More fun Rumors about DASH 3!

TheOnly · 5046

Offline TheOnly

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
on: September 21, 2010, 09:55:09 AM

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline Sub Tank

• Neo Arcadian
  • PHOTOBUCKET EXPIRED
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 10:03:08 AM
Megaman Legends: Data's Monkey Adventure

Archer

Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 10:13:03 AM
I'm sure even if Legends 3 is made, all of your expectations for it will be so high that it will never be able to live up to them and you'll all just spend years bitching about how you wish it was never made.

Offline Sub Tank

• Neo Arcadian
  • PHOTOBUCKET EXPIRED
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 10:35:23 AM
The first two MML games were far from masterpieces.  Both games actually had really weird controls.  I wouldn't call them bad, because they certainly worked at the time, but moving around was a bit odd.  Also, nearly every boss could be beaten by running circles around them and blasting.  With that said, anything they make now would be a lot better.  Gameplay wise, at least.  Assuming they use one of their current 3D platforming engines.

In my eyes, the only way MML3 could be bad is if they butcher the characters and storyline, since that's where the real charm came from.  

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 12:59:28 PM
I'm sure even if Legends 3 is made, all of your expectations for it will be so high that it will never be able to live up to them and you'll all just spend years bitching about how you wish it was never made.

Can't speak for everyone, but my expectations are low. They're always pretty low.

By now I've reached a point where I just want a new MML game.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 03:50:58 PM
Which was the reason Inafune was all like,
Inafune: I do hear that question a lot, and it's still very much on my radar. My big fear is that if we did start doing it, investing all that time and money into it, the fans would just say “we don't need that.” If I do end up doing it, please support me and don't change your minds halfway through!

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Aresian

Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 08:59:40 PM
As long as it isn't Megaman Prime: Barrel of Trigger, I don't care.

As long as we don't take the faggy 1st Person Shooter route that seems to be the first choice these days, I can be ready for change. Frankly, I already acknowledged that change was to be expected, there's nothing wrong with change. It's a matter of good change vs unnecessary bad change. Horrible Immersion, unfitting themes and Uncanny Valley and what have you.

I want to play my adorable Blue Bomber as he goes around town and interacts with peoples and jumps all over the place, kicking Servbots, not a disembodied arm holding a gun. Or worse, Trigger's disembodied barrel.

That said, Crapcom, give it a shot. Just don't Dante it up or make it Halo Mega Prime and I'll buy it. Don't have to DRASTICALLY change [parasitic bomb] to make it viable. I mean, look at Infamous. Take a engine like that, it's platformer, it has primarily shooting based powers, you can jump and [parasitic bomb] and IF you need to, you can aim in what appears to be a psuedo 1st-to-2nd person shooting view. That isn't BAD and it doesn't erase what Legends is either. It can STILL be everything Legends is, while giving the new bloods their much desired view modes that they jizz all over.

There, my ten cents. Suck it down.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 09:15:39 PM
We already got DASH3, they released it on cellphone.

Bring on DASH4!

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #8 on: September 21, 2010, 09:26:44 PM
Megaman Legends: Data's Monkey Adventure

Or a spoof, I don't think this one didn't have a spoof adventure yet.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 10:12:48 PM

Oh sheesh just when I forgot about that

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #10 on: September 25, 2010, 01:44:42 AM
We all went through that with SSB Brawl, so while I can confidently say that the rest of the internet may well do that, I personally will see any unmet expectations in Legends 3 as all the more reason to beg for a Legends 4. 8)

Also, nearly every boss could be beaten by running circles around them and blasting.
As with a great deal of control arguments I've taken part in, that is mainly a Legends 1 thing.  The Legends 2 enemies were far more intelligent.

I thought that was DASH1-1/2?

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 25, 2010, 02:13:01 AM
I thought that was DASH1-1/2?

It was. But still another DASH after so long, UNAVAILABLE to all.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #12 on: September 25, 2010, 03:31:57 AM
Point taken, it's something I've long bitched over myself (seriously, in this age of digital distribution, you'd think getting 5 Island Adventure on an actual GAMING PLATFORM wouldn't be so hard).  I was merely pointing out the flaw in your numbering.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)