Offline TGHoly

• Net Navi
  • RPM Member
    • View Profile
on: December 02, 2014, 09:23:00 AM
**Update 30/06/2017**
Hi again!

It's been long time but just want to let's you know the game still alive. :D
We've change engine to Game maker studios 2 and rework most part of the game which make it technically become different game from the demo tileset and character animations also improved.

Here's some gif animation capture during test show character in action.

So many people say Erika Power and weapons too much situation and hard to use now she come back with new weapons and power!

Zeta Power from demo seem little bit too strong so we nerf it.... (but still need to balance some more) but atleast player can upgrade it back to OP version in late game and just like Erika he also got new stuff in his arsenal.

Third Character "Neva" She can glide in the air!

Also ... We experiment "Gear" Mechanic in Metagal but seem like people hate it... so we scrap it in Metaloid and working on different mechanic include emergency HP recovery, Compare to Metagal We intent to make level this game more free roam and give large space for player to move around.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 01:31:07 AM by TGHoly »

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 01:42:59 PM
Looks pretty interesting so far.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 04:59:32 AM
I like the characters~ :3 and you could probably do a lot with this game mechanic wise! Looking forward to seeing more progress! >w<

Offline TGHoly

• Net Navi
  • RPM Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 13, 2015, 02:10:35 PM
[youtube]! No longer available[/youtube]

We just got enough resource to make first game play trailer and we really happy and really want to show it here.

Metaloid:Origin is about robot race know as Metaloid fight against invasion of evil cooperation empire who came from another world and plot to blow up their planet "Utopa" in order to harvest precious rare mineral "Soulrium" which contain enough energy to rule entire galaxy.

Now we also prepare to release Demo version on this 20 September.

You can follow our project at.
http://www.moddb.com/games/metaloidorigin
https://www.facebook.com/metaloidgame?ref=hl
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 02:21:48 PM by Dr. Wily II »

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 13, 2015, 03:47:11 PM
They left the mouse cursor in the footage for their official trailer.....................

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline TGHoly

• Net Navi
  • RPM Member
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 13, 2015, 06:31:23 PM
lol just notice thank you  >0<

*Edit* Fixed

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 14, 2015, 12:26:05 AM
How far along are you guys anyway? I think I would like to race Zan on livestream in this game.

Is it a straight up level by level progression? Or something more Metroid?

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline TGHoly

• Net Navi
  • RPM Member
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 14, 2015, 12:52:42 AM
Thank you for your interest!

our game progress now about 50% while engine is now ready what we have leave is put all content together.

game level will more like straight up level by level progression than metroidvania and we want to give our game at least 8-10 levels and expand content later with free DLC if it success.

you can see our goal feature here.

[Feature Plan]
- Free game with 90% content can be unlock by playing. [IOS/Android Only]
- 5 Playable character with different power and weapons.
- 8-10 level feature different environment.
- More than 20 type of weapons.

We will release game demo on this 20 September and I'll come here to update it for sure!

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #8 on: September 14, 2015, 01:54:17 AM
Will there be a PC version available in digital distribution services like Desura?

Offline TGHoly

• Net Navi
  • RPM Member
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 14, 2015, 02:35:12 AM
We like to release our game on many platform as possible.Desura/Steam green lite is another choice but what we want to see for now is our game is good enough to attract people or not and how we can improve it.

It's reason why we want to release some demo since early stage of development because if we found problem on our design we can make major change for it.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 14, 2015, 03:29:57 AM
Sounds good. I suppose with the 20th being so soon, you can say how much of the game the demo will include? I may be interested in streaming that alone.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline TGHoly

• Net Navi
  • RPM Member
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 14, 2015, 04:19:13 AM
Demo content might little limit and missing some feature we promise in full game.
- 2 Levels with full boss fight. [estimate about 10-15 min long]
- 2 Playable characters [from total 5]
- No equipment change feature.
- Fix weapons for characters 3 type for each but player earn them from start.
- No helper item such as double income , Gems magnet , Barrier.
- Collect Soulrium [aka Gems] and Gear might not so useful as what it will be in full game.

Feature we want but not promise to finish in time for Demo. [and we can't delay demo release for reason]
- Keyboard Customize
- Controller support
[Now if you want to use controller we suggest Motion Joy or BetterDs3 instead]

Weird thing you might experience.
- Using mouse click on Game Menu ; Since the game originally design for Mobile but this will not happen when we make full version for PC.

What we expect from release of this demo.
- The game is fun?
- Idea and feedback from player such as what feature they want or expect.
- What we can improve.
- Game bug glitch...
- Difficulty and Balance.
- Improve reputation with player.

In full game player use Gems and Gear to unlock characters and weapons since Demo version miss this feature both item might not so useful but at least player able to spend Gear  for instant re-spawn on location or choose to spend Gems and re-spawn on check point.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #12 on: September 14, 2015, 05:38:07 AM
OMG~ This is the type of cutesy action game I always wanted to create someday! This is very impressive!! (OwO)

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: September 14, 2015, 05:48:44 AM
I'm sold on this already, agreed. Best of luck to you.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: September 14, 2015, 06:41:00 AM
[Now if you want to use controller we suggest Motion Joy or BetterDs3 instead]
Please no. MalwareinJoy is always bad news. [link] (It's one of the reason why I went out of my way to get a Logitech F310.) Is there any way that at least XInput drivers can be implemented into the game?

