Nekomata · 86842

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #100 on: August 25, 2010, 01:41:59 PM
Oh God... I love this mash-up.

Also, Patchy is like, my favorite Touhoe. Therefore, this is like hundred times more awesome for me.

Me too. Patchouli's my personal favorite of all the Touhou characters because she looks so adorable. (She's probably one of the few lolis that I like to be busty) Plus she's a powerful magician, which sorta makes up for her weak physical strength. >w<

Well, back to playing Labyrinth of Touhou Special Disc...
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 01:24:29 AM by ViperAcidZX »

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #101 on: August 25, 2010, 04:06:41 PM
(She's probably one of the few lolis that I like to be busty)[/size]
Amen, brother.

Offline Irgendein

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #102 on: August 25, 2010, 11:32:56 PM
Yumemi and Shinki all the way for me :v
also in response to that Patchu the Rappa thing last page:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HlgDj-dQpY[/youtube]

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #103 on: August 25, 2010, 11:41:12 PM
Looks like the Patchou 'Da Rappa track featuring China was a hit eh? she definately has a future outside of Gensokyo.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #104 on: September 22, 2010, 04:02:41 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLiyglcRcCA&fmt=18[/youtube]

One of the many, MANY reasons why I desperately need a Windows 7 PC of my own.

Posted on: August 26, 2010, 04:55:37 PM
I got my hands on Touhou 01 - 05 for Anex86 (PC-98 emulator). Score! And guess I found at DoujinStyle. A fan-made clone of I Wanna Be the Guy except with Reimu by the staff at DoujinStyle. Like IWBTG, its freeware but its in beta right now.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOSq6VVJT3I[/youtube]

Download I Wanna be the Shrine Maiden (v1.06 beta)

Posted on: September 04, 2010, 11:03:21 PM
Sorry to bump this thread again, but Gensokyo.org recently announced that the English patch for Touhou 12.8 ~ Fairy Wars was released if anyone hasn't caught wind of it yet. Check it!

But unfortunately, thanks to recent unfortunate events involving my brother's computer, my family are being Nazis about me DL'ing PC doujins, so I won't be able to play Touhou (let alone any PC games) anymore... :<
Probably not until I get my own computer, but when the [tornado fang] is that going to happen...

Posted on: September 15, 2010, 03:24:50 PM
I just got word from DoujinStyle that Frontier Aja, the doujin circle behind Koumajou Densetsu: Scarlet Symphony, are going to make a sequel called Koumajou Densetsu II (correct me if I'm wrong) for Retaisai SP. It looks like Sakuya is going to be playable along with Hong Meiling as a support character, along with some new faces appearing in this installment of the series. Here's some pics for you.

Ah, zombies. Always the standard of Castlevania games...

Skeleton soldiers and bats..

Annoying fairy maids in your way? Slash 'em with you knife!

Crissaegrim anyone?

CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN~!

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: September 24, 2010, 04:36:23 PM
Those Touhouvanias look fine. I'd like to play them one day.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: September 24, 2010, 04:44:44 PM
The first one was fun...the bosses were ... well..I didn't think I would ever see Bullet hell in a CV styled Game....
Anime Tenchou and Touhou?..Not sure what to think of that

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: November 26, 2010, 03:42:21 AM
Those Touhouvanias look fine. I'd like to play them one day.

If downloading doujins off the internet is not problem with you, I could lend a hand in that department.

Posted on: September 24, 2010, 03:54:29 PM
We got a gameplay footage of Koumajou Densetsu II's web trial. Have a look.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IG_672A_UI&fmt=18[/youtube]

Posted on: October 05, 2010, 06:33:16 PM
Frontier Aja recently released the demo of Koumajou Densetsu II.

Download from jsharer | Mediafire

Posted on: October 17, 2010, 06:40:33 PM
So I played the demo, and here's my impression of the sequel...

