Rockman 7/8 FC (Spoilers)

Diggeh · 293538

Offline Afro-Shroom

• King of the N00bs
  • Master's Unit
  • DWII's Lab Expirement Verifier
    • View Profile
Reply #350 on: January 02, 2010, 09:24:43 PM
Everyone play the newest demo pws. Grenade, Frost and Tengu are available so far and it is hard.

Boy they sure are, got my ass handed to me by Gernademan's miniboss. Looks like I'm still a little rusty.  -u-'

"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning grip tells me to defeat you! Take this! My love, my anger, and all of my sorrow! Shining Finger!!~ "

"This hand of mine is burning red! It's loud roar tells me to grasp victory! Erupting...Burning...FINGER!!!~"
-----
That one Nun...

Offline Sapphire✧9

• ネビュラ★ブラック
  • Neo Arcadian
  • An Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #351 on: January 02, 2010, 09:38:38 PM
I think it is because of game and not you. Minibosses far more powerfull than original one and dont die quickly. While I can beat both Tenguman and Frostman, I cant even get to Grenademan.

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #352 on: January 06, 2010, 07:55:39 AM
http://loda.jp/rock8/?id=187.png
http://loda.jp/rock8/?id=190.png

looks like they're focusing on clown man now.
No idea what that japanese setence says on 190.png :(

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #353 on: January 06, 2010, 05:00:11 PM
It's a collision chart.

Remember in the original game, those two trains will rush at each other and go boom. ;o;

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #354 on: January 06, 2010, 07:40:41 PM
Look out, they're going to crash!   :O

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Will our future be good? Only the cards will tell.
    • View Profile
Reply #355 on: January 08, 2010, 10:15:04 PM
Now, some footage from Clown Man's stage:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8uW2PYcto8[/youtube]

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #356 on: January 08, 2010, 10:34:24 PM
......Thunder Clow.

Lawl.
Anyway, things that should be worked on:
Those trains arent ALWAYS angry. they only get angry when they first come out, and when they get hit with your attacks

WHOA, the section with the boxes, is WAY too easy here. I recall escaping it just by jumping to NOT be the issue in the PS version. it would WAIT till you came back down. The detection also needs to be fixed as I saw Rock also escape it by standing on the very corner of a box.

The indoors section needs to be given soem color. gray isnt that appealing. Or at least give it a Background like the PS version had.

Clownman's room is missing the electric hazard walls and his kicking you should knock you back into them.

And Finally, maybe this is just nitpicking, but the section before the miniboss shouldnt be just a door. It should be a drop down... and I miss the toys falling on you before Clownman.

Megaman when he falls through the fall boxes should probably also fall behind the box or something. Instead of just falling over the box image.
But it's a wip, So one cant be too harsh.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Sapphire✧9

• ネビュラ★ブラック
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #357 on: January 08, 2010, 11:22:34 PM
[youtube]W0Bh81etsM8[/youtube]
Footage of Grenademan from latest demo.

But hey I can beat Grenademan, Frostman and Clownman. But not Tenguman thanks to his second bubble-spike part.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #358 on: January 08, 2010, 11:52:51 PM
Flush Bomb.
I wonder how more hillarious this can get.
Hmm. good for the most part, thoug I wish they would actually show a change in the background when he explodes in.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Sapphire✧9

• ネビュラ★ブラック
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #359 on: January 09, 2010, 12:09:54 AM
But I believe that final version will be awasome.
[youtube]N59OB8PvTDc[/youtube]

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #360 on: January 09, 2010, 01:38:01 AM
But I believe that final version will be awasome.
[youtube]N59OB8PvTDc[/youtube]
If they get it just right it will.
Still dont see why they had to get rid of the shop. 9 has a shop, and so does 10, meaning that the official retros have it, then the retroremake should have it too.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #361 on: January 09, 2010, 02:28:12 AM
I'm honestly more concerned and appalled with their obsession toward ditching entire stages to uphold the retro formula.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #362 on: January 09, 2010, 02:35:20 AM
I'm honestly more concerned and appalled with their obsession toward ditching entire stages to uphold the retro formula.
Hm. I think I really have to agree with this sentiment.
Though Im pretty pissed that they are shortening Frostman's stage. Seriously. they cut it short. Right before the second Jetboard segment.

