• RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
More points if the moon is not a moon.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Mary_Nelson

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Didn't Comcept or S4C mentioned that the anime is an alternate interpretation of the Red Ash universe? Aka multiverses? So a white Call is just an alternate Call in an alternate universe!!

Well yeah, but generally "alternate universes" give us things like "what if, in this new version of Transformers, Optimus Prime and Megatron used to be friends?" or "how about a version of GI Joe where Cobra is a corporation that's secretly evil?"

When someone's given the chance to make an "alternate universe" and one of the first things on their To Do list is make sure there's nobody with dark skin in the core cast, that's a pretty different scenario... hope they don't just shrug this off with "well it's an alternate universe".

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Well, I can understand the unfortunate implications of that.

And even if it's chalked up as what if, we can also chalk up as what if the anime leads up to the game? Alternate, no alternate, I'm ok with both.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Well I doubt it would lead up to the game, but the idea that the cast was mutilated by a huge ass sealed swarm of ancient cicadas sounds gruesome as hell. 

Yes the anime involves releasing a whole swarm of bugs as the plot it seems.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Well. I'm intrigued. Supposed mutilation via ancient cicadas included.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Mary_Nelson

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
If there are cicadas that can change the color of your skin, the public needs to be informed.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Like I said I doubt it would happen because it's not a prequel or anything.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
If there are cicadas that can change the color of your skin, the public needs to be informed.

Ah yes, the rare South American Equality Cicadas

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Not that I'm disagreeing with any of this, but my problem with this argument is what I said earlier. If this were Capcom running this Kickstarter instead of Comcept and they were actually making/remaking Legends 3, I wholeheartedly believe that Legends fans wouldn't be able to throw money at the screen fast enough despite the fact that Capcom essentially spit in their faces and still, after many years, have yet to offer any kind of business-like compensation for their debacle.

I think it's a bit different, though, and I'll say why:

The cancelled MM games (yes, even the ill-fated FPS) were all Inafune's pet projects. Apparently, the DASH3 "game" wasn't even officially approved, but that didn't stop Inafune for trying to put it out there and drum up support through things like the "Devroom" and promising a "prototype/prologue" (that you'd still would have to pay for!) so that the game could get pushed through. In essence, it was Inafune's first attempt at a "Kickstarter", before Kickstarter was even a thing that registered on his radar screen. On that note, it's funny how Red Ash mimicked DASH3's campaign in a similar way; right down to trying to get people to pay for a Prologue! 8D

...Then, Inafune departed Capcom, for reasons. And basically abandoned his own Kickstarter, in the process.

And in wake of all the "scandal" that's going on with MN9, which gives Backers a mere taste of what a publisher must have to go through daily, and for many, MANY more games? The "Big Bad Capcom" angle just doesn't stick as much, any more. Not that they're entirely blameless, but Inafune was the very same guy who proudly stated in interviews that he'd do things like go 400% over budget in order to force Capcom's hands with greenlighting his projects. Eventually, something had to give, and someone in the Tsujimotos' inner circle was not going tolerate those kinds of antics any longer.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
I need to dust off an old GIF...

Ah, here we go:

Inafune left Capcom in October of 2010.  The Legends 3 Prototype version was the result of L3's first greenlight meeting, February of 2011.

That said, I've been meaning to offer my two cents on PB's post.  I don't think it'd be as simple as just throwing L3's name up there, they might get a few extra fans to dig a little deeper, but I think the reaction from the gaming world as a whole could be just as ugly as it was with Red Ash.  Now, IF (and that is a big, big if) they presented it properly, if they were up front and open about using KS to show interest in a similar manner as Bloodstained or Shenmue 3, then I think they could bust some heads.

And to be fair, besides the obvious "giving people what they almost want vs what they actually want" discussion, Kickstarter would offer a similar reassurance as to what the Devroom attempted and failed: Building enough potential backlash to make cancellation a suicidal move.  Imagine, for a moment, if Capcom took money from crowdfunding and THEN cancelled?  There would be all kinds of holy hell to pay for that one.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
I think it's a bit different, though, and I'll say why:

The cancelled MM games (yes, even the ill-fated FPS) were all Inafune's pet projects. Apparently, the DASH3 "game" wasn't even officially approved, but that didn't stop Inafune for trying to put it out there and drum up support through things like the "Devroom" and promising a "prototype/prologue" (that you'd still would have to pay for!) so that the game could get pushed through. In essence, it was Inafune's first attempt at a "Kickstarter", before Kickstarter was even a thing that registered on his radar screen. On that note, it's funny how Red Ash mimicked DASH3's campaign in a similar way; right down to trying to get people to pay for a Prologue! 8D

...Then, Inafune departed Capcom, for reasons. And basically abandoned his own Kickstarter, in the process.