For starters, its still the stage-by-stage gameplay like the first game (or the earlier Castlevania games), but it kinda feels like running through the stages like Alucard from Symphony of the Night since Sakuya is using a knive to strike down her enemies instead of a whip that Reimu Belmont uses. Unlike Reimu, Sakuya's ↑ +Attack move is not as useless as Reimu's amulets projectiles and does some quick damage, albeit short-ranged. In the demo, Sakuya can use Hong Meiling as an assist character (akin to Marisa and Cirno in the first game) to attack air-borne enemies, throwing knives, and her pocket watch to stop / slow time. Sakuya can also backstep and follow it up with a quick knife attack, jump kick to kick and bounce off enemies (think of the Leap Stone from Symphony of the Night or similar ability sans the double-jump), and a very limited hovering ability that eats up her MP (?).

The demo is only one stage long, but the length of the stage is decent, there's bigger areas to traverse and some tricky platforming to get with it. The enemies ranges from similar enemies from Castlevania (zombies, bats, skeletons, etc. ) to sword-wielding, spear-wielding, ax-throwing, bullet-spitting fairy maids from the first game. And the some enemies and bosses can STILL land unfair critical-hits at you. Ouch. And Chen is no pushover (at least from my experience).

The demo is at the Mediafire link, but I found out that you'll need AppLocale or change the Unicode settings to Japanese to play the demo, or else you'll get a black screen when the game starts up.

Posted on: November 02, 2010, 08:24:38 PM
Adding more to this wall of texts and pics, Frontier Aja released the opening cinematic of Koumajou Densetsu II, and it looks pretty sweet. I've got it uploaded to my YouTube (sorry if the video quality sucks).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIs4T3Sc-rc[/youtube]

In case anyone's wondering who the voice actors are, I've got the list right here (thanks overlord_laharl):

-Sakuya: Miyuki Sawashiro
-Remilia: Eri Kitamura
-Patchouli:Noriko Rikimaru
-Flandre: Juri Aikawa
-Hong Meilin: Satomi Satou
-Reimu Hakurei: Rina Satou
-Marisa Kirisame: Ryoko Shintani
-Alice Margatroid: Haruka Tomatsu
-Yukari Yakumo: Aya Endo
-Yuyuko Saigyouji: Hekiru Shiina
-Youmu Kompaku: Ryou Hirohashi
-Ran Yakumo: Yu Kobayashi
-Chen: Ryoko Shintani (same as Marisa)
-Komachi Onozuka: Haruka Tomatsu (same as Alice)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 05:44:28 AM by Mr. P. Pretentious »

Offline Ephidiel

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #109 on: November 28, 2010, 01:20:37 AM
makes me want to play the first game
too bad i don't have it ;___;

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #110 on: November 28, 2010, 10:45:15 PM
makes me want to play the first game
too bad i don't have it ;___;

You can buy the game at DLsite for $21.30 bucks like Rosenkreuzstilette and cloudphobia.

Here's the link buy it (site contains NSFW products if you snoop around anywhere else other than this page): [link]
The trial version: [link]

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #111 on: November 29, 2010, 05:47:01 AM
So this Touhou Castlevania-like game is fanmade correct? I really need to start playing the games, I'm getting more interested. It would be nice to make a my own fangame version of the series if I could, but I'm swamped with work and college to even work on my RPG project.

Touhou RPG: Defiant of Shrine Maiden
[youtube]0YhMppwo4Q0[/youtube]

I wonder where the people find these sprites? Are they from the official games ZUN made or made by fans? I'm amazed by the level of detail.
Also what's the name of the opening song? I know I heard it somewhere from a Touhou-related video, is it from the series as well?

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Lilirulu

• Biometal Y
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "NO DICE"
    • View Profile
Reply #112 on: November 29, 2010, 06:04:05 AM
So this Touhou Castlevania-like game is fanmade correct? I really need to start playing the games, I'm getting more interested. It would be nice to make a my own fangame version of the series if I could, but I'm swamped with work and college to even work on my RPG project.

Touhou RPG: Defiant of Shrine Maiden
*video removed*

I wonder where the people find these sprites? Are they from the official games ZUN made or made by fans? I'm amazed by the level of detail.
Also what's the name of the opening song? I know I heard it somewhere from a Touhou-related video, is it from the series as well?

Touhou Castlevania is fanmade, and so is the game that you linked too. You may be able to find the sprites somewhere by searching for them.

Edit: From what I have seen of the game (I've read nothing on it) it seems really weird....

