From the man who bought you Dead or Alive and the modern Ninja Gaiden...

HokutoNoBen · 1139

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Comes Devil's Third for PS3 and 360.

Quote from: Kotaku interview
Famed video game designer Tomonobu Itagaki and his select group of creative warriors at Valhalla Game Studios are making a new game, Devil's Third, a hyper-violent shooter for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Valhalla Game Studios is allying with publisher THQ to bring its newest action game to consoles, an original effort that Itagaki says is designed to be more fun and accessible, place a major emphasis on shooting—along with "deep melee and fighting systems"— and boast a robust multiplayer component.

The former members of Team Ninja, responsible for the fighting game series Dead or Alive and high-speed action game Ninja Gaiden, are crafting what Itagaki describes as a "breakthrough for the shooting genre." Valhalla's goal in crafting Devil's Third, Itagaki says, is to develop a shooter with a more "direct feeling of killing" your opponents.

"In looking at real combat, close combat has a more visceral bloody feel to it. I want to get more of that close combat feel in [Devil's Third]," Itagaki told Kotaku in a recent interview, the table full of Valhalla's top staff. Itagaki himself was without his trademark shades, wearing a new silver ring in the shape of the Valhalla Game Studios logo.

"It's not taking a hack and slash game and tacking on some ranged weapon combat. We feel we have a lot to learn as we make this, but we also feel confident in our experience and the fundamental elements of head-to-head competition in [our previous] games."

- read more here

Video here.

So, what do I think? Looks quite interesting, and it's still quite early (at about 5-10%), so it could stand to look quite better. And Valhalla promises that SP will get as much attention as MP.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Well, the phrase "hyper-violent shooter" caught my eye, as I do so love me the hyper-violence!   8D