Is the Rockman World series truly dead?

Dexter Dexter · 8939

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I was born with this face...
    • View Profile
on: November 17, 2009, 05:08:14 PM
I have searched for rumors of a new Rockman World game, but it seems that no one wants to see such a game. Again I ask: Is the Rockman World series truly dead? Or will there be a new addition to the series?

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 05:14:17 PM
We were hoping that Mega Man Mania would have number 6 as one unlockable game. It was cancelled... >U<

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 05:16:51 PM
I also wanted to ask if there was potentially going to be such a game for DSiWare, one that looks as if it were for the original GB... which happened to be the only reason I bought a DSi...

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 05:18:26 PM
Despite wanting a new entry, you have to admit that World 5 is a pretty hard game to beat in terms of originality.
Plus, I find the charm of the World series to be due to it being on the Gameboy/Colour, and since that's not in the main line of money though anymore...
UNLESS they intend to make a remake on the DS/DSi... I really cannot see it coming.
Oh, and that compilation collection of all 5 games, that would be a nice thing to come out... If ever.

EDIT: Yeah, Mega Man Mania.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 05:19:55 PM
I'd love to have a full color DSiWare game. o>v<o

A complete new set of droids, borrowed from a set element.
It doesn't have to be the Stardroids again, but they could come back somehow. ^^

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 05:21:34 PM
So... you're saying that a Rockman World on the DSi could NOT be a possible occurrence...  '>.>
What I was hoping for in such a game was 8 new Robot Masters whose names did not end with... y'know, and some features of Mega Man 9 and the most recent Rockman World games, like IV and V.

I also heard something about Capcom's budget gap being the reason that I have not heard rumors for a new Rockman world game... Has this been confirmed?

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 05:27:56 PM
Well, we might have to wait for close to a decade, like in the case for MM9, but then again, I think it's overdue now.

AS for Robot Masters... Well...
There's the constellations, though SAR has done that...
Well, there's the 12 animals of the chinese zodiac I guess...

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 05:28:42 PM

Listen Capcom! There's your concept right there~ >0<

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 17, 2009, 05:32:29 PM
Speaking of which, I have yet to scan in my RM concepts for the 12 zodiac animals... >U<

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 17, 2009, 05:40:39 PM
Would it be the same if you can't play it on a grey, brick-shaped Gameboy?

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: November 17, 2009, 05:50:27 PM
I was thinking more like wind names, like the tramontana, levanter, sirocco, etc. Look it up if you don't know what I'm talking about. Or, how about names of the Norse gods?

Another good concept would be the same eight Robot Masters from Mega Man 9 with a new Rockman Killer...

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #11 on: November 17, 2009, 06:12:30 PM
I wouldn't mind a new Rockman side game with the 12 Zodiac animals.  I really like the Zodiac.

But a new Rockman World game?  It's been a long time since 1994.  Maybe the main series has some life in it, bit I think it's safe to call this side series dead. 

The rumors you're thinking of stem from what might have been on that old Mega Man Mania game, as they said there was six games on it and not five.  But that sixth game might have been Rockboard for all we know.  Or just a mistake on the magazine's part. 

Offline Cherrykorock

• Dr Light's other creation
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Zero can divide by Zero.
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: November 18, 2009, 09:38:22 PM
I love the Rockman World games as well so I understand your desire for a new one.
They were all pretty good games and 4 and 5 were amazing. However I feel it would take a giant miracle for a Rockman World 6. =\

It is such a shame I really liked how those games played....

Offline OmegaZ

• Knows a hot
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Mmmmmm, Coffah.
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: November 19, 2009, 03:05:38 AM
AS for Robot Masters... Well...
There's the constellations, though SAR has done that...

Hey, we have a thread about rejected robot masters, we could use that :P

Something weird happened to my banner, please wait while I find a new one.

*Elevator music starts playing*

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: November 19, 2009, 11:08:57 AM
Did no one mention that RockMan Strategy did a Zodiac theme?  Maybe that game's bosses could return.

Offline Rockman7

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: November 20, 2009, 07:58:03 AM
I also believe that would be really interesting a new Rockman World game featuring some bosses which they never used from the previous Rockman World games. But, unfortunatelly, Capcom cared too much about making Rockman Zero than porting a new Rockman World or Rockman X Cyber Missions for gameboy advance which is really a shame.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: November 20, 2009, 02:16:06 PM
There's absolutely no relation between Rockman Zero and the Rockman World series. Capcom didn't make Rockman Zero.

Offline Rockman7

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: November 20, 2009, 05:07:46 PM
There's absolutely no relation between Rockman Zero and the Rockman World series. Capcom didn't make Rockman Zero.
It´s not a matter of relation, but the fact the studios got too much busy working on the Zero series. It´s weird saying Capcom doesn´t make Rockman Zero, because they have the copyrights for the series.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: November 20, 2009, 05:18:09 PM
It´s not a matter of relation, but the fact the studios got too much busy working on the Zero series. It´s weird saying Capcom doesn´t make Rockman Zero, because they have the copyrights for the series.
Once again, they do nt make the game. they own it and the characters, but Inti makes the actual game.
plus why would they port it? the thought probably never even crossed their mind. especially since the Zero series was in like, what, 02, and the last world game was '94?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline marshmallow man

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: November 24, 2009, 12:30:46 AM
World 5 was excellent and a worthy ending to the sub-series. If they wanted to do another sub-series title, I'd rather they just come up with a different title. If the battles are going to be in space like the World series always wound up, how about calling them Rockman Cosmos, Rockman Galaxy or Rockman Universe or something instead? Shooting Star Rockman is already taken, but something along those lines. Ryuusei would probably see some kind of cameo in it anyhow.

Offline BaconMan

• Robot Master
  • Get Equipped With Bacon Slice
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: December 05, 2009, 12:30:35 AM
Well, since the entire point of RMW was to adapt MegaMan action for a smaller screen size and lower processing power, and even cellphones now support Rockman 1 & 2, I think it's safe to say, apart from porting the original RMW games for kicks maybe, it very much IS dead. In fact, the closest thing I see to RMW ports is adapting the general level structures and bosses to full-screen or widescreen gameplay, now.

Offline Sky

• massive idiot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • for kids
    • View Profile
    • art blog
Reply #21 on: December 05, 2009, 12:33:41 AM

squemp