Red Ash: The Indelible Legend - A Comcept Mega Man Legends style game

Soultrigger · 52003

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Meanwhile I just noticed Call's rifle wrench.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Nice to have a competent reveal trailer.  The fact that they saw the importance of showing how the characters play off each other nice and early, that actually builds my confidence in this.

I find myself liking the design tweaks of the anime more, even if they are lacking the robotic elements.  So if the prequel theory holds true, I guess that would mean that Call got a ZX-style synthetic skin.

:\

#hypershell
What?  Like I was the only one thinking that.  If there was any intention at all to sell that character on her own merits, they'd have shown her face from the get-go.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I do hate Beck's jacket myself, it really clashes with his armor, and I usually like Letterman Jackets.  Also someone pointed out that RA-Beck has that distinctive triangle MN9-Beck has on his leg.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Chances are this won't get the backing they're hoping for, particularly if people are feeling burned on the previous one.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Yeah I admit I'm a little worried about that, it might have been better if he waited until after September in my opinion.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
I suppose it's a gamble either way, since if either the sales or the critical reception of M#9 aren't up to expectations, waiting could just as easily backfire.

I'd be surprised if these campaigns were as successful as Mighty, but at the same time I'm not sure why anyone would be feeling burned.  The feedback from Mighty's demo was pretty darn positive, last I heard.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Not to mention that the video game kickstarter is 1/8 of the way there for the initial goal at least at the moment so it's going at a pretty good pace at the moment. 

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
I suppose it's a gamble either way, since if either the sales or the critical reception of M#9 aren't up to expectations, waiting could just as easily backfire.

I'd be surprised if these campaigns were as successful as Mighty, but at the same time I'm not sure why anyone would be feeling burned.  The feedback from Mighty's demo was pretty darn positive, last I heard.
See the previous page for an example.

There's a good chance it'll get funded, but it's the stretch goals I'm not too sure about.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I'm not sure why anyone would be feeling burned.  The feedback from Mighty's demo was pretty darn positive, last I heard.
I'm feeling burned particularly on the [parasitic bomb] Deep Silver pulled with their physical version.

during the KS there was never an option for a physical game, but now that there's a partnership with Deep Silver, not only is there a physical game, but backers are not eligible to get it instead of their digital copy. And they made a preorder edition that completely devalues higher tier backers by offering similar rewards for a meager 30 bucks or so.

So I might as well wait for the inevitable physical copy of Not-Legends and get the preorder edition that will inevitably happen.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
One thing I hope this game does is making all your sub weapons available to switch around instead of having to switch them at a certain place like the Legends series.  And Vacuum arm, there better be a Vacuum arm.

Offline kosmos

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
The timing feels wrong for me, I will give him my money if I'm happy with Mighty no 9 but not now, not after Bloodstain and Shenmue 3.

I wonder what is he going to do with all the profits from Mighty no 9?.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Well he got my money. XD

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
He should have waited for the M#9 feedback first before starting another one, but that's just my opinion.

during the KS there was never an option for a physical game, but now that there's a partnership with Deep Silver, not only is there a physical game, but backers are not eligible to get it instead of their digital copy. And they made a preorder edition that completely devalues higher tier backers by offering similar rewards for a meager 30 bucks or so.
I'm so happy that the Bloodstained kickstart completely blew this out the water with their physical copies. I was completely beside myself at the GOG physical disc option.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
I'm feeling burned particularly on the [parasitic bomb] Deep Silver pulled with their physical version.

So I might as well wait for the inevitable physical copy of Not-Legends and get the preorder edition that will inevitably happen.
No offense, but boo freaking hoo.  A Kickstarter pledge is not a pre-order: The incentives are not meant to be a good value, they're merely an expression of gratitude.  Deep Silver had nothing to do with the Kickstarter, if they don't want to take that baggage, the alternative is to drop them and keep the game digital only, and what do backers gain from that?  Absolutely nothing.

And what exactly is it in the retail pre-order that devalues the backer incentives, anyway?  There's no crossover save that both include an artbook of some kind, and I doubt they're the same book (the retail book is 30-ish pages while the backer book is supposed to also be a strategy guide).  Even if they are, the backer book is not the only item at any reward tier, even the minimum $40 backers got a soundtrack along with it.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Well, here's what I got from a Mighty No. 9 project update email:

Hey there, Mighties!

So, anyone who has been paying attention to the forums will have noticed that we just launched two Kickstarter for the Red Ash property, a game project by comcept and an animation project produced by Studio 4℃.

