Mega Man X: Corrupted (flash fangame)

JKB Games · 572289

Offline MrBaryl

• A new Shooting Star.
  • B-Class Hunter
  • "Everything for you"
    • View Profile
Reply #1100 on: November 22, 2010, 06:16:54 PM
So how can X charge weapons without the Armor?

Offline JKB Games

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1101 on: November 22, 2010, 07:46:06 PM
So how can X charge weapons without the Armor?

By upgrading the weapons using skill points but if you want an excuse to how he can to do so now when he couldn't before, just think of it as he internalized the upgrade just like the air dash on X7-X8.
And come on if MM can do it why not X. =P

Aresian

Reply #1102 on: November 22, 2010, 09:52:25 PM
Axl's Teleport color is Gray-black

I'm aware.

Read my whole post next time.

I must be the only person who plays Megaman X games for Megaman X, not Zero, not Axl... Megaman X.

I see Zero, and apparently Axl fanboys. But no X fanboys.. What's wrong with y'all?  >8|

Don't get me wrong, I like X. But after playing X1-3 with just X (given playing Zero is a pain in X3) and finally in X4 they start introducing options? Yeah, I'ma [tornado fang]ing take my options. That and Axl plays better than X ever did in X8. So yeah.

Though, on that note... Command Missions did X some serious justice for a change. And people AREN'T funding this idea? Ugh... more people need to give Command Missions credit. It was the best X game I ever played, honestly. And that is saying something.

Offline DevonS

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #1103 on: November 23, 2010, 10:51:17 PM
I'm aware.

Don't get me wrong, I like X. But after playing X1-3 with just X (given playing Zero is a pain in X3) and finally in X4 they start introducing options? Yeah, I'ma [tornado fang]ing take my options. That and Axl plays better than X ever did in X8. So yeah.

Though, on that note... Command Missions did X some serious justice for a change. And people AREN'T funding this idea? Ugh... more people need to give Command Missions credit. It was the best X game I ever played, honestly. And that is saying something.

PLUS, it was also the first game in the entire Mega Man Franchise to have GOOD English Dub. Mark Gathas as X, Lucas Gilbertson as Zero, It's awesome! X4 was godawful, MM8 was even worse, Legends was tolerable; it wasn't good, but there's nothing stopping me from wanting me to play it unlike the other PS1 Mega Man Games. X7 wasn't as bad, but it was still pretty bad. (Why the hell did they make Axl sound like Naruto? And not the good Naruto either; y'know, the one voiced by Junko Takeuchi? I'm talking about the bad one, the one done by Maile Flanagan.) X5 and X6 don't count because they didn't have English dubs, but they did have ridiculous mistranslations. Grizzly Slash? The Skiver? X6 didn't even translate their Maverick names, leaving many people scratching their heads as to what the hell a Mijinion was. Mega Man Powered up was also a decent game.

ZX Advent? [sonic slicer], please. That dub was terrible, and the worst part is that it's not even five years old! You'd think that by 2007, there would be some kind of quality standard in dubbing Capcom Games.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1104 on: November 23, 2010, 10:57:09 PM
PLUS, it was also the first game in the entire Mega Man Franchise to have GOOD English Dub.

Legends is giving you an evil glare from across the room.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1105 on: November 23, 2010, 11:57:25 PM
Legends is giving you an evil glare from across the room.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline VirusX

• Infectuous
  • Net Navi
  • Might save your life... Might steal your car.
    • View Profile
Reply #1106 on: November 24, 2010, 03:19:38 AM
I'm aware.

I'd say it's just a matter of preference. 'Cuz I think X is more straight-forward to play in X8. Axl's a pain in the arse, and the fact that you can't charge is sad.
But that's why I play X instead. It's my personal opinion, and I can see why people would find that Axl plays better than X.  :P

Offline JKB Games

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1107 on: November 30, 2010, 08:07:31 PM
Currently working on the Pause Menu.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1108 on: November 30, 2010, 08:12:09 PM
Going with the MMX3 layout?

(Minus a few adjustments of course)

Offline JKB Games

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1109 on: November 30, 2010, 08:28:51 PM
Going with the MMX3 layout?

(Minus a few adjustments of course)

X2-X3 actually. Want to keep the retro looks but still adding all the new stuff.
The menu will have a lot more panes and this layout is perfect for switching them.

