drawing of Velocity.

Just wondering, have you ever seen "Attack of the Evil TV" before? Rock/Zero/Blues' armorless designs kinda remind of me of your work

I've seen it before; I was actually friends with the creator. There's a few designs of hers that I'm still using (ex: helmetless Ruby-Spears X).

Posted on: November 04, 2012, 03:51:06 AM
Ancient art time!

It shouldn't take five people to put out such a tiny fire.
Kung-Fu Tails and a green hedgehog.

Offline Melsurigan

• Net Navi
  • Hug the Creeper. HUG IT.
    • View Profile
Reply #2591 on: November 05, 2012, 07:14:40 PM
Oh wow, dude. That is one huge fan-art portfolio you have, there. I like how you draw a lot of Robot Masters helmet-less.

It's also great to know that somebody is actually making fanart of Tempo. Or are there other sites than deviantart that draw her more frequently?

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2592 on: November 05, 2012, 11:28:32 PM
Thanks. :)

Aside from the-Rose-of-Blue, I don't know of anyone else who draws Quakewoman--or anything from the comic at all--on a regular basis. With as well as it's selling, you'd think there'd be more comic fan art...

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #2593 on: November 06, 2012, 03:42:05 AM
Here's my answer: Ill say it before and I'll say it AGAIN. There aren't good shots of Tempo/Quakewoman in the comic, along with other comic originals. Also, compared to the archie sonic cast, they don't have much of a following yet (or they are so elusive that the only bet you'll find them is on pixiv). Give it time.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2594 on: November 08, 2012, 05:57:04 AM
I dunno; I thought we got some good enough shots of them...

"It's been a long time since the Little Planet incident, so why don't we try starting over?"

"Not even if the alternative was eating [acid burst]-drenched nettles."

Semi-SA thing done in PS 3.4 (no references, so it's probably all sorts of wrong). It doesn't seem to have occurred to Metal that, even if he hadn't kidnapped her once, Amy might not want to date a robotic clone of her brother*.

* at least, in StS.

Dear Ian: I would greatly appreciate it if there's at least one scene in "When Worlds Collide" of these two being cute.

As is the rest of you.

Got the idea to draw the Neo Freedom Fighters (Chris/"Kyo" included) as robots, then to add the Organic Metal Series (warning: thinking about that term for too long may result in a metalception) at the top.

* Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy were based off their game or Archie Metal duplicates (StS!Amy's hammers retain their normal palette, hence why her gauntlet-things are still red). Sonic's clothes/armour gained some elements of Neo Metal Sonic's design; Knuckles's vest, from Mecha Sally.

* Cheese became an Omochao (he still can't really talk), whilst Cream's bow became a stripe down her former dress. (Also borrowed some elements from one of *ChaosCroc's Mecha Creams--mostly the bits on her ears).

* Shadow's jacket-fluff is now two halves of a buzzsaw; Rouge got some nice jet engines to replace her wings.

* As far as I know, shoving a human/Overlander into a robotization chamber just gets you a statue (in Archie), so I looked to Phantasy Star Online's RAcaseals for Mecha Chris here.

* 'twas studying a panel of the Metal Series(?) from Sonic Universe for the lighting/shading.

* Organic Metal Sonic has one less spine than the real Sonic, different gloves, and red eyes. (The lack of highlights in his and his pals' eyes was not a mistake)

* Organic Metal Tails is more feminine than Milen Prower, or at least more outwardly so.

* Organic Metal Knuckles lacks fur on his arms, as his normal self's arms are made of gray metal, not red. (I think.)

* Organic Metal Amy's design was completely winged.

Font is "Punkbabe" by Billy Argel (found on Fontspace, I think).

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #2595 on: November 08, 2012, 06:58:48 AM
Robotic dopplegangers of the good guys are always fun.  I particularly like Metal Cream.  She's delightful.  :3

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2596 on: November 09, 2012, 12:39:38 PM
Mega? Sonic? CUTE!?

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2597 on: November 09, 2012, 08:32:42 PM
Robotic dopplegangers of the good guys are always fun.

Technically not doppelgangers, but I guess that's not immediately obvious...

Mega? Sonic? CUTE!?

Indeed. :3

This page got overrun with Sonic! (Due to Archie nostalgia, Sonic Chronicles, and other hedgehog-related things...and because of the horrific rough spot Megaman's going through, probably a subconscious attempt at not going stir-crazy)

* I'm pretty sure that's how Amy's quills work. And if not, then that's how they work in StS: the hairband presses her back quills down, making her look like a different breed of hedgehog than Sonic (not that she intended it).

