Konro Man's Diary. Another possible Bridge to the X series?

TGCF · 2292

Offline TGCF

• Cyberelf
  • Trying to be a Mega Man Nerd
    • View Profile
I was browsing through Mega Man stuff, until I came across this:
https://hondoori.wordpress.com/scripts-and-localizations/rockman-series/rockman-forte-wonderswan/

Now it may seem like another translation for the Rockman and Forte Wonderswan game, but the reason why I brought it up is because the person who translated this also translated Konro Man's diary, which brings up a very interesting thing.

December 19th, 21XX
As I was about to be disposed as a failure, Rockman Shadow saved me.
Then, I joined as a member of the Dimensions.
The dimensions are a collection of high sense robots (starting with me).

December 20th, 21XX
Rockman Shadow destroyed the world.
Rockman Shadow’s jackhammer truly possesses impressive capabilities to be proud of.

December 21st, 21XX
I’m going to the past together with Rockman Shadow.
It seems the Clockmen can manipulate time.

Instead of these future events in 20XX, it's actually in 21XX, closer to the X series than the classic series. If we look into the mini-boss bio of the Old Robot in X2;
Old Robot
Combat robot used in wars of the past. Heavily armored, attacks were once
useless on this invincible robot, but with the end of the wars, it was turned
to scrap.
This implies that a war broke through between the X and Classic series. (More info on Zan's topic of bridging the two series: http://forum.rockmanpm.com/index.php?topic=7297.msg430689#msg430689 )
If we include the Wonderswan game into the official canon, this means that Rockman Shadow and the Dimensions may have beem apart, or even started the war.

Any thoughts?

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 01:11:15 PM
I've never heard of Konro Man's diary before. Is it in the manual? The game itself? Surprised to see a 20XX date for RnF:CftF when the intro used 200X. Must have been a typo.

Rockman Shadow and the Dimensions may have been apart, or even started the war.

Only if R. Shadow was present prior to the X-series, what with time-travel and whatnot.

In my initial interpretation those old robots were used by humans against humans, but who knows. The people of 21XX never seemed familiar with recent machine sentience, let alone the concept of irregulars. However, the implied time frame of late 20XX to early 21XX (before X) does correspond nicely.

Any thoughts?

I'm reminded that beamsabers are not a technology that exists in 20XX. They're a 21XX product. And R. Shadow clearly has one.