Aresian

Reply #1110 on: December 01, 2010, 01:52:41 AM
I'd say it's just a matter of preference. 'Cuz I think X is more straight-forward to play in X8. Axl's a pain in the arse, and the fact that you can't charge is sad.
But that's why I play X instead. It's my personal opinion, and I can see why people would find that Axl plays better than X.  :P

I find that charging is a waste of time and Axl is much faster/allows for better handling really. Granted, he isn't user-friendly for a n00b of the series or anything. But Axl plays in such a way I can solo the entire game better with him than I can with X or Zero. Maybe because I'm better at abusing Axl's mechanics more so than X's.

That and well... honestly. Charge shots are overrated. >_> In the time it takes to charge to charge 3 or 4, you can get hit out of your charging. Plus the hovering, the rolling, the faster movement in general. Yeah.

But then again, opinions.

Anyway, I like the new menu, looks great JKB! Can't wait to see what you have cooked up next.

Offline VirusX

• Infectuous
  • Net Navi
  • Might save your life... Might steal your car.
    • View Profile
Reply #1111 on: December 02, 2010, 02:08:37 PM
If you're good at evading damage in the first place, it doesn't matter if it takes a few seconds to charge up.  8)

Once you shoot that charge shot, everything dies. X's charge shot in X8 was amazing. And I'm not good enough to solo the game on hard to begin with, but if I was gonna solo it, it'd be with X, without any armor. Definitely.

But like you said, opinions. And we should probably stop before JKB gets mad.  >U<

Offline JKB Games

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1112 on: December 16, 2010, 07:31:20 PM
Working on the Skill Section of the Pause Menu now.

Offline MrBaryl

• A new Shooting Star.
  • B-Class Hunter
  • "Everything for you"
    • View Profile
Reply #1113 on: December 16, 2010, 07:47:45 PM
But the Energy Balancer is not part of the X series...

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #1114 on: December 16, 2010, 07:49:35 PM
The function was still in there tho. ^^;

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #1115 on: December 16, 2010, 07:58:47 PM
I'm a little worried about feature creep; do you have a set goal for "good enough"?

Offline JKB Games

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1116 on: December 16, 2010, 09:05:00 PM
But the Energy Balancer is not part of the X series...

So?

I'm a little worried about feature creep; do you have a set goal for "good enough"?

What?

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #1117 on: December 16, 2010, 09:07:36 PM
Looks is shaping up quite nicely, cannot wait until it's done. ^_^

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1118 on: December 16, 2010, 09:08:32 PM
Feature creep; when you just keep developing a product, adding new stuff to it and forever pushing the release date back.

Offline JKB Games

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1119 on: December 16, 2010, 09:38:16 PM
Feature creep; when you just keep developing a product, adding new stuff to it and forever pushing the release date back.

Skill System was in the project scope since the beginning. I already have all weapons and zero skills be variable on skills just never to do the menu to change them in-game. I also believe I mentioned about having skill points and upgrades some time ago.

Aresian

Reply #1120 on: December 16, 2010, 09:48:06 PM
In other words, he had most of this, if not all of this already stated long ago.

Have faith.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1121 on: December 16, 2010, 10:39:44 PM
Yes, I'm not accusing you or anything, just asking if you have a definite checklist of stuff that's to be done or whathaveyou.

Offline JKB Games

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1122 on: December 16, 2010, 10:55:09 PM
Yes, I'm not accusing you or anything, just asking if you have a definite checklist of stuff that's to be done or whathaveyou.

Sorta, but I won't lie and say that I haven't added stuff that I didn't planned before. Just that sometimes I get super bored and lack of inspiration so I tend to make "fun" stuff by adding something different to the game. This has happened twice already xD.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1123 on: December 16, 2010, 11:09:13 PM
Lets just put it this way-
It's done when it's done.

I like that diagram of sorts on the right side of the screen. What exactly does it show though? I can see stuff that seems like X's default stuff- his blue armor, energy balancer, the escape unit... but whats the other part with the levels? what do THOSE Icons represent?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Genstov

• also pronounced Genstov
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #1124 on: December 17, 2010, 07:34:27 PM
Not only is it a diagram, it's the tree where you hover over each icon to see what it is and the requirements needed to purchase it. Items at the top start with no requirements and as you go down they start requiring that you be at a certain level or have the previous upgrade in that chain. The very bottom of the general and weapon trees are typically where the final, ultimate upgrades are and have a very high level requirement.

2H > 5P > c.S > 2D(JI) > 2S > 5K > sjc.K > j.S > j.P > j.K > jc.K > j.S > j.H