Mega Man Archie Comics

Psycho Yuffie · 95508

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #225 on: December 18, 2012, 05:56:16 PM
In their defense, there's only a couple of minor differences between Quint and M-Shadow, visually. And I dunno how widely-circulated that colour art of M-Shadow actually was.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #226 on: December 18, 2012, 06:04:17 PM
And I dunno how widely-circulated that colour art of M-Shadow actually was.

It's the first google hit for his name.

They had to have seen it. The buster design is taken from it. Also Ian's script does clearly acknowledge him as 'different but similar.'

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #227 on: December 18, 2012, 07:13:50 PM
Given that Hornet Man's design changes were revealed, would it be possible for them to crack a joke about it when he shows up as Doc's L & L had something to do with it, bickering about the design.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Yoku Man

• Robot Master of Yoku Blocks.
  • Resistance Member
  • "Don't Trust Your Eyes, Trust Mine."
    • View Profile
Reply #228 on: January 13, 2013, 10:57:41 PM
I am impressed with the latest issue (#21). Seems they're fleshing out the Archie Original characters more and still focusing well on such cool age old moral plot points, like the Ghost in a Machine, the laws of robotics, the ethics in giving them the freedom of human beings. Xander is a great villain and viewpoint for the anti-robot perspective. Its also kinda unnerving to think that in the end, he's right... Robots will destroy humanity! Wouldn't it be awesome if somehow he ends up seeing a vision of the future in X's time which fuels his extreme obsession even more?
I have to say I love the reviews that Erico does on the Mega Man Network, too! He hits the nail on the head with his analysis of the themes and subjects that lie hidden in the pages.

http://www.themmnetwork.com/2013/01/12/the-blue-ink-archies-mega-man-21-time-humanity-and-the-universe/

Offline DarkWaltz

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Magic bananas!
    • View Profile
    • DarkWaltz's DeviantArt Page
Reply #229 on: January 14, 2013, 02:24:46 AM
I enjoyed #21. But Erico already did a very good review and points out things I enjoyed. Although my favorite panel is Time Man after it hits midnight looking at the clock on his chest that seems a minute or two behind. XD That face...

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #230 on: February 01, 2013, 02:31:17 AM
Covers and synopsis for Part 5 of WWC.

The Genesis Unit will be involved, as will some crossover-born copy-robots. Facsimiles of Amy, Shadow, and Knux are shown on the main cover, though there could be more.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #231 on: February 01, 2013, 10:21:09 PM
Part 5? When did parts 1-4 happen?

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #232 on: February 02, 2013, 01:36:46 AM
Part 5? When did parts 1-4 happen?
It seems you're oblivious to how the industry works in terms of "previews" and "sneak peeks".

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #233 on: February 03, 2013, 10:35:55 AM
It seems you're oblivious to how the industry works in terms of "previews" and "sneak peeks".
Well...I am. Being not american and not reading comic books...

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #234 on: February 06, 2013, 07:15:44 AM
Normal covers for part 6 and 7.

Sonic riding Rush has to be one of the cutest things ever. XDD

Offline Vile 0

• Infinity Giggity Giggity Goo.
  • Net Navi
  • Aw-right!
    • View Profile
Reply #235 on: February 07, 2013, 12:30:53 AM
I went to my local comic book store today. Apparently he can't seem to order Volume 2, but I did put myself down for the 12 issue cross over with Sonic. Gonna be the first sonic comic I've purchased in -years-.

If I can enjoy the cross over, I can probably enjoy the series. So I'll order the 1, 3 and 4 paper backs from the comic store and the 2nd online if I have to.

Offline Mary_Nelson

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #236 on: March 14, 2013, 04:43:35 AM
Awesome little things in issue 23:
[spoiler]
Auto's car shows up
Dr. Wily has Ra Moon themed slippers and a dressing gown, and a skull shaped coffee mug
The Mayor from Rockboard shows up (so I guess this means they're going to use the Stardroids and Fan?)
The pet store has a dog, cat, and bird that look almost exactly like Rush, Tango, and Beat.
Mega Man has been contacted about a soccer endorsement.

[/spoiler]

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
    • N-Mario's Gaming Universe
Reply #237 on: July 09, 2013, 08:36:58 PM
Sorry to bump this topic up, but does anyone know where I can buy part three and part four of the MegaMan Sonic Worlds Collide? Those two are missing from my subscription. I'm getting the others, I just missed those two. I need to buy them somewhere. Archie's official page doesn't seem to have anywhere where to buy the comics individually. :P

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #238 on: July 28, 2013, 05:45:38 PM
You could try Amazon (I'd say "or eBay" but something tells me the prices there are much higher); failing that, I guess you'd have to get lucky when going to your local comic shop or book stores (I found a few older WWC issues that way).

On another note, Part 12 should be out on July 31st.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #239 on: August 02, 2013, 02:59:25 AM
Yesterday I got the prelude to Blackout.

