Zan · 14041

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
on: November 10, 2008, 12:34:55 AM
Using the magic of google, I stumbled upon this:

http://faqs.neoseeker.com/Games/PS2/namco_x_capcom_script.txt

A translation of NxC's plot. As it never saw a US release, it's a pretty nice thing to have, enjoy this addition to DASH lore and all the crossover goodness that comes with it!

It seems to have mistranslated Reavered as Rebird but a lot of other terminology seems fine.

The Rockman DASH story presented in NxC revolves around Rockman Juno's second coming. It seems to be non canon, simply because it's crossover and some inconsistencies between L1 and L2 plot elements. Despite this, it has a lot of info that helps us learn more about the DASH setting. Most notable being the explanation of Eden.

The following is a summary of what I can gather from the script:
He introduces himself without any memory of the DASH1 events. Roll wonders who it is. Tron and Rock however are immediately alarmed by his presence as he is the one Rock fought inside of the Main Gate. It seems that as a result of the DASH1 events, Juno's previous body was destroyed by Rock and his memory was almost completely erased by Data. His current self is a new Rockman Juno with only portions of his memory restored because the reconstructive process did not entirely succeed. (The reconstruction was carried over by crossover character Grand Master Meio who became interested in the technology used to create Juno. He also seems to be responsible for Juno's new body.)

Rock knows he has to destroy Juno before he regains his memory, as Juno would attempt to wipe out the Decoys again. Over time, Juno begins to realize he met and fought Rock before, Rock's strong emotional responses toward Juno also motivate him to regain his lost memory. As Juno's memory recovers, Roll too is informed about the mysteries of Rock's past. The name Rockman Trigger is brought up and Juno notes that it is significant, he also begins to speak to Rock as his superior "Lord Rockman Trigger." (Rockman Trigger-sama?)

Juno plans to reinitialize the Decoys of Earth using Eden and by the magic of crossover he's conducting an experiment to enhance Eden's area of effect beyond regional scope, able to terminate all Decoys on the planet. Juno however is constantly met with resistance and begins showing irregular behavior, his logic systems seem defected as he starts blaming others for own failure. Rock questions him about it not even aware of the meaning of the term, despite realizing this is what is happening to Juno.

Having turned completely irregular according to Rock, Juno completes his experiment and gives us previously unknown information about the nature of Eden. The final battle between Juno and Rock finally occurs, Juno regains his memories and realizes Rock's memory isn't complete either. Roll's interested in knowing what this "Trigger thing" is. And Juno explains Rock is Rockman Trigger Purging Officer First Class. Roll questions who Rock is and Rock has to reassure her he is himself, his name is Rock Volnutt. Rock defeats Juno and says his final farewell to him.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 12:42:26 AM
Saved for everlasting peace~

TXT (1291 kB)
ZIP (419 kB)

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 01:27:53 AM
Has anybody here actually played the game? If so, hows it like?

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 02:04:51 AM
I've owned the game since it first came out. I enjoyed the DASH segments a lot in this.

The game is a strategy RPG type game. You get to play as Xiaomu and Reiji Arisu, and you meet different characters from Namco and Capcom series chapter by chapter. When you start a battle, you get to perform different moves by pressing the D-pad in different directions and the Circle button, and a Triangle button for special attacks. When your enemy attacks, you get to choose to defend or counter attack with character-specific moves.

Early in the game, you get to have KOS-MOS, Klonoa and Stahn from Tales of Destiny in the game, 5 chapters in. A few more chapters in, you get to meet Felicia, Morrigan, Arthur, Trigger, Roll Caskett, Tron and the Kobuns, and somewhere near chapter 25, Strider Hiryu shows up. ^^

I used to have a very sexy post about the game, but I lost it. ;w;

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 02:15:09 AM
Sounds cool, I always enjoyed RPG's where you have a Shitload of characters. But I never manage to find them anywhere.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 06:26:15 AM
There's an english patch (still in error-ridden beta form) for the game, although obviously it requires a DVD burner, which I unfortunately do not have access to. :'(  But I do have NxC and played a little bit of it, and it does indeed kick ass.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Rockmon

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 06:58:44 AM
First, aren't you a programmer? Second, it's almost 2009 and dvd burners are well under 10,000z.

Save the tatas..................................................................................................please?

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 02:01:28 PM
I have the game, but I've only seen the videos that MasterLL puts up on YouTube. Sadly, I have not a way to get the english patch and the game to work, or a PS2 emulator to play it on, or a mod set from Swap Magic to get the game to work ><

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 04:33:59 AM
First, aren't you a programmer?
No way in hell, dunno what gave you that idea.  The closest I've come to that is some VERY amateur hex editing.

I know DVD burners come cheap, but times are rough, so I've been penny-pinching.  That and I'm constantly wondering how much more life I can suck out of this computer.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 11, 2008, 05:16:11 AM
All anyone needs to know is KOS-MOS is <3 and Broken, as she damn well better be!