"Sumo Wrestlers are sexy by DEFAULT!"-[DA]-[SA]-[Pixiv]

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #113 on: November 29, 2010, 06:55:35 AM
Thought so, looked really professional though. Thank you for replying.

Anyway what's the name of the song in the video I posted above?

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project

Offline Lilirulu

• Biometal Y
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "NO DICE"
    • View Profile
Reply #114 on: November 29, 2010, 04:58:01 PM
Thought so, looked really professional though. Thank you for replying.

Anyway what's the name of the song in the video I posted above?

There is ALOT of professional looking touhou stuff. Manly becuase there selling the stuff so it has to look its best :p

Ironically, the art in the official games (non-fighter/fairy wars games) doesn't look so professional, and Zun is a Professional~

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB0D55lR2cQ[/youtube]

There is opening :) Can't find the title thought. ;o;

"Sumo Wrestlers are sexy by DEFAULT!"-[DA]-[SA]-[Pixiv]

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #115 on: November 29, 2010, 06:54:51 PM
Well, Zun is more of a composer than artist...though his art did improve a little.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #116 on: November 29, 2010, 07:24:46 PM
Thank you for posting the video! ^_^
I really like the song!

These series is really cool, so should I start with the official Touhou games or fanmade ones?

I'm not sure which Touhou character is my favorite, but I do like both Reisen and Sakuya... does that mean I have a bunny-girl and maid fetish? :\

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #117 on: November 29, 2010, 07:32:53 PM
These series is really cool, so should I start with the official Touhou games or fanmade ones?

I'm not sure which Touhou character is my favorite, but I do like both Reisen and Sakuya... does that mean I have a bunny-girl and maid fetish? :\
That really depends. The official ones are bullet hell top down shooter games, and some fighting games. Fanmade games rage from platformers to RPGs..so it's really just what you preffer more.

And yes, it means exactly that :P

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #118 on: November 29, 2010, 11:39:14 PM
I've got the list of non-official Touhou game from the Touhou Wiki here. I'll highlight a few of the good ones (some I played a little) here.

-Seihou-
Seihou are a series of Touhou-inspired shoot 'em ups but instead of numerous, screen-filling bullets, Seihou uses fewer but faster bullet attacks. Some of these games ZUN actually worked on.
  • 秋霜玉 (Shuusou Gyoku) - First entry of the Seihou games. Features some art and music by ZUN.
  • 五月雨 ~Samidare~ - A shooter where you use a shield to protect yourself from bullets and use the energy to fire hyper shots (akin to SITER SKAIN's RefleX / Ysuer's Reflection). It's pretty short, but the Ex-Stages does make up for the length. Only Seihou in spirit.

-Platforming-

-Role Playing Game-
  • 東方冥異伝 (Touhou Maiden) - A pretty standard RPG game according to the wiki.
  • Touhou Pocket Wars, Touhou Pocket Wars Evolution, and Touhou Pocket Wars Evolution Plus - I haven't played this one, but I hear they're pretty good RPG series. It is a Strategy RPG series based around the Gashapon figures. Pocket Wars Evolution is actually a sequel to the original Pocket Wars game while Evolution Plus the sequel's expansion pack.
  • Labyrinth of Touhou, Labyrinth of Touhou Plus Disc, and Labyrinth of Touhou Special Disc - A Touhou dungeon crawler clone of Etrian Odyssey. You explore a huge 20-floor dungeon (30 with the Plus Disc and Special Disc re-release), fighting monsters while recruiting various characters from the Touhou series into you fighting team. Emphasis in this game is team management and using each character's unique (and fixed) skills and abilities. Various references to RPG games, danmaku shooters like Deathsmiles, anime, and tons of bosses in this game. Labyrinth of Touhou and Plus Disc were the original releases of the game, the latter being an expansion pack. Special Disc is a re-release of the original game + expansion pack with extra bug fixes, features a remixed soundtrack of Touhou music, and the game allows custom character portraits (yes, you can even change Reimu to KOS-MOS if you wanted to).
  • The Genius of Sappheiros - A SaGa-esque Console RPG game by Strawberry Bose. The game goes into a stage-by-stage progression like the official games and each stage have their dungeons and enemies to tackle. I hope an English patch for this game gets released though.