Very...emotional.  As they already demonstrated during Spiritus Ex Machina, Archie definitely has the hang of the whole "just because you're writing a comic that includes children in the audience doesn't mean you have to patronize them" thing.  They nailed this issue, I'd say.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #240 on: August 28, 2013, 10:11:15 PM
[spoiler=Worlds Collide Ending]Am I the only one who felt that Sonic's cut off at mid sentence at the end of ch.12 of the Worlds Collide was a bit off? I actually expected something else. At least a better ending than just "fade to white, and eveythings back to normal". It's like I'd have to go and read the next Sonic comic to see if it was actually cut off like that when he returned to his world, or if his sentence continued somewhere when he left the Worlds Collide comic.[/spoiler]

Whatever the case was, the ending felt a bit off to me, for whatever reason. Just quite couldn't put my finger on it that something felt missing there.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #241 on: August 29, 2013, 05:50:11 AM
[spoiler=Worlds Collide Ending]Am I the only one who felt that Sonic's cut off at mid sentence at the end of ch.12 of the Worlds Collide was a bit off? I actually expected something else. At least a better ending than just "fade to white, and eveythings back to normal". It's like I'd have to go and read the next Sonic comic to see if it was actually cut off like that when he returned to his world, or if his sentence continued somewhere when he left the Worlds Collide comic.[/spoiler]

Whatever the case was, the ending felt a bit off to me, for whatever reason. Just quite couldn't put my finger on it that something felt missing there.

Putting it bluntly, the [spoiler]ending of Worlds Collide occured so that they could retcon a lot of the excessive fat out of the Sonic comics, as well as issue redesigns for some of the cast. That's why Sonic "failed" to stop Eggman at the very end there - their universe just got damaged and possibly heavily altered. For real.[/spoiler]

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #242 on: September 11, 2013, 07:21:00 PM
[spoiler=Comic #29]
What the hell is up with Heat Man relaxing in the water like that? He just exposed his weakness! Does he himself not know he could be damaging himself? :O
[/spoiler]

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #243 on: September 13, 2013, 05:27:33 AM
Putting it bluntly, the [spoiler]ending of Worlds Collide occured so that they could retcon a lot of the excessive fat out of the Sonic comics, as well as issue redesigns for some of the cast. That's why Sonic "failed" to stop Eggman at the very end there - their universe just got damaged and possibly heavily altered. For real.[/spoiler]
...I REALLY hope that is not permanent.  It wouldn't surprise me if it was, mind you, but I hope it isn't.  The redesigns don't work for me and I kinda hate just abandoning the current arc where it was.  We'll see what the "Countdown to Chaos" story brings, I guess.

The point has been brought up that this may have something to do with ye olde Ken Penders lawsuit (ass).  If so, we could be looking at dropping several long-standing characters.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #244 on: September 15, 2013, 01:37:32 AM
...I REALLY hope that is not permanent.  It wouldn't surprise me if it was, mind you, but I hope it isn't.  The redesigns don't work for me and I kinda hate just abandoning the current arc where it was.  We'll see what the "Countdown to Chaos" story brings, I guess.

The point has been brought up that this may have something to do with ye olde Ken Penders lawsuit (ass).  If so, we could be looking at dropping several long-standing characters.
The current stories couldn't have continued without many of its important characters. I for one welcome the soft reset, though yeah, we'll see what Countdown to Chaos brings.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #245 on: September 15, 2013, 03:04:50 AM
...I REALLY hope that is not permanent.  It wouldn't surprise me if it was, mind you, but I hope it isn't.  The redesigns don't work for me and I kinda hate just abandoning the current arc where it was.  We'll see what the "Countdown to Chaos" story brings, I guess.

Practically every Archie Sonic comic fan was jumping on the subject to say Ken Penders is responsible, but either way, we'll have to see. Speaking of Ken Penders, this horrifying thing exists because of him in his attempt to take 'his' characters for his own comics:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

But yeah, more on-topic, how good would everyone say the Archie Mega Man comics are so far? It seems a lot of people really like them aside from a few 'plot gets resolved too fast' bits here and there, but I may be remembering wrong.

Bwahahahaha
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 03:48:54 AM by Nexus »

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #246 on: September 16, 2013, 04:55:44 AM
[spoiler]...I will count myself insanely lucky if I can ever forget the hideousness of that Spoiler image the next time I read the 30YL story.[/spoiler]

Thanks for the hilarity of the Mega Man cover.  Almost makes up for......THAT THING.

Anyways, most of the complaints to quick pacing refer to those segments in which the comic is re-telling the games, so that's kind of a damned-if-you-do/damned-if-you-don't thing.  Overall I'd say it's been awesome.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #247 on: October 03, 2013, 10:11:07 PM

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #248 on: October 03, 2013, 11:51:06 PM
Spaz doing Mega Man X.  It is not physically possible for it to be anything but awesome.

(and somehow the Command Mission title theme chimes in my head whenever I see that preview image)

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #249 on: October 03, 2013, 11:52:32 PM
Aaaaand some of the comments at Protodude's are good examples of "if you don't care, then DON'T [parasitic bomb] IN THE COMMENTS SECTION".

I'm very interested in the directions this could take, and I have faith that there won't be nearly as many hanging plot threads as in the X games proper if this feature ends up getting its own book.