Just like in Endless Frontier.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: November 11, 2008, 05:58:33 PM
Yea, just keep KOS-MOS alive and well, and charge up her SP, and she's pretty much unstoppable.
At around chapter 25, she will have way over 7000HP, and the same counts for Ryu and Ken. ^^

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: November 11, 2008, 07:43:56 PM
Yea, just keep KOS-MOS alive and well, and charge up her SP, and she's pretty much unstoppable.
At around chapter 25, she will have way over 7000HP, and the same counts for Ryu and Ken. ^^

Ryu and Ken aren't as good/broken as KOS-MOS though o3o They don't have that many multiple-hitting attacks, or Branches, and they aren't as powerful as KOS-MOS

(more if i remember, gotta leave now ><)

Offline marshmallow man

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: November 11, 2008, 08:49:39 PM
I was a bit disappointed with their representations of Eden. Instead of the large white satellite with the glowing eye they referred to the obelisk it released as Eden itself (although, maybe it is, and the other satellite is just some kind of attachment thing). The docking bay looked the same as Elysium's, and the control room's design was a little bit bland.

The things I remember them changing as far as Dash was concerned was making the air pirates into space pirates infamous across many planets, giving the rebuilt Gesellschaft interstellar travel capability, and likewise the ruins into deep space ruins.

You know I don't think I ever actually beat the game, I got bogged down trying to level up all my characters by repeating stages over and wound up losing my interest in it. I should pick it up again sometime.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: November 11, 2008, 09:49:32 PM
I say the game is best played without power leveling. I've come to realize that as much fun as it is to blow through stuff, it makes the game slightly boring because there's no challenge. Granted the enemies aren't too powerful, the bosses are pretty damn powerful.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #14 on: November 11, 2008, 10:03:17 PM
I say the game is best played without power leveling. I've come to realize that as much fun as it is to blow through stuff, it makes the game slightly boring because there's no challenge. Granted the enemies aren't too powerful, the bosses are pretty damn powerful.

That's what training missions are for!  8D

I need to get near to a DVD burner, quick, if I ever have a chance to play this game. 

And I dare you to partner up Rock and KOS MOS, devistating results, there is.

.. But do you know something IS a little fishy about the first mission, where it likely starts you off with Rock and Roll. (Traditional Mega Man introstage hint)

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: November 11, 2008, 10:23:58 PM
The one thing to always remember about Monolith Soft. KOS-MOS is their main staffs personal pride and Joy, and will pretty much always be the most favored and broken. even more so now that they can't touch the Xenosaga IP without Bamco's permission.

Like in Endless Frontier SRW: OG Saga, where she was pretty much the Must have party member for healing, skills, and attacks. Also a nice rack and ass.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #16 on: November 11, 2008, 10:29:12 PM
Also a nice rack and ass.

That's Setsuna for you.  8) (Sarcasim)

Ever since her XENOSAGA appearance, she's been a fav. but then again, I suggest tag team experiments if you want to beat a boss.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: November 11, 2008, 11:28:38 PM
I was a bit disappointed with their representations of Eden. Instead of the large white satellite with the glowing eye they referred to the obelisk it released as Eden itself (although, maybe it is, and the other satellite is just some kind of attachment thing). The docking bay looked the same as Elysium's, and the control room's design was a little bit bland.

I think that in a way, both are Eden. The monolith seems to be a vital aspect of the entire station's function. As Juno says in NxC, it's an armed space fortress/sattelite weapon, the monolith however actually almost touches down to the ground. All the same, Juno does hint that the terms aren't entirely accurate. He also speaks of "10 000" workers that somehow are supposed to fit inside of Eden and Juno speaks of "optimum altitude." Some times he seems to use Eden to refer to the white structure, other times to the monolith. I suppose you could say the monolith is simply a detached part of the whole that is Eden.

My personal theory about Eden is just that it's some sort of satellite cannon that uses the monolith as a means to channel the effects of the attack. Like light falling on a prism.

Which remind me, it seems there are more than one of those monoliths in the world of DASH, and of differring shapes and sizes.

This was shown on Calbania Island in the second game:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d108/molly224400/screen-48.jpg

compare that with:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d108/molly224400/screen-84.jpg

and it seems there exists an implication that Calbania once suffered reinitialization by an Eden-like structure. Which would explain what happened to the civilization the Master showed to Trigger to the point of Glyde's base being established there.  Of particular note, though, is that the repeated wipe-outs of Kattelox never left behind an ancient monolith such as that. I would reckon that Calbania island's population was killed but someone like Trigger succeeded in taking out the monolith despite the heavy casualties.

Offline Aile

• Lesser Goddess of ROCK-ON... and RPM
  • Net Navi
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: November 13, 2008, 12:33:53 AM
I'm hoping someone will get the hint what with all the attention TransGen is getting over the NamcoXCapcom english patch, and maybe bring the game over.

But, then again, it's probably just a hopeless dream... like wishing Square would bring over Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2)...

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: November 13, 2008, 12:41:41 AM
The huge problem lies with who gets the most cash out of it. Since Bandai and Namco joined, odds are they're going to demand most of the profits or want to publish the game, where Capcom wants in on it too.

There's also rumors going around that the game sold like crap in Japan, making it's US appearance much less likely.

I just wish I had a Japanese PS2, then any game that comes out exclusively in Japan I can play  :|

Offline Protodude

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Protodude's Rockman Corner
Reply #20 on: November 13, 2008, 05:41:25 AM
There's also rumors going around that the game sold like crap in Japan, making it's US appearance much less likely.

I believe I read somewhere it moved 10,000-20,000 units in life time sales. What a shame.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: November 13, 2008, 06:08:49 AM
I believe I read somewhere it moved 10,000-20,000 units in life time sales. What a shame.