News Round Up: August 30th - September 5

Protodude · 3244

Offline Protodude

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Protodude's Rockman Corner
on: September 05, 2009, 05:44:05 PM
Rockman DASH 2 Art/Soundtrack Pack Announced

At this year's Tokyo Game Show, Capcom will be offering a Rockman DASH 2 "special selection pack" containing a thirty-two page artbook and a mini soundtrack featuring seventeen select songs.

Following TGS, the book/CD set will go on sale at e-Capcom on October 1st for 2,000 Yen ($21.00).

Operate Shooting Star Playable At TGS

Capcom Japan reports that Rockman EXE Operate Shooting Star will be playable at the Tokyo Game Show (Sept 24th). The demo will be featured at the kid's corner on the 26th and 27th, and those who give it a whirl will get free stickers! Additionally, Capcom will host a special stage event where new OSS info will be presented.

To keep us busy till TGS, Capcom has opened up TGS Theatre where you can see a couple movies related to OSS. No gameplay unfortunately, but one of the videos offers a small sample of the game's remixed title screen theme song. A gameplay video is expected to show up sooner or later.

'Rockman Stadium' Goes Off The Air

The little known Japanese television program, Rockman Stadium, just aired their final episode last week, marking the end of a year long Shooting Star Rockman 3 promotion.

The three minute series aired on Kids Station in between commercial breaks of Ryuusei no Rockman reruns since the fall of 2008. Hosted by rising Japanese star, Kawabata Hitoshi, the program offered SSR3 tips and tricks and news concerning upcoming SSR3 related events.

No word if the show will resume in order to coincide the impending Operate Shooting Star promo campaign.

'Rockman Gigamix' Coming Soon

Hitoshi Ariga is gearing up to release a brand new comic anthology by the name of 'Rockman Gigamix.' According to his latest blog post, the book will release on September 30th, 2009 for a "bargain price." Included in his post is a mock-up of the front cover (pictured)

Japanese online store Fukkan has a pre-order page for Gigamix that describes the book as a compilation of Ariga's works from Comic Bom Bom and numerous Kodansha publications. There's even a small hint that the book might contain unreleased comics.

More Gigamix updates are expected to appear on Ariga's official blog.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 05:47:10 PM
I'm pretty sure the "new material" in Gigamix is Asteroid Blues; I hope it's a good story, if that's the case.

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 06:22:35 PM

Saw this just yesterday.  *o*

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 06:26:10 PM
OSSPATGS? Sweet. too bad I'm here, and IT's there. Oh well, at least I'll enjoy the gigamix when it releases.

Saw this just yesterday.  *o*

lollololol

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 08:46:56 PM
Words cannot describe how much I want that DASH2 art book...  ;^;

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)