Star Wars Blu Ray is out!

Waifu · 15986

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
on: September 16, 2011, 11:09:19 PM
For Star Wars haters....I mean fans, the blu ray is out.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44491069?GT1=43001

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 11:28:11 PM
Might as well be me posting these:

To those who don't know, these are the new changes good ol' Uncle Lucas made to our beloved films.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0EUjobdavw[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=iv&src_vid=J0EUjobdavw&v=27RVJJfny4I&annotation_id=annotation_900451[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_916826&v=RnLgh3dudSk&feature=iv&src_vid=27RVJJfny4I[/youtube]

There's also a clip of Sebulba (or someone like him I dunno) in Jabba's Palace, and a few changes with the prequel trilogy, but who cares, really?

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 12:53:10 AM
This contains all six movies, right?

In the latest "updated" version, right?

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 01:11:48 AM
I've seen two packs on sale, one with each trilogy, each costing about 45 euros.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 03:56:34 AM
I know of the changes and I have no intention of buying the BluRays simply because I don't have a BluRay player.  Hell, most of Wookieepedia are vehemently opposed to the changes.  A few are buying the BluRays because we need screenshots and whatever information the extra features may hold, and if I had a BluRay player and an extra $80 to burn, I would consider buying them for that purpose, too.

I'm happy with my stereo-sound half-assed release of the theatrical versions.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 03:59:10 AM
Eh, pass. I already have them all already and I'm quuuiiite happy with my unaltered films (Well, maybe except Jedi, but that was INTENTIONAL, he wanted to do that since the conception of the scene, and the DVD version of A New Hope and Empire is just well, the DVD versions of the special edition anyway).

George, if you need money so badly, why put it to good use and fix yer carazeh neck?

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 04:18:23 AM
You know how much of a killing he would make if he would just give us nice unaltered releases?  Fans are clamoring for it, give the fans what they want instead of having a love affair with AfterEffects!

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #7 on: September 17, 2011, 04:24:00 AM
Bah, you have no idea. I stopped Star-Wars re-release purchases after the DVDs. I'm not getting them on blu-ray since he practically, anally raped the origional trilogy.

Speaking of which, I'd like to know if there was ever a re-release, George would INSIST raping the Family Guy parody trilogy. Just you bet.

Begun, the fan wars has.

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #8 on: September 17, 2011, 05:25:19 AM
One of these days, some fan is gonna be pushed too far and they'll go ballistic.

As for the Family Guy or Robot Chicken parodies; Lucas wouldn't touch those.  No, he's too content with reworking his own stuff over and over to meet this so-called "original vision" that he claims he has (which, he does not.  He's pulling [parasitic bomb] out of his ass now).  He'd much rather replace all the model and puppetry and good, tangible special effects with CGI, and add Vader's "NOOOOO!" to the ending of RotJ for whatever ass-[tornado fang] reason.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 17, 2011, 05:34:00 AM
He'd much rather replace all the model and puppetry and good, tangible special effects with CGI, and add Vader's "NOOOOO!" to the ending of RotJ for whatever ass-[tornado fang] reason.

Is that only the blu-ray alteration? Maybe I could just stick with the DVDs, but at the same time, I do want to see the picture quality remastered.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #10 on: September 17, 2011, 05:41:45 AM
No, there's a ton of other piddly changes, most of which were already described above.  Such as the pointless Dug in Jabba's palace, complete with lousy pan-and-scan, some rocks added to Artoo's hiding place in ANH for whatever pointless reason (we'll ignore how the [tornado fang] he was able to get INTO that crevice), more tweaks to the Han and Greedo scene, tweaks to Obi-Wan's krayt dragon yell, the list goes on and on and on and on...

People are more up in arms about the "NOOOOO" added to when Vader chucked Palpatine down the shaft.

Offline slayer

• War-Pig
  • Robot Master
  • Mavericks are for pussies...real men kill Aliens
    • View Profile
    • MY fan thingys , help me overcome my fear to show my draws please
Reply #11 on: September 17, 2011, 05:44:28 AM
oh boy...another chapter in the eternal war...who shot first? han or grido??!

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #12 on: September 17, 2011, 05:46:38 AM
According to the BluRay tweak, it's the same exact time.  :|

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: September 17, 2011, 05:57:04 AM
Holy hell. I'm not a big Star Wars fan, but hearing all of this gets me irritated. Lucas must be on some Hollywood pot.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #14 on: September 17, 2011, 06:01:14 AM
According to the BluRay tweak, it's the same exact time.  :|

NOW THEY SHOOT AT THE SAME TIME!? ILLOGICAL. Han Shot First, so there. Also, Little R2 was able to squeeze through the original hole by his incredible hoverjets and carefully maneuvering himself into the crevice.

Holy hell. I'm not a big Star Wars fan, but hearing all of this gets me irritated. Lucas must be on some Hollywood pot.

Not just Lucas, almost everyone else does some kind a drug in that shady business..  -_-

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: September 17, 2011, 06:15:30 AM
Lucas can go [tornado fang] himself.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: September 17, 2011, 06:40:06 AM
I still haven't seen the changes from the DVD Special Edition (last I watched original trilogy was the VHS Trilogy box), so I don't think I'm in any hurry.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #17 on: September 17, 2011, 06:43:05 AM
Just a minor change in Jedi's ending on the DVD is that Anikin's actor is replaced with Hayden Christensen for when his force ghost appears.

Well, for me that is. It's so minor it's barely noticeable.  :\

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: September 17, 2011, 06:48:29 AM
Sounds... reasonable, I guess

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: September 17, 2011, 06:49:56 AM
George Lucas and his never ending battle with the Star Wars details...
more changes? I wonder how many times hes going to keep doing these... (dont answer that, it was rhetorical)

In other news; Steven Spielberg apologized for changes he himself made to ET, when he replaced Govt. Agent guns with walkie talkies. And almost sorta admitted Crystal Skull sucked.

Like a polar opposite of Lucas now almost. One makes constant changes, one apologized for them. One thought crystal skull was a good Idea, the other seems to have some feelings about it and was resistant about Lucas' ideas for it.

Thing is, Lucas really doesnt care much about the criticism he gets on Star Wars. He just calls it his vision and keeps rolling, "not surprised" at some of the receptions.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: September 17, 2011, 06:51:34 AM
It's really amazing how sickening I find these changes. More and more I really question just how much Lucas actually had to do with making the original trilogy any good, because with the prequels plus all these little tweaks and [parasitic bomb], it's painfully obvious that he doesn't know how to tell a story. Character Arcs? Unnecessary! Connecting Plots? Pointless! Conveying meaning without saying a word? Pfffft, [tornado fang] that noise! Like Pinkett said when discussing the opening of the original movie, it's so brilliant that I truly believe Lucas had nothing to do with it and fought against its inclusion in the movie.

What's truly disgusting is that he really believes he is doing you a favor with these changes. Otherwise, the original original movies would be released. Releasing the originals would only get him more money, so there's no reason not to do it other than the fact that they are not the, and I say this while laughing, "story" HE wants to tell.

Thing is, Lucas really doesnt care much about the criticism he gets on Star Wars. He just calls it his vision and keeps rolling, "not surprised" at some of the receptions.

Would you really care if the majority of people critiquing your work still bought it in droves?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: September 17, 2011, 06:53:37 AM
Yeah. Probably not. :P

Also, the inclusion of NOOOOO in the Vader redemption scene kills me. The original was so damn intense, I mean, Vader doesnt even have a [tornado fang]ing FACE, its just a still mask, but you could STILL see emotion and turmoil within him, and the "DONT TOUCH MY [tornado fang]ing SON" written all over him when he tossed Palpatine.

THAT was good storytelling. When you dont need to say a word or really even show expression to tell the tale.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: September 17, 2011, 06:58:28 AM
You know, if Lucas is going to change every little thing about Star Wars, he should go back and make The Phantom Menace into a decent movie. I don't think too many fans would mind that (at least, I hope).

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: September 17, 2011, 06:59:38 AM
He probably feels they are perfect as is. :P

After all, they pretty much sort of started his "vision" of how to "improve" Star Wars. He felt Star Wars needed a prequel story. One that tells of how Vader became Vader. so its like, "Ok,... Its not really necessary, we already know all there needs to be known about him, and the mystery about what we dnt know only fuels the imagination, but ok, ill roll with it."

Then we get the prequels... And its like "what..."

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #24 on: September 17, 2011, 07:00:33 AM
And almost sorta admitted Crystal Skull sucked.

Though, the Fridge scene was a so bad it's good moment for me. Sure, the 'Cheif can carry 5 guns but can he survive a nuke in a fridge? Harrison's indestructable, he was able to resist being frozen to death in carbonite, and he's able to survive a nuke in a [tornado fang]ing fridge. He's a real badass there. :\

I Character Arcs? Unnecessary! Connecting Plots? Pointless! Conveying meaning without saying a word? Pfffft, [tornado fang] that noise!

Yeesh, now I can completely say that Star Wars has become a shonen (or soujo, depends on one's viewpoint) anime. It used to be GOOD, but over the years it became so bad that it makes a pile of [parasitic bomb] cry bricks.