* Speaking of hair, Charmy needs to comb his. 'twas meant to resemble Doc Hammer's, but it just looks like he dyed the tips yellow. (By the way, I wonder where Archie and Fleetway got the idea to make him a prince in their continuities...)

* While I've drawn Tristian before (badly), I don't think I drew Graile nearly as often or at all.

* Proto wouldn't admit it, but Rock's method of persuasion is pretty effective. (As is Roll's)

* Dunno if Megaman will go super in "When Worlds Collide"; as Rera is my character and not Archie's, Rock's eyes probably won't look like that.

* There's a thread on the Bumbleking forums discussing whether Megaman or Shard would win in a fight, and I think a good deal of the replies favoured Shard? Either way, Rock's not sure if he wants to hang out with him.

* This would not be the first time I'd forgotten a sea-dweller's fins.

* Duality!Metal's gonna try to rip you to shreds either way, Sonic Rose. Can't have TWO Dark Ones running around.

* Rerem, in contrast to his wife and son, is a pacifistic dork.

* Remember Electra? I redesigned her. She ended up bearing a disconcerting resemblance to both pre-Adventure Amy and Scourge.

* That fur collar was perfect for Kalinka. As for how much that outfit of *Neko-Vi's fits on Roll...not sure.

* I haven't seen any colour images of Anita, so there's a chance I've miscoloured her.

* Though I read some of *NetRaptor's fics eons ago, I don't think any of them contained Zephyer.

* Here's a question: would Sonic be able to carry Megaman?

* I am very glad that the canon Rogue design includes a mask.

* StS!Scourge isn't a dimensional counterpart of StS!Sonic, and Electra isn't one of StS!Amy (she's not Scourge's fraternal twin, for starters). She is, however, the one person Scourge wouldn't willingly hurt--if only because she hasn't tried to hurt him herself.

* Liza was based off an old character of mine who probably had a completely different name, personality, and colour scheme. She's best described as a semi-homicidal magical girl who may or may not be Eggman's biological daughter (there I go again with mad scientists having inexplicable progeny). Of course, knowing Eggman, she could also be a robot. (I'm thinking of making her the former, though, mostly for parallels to Dr. Wily and Yuri)

* In sharp contrast to the cheerful and lively Liza, Redux is a complete stick in the mud. He's pretty high up the Eggman Empire ladder and fights with a bo staff with retractable metal spikes (not pictured); while his co-workers can grate on his nerves something fierce, few things agitate Redux more than Sonic's supposed "immaturity".

* That "old band" was the scrapped Sonic 1 sound test. Here, the monkey and rabbit became girls, and the chicken became a grunge rocker who ended up in a band containing a keyboardist with a little kid on vocals.

* Lookin' pretty stylish there, Crash.

* Even to this day, I don't see a lot of KnuxAmy shippers (much less ones that make both of them into royalty).

* Hopefully Sally becoming an Earth Adept would be plausible, what with how long she's spent in the forest.

* Sonic's supposed to be two years old there...but I just realized that unless he's walking on a beam or something, I drew him too tall. D'oh!

* Can you guess which one of them wasn't dragged to the beach?

* Illumina, like her three constructs (in StS, anyway), has green hair. Also tried to style Pierre's a bit differently from Void's.

* StS!Knuxerjak would be a well-intended extremist, much like Archie-Knuxerjak (disintegration of Kage von Stryker included). He retains much of his original personality, with the instances of his "other side" being fairly easy to spot (see: Kage's lack of corpse).

* Still working out all the details, but in short, Sonic becoming the Avatar of Light would be a very, VERY bad thing.

* Finally, Cosmo and Putri (a character belonging to *CatbeeCache). Cosmo was one of my favourite Sonic X characters, and I've still got a few images of her on my walls from way back when I was printing out other people's artwork.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2598 on: November 11, 2012, 05:41:40 AM
Hmm... Chaos Emerald Mega... HMMM...

Also, I just recalled something.
If Mega hugged Sonic, wouldn't he pewpewpew!?

Offline Epsilon-05 [UNMEI NO KEN]

• Murakumo Unit
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #2599 on: November 12, 2012, 06:10:45 AM
Because of you... And your amazing art Gonzo... ROCK HAS BEEN MEETING ALL OF MY RP CHARACTERS AND IDK WHERE THIS WILL LEAD! Note: Murakumo Asami is curious of Rock, Yuki(he is a GUY) Might have a crush on rock, AND OMG NU EPSILON IS- I shouldn't and won't say it but just saying. I love your art and its making me draw poor Rock with all these Rp chars. That should kinda not be crossing over to him.

I HAVE DETECTED YEW!