These are both going to share two key elements--the character concepts and the theme of treasure hunting-- and besides that they are their own independent creations. The property will play on the idea of parallel worlds, especially the anime version.

Soooo yeah, parallel worlds. Could be interesting, if done right.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
So the anime and video games are parallel universes? 

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
No offense, but boo freaking hoo.  A Kickstarter pledge is not a pre-order: The incentives are not meant to be a good value, they're merely an expression of gratitude.  Deep Silver had nothing to do with the Kickstarter, if they don't want to take that baggage, the alternative is to drop them and keep the game digital only, and what do backers gain from that?  Absolutely nothing.
Backer rewards exist, again, as incentive to pay more than the lowest price. pay 150, get a plush toy. pay 200, get inafune's signature. stuff like that. also I disagree. incentives ARE meant to have some value. They are exclusive content for people who backed. otherwise theres no point. the issue with deep silver, is that Comcept didnt seem to have any consideration for the fact that backers might want a physical copy instead of a digital one. during the kickstarter, there were no plans for one. So people got the next best thing, a USB with the game on it (if on PC) and a fake box. yet now, Deep Silver announced there WILL be a physical version, yet backers who wanted a physical version since day 1, can't actually get that physical version for their pledge, because there's 2 different companies doing distribution. Fangamer is doing the backer copies, Deep Silver the physical ones, and Comcept just cant seem to do anything about any of that. It's kind of insulting.

And what exactly is it in the retail pre-order that devalues the backer incentives, anyway?  There's no crossover save that both include an artbook of some kind, and I doubt they're the same book (the retail book is 30-ish pages while the backer book is supposed to also be a strategy guide).  Even if they are, the backer book is not the only item at any reward tier, even the minimum $40 backers got a soundtrack along with it.
It offers, aside from being a PHYSICAL copy, and the artbook and poster, which every retail copy will contain-

an exclusive, numbered articulated figure of beck with interchangeable faceplates, and Inafune's signature in foil on the box.

Now, you can say what you want about a massproduced signature printed on the box- but a signature is a signature. backers paid 150 for a plush toy- which isnt even of Beck himself, it's a xel-

preorders meanwhile get a figure of the main character, which is infinitely more desirable.

And people paid 200 bucks and up for the chance to get Inafune's Signature.

So now, those two tiers are completely devalued by a (correction- it wasnt 40 bucks ) 60 buck preorder edition, which is inaccessible to backers.

I didnt pay anywhere near those 2 tiers, but I know a few people who did are feeling mighty cheated. Im miffed about that too out of principle- but mostly over the fact that i can't get a physical copy of the game, which i would have wanted during the kickstarter.

And Comcept hasnt really made any note of this.

hell, they didnt even announce the preorder edition to their backers at all. backers found out about the preorder/physical release from videogame news sites before Comcept, who hasnt even really responded in any form to the outcry over it with anything other than "rest assured, your feedback has been passed along the appropriate channels." which is such a stock answer it feels like they just ignore the complaints and send them to the recycle bin.

I just dunno. It seems like there is a physical copy in the tiers, but I'm just not sure. if Im as confident about backing this like I was for MN9

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Soooo yeah, parallel worlds. Could be interesting, if done right.

Inb4 parallel Volnutt making it off the moon! 8D

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Found some Red Ash fan art, sketches at least.

http://phil-my-powah.tumblr.com/

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
I should be dying from hype for this but honestly I can't seem to muster any real cares about this. I think some prototype gameplay would have gone a long way. Not to mention it's only paying for a demo, like Legends 3...

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Though I am excited for it I do agree that it's hard to get excited for it with only concept art.  I was also hoping Playable Tyger would have been part of the main build of the game but it seems we need a stretch goal for him.  Unfortunately at the moment the kickstarter is pretty lackluster, I wonder if Inafune should have taken a page from Bloodstained and make contests and stuff.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
I'm just sort of reeling from MN.9

If they get funded, great. I don't have cash for it right now though.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
I'm much more interested in this than MN.9

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I'm honestly more interested in this than Legends 3 but I can see why others aren't.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I imagine they did MN9 first mostly as a test run of everything. First off, if they can get funded at all- second to see how it'd work.

otherwise im not surprised if they wouldve just gone straight for Not-Legends.

that said im not digging that episodic thing they are going for.

Come on now Comcept, Capcom did a legends 3 prototype because they didnt want to make it and were going to see if there was interest. you have no excuse