And in wake of all the "scandal" that's going on with MN9, which gives Backers a mere taste of what a publisher must have to go through daily, and for many, MANY more games? The "Big Bad Capcom" angle just doesn't stick as much, any more. Not that they're entirely blameless, but Inafune was the very same guy who proudly stated in interviews that he'd do things like go 400% over budget in order to force Capcom's hands with greenlighting his projects. Eventually, something had to give, and someone in the Tsujimotos' inner circle was not going tolerate those kinds of antics any longer.

Oh, I think multiple factors are to blame regarding all of that. My ultimate point still stands though. XD

That said, I've been meaning to offer my two cents on PB's post.  I don't think it'd be as simple as just throwing L3's name up there, they might get a few extra fans to dig a little deeper, but I think the reaction from the gaming world as a whole could be just as ugly as it was with Red Ash.  Now, IF (and that is a big, big if) they presented it properly, if they were up front and open about using KS to show interest in a similar manner as Bloodstained or Shenmue 3, then I think they could bust some heads.

And to be fair, besides the obvious "giving people what they almost want vs what they actually want" discussion, Kickstarter would offer a similar reassurance as to what the Devroom attempted and failed: Building enough potential backlash to make cancellation a suicidal move.  Imagine, for a moment, if Capcom took money from crowdfunding and THEN cancelled?  There would be all kinds of holy hell to pay for that one.

Heh, I said Legends fans, not the gaming world as a whole. I honestly don't think the majority of the gaming world cares that much about the Legends franchise. Hell, it was always a cult hit among MM fans as a whole.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Point taken.  And hell, it's not as if I personally wouldn't have donated more money to an actual Legends 3 than I did to Red Ash.  I'm just saying, it's not as if anything with Legends' name on it would automatically enjoy a Mighty No. 9-esque reaction.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Oh, of course not. Classic/X style MM games will always earn more than a Legends game.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I'd go as far as adding anything except Star Force to that mix, and maybe ZX.  I think.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Speaking of style and not specifically of series, "Classic/X" would entail Zero and ZX as well.  But yeah, as much as I'd hate to put down any game with Aile, you're probably right about ZX (and Star Force, of course).

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
If only Starforce 2 didn't suck so much, granted even if it was good it would probably still be as niche as Legends at the very least. 

I still think Mu would have been much better as being part of the Legends series, hell the Legends series in general could have benefited from having flying continents instead of islands honestly, instead of the Moon (or Not Moon, I mean logically the only way I could think of the Legends world being flooded is if the moon blew up and then the Ancients built a new one even though I am probably dead wrong.) and Duo would have been much better in Star Force for obvious reasons, though I wouldn't know what Battle Network 4 would have been about but it would have been a lot better than what we got.

Hell if I remembered correctly Star Force never went to the Moon in the first place.  The hell is up with that, a series about Space and no Moon level, really?  Anyway that's enough incoherent rambling from me.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
I need to dust off an old GIF...

Ah, here we go:

Inafune left Capcom in October of 2010.  The Legends 3 Prototype version was the result of L3's first greenlight meeting, February of 2011.

Ah, the classic~! Now, I'm all nostalgic! 8D

But still, I'm going to have to disagree, and I'll say why. Inafune may have left the company by then, but it stands to reason that he had left various initiatives in his wake that he was trusting would be taken care of. We knew that he was talking to Armature and various other parties in what eventually led up to the later cancelled "Maverick Hunter" FPS idea. Ninja Theory's "DmC: Devil may Cry" was another initiative that Inafune kicked off, and was something that he had been hinting at since 2009. Talks for a fighting game crossover between Namco and Capcom were something that we had gotten wind long before the actual announcement at Comic-con in 2010. Etc., etc.

All that to say that the Devroom was very likely working from a script that Inafune had left behind for them to work off of, well after his departure. The mistake was thinking that without Inafune's influence as the former head of Capcom R&D, that such a thing was going to go off without a hitch.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
It stands to reason that he left some ideas behind (we've known for ages that he approved Bad Box Art MM in SFxT), but it was still Eguchi and co. who decided whether or not to run with them.  The Prototype did not exist when Inafune left Capcom, otherwise Inafune would have shown some actual L3 footage at NYCC less than a month before he left (pitching a promise with no actual footage to show...sounds familiar).  He might have left a plan behind, but he was most certainly not the one to execute it.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Just letting you guys know that the anime has opened up an additional funding campaign for whoever is interested.  I think from what I heard it's like paypal or something.

http://www.fun-and.studio4c.jp/index.php?page=project&mode=red_ash_en