Mega Man Archie Comics

Psycho Yuffie · 95794

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #175 on: October 20, 2012, 08:34:50 PM
Solicitation for #22. This one revolves around(?) Roll/Iceman.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #176 on: October 20, 2012, 09:09:05 PM
Oh boy, I can't wait for the retarded comments on Protodude's blog, which will consist of Nerd HATE.

Also, it seems they really are trying to develop Quake Woman.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #177 on: October 20, 2012, 11:11:39 PM
Oh boy, I can't wait for the retarded comments on Protodude's blog, which will consist of Nerd HATE.

I have an ugly feeling that there wouldn't be so many complaints about Quakewoman if she were Quakeman. (The comments haven't exploded into a mass of abuse yet, but it's only a matter of time...)

Oh, and something I've been thinking of: what would a comic-exclusive RM look like if they'd been designed back in the 90s? 'cuz Archie's StH character designs back then were more SatAM than SEGA (though for some reason, I don't think a 90s Archie-MM would be based off RS-MM).

Offline Melsurigan

• Net Navi
  • Hug the Creeper. HUG IT.
    • View Profile
Reply #178 on: October 21, 2012, 04:37:23 AM
Also, it seems they really are trying to develop Quake Woman.

Of course they are, considering her first appearance was pulled off so badly. Seriously, the whole Spiritus Ex Machina arc was a strawman trainwreck, and could have been done so much better.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
  • Blow up! We want to blow up this area.
    • View Profile
Reply #179 on: October 21, 2012, 06:29:26 AM
Yea it was kind of retarded, wasn't it?

FEELS  ;^;Which has the massive scrotums?

Offline Melsurigan

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #180 on: October 21, 2012, 06:31:07 AM
Yea it was kind of retarded, wasn't it?

Make no mistake, I think it's awesome that Archie is trying to show us that there are more than just three scientists who can build advanced robots (Light, Wily, Cossack). But that subplot was a painful afterthought. I hope they at least show Dr. Lalinde apologizing to Tempo for her selfishness.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #181 on: October 21, 2012, 06:35:06 AM
I prefer the parts with Mega Man interacting with colorful robot masters. If Archie was good at making characters the Sonic comics wouldn't suck so much.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #182 on: October 21, 2012, 06:49:31 AM
Does "everyone but Harvey and Theo came off as a near-total or complete psychopath" count as a "strawman train wreck"?

I dunno; I didn't think Spiritus ex Machina was that bad. :/

Offline Melsurigan

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #183 on: October 21, 2012, 11:59:28 PM

Do the artists switch places every now and then for this comic? Because this cover looks a LOT better than the three before it (especially the sloppy 19th cover; Roll and Splashy deserve better than that).

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #184 on: October 22, 2012, 12:03:13 AM
Do the artists switch places every now and then for this comic?

Yeah.

So far, none of the commenters at PRC or TMMN have freaked out over Quakewoman's presence in #22, nor over the possible implication of Quake/Mega. It's mostly just discussion over whether or not Roll/Ice counts as incest, I think.

Offline DarkWaltz

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Magic bananas!
    • View Profile
    • DarkWaltz's DeviantArt Page
Reply #185 on: October 22, 2012, 01:38:01 AM
Yeah.

So far, none of the commenters at PRC or TMMN have freaked out over Quakewoman's presence in #22, nor over the possible implication of Quake/Mega. It's mostly just discussion over whether or not Roll/Ice counts as incest, I think.

Even with the same creator, if they're built from different blueprints I wouldn't see it as robocest, nor do the robots in Archie seem to have strong familial ties to one another (Except for Rock and Roll... possibly Blues but we have to see on that one.) as they did in Ariga's works.

...is it sad that when I heard of Quake in the first place my mind went 'Here comes the shipping wars...'?

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #186 on: October 22, 2012, 02:19:21 AM
...is it sad that when I heard of Quake in the first place my mind went 'Here comes the shipping wars...'?

Not really. :/ Though so far, most of the crap that some fans have flung at Quake revolve around "she exists, therefore she must burn", not anything shipping-related.

Offline Melsurigan

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #187 on: October 22, 2012, 03:07:13 AM
Not really. :/ Though so far, most of the crap that some fans have flung at Quake revolve around "she exists, therefore she must burn", not anything shipping-related.

Funny, because last time I checked, most fans only hated her because she "looked too much like a reploid".

Personally, I love the design. I think she's quite adorable.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #188 on: October 22, 2012, 03:20:20 AM
Funny, because last time I checked, most fans only hated her because she "looked too much like a reploid".

Well, there's that, I guess. :/

I was a bit unimpressed by her design at first, but soon got over that.

