Superjustinbros · 40571

Offline Superjustinbros

• It's me.
  • Resistance Member
  • Something
    • View Profile
    • Super Justin: The Blog
Reply #75 on: March 15, 2011, 09:06:59 PM
Well sorry for the long absence everyone, but I wanted to post pics of a few of my OC's, the first not part of Aozora's Adventure (my OC series), and the last I just recently completed.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #76 on: March 15, 2011, 10:32:53 PM
Second guy's arm looks like it's been dislocaited. Third guy looks like he's from Mazinger Z (by how his face looks in contrast to the rest of the body, just looks silly).

That's all I'm gonna have to say for now..

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #77 on: March 16, 2011, 04:49:48 AM
Ooh, ouch, yeah the second guy's arm does look dislocated.  Also, their arms are far too short.  Arms should drop to about mid-thigh when at one's side and the upper arm is slightly longer than the forearm (at least mine are).

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: March 16, 2011, 06:13:56 AM
Mmm, you have a very nice and clean line and colouring style, but you need to work on anatomy. People throw that term around a lot and it's hard to realise what it actually means, but what I'm trying to get at here is that you should try harder to understand how people physically work...in 3D. 3D is the hard part tbh -o-
For example! Most people stand with their weight on one leg more than the other, so the hips would be tilted.
When your eyes are at eye level to someone, perspective with mean that you see more of the top of their feet than the front of it.
Human bodies are round, so hems of clothing would look like they're curving. Stuffs like that.
You don't like drawing clothes, do you?

Offline Superjustinbros

• It's me.
  • Resistance Member
  • Something
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: July 27, 2011, 01:23:22 AM
I might as well go and post up this new art of Aozora I did. ::)

Posted on: May 24, 2011, 01:51:12 AM
Hopefully my new strategy of smoother lineart looks better on this new character.

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: July 27, 2011, 08:02:19 AM
Her face is too long, it makes her look like a man.

Offline lizardcommando

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Lizardcommando's Youtube Page
Reply #81 on: July 27, 2011, 08:08:51 AM
It looks like she doesn't have any lips. Also, I don't think her eyes are lined up correctly. They seem to be in the wrong place.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #82 on: July 27, 2011, 09:53:15 AM
Her eyes are indeed a wee high, because if that turban is sitting atop her head, then she has no forehead.  Where exactly on her head does that turban sit?  From what I've observed, turbans are balanced on one's crown, you can see their forehead.

And again, at least from what I can tell with the guy, the arms are too short.  When you put your arms down against your sides, where do your fingertips end?  Mine end about mid-thigh.  I may just have long arms, but from what I've seen, other people's arms tend to end around that same spot; mid to mid-upper thigh.

Though, your linework is very tight and your coloring is looking better.

Offline Superjustinbros

• It's me.
  • Resistance Member
  • Something
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: October 27, 2011, 04:10:54 AM
Thank you three for the criticism. It's my first time trying a new style, so I'll try to make the anatomy more accurate next time. Can't guarantee that it will be spot on, but we'll see.

Posted on: August 01, 2011, 12:16:36 AM
For your viewing pleasure: Shinobu.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #84 on: November 04, 2011, 10:27:04 PM
The two-toned coloring and the linework is looking nice.  However, there are some issues with her proportion and foreshortening.  And again, I must point out the arms; they are too short.  A lil trick for determining how long to make the forearm:  Your foot is the exact same length as your forearm, from wrist to elbow.

When doing complicated poses like that, where the character is leaning their weight onto one leg and the camera is at their hip level, it helps to have someone model for you.  That way, you can get a feel for how their legs work at that angle. 

Offline Superjustinbros

• It's me.
  • Resistance Member
  • Something
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: January 17, 2012, 10:00:41 PM
The two-toned coloring and the linework is looking nice.  However, there are some issues with her proportion and foreshortening.  And again, I must point out the arms; they are too short.  A lil trick for determining how long to make the forearm:  Your foot is the exact same length as your forearm, from wrist to elbow.

When doing complicated poses like that, where the character is leaning their weight onto one leg and the camera is at their hip level, it helps to have someone model for you.  That way, you can get a feel for how their legs work at that angle. 

Alrighty. Thank you for the criticism. I tried to extend the arms for my next character, and improve other parts, and this was the result:

It's still in progress; just posting the WIP just so I can actually try to get honest criticism so I can fix the mistakes before I begin shading and add the background.

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #86 on: January 17, 2012, 10:19:30 PM
His right forearms is pretty short (the right one is a bit too, but not by much), and the waist is really low. And maybe it's just me, but the pose is kinda awkward :P

I made a quick draw-over, hope you don't mind.

Offline Superjustinbros

• It's me.
  • Resistance Member
  • Something
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: October 20, 2012, 06:09:01 AM
His right forearms is pretty short (the right one is a bit too, but not by much), and the waist is really low. And maybe it's just me, but the pose is kinda awkward :P

I made a quick draw-over, hope you don't mind.

Thank you very much; this helped me in fixing the parts that were off.

And considering how this is a nine-month bump, I do have new art to show. For simplicity reasons and to keep the post from going too long, I'm only posting three specific works:

Criticism is welcome. :)

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: October 20, 2012, 06:23:07 AM
Oh jeez I haven't seen this thread in like almost 2 years, the improvement you've done compared to the first post is absolutely amazing.

The one on the far right looks very good and I think you got the proportions on the far left right.  The woman is very muscular though her head looks very tiny and the shoulders looks too broad from what I see.  For all 3 of them however I think you need to define your noses a little better though I don't know how exactly with that style.

Keep in mind though I'm not a artist, so I might not see things others would see but to me they look very nice.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Superjustinbros

• It's me.
  • Resistance Member
  • Something
    • View Profile
Reply #89 on: November 04, 2012, 06:52:59 AM
Oh jeez I haven't seen this thread in like almost 2 years, the improvement you've done compared to the first post is absolutely amazing.

The one on the far right looks very good and I think you got the proportions on the far left right.  The woman is very muscular though her head looks very tiny and the shoulders looks too broad from what I see.  For all 3 of them however I think you need to define your noses a little better though I don't know how exactly with that style.

Keep in mind though I'm not a artist, so I might not see things others would see but to me they look very nice.

Thanks for your opinion. Pleased to see my art still growing.  :3

For my next art I'll consider working on the noses more in detail. The center and left characters pictured above are meant to be muscular cyborg war machines for a new series I'm starting called "WARMAN" (which isn't connected to Rockman in any form despite both titles ending in "Man" and the main focus being on robots). There will be 10 of these, the ones pictured above are models 10 (left) and 7 (center), and the series as a whole will be much darker in tone than Aozora's Adventure. For the curious, the one on the right is an Aozora's Adventure character, Keanu, whom at the moment I'm writing this, his design is roughly more than a year old.

This next thing I'm going to display is more of just a (rather large) experimental image, which I tend to do a lot of in my spare time. I took every possible color of the NES/Famicom's color palette (as they display in NEStopia and excluding black) and created a chart showing every color combination applied onto Rockman. So for anyone interested in viewing it, here's the link: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?ry5xyqlks6tqvh4 I warn you though, it's quite a big image. 8U

Offline Superjustinbros

• It's me.
  • Resistance Member
  • Something
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: October 01, 2015, 05:20:40 PM
Time to bring this place out of retirement.

Here's some of my 2014-2015 art, all of characters from Aozora's Adventure.

Also some attempts at spriting Mega Man-esque sprites.

The one on the top is that Sata character that I was once drawing artwork of but didn't bother finishing, and the bottom is the main character from Speedy/Sonic Dragon on the Super A'Can.