Red Ash: The Indelible Legend - A Comcept Mega Man Legends style game

Soultrigger · 51996

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
  • Never "Great", just varying degrees of "OK".
    • View Profile
I hope you all realise this is just gonna be ANOTHER Kickstarter.

All of my nope.

My Twitch channel. Random streams during the week.
Currently streaming: Transformers: Devastation

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile

Okay.

What's the problem here?

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
I love how there's a fourth character who is being promoted fully and solely by how similar her rack is to Tron's.

:\

#hypershell

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Well he's not wrong at the moment.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile

All of my nope.

Don't--you know explain you're position or anything.  ::)

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Don't--you know explain you're position or anything.  ::)

I suppose in hindsight I probably should've elaborated.....eh, whatever. Guess I'll do it now.

The problem I have with Kickstarters (outside of how prevalent they're becoming. Don't worry, I'm explaining this now) is that the people behind them are basically saying "Hey! You like this idea we have? Then pay us to make the game. Then pay us again so you can play it!". That's not even going into DLC and the like.

Paying for a game? Fine.
Paying for a game that may never actually get made? No chance.
Paying TWICE for a game? Nope.

Personal opinion though, feel free to get hyped and whatnot. Just got no interest in stuff like this myself. MIGHT get hyped if/when it is an ACTUAL game and not just some concept art.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Well if you pay them enough you don't have to pay them twice, I have no idea why you would think that you have to pay them twice if you already paid for the game.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Well if you pay them enough you don't have to pay them twice

.....?

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I mean they usually have a kickstarer reward with a copy of the game, digtal for cheaper tiers or physical for higher tiers, if you give them a certain amount of money.  Don't know where you got the idea that you have to pay them twice unless you just gave them $5.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
I mean they usually have a kickstarer reward with a copy of the game, digtal for cheaper tiers or physical for higher tiers, if you give them a certain amount of money.  Don't know where you got the idea that you have to pay them twice unless you just gave them $5.

That's fair enough. My biggest concern is that you pay the money, and then at some point they turn around and go "Oh, by the way, things happened and now we aren't making this anymore". I don't know if you'd get refunded in a situation like that, but I guess my problem boils down to paying up-front for something that doesn't technically exist yet, and might not ever depending on circumstances.

*exhale*

Didn't mean to derail this topic everyone. Apologies for the disruption. I'll go back to my corner and leave you all in peace now.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Well I trust Inafune since he did everything he could to make sure Mighty Number 9 is released in the best way possible, even finding a publisher to help him, and that's coming out in September. 

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
well there's also that...

Im not at all too pleased with the fact that Console buyers, (not backers) are getting a preorder collector's edition that is arguably better than what backers of the same price point paid.

that really bothers me. some people paid upwards of 200$ for some rewards, and now, console preorders are getting basically something roughly equivalent, for 20 or 30 bucks. There's no reason to join the kickstarter if they will just release a better edition later that i can buy. That's something that has made me very upset and wary of buying into another Comcept Kickstarter.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Ah yeah I forgot about that, especially since I wasn't a backer.  That being said we still don't know if this is going to be a Kicstarter anyway.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
While I can understand that thought process, the main goal of Kickstarter is to fund things you want to get... the backer stuff shouldn't even be the main attraction. Alas...

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Ah yeah I forgot about that, especially since I wasn't a backer.  That being said we still don't know if this is going to be a Kicstarter anyway.
I'm certain it likely will.

This, like MN9, are "dream" projects. Inafune knows there's a crows willing to pay for the game, but not if there's exactly enough of a demand to make it something he can invest money in safely and make it back. he isnt dumb, It's part of the reason the Legends 3 prototype was what it was. to gauge interest.

and considering this is Legends all over again, i wouldnt be surprised if he did exactly the same thing as with MN9. kickstarter and open dev forum. (which I hope doesnt happen personally- the MN9 forum was just terrible and went to [parasitic bomb] really fast)

the backer stuff shouldn't even be the main attraction. Alas...
Backers aren't gonna pay 200 dollarydoos for nothing but a copy of the game, thats why the backer rewards exist at all. to incentivize paying more.

and some people paid out the nose for some of those rewards, like Inafune's signature, a plush toy and all that other stuff.

but then, Comcept makes a publisher deal with Deep Silver to make a physical version, (something that was never available for backers) with a preorder edition that consists of rewards equivalent to the higher backer tiers, for only 30 bucks, (yet not available to backers at all) completely devaluing those backers who paid high amounts.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Actually, there's plenty of people who would pay plenty of dollarydoos just to get it funded. Besides, it's not the backers money that's providing the new stuff in the physical copy, it's Deep Silver's. They can do whatever the hell they want.

Just to be clear, I understand your point; The thing is, there wasn't any guarantee the game itself would get completed anyways. Such is the nature of crowdfunding, really. People need to manage their expectations.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Well, SouGenmu wasn't exactly wrong on his prediction.

Two different Kickstarter projects, both for Red Ash with one being for the game itself and the other being for a sort of short movie/episode from an actual anime studio it seems. Ridiculously priced stretch goals on the anime, although I guess animation is pretty expensive. The main three characters are, wait for it, Beck, Call and Tyger. Seems Inafune's trying to establish his own little Mega Man-style of series generational names. Hell, the Diggers of the Legends universe now have an equivalent apparently called 'Delvers', too.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I wonder why the anime art style is so different from the video game art style with Call in particular.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
I wonder why the anime art style is so different from the video game art style with Call in particular.

Some are theorizing that the trio gets injured severely in the animation so they end up with robotic parts for the game, Call especially.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Eh I'm thinking maybe it was just early concept art myself, it would be stupid to have Call with a different skin tone.

Offline Soultrigger

• Resistance Member
  • Weapon Get!
    • View Profile
Well, if my timing was right, I'll be Gofer #420 (lol) and #99 respectively. Assuming they do a numbering scheme like Mighty No 9...

I don't really see much point in the anime Kickstarter rewards. Like, unless I'm a super hardcore supporter of Inafune/Legends, everything is digital up until the $94 tier. There's not even a $40~$60 bluray physical reward? The only thing worth getting imo is the OST, and we don't even know the composer...

$14: A VOTING RIGHT for "VOICE ACTOR CASTING" of CALL and TYGER
I don't think I can unhear Jiraiya at this point...

Bad Box Art Snake Man Joins the Battle!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
dunno if im gonna go for this one.

i'd want a physical copy, and Deep Silver will likely make a preorder edition again anyway. I'll just wait for that one.

also Im not doing another backer forum. that went terribly for MN9

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
I just found out that this is PC only, anyway.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I get the feeling some strech goals will involve making console versions like last time.  It's pretty normal for a video game kickstarter. 

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Eh I'm thinking maybe it was just early concept art myself, it would be stupid to have Call with a different skin tone.

I dunno, I think the theories are onto something. Beck's left arm is a robotic limb that can be interchanged like Mega's in Legends for the game art, but the animation art has him with two completely normal arms. Same for Tyger's legs being human for the animation and robotic for the game. Maybe the animation's just early concept art like you say, though.