What am I missing out on?

Marnic · 12410

Offline Marnic

• Net Navi
  • Burning with the nintensity of a thousand suns!
    • View Profile
on: April 14, 2009, 07:00:31 PM
If I start with playing Megaman Legends 2 instead of 1 how confusing will my playthrough be?

I've had Legends 2 for a long time now, my PS3 won't emulate it too well though.I oughta have to get a PSX or PS2 from somehwere before I can start playing it again.

Until then, think anybody can answer my question? Try to be as spoiler-free as possible though, a simple yes or no might just be enough.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 07:07:07 PM
You won't know some of the main characters, but I think you shouldn't be all that confused. Everything that's important is more or less explained.

Also, just a heads up, Nino Ruins may take a while.

That said, don't be shy to try Legends 1 too if you get the chance, they're both fun in their own right.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 04:07:40 AM
What very little of L1's plot that is relevant to L2 is reiterated within L2.  So no, you shouldn't be confused.  You're only missing on how some of the characters met (and really, you're missing just as much in that area by not playing Misadventures, since Glyde isn't in L1).

If anything I've actually found more L1 moments that make no sense without L2 than vice-versa.  The two bits of Trigger bringing up Roll's parents during Mother Lode conversation are weird, given that L1 doesn't offer any explanation as to how the two are linked.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)