Offline TGHoly

• Net Navi
  • RPM Member
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: September 14, 2015, 10:16:22 AM
lol ok it's your choice to choose them since we not include any of them with our game. just want to tell you which feature we missing for now. but we will try to comfort our player much as possible in the time we have left.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: September 15, 2015, 04:49:29 AM
Am I understanding correctly that your game has already released on mobile and is now coming to PC? Or is the game not finished for any platforms yet?

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline TGHoly

• Net Navi
  • RPM Member
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: September 15, 2015, 10:15:31 AM
No our game not yet release on anywhere. [since it not yet finish]

2 Year ago we release the game call Metaloid: Reactor Guardian on Mobile and game stick it more like mini game we intent to design to invest money for develop this game [but we failed however since we want to make it so much we continue to do it anyway].

Our previous game.
[youtube]! No longer available[/youtube]

we intent to make Metaloid: Origin base on our previous game code but later the game become more complex we decide to code the game from start and redraw most animation for characters.

Eve we failed but we also learn a lot from those game it give us many useful info.

If you have smart phone you can try our previous game here for free.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.retrorevolution.metaloid_re

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: September 15, 2015, 08:39:18 PM
I'll give it a try tonight. (No guarantee it'll run on my [parasitic bomb]-tier phone, but I guess I can download an android emu.)

I also understand Viper's complaints regarding the lack of controller integration, but I think he came off too strong. While this early in development controller support is no big deal, especially since from what I understand the android release comes first, it IS really important that you try to work it in for the PC release, even if just for Xbox 360 controller support. Maybe if this was just a free-to-play indie download, keyboard only can be forgiven, but at this point a Steam release almost requires XInput support.

Like I said, it's no big deal right now, but once (if) your hearts are set on a PC release, really consider it.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: September 15, 2015, 09:14:11 PM
Oh yeah, I think I remember seeing this game cropping up at YoYo Games' website some time ago.

I also understand Viper's complaints regarding the lack of controller integration, but I think he came off too strong. While this early in development controller support is no big deal, especially since from what I understand the android release comes first, it IS really important that you try to work it in for the PC release, even if just for Xbox 360 controller support. Maybe if this was just a free-to-play indie download, keyboard only can be forgiven, but at this point a Steam release almost requires XInput support.

Like I said, it's no big deal right now, but once (if) your hearts are set on a PC release, really consider it.
This is what I really meant in controller support, as far as the PC release is concerned. I mean I'm okay with keyboard only as long as a) the keyboard set-up isn't confusing or b) at least allow you to rebind them natively and save the settings. I've played my fair of PC games with keyboard but a few of times developers will either not allow players to rebind the keys natively and/or give them a really confusing set-up that makes playing the game with just the keyboard borderline unplayable (e.g. Gunhound EX, Phantom Breaker: Battlegrounds). Although something like that might warrant a "then use Xpadder/JoyToKey" response, but then but makes me want to ask "well if the player doesn't have controller at all?" because not everyone has an Xbox 360 or a DualShock 3 laying around, and even using AutoHotkey can sometimes cause undesired side-effects if used incorrectly from my experience with hijacking Phatom Breaker: Battleground's unbindable keyboard set-up.

Offline TGHoly

• Net Navi
  • RPM Member
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: September 16, 2015, 01:21:19 AM
Truly we have no problem to make our game support controller or keyboard set-up we just didn't have enough time make those function work for Demo.

however  I can give you info about our current control.
[Basic]
- Z = Shoot [Most weapons function as automatic only few need to fire per press]
- X = Jump
- C = Use Special Attack [Special power in M:O very powerful and free to use but you have about 7 second delay for each fire.
- Q = Switch Weapons [Only Main gun cost no Energy]
- 4 Direction Arrow Key = Move

[Advance]
- Forward x2 = Sprint
- Down x Jump = Fall
- Splint + Jump = Long Jump

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: September 16, 2015, 01:23:23 AM
ZXC, classic.

I'm more partial to C for Jump and Space for shoot but that's tried and true.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: September 16, 2015, 01:54:51 AM
Sounds like a plan to me (and much better than Gunhound's awkward set-up), though since my early GBA emulation days I've usually a Z: Jump / X: Fire type of guy though I can probably manage with the opposite after playing some other games like Lethal Crisis or Mega Man X8 where the Z key isn't used to jump by default. Q for Weapon Select might be iffy since it's a bit trickier to reach than, let's say, the A or S keys.

Offline TGHoly

• Net Navi
  • RPM Member
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: September 16, 2015, 02:10:42 AM
We will see if we can do anything with time we have left to make our control more comfortable to player but can't promise.  >U<

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: September 17, 2015, 11:37:57 PM
Ah so that is where I got confused. You have a different game released under the same main title.

It is interesting that you are still working even though the first one did not go over that well. Truth be told it is not likely a game that can be a mobile success. You are right to attempt a PC release.

It is a heart warming story. I understand where you guys are coming from. I hope you can finish and do well! I await the demo.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout