Akamaru · 657685

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #6175 on: December 21, 2015, 01:11:13 AM
This IS a Mega Man board, shouldn't he have dibs on Samus?

Bayo can just make the Palutena/Lucina pair into a threesome, problem solved.

I admit I would have liked something other than pigtails or at least brown hair as an option, like I said I really hate Robin's color options.
Yeah, I don't get how they missed brown hair as an alt color, either. -AC

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #6176 on: December 21, 2015, 01:19:50 AM
Oh yeah, Rock did a thing for Samus! XD

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #6177 on: December 21, 2015, 01:44:10 AM
I don't think Lucina would be comfortable with a threesome.   I mean a Palutena/Samus/Bayonetta threesome sure, but Palutena and Lucina are OTP.  If Lucina and Palutena weren't OTP I would say Bayonetta and Palutena would be perfect, but OTP is OTP.

But I think Rock is too young for Samus, Rock would always be a kid to me.  Now if X was in I wouldn't be against that pairing, though Zero would be a good one too but I don't think he would ever get over his PTSD with Iris.

But seriously Bayonetta would be a great lover for Samus and I think Samus deserves some great loving for the crap she's been through.

As for Snake......uh yeah Fox Die makes things really difficult.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #6178 on: December 21, 2015, 02:21:57 AM
I don't think Lucina would be comfortable with a threesome.
I don't think Lucina would be comfortable with Bayonetta, period.  I just don't see a little break-in time stopping Bayo.

And yeah, you can't really bring "OTP" into the discussion without ruling out Zero.  Rock may not be getting any taller, but Samus having to teach him a thing or two might actually work in his favor.  Samus has a lot of baggage, sure, but she is arguably the most nurturing of the Smash cast.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6179 on: December 21, 2015, 02:29:40 AM
The reason I say OTP is because this was on the Nintendo Website.

I don't [tornado fang]ing think I need more than that, it's official.

But no Rock is a child physically and mentally and I don't support shota, I find it gross.  X and Zero are not in the game so while I site it as possibility it's not going to happen at the moment. 

While Rock is kind I see them having a sibling relationship not a romantic one.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #6180 on: December 21, 2015, 02:47:38 AM
Well, X IS in the game, he just isn't playable.  Basically in the same boat as Chrom.

I don't [tornado fang]ing think I need more than that, it's official.
No argument here.  But I don't think Palutena is the most empathetic character, given her somewhat sadistic sense of humor with Pit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEXanrjTp8A&t=15

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6181 on: December 21, 2015, 02:54:30 AM
Hmm yeah that is true, forgot about that Final Smash for a moment since I don't use Megaman as a main, I much prefer Zero Suit Samus and Robin ugly colors or no.

But nah everyone is a dick to Pit, he's the universe's ultimate Butt Monkey.  Besides I think Lucina would be very receptive to her trolling, the Bad Future makes her too uptight and serious.  She needs to loosen up.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #6182 on: December 21, 2015, 02:56:56 AM
I like the Lucy/Palu ship because there's a headcanon going around that Palu is basically Naga which is the patron of the exalt family anyways.

So I always see it as like Palu being there just to playfully tease Lucina but really she's just looking over her. Robin/Lucy still canon anyway. (Even if ma boy is getting cucked hardcore in Smash.)

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #6183 on: December 21, 2015, 03:30:59 AM
Oddly enough, what little is known of Naga could work either for or against that.
[spoiler=Naga]Naga confessed that she is not a god, so Palutena would be a step above her.

On the flipside, Naga is not necessarily a single person, either.  There is an alternate future in Awakening where Tiki becomes the new Naga.[/spoiler]

You know, if Tharja was in Smash, then I would say that Bayonetta/Robin had to happen, if only because Bayo blocking Tharja would just be too perfectly hilarious.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #6184 on: December 21, 2015, 03:32:49 AM
I absolutely despise Tharja with every fiber of my being...

But Lucy's Tharja skin is my favorite
and the Tharja clone in Fates is actually one of my favorite kids too
I think Tharja was a misstep now that I consider it.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6185 on: December 21, 2015, 03:35:49 AM
Yeah I'm in that camp that doesn't like Tharja either, she doesn't really have much in redeeming qualities.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #6186 on: December 21, 2015, 04:36:20 AM
I'm just confused as to how someone like Bayonetta is allowed in Smash, but Tharja's trophy is somehow too lewd to be included

Offline Soultrigger

• Resistance Member
  • Weapon Get!
    • View Profile
Reply #6187 on: December 21, 2015, 09:54:43 AM
Kinda late to the party. My 'very original' thoughts:

6th FE rep seems extremely unnecessary, so I can understand the huge initial backlash (despite Roy being similar in Melee) since Corrin followed Cloud's announcement, which seemed to open up the floodgates for possible Smash candidates. I guess personally what's jarring is why FE gets so much spotlight when arguably Star Fox Zero and Xenoblade Chronicles X could use some promotion. I was thinking Corrin would've been saved for the inevitable Smash 5 alongside Splatoon, though seeing this will likely be Sakurai's last time as director and, let's face it, anime swordfighters sell (if Cloud and western demand for Isaac are any indication), I can see why Corrin would've been considered the most viable as DLC. That being said, Corrin, being the most controversial pick, is easily the target of backlash when x fanfavorite got shafted in Corrin's favor. Nonetheless, the whole dragon transformation undeniably looks pretty cool. (on that note, technically Roy is 'canonically' part Manakete, and Robin is Grima...)