-Strategy-
  • PatchCon! Defend the Library! - A Touhou Real-time Strategy by Twilight Frontier where you defend Patchouli's library from oncoming attackers who wants to steal her books.

And here's more Touhou vids for your viewing pleasure: a badass version of Flowering Night, Sakuya's theme from PoFV and Sakuya giving China Hong Meiling random haircut styles.

https://youtube.com/devicesupport

https://youtube.com/devicesupport
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 01:44:20 AM by ViperAcidZX »

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #119 on: November 30, 2010, 05:46:06 AM
Damn! That's a lot of games! Where do I start! 8)

I do love RPG games, but I also Platforming and Fighting games as well.
So many to choose from!

By the way what would people think if there was a Touhou Action RPG game? Jumping, shooting, etc.?
I think that would be awesome!

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #120 on: November 30, 2010, 06:48:42 AM
For platformers, definitely recommending New Super Marisa Land since its more of traditional Mario clone and the art is - dare I say it - adorable. F.Y.I. the artist who worked on New Super Marisa Land is an H-doujin artist like WOMI with Rosenkreuzstilette. MarisaLa (just so I don't confuse anyone between this and New Super Marisa Land) is not a bad game, but it is just endlessly going through levels. MegaMari is painfully difficult, Touhou + MegaMan don't mix well with me, but controlling two different characters with their own weapon set is an interesting twist. It's not a bad game, but it is BRUTAL. Koumajou Densetsu just makes the old Castlevania game even harder. It's challenging and it pretty hard. I couldn't go into the second half of the game without getting slaughtered, but thankfully it does have a save function so you can pick up from the last stage you're on. I have to look into Sanae Challenge! sometime.

For fighting, there's only the official fighting games from Twilight Frontier. Immaterial and Missing Power does a pretty complex fighting system that I had to watch a tutorial on it (here's the video) and yet I couldn't perform any good combos. In the Story Mode, you have to defeat your opponent more than once since they use Spellcards like the shooting games. There's no official online play for IaMP, but there is program for it called CowCaster that gets you online play although I don't use it myself. Scarlet Weather Rhapsody and the expansion pack Hisoutensoko's fighting system is different from IaMP; the combo system is more simplified and you can collect Spellcards that can alter your moveset and power up your characters (almost like the BLEACH DS fighting game but not as noobish with the power ups). SWR and Soko have (official) online play, too. Patchy was always my main in these games.

Now for RPGs, I'd recommend Labyrinth of Touhou Special Disc and Pocket Wars since there's English patches for those games (although I'm not sure about Pocket Wars Evo Plus). Labyrinth of Touhou's gameplay is focused on team management to ensure you teams TP does not run out during dungeon excursions, but the game does allow you to decide how to develop your character stats by spending Skill Points and level bonuses into their stats (do NOT use it on Evade since a programing flaw broke this stat and rendered useless). There's also a HUGE roster of Touhou characters to choose from, if you can get them to join you that is. I can't say anything on Pocket Wars since I never played them.

I did stumble on this:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVCLP-fYaZ4[/youtube]

Not sure its an Action RPG though.

Offline Ephidiel

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #121 on: November 30, 2010, 08:26:48 AM
You can buy the game at DLsite for $21.30 bucks like Rosenkreuzstilette and cloudphobia.

Here's the link buy it (site contains NSFW products if you snoop around anywhere else other than this page): [link]
The trial version: [link]
to bad this site doesn't seem to use paypal for a payment method
can't but stuff there then

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #122 on: December 02, 2010, 12:25:53 AM
to bad this site doesn't seem to use paypal for a payment method
can't but stuff there then
Try talking to TDOMMX or TrickMasterMint, maybe they know how to buy games from DLsite.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #123 on: December 02, 2010, 06:46:17 AM
Is there a tutorial to install Japanese Unicode settings in Vista? The format's a little different so I'm having a little trouble understanding what needs to be done since I need to go to the Language Advanced Setting which I have no idea to access in Vista.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #124 on: December 02, 2010, 03:11:57 PM
Is there a tutorial to install Japanese Unicode settings in Vista? The format's a little different so I'm having a little trouble understanding what needs to be done since I need to go to the Language Advanced Setting which I have no idea to access in Vista.

Yes there is, my friend.