Offline DarkWaltz

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Magic bananas!
    • View Profile
    • DarkWaltz's DeviantArt Page
Reply #189 on: October 22, 2012, 03:24:24 AM
She looks all right to me. I would've probably altered the color scheme a little as it doesn't strike me as 'Qauke' like, but other then that I have no problem with her aesthetically. Now, personality, we'll see what changes Lalinde made to her in the next issue, how she acts can make or break her as a likeable character to me. If I like it, then I like it. If I don't, then I'll accept her existence in the Archie universe and tolerate her presence.

Although I don't think too many people should worry, I remember reading something that Ian typed about romance with Mega Man being delegated to crushes at the most. If I remembered correctly.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #190 on: October 22, 2012, 07:19:07 AM
Do the artists switch places every now and then for this comic? Because this cover looks a LOT better than the three before it (especially the sloppy 19th cover; Roll and Splashy deserve better than that).
It's like every arch they switch, which is every 3. It says in the beginning credits of each issue.

whether or not Roll/Ice counts as incest, I think.
Well, canonically-speaking they're close like siblings, I believe.

Even with the same creator, if they're built from different blueprints I wouldn't see it as robocest, nor do the robots in Archie seem to have strong familial ties to one another (Except for Rock and Roll... possibly Blues but we have to see on that one.) as they did in Ariga's works.
So is Mega Man X Copy Mega Man incest? Zero X Fake Zero? Mega Man X X iX? What about Mikhail X Kalinka?

Offline Melsurigan

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #191 on: October 22, 2012, 05:51:20 PM
I'd also like to point out that issue 22 says that Roll is playing the match-maker. Considering we have Mega Man and Quake Woman in this chapter, and Roll possibly mistaking Ice Man's shyness for affection towards another female bot, and the description saying that it may be "more hazardous than the ice"...

Oh wow, that is going to be entertaining. Ever watch School Rumble? Put that in twenty pages.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #192 on: October 22, 2012, 06:41:59 PM
I prefer the parts with Mega Man interacting with colorful robot masters. If Archie was good at making characters the Sonic comics wouldn't suck so much.
Stop being an ignorant [Top Spin], and give the comics an ACTUAL read through, you ignorant [Top Spin]. I preached about where you should start with them in the Sonic comic thread. [tornado fang].

Hrmph...

Anyway. Spritus Ex Machina was indeed so-so. But Quake Woman in itself is SUPA SUPA KAWAII and I want to see more of her.
If only because I wish to see what her personality ACTUALLY is.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #193 on: October 23, 2012, 01:17:33 AM
Stop being an ignorant [Top Spin], and give the comics an ACTUAL read through, you ignorant [Top Spin]. I preached about where you should start with them in the Sonic comic thread. [tornado fang].
You picked a random issue that started way back, in history, with Adrock, MCA, and me: Mike D. How about this compilation with Silver Sonic and Sonic fighting on the cover I seen't advertised in Mega Man 18? Is that good? Is it about Eggman and cool stuff, or is it about the secret Avengers club and that guy with the shoulder things and Sally?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 04:26:27 AM by Ladd Spencer »

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #194 on: October 23, 2012, 02:06:09 AM
I have no idea what you are babbling about now, plus, you [tornado fang]'d up the quotation.

I'm assuming you are asking me what to read, but this is not a thread for this.
This is the Megaman Comic thread, not Sonic.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #195 on: October 24, 2012, 04:27:04 AM
Ironically, you gave the best answer ever. Wanna have fun reading Archie comics? Don't read Archie. Don't read Sonic. Read Mega Man.

Offline Melsurigan

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #196 on: October 25, 2012, 01:57:45 AM
At the end of issue 18, in the page before the Short Circuits, there is a tiny pencil preview sketch of issue 19. I can clearly spot Roll and Kaklinka in summer attire, but I'm trying to decipher who else is there.

I think I see an older woman behind them, possibly a random human or something. It is wishful thinking, but Splash Woman in civilian mode? That would be awesome.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #197 on: October 25, 2012, 02:03:01 AM
I think it might be Quakewoman; I can sorta see long hair/pigtails behind her.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #198 on: October 25, 2012, 08:08:47 AM
Are there drills? That's a good sign.

Offline Melsurigan

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #199 on: October 29, 2012, 07:57:56 PM
I just looked at the pencil pre-sketch of issue 19's cover and, for some reason, it's better than the finalized version. The proportions for the mouth and eyes are a lot more appealing.

More importantly, Roll's eyes and mouth aren't spaced as far away as they are in the color cover. That is a HUGE difference in quality. What in God's name happened there?