I don't really have any strong opinions on Bayonetta. Looks cool, never played her games, and I personally am not in the belief that a more interesting/realizable character could've been in her spot anyways. If it wasn't obvious by now, Sakurai/Nintendo has a clear preference for Japanese characters. I really don't think Banjo & Kazooie or Shovel Knight stood a chance, let alone Golden Sun or *laughs* Donkey Kong Country/Metroid Prime.

Actually, I guess what's most surprising is how easy in theory it would've been to simply port Wolf, yet they still opted not to.

Bad Box Art Snake Man Joins the Battle!

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #6188 on: December 24, 2015, 06:49:16 AM
Fire Emblem apparently got a big popularity boost after Awakening.  The special edition of Fates is running over $200 for scalped pre-orders these days.  ;O;  Corrin is in Smash4 for the same reason that Roy was in Melee, although I'm not sure how well that strategy works with paid DLC, but it seems to be a moot point.

While I miss Wolf too, there would have been just as much if not more backlash for saving a semi-clone Brawl port for one of the last few fighters.  Corrin is unique character who people are bitching about for no reason other than what series he is attached to, which is really senseless when you think about it.  Doubly so in that there is no unified answer of which "fan favorite" allegedly should have got in ahead of him.  I mean, who's been the most popularly demanded Nintendo character?  K. Rool?  EVERYBODY has their own favorites that they personally want to see in.  I have my own favorites that I want to see in.  But you need to let it go at some point.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6189 on: December 24, 2015, 07:00:18 AM
My main thing is I don't get why people get mad of one series having lots of charaters in Smash when said series has hundreds and hundreads of characters.  This isn't even a significant fraction of the amount of Fire Emblem characters, I mean granted all of them are Lords but I still just find it silly.

I mean I get pissed off more when someone whines about there being too many Pokemon, even though there's 721of the guys and all of the Pokemon fighters are unique unlike some of the Fire Emblem characters.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #6190 on: December 24, 2015, 07:29:05 AM
The thing about the "similar" FE characters is that they're all highly demanded anyway.  I mean, who here would honestly have wanted to see Smash 4 without Lucina?  That's right, NOBODY.  And despite the game having 4 reps already everyone still wanted, and rejoiced when they were granted, Roy.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #6191 on: December 24, 2015, 07:31:29 AM
I mean I get pissed off more when someone whines about there being too many Pokemon, even though there's 721of the guys and all of the Pokemon fighters are unique unlike some of the Fire Emblem characters.

*coughPichucough*

But in all seriousness, the main issue is that we have three unique fire emblem characters (Ike, Robin and Corrin) and Marth, Girl Marth and Red Marth. Honestly if we never got Lucina or the return of Roy there probably wouldn't have been any issue but instead its a relatively B/C-tier Nintendo franchise that only VERY recently got any proper US attention with an equal amount of reps as Pokemon, one more than Zelda, and one short of Mario.

Honestly with how popular Kirby is (and how it and Kid Icarus are Sakurai's babies) i'm really surprised we didn't get like Bandanna Waddle Dee or something.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6192 on: December 24, 2015, 07:37:35 AM
It could be Sakurai is saving Bandana Waddle for when he's in another Kirby game where he's playable, but I do find it strange since he does have enough moves for a Moveset.  However I have absolutely no idea how a Final Smash with him would work.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #6193 on: December 24, 2015, 07:46:33 AM
It could be Sakurai is saving Bandana Waddle for when he's in another Kirby game where he's playable, but I do find it strange since he does have enough moves for a Moveset.  However I have absolutely no idea how a Final Smash with him would work.

Honestly with how they rehash the same ones multiple times it could literally just be Dedede's again.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6194 on: December 24, 2015, 07:51:08 AM
I wouldn't think Sakurai would do that with his own characters to be honest.  I mean the only thing I could think of is a Waddle Dee Stampede or Waddle Dee beat down, not a copy of Dedede's.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #6195 on: December 24, 2015, 08:44:38 AM
I wouldn't think Sakurai would do that with his own characters to be honest.  I mean the only thing I could think of is a Waddle Dee Stampede or Waddle Dee beat down, not a copy of Dedede's.

I forgot, did they change DeDeDe's in Sm4sh? Because it was him summoning lots of Waddle Dees in Brawl.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6196 on: December 24, 2015, 09:07:52 AM
I think he has more Gordos or something.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #6197 on: December 24, 2015, 10:40:21 PM
They did change Dedede's FS in Sm4sh. It's way more effective. His Side B being only Gordos is also much better than what he had in Brawl. I saw a video that beat Classic 9.0 with Dedede without customs or equipment. The Gordos absolutely [tornado fang]'d up Master Core.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #6198 on: December 25, 2015, 12:47:05 AM
They did change Dedede's FS in Sm4sh. It's way more effective. His Side B being only Gordos is also much better than what he had in Brawl. I saw a video that beat Classic 9.0 with Dedede without customs or equipment. The Gordos absolutely [tornado fang]'d up Master Core.

Classic 9.0 3DS or Wii U?

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #6199 on: December 25, 2015, 04:28:02 AM
Wii U. In fact here's the video.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xZHikdgCjM[/yt]
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 05:06:36 AM by Protoman Blues »

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.