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #363 on: January 09, 2010, 02:48:10 AM
Still dont see why they had to get rid of the shop. 9 has a shop, and so does 10, meaning that the official retros have it, then the retroremake should have it too.

Given that the shop was removed for Rockman 7 FC, you do have a point.

Still, I'm appalled that Auto and Roll were entirely removed for Rockman 7 FC. What the heck? What was the point of that? -AC I mean, Auto does get an 8-bit appearance in 9 and 10...

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #364 on: January 09, 2010, 02:53:16 AM
and theres the omission of whole stages like Zan said. whats so bad about leaving them in? someone should really tell them this...

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #365 on: January 09, 2010, 03:20:56 AM
I wish they'd use my idea: Make the first level an option called "Practice" on the title screen, and make the level you're supposed to play in between the sets of four levels available after you've beaten any four levels.  RockMan 9 has set a precedent for having things happen based on the number of levels completed rather than on beating specific levels!

I wonder if I should forgive this game for breaking the rules of sprite overlapping on the NES.  It's clear to me now why you never saw swinging mallet traps in the background in NES games.

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #366 on: January 09, 2010, 03:34:10 AM
I wish they'd use my idea: Make the first level an option called "Practice" on the title screen, and make the level you're supposed to play in between the sets of four levels available after you've beaten any four levels.  RockMan 9 has set a precedent for having things happen based on the number of levels completed rather than on beating specific levels!

I've got a better idea for using missing levels:

Why not have 2 different modes? "Original", for the purists of the original version and "Classic", for those who want a more straightforward retro setup.

Of course, there's always the option of having the "Original" mode being unlockable, as a reward.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #367 on: January 09, 2010, 03:36:55 AM
Still, I'm appalled that Auto and Roll were entirely removed for Rockman 7 FC. What the heck? What was the point of that? -AC I mean, Auto does get an 8-bit appearance in 9 and 10...

Auto was in RM7FC, in the background of the destroyed lab you can see him on the ground toppled over, presumably dead. He doesn't really look any good to be honest.

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #368 on: January 09, 2010, 03:38:20 AM
Auto was in RM7FC, in the background of the destroyed lab you can see him on the ground toppled over, presumably dead. He doesn't really look any good to be honest.

Granted, but at the very least, they could have left in the photo, seen at the end of the SNES version... :|

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #369 on: February 17, 2010, 03:51:21 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz6mQrtopv8[/youtube]

amazed by the insanity of difficulty of the latest demo and...... :O

OMG, They finally put loop to the MUSIC  *o*

Here's My Facebook Account, Join the Megagirl R project http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002211482262

if you want to know my skype account, send me a PM

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #370 on: February 17, 2010, 04:21:46 AM
The coding for the Astro Crush is all wrong. You're suppose to watch for where astroman teleports to, to figure out where it's not going to strike. In this, it just comes down everywhere!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #371 on: February 17, 2010, 04:52:22 AM
seemed too easy to me. And Tornado hold is broken in this. megaman goes too far up, too quickly.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #372 on: February 17, 2010, 06:02:25 AM
I'm just happy there's an update...

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #373 on: February 17, 2010, 06:07:10 AM
The lack of shop is just plain weird though.  It won't be Megaman 8 unless it has an Arrow Shot...

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #374 on: February 17, 2010, 07:21:46 AM
It isnt 8 without the shop... :\ That made it feel very unique. Finding Bolts and choosing what you want badly enough. It isnt 8 without the special Rush calls. The team really has not learned anything from 9 and 10. (in regards to the shop I mean.)