* Devastating napalm explosion;
* Heavier stomp;
* Faster hit recovery;
* 50% more health.

Tank Armor Cons:
* Slower walk/dash speed;
* Shorter jump height and distance;
* Delay before start shooting;
* Can only shoot granades while on ground.

Do you only have sprites? Or are there some sort of concept arts?

For now I only have sprites, not sure I'll have concept arts.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: December 10, 2008, 12:44:39 PM
That's badass.

Zero might be overpowered, but X is far cooler.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: December 10, 2008, 04:59:53 PM
That armor looks awesome!

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: December 10, 2008, 05:07:24 PM
Wow, that Tank Armor looks really cool...
Love the design, and sounds very powerful.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline JKB Games

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: December 10, 2008, 06:58:41 PM
Thanks guys.

The screenshot is not the only thing there, there is a link for the youtube video.

That's badass.

Zero might be overpowered, but X is far cooler.

Zero is not overpowered, trust me. And he will also be able to ride the robots but not as efficient as X.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: December 10, 2008, 07:07:20 PM
So that's the charge-up for the gatling cannons... And the grenades looks very useful...

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: December 11, 2008, 01:35:58 AM

Zero is not overpowered, trust me. And he will also be able to ride the robots but not as efficient as X.
that comment reminded me of this...
http://www.drneko.com/scanlation/rmseries/rmx/koma/x7/index.php?Result_Set=3
XD

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: December 24, 2008, 01:28:23 AM
So wait... did you need people to create the level layout, or people who actually MAKE the map?

Offline JKB Games

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: December 24, 2008, 07:38:01 PM
So wait... did you need people to create the level layout, or people who actually MAKE the map?

Both would be the best, the tilling part is the most annoying and time consuming but layout also helps a bit. Layout is like 10% of the work because I end up changing it due to jump distances, enemy placement and puzzling for secret items. The best way someone could help me out in maps would be doing the layout and skinning it with basic tiles (wall patterns), which is not hard with a program I use. I would then get the map, adjust the layout, add details and custom tiles to make everything smooth, and after that I would probably repeat those steps throughout a week testing and adding enemies and objects.
Anyway, if you interested in helping out, I can show you a sample of what I would expect.

Offline Sub Tank

• Neo Arcadian
  • PHOTOBUCKET EXPIRED
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: December 24, 2008, 07:49:24 PM
I'm still really impressed by this whole project.  How did you ever manage to figure this stuff out?  I always get my ass kicked while trying to program tile based flash stuff.

Offline JKB Games

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: December 24, 2008, 07:53:40 PM
I'm still really impressed by this whole project.  How did you ever manage to figure this stuff out?  I always get my ass kicked while trying to program tile based flash stuff.

You mean for collision? Because the map is one big picture.

Offline Sub Tank

• Neo Arcadian
  • PHOTOBUCKET EXPIRED
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: December 24, 2008, 08:10:57 PM
Oh really?  So it's just one giant movie clip.  I never would have guessed that, seeing how smoothly everything scrolls.

If you don't mind me asking, what's the jumping like?  I assume you can control the height of the jump by holding down the jump key for longer, instead of jumping a set amount of pixels every time.  It's hard to tell by just watching the video.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: December 24, 2008, 08:14:22 PM
all flash games are basically interactive Movies.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline JKB Games

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: December 24, 2008, 08:22:18 PM
Oh really?  So it's just one giant movie clip.  I never would have guessed that, seeing how smoothly everything scrolls.

If you don't mind me asking, what's the jumping like?  I assume you can control the height of the jump by holding down the jump key for longer, instead of jumping a set amount of pixels every time.  It's hard to tell by just watching the video.

Well, I use several 3600x720 maps to avoid much lag but the game will still lag in some P4 with low ram.
Yes you can control the jump height, that’s a must have in Megaman games.

Offline Sub Tank

• Neo Arcadian
  • PHOTOBUCKET EXPIRED
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: December 24, 2008, 08:38:12 PM
Great.  Sounds like you emulated the Megaman gameplay completely then.  I can't stand flash games where you can't control the jump height.

Without having to reveal any of your programming secrets, is there any way you can give me a couple tips on how to code a jump like that?  I've been trying to do something similar to that, and I always end up going way off the screen, not high enough, or getting too much hang time in the air.

What do you do?  Multiply your jump velocity by a fraction every enter frame that the jump key is down, so you slow down?  Or subtract something from it?  I can never seem to land on that "magic number."

Offline JKB Games

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: December 24, 2008, 09:17:35 PM
Great.  Sounds like you emulated the Megaman gameplay completely then.  I can't stand flash games where you can't control the jump height.

Without having to reveal any of your programming secrets, is there any way you can give me a couple tips on how to code a jump like that?  I've been trying to do something similar to that, and I always end up going way off the screen, not high enough, or getting too much hang time in the air.

What do you do?  Multiply your jump velocity by a fraction every enter frame that the jump key is down, so you slow down?  Or subtract something from it?  I can never seem to land on that "magic number."

I made my jumping movie clip have 5 extra frames after the ending jump frame, when the player reaches the top of the jump I gotoAndStop(_currentframe+1) and reduce the jump speed until I reach the _totalframes.

Offline Sub Tank

• Neo Arcadian
  • PHOTOBUCKET EXPIRED
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: December 24, 2008, 09:45:26 PM
That's a good trick.  I never would have thought of that.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: December 25, 2008, 01:42:20 AM
I got nothing of that.

Offline JKB Games

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: December 25, 2008, 01:55:48 AM
I got nothing of that.

This was my reply to your question, maybe you skipped it or got distracted by Sub Tank avatar  8D.

Both would be the best, the tilling part is the most annoying and time consuming but layout also helps a bit. Layout is like 10% of the work because I end up changing it due to jump distances, enemy placement and puzzling for secret items. The best way someone could help me out in maps would be doing the layout and skinning it with basic tiles (wall patterns), which is not hard with a program I use. I would then get the map, adjust the layout, add details and custom tiles to make everything smooth, and after that I would probably repeat those steps throughout a week testing and adding enemies and objects.
Anyway, if you interested in helping out, I can show you a sample of what I would expect.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: December 25, 2008, 02:02:42 AM
Oh don't worry, I saw your answer.

But all that flashtalk ain't my thing. I could probably understand it, but I had to learn Flash first.

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: December 25, 2008, 02:37:59 AM
Oh man that was really awesome seriously. You just made my day! And then when i watched your "sewer level demo" video ...holy cow that's one giant ass level :O

I don't stand a chance in hell to people like you in ever being able to design something as good as that for my mm3 NES hack. I'm so jealous

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: December 25, 2008, 03:15:07 AM
Oh man that was really awesome seriously. You just made my day! And then when i watched your "sewer level demo" video ...holy cow that's one giant ass level :O

I don't stand a chance in hell to people like you in ever being able to design something as good as that for my mm3 NES hack. I'm so jealous

STILL! DON'T STOP!

The world needs more MM3 hacks.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: December 25, 2008, 03:21:58 AM
STILL! DON'T STOP!

The world needs more MM3 hacks.
it needs more anything other than MM2 hacks. perhaps a megaman 4 or 5 or 6 hack. there arnt enough of those...

Offline JKB Games

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: December 26, 2008, 10:59:12 AM
I'm looking for custom music for the game. If someone wants to help or knows someone that can help in that department please let me know.

Thanks.

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: December 26, 2008, 11:18:37 AM
Hey, Didn't someone come here a while back and posted this really awesome music for a Rockman X fan game he was working on?