The "What are you currently playing?" Thread

Saber · 725035

Offline Splash

• B-Class Hunter
  • Something here?
    • View Profile
Reply #3350 on: January 06, 2013, 05:55:00 PM
Ys: The oath in Felghana for PSP.
I only started playing, and I already like it! Maybe because it's full of action. Maybe because of good soundtrack.
Also playing Killzone: Liberation. So difficult to aim.

http://quickmaster-exe.deviantart.com/
I like to draw... NOT!
Seriously.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3351 on: January 09, 2013, 12:05:39 AM
After the tedium of farming money in Z1, I'm playing Mega Man Zero 2. Dude, this game is already like... 50 times better than Z1. Tighter level design, better structure, cooler music and bosses.

Phoenix Magnion's stage must have been designed by 4 or 5 people who had their own great ideas (including a Space Invaders mini-game!) and then the director decided to just add everything. There's like 3 alternate paths in that stage, non-linear objective, exclusive mini-bosses... cool stuff. Or hot, 'cause it's... lava...

I'm getting the EX Skills and Forms to have a complete file. So far, no problem (my rank is A, but I got a 99P on that one stage, so my average is a pretty high A).

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #3352 on: January 09, 2013, 02:10:15 PM
Banjo-Kazooie. Well I'm just playing this, because I thought it was fun to play, after watching the Game Grumps play it.

Fear me.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3353 on: January 09, 2013, 05:34:20 PM
Only the temple stages left in Z2, will finish later tonight. All EX Skills are mine. I have the whole day free tomorrow so I should probably get Z3 done. \o/

After I beat Z4 I'm gonna play some GC games to test the cable extension. Viewtiful Joe, RE4 and (of course) Metroid Prime are on my list.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #3354 on: January 10, 2013, 01:48:16 AM
Beat Popful Mail finally.

What a fun little game that was, shame it never got released on anything but the Sega CD.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3355 on: January 10, 2013, 02:32:04 PM
Zero 2 is 100%'d.

Z3, let's go.

Beat the first four stages. 95 point average now, which gives me a lot of room for error in the hardest missions later. Getting there was tricky, though, because I kept dying in the lava stage, and I had to memorize the water stage switches for 100% mission objective.

All Secret Disks and EX Skills collected so far.

And yeah... it's probably my favorite. Level design is super polished, cool powers (Recoil Rod!) and bosses. Now you can even use a couple Cyber-Elves without losing rank points, and equip chips for a variety of abilities (also with no penalty). And the story is actually sweet!

I plan to 100% this game today. I really really want to watch the Dark Souls speed-run at the AGDQ marathon, but it's gonna happen at like 3 a.m. here in Brazil. Z3, keep me awake!

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3356 on: January 10, 2013, 04:49:38 PM
More Banjo-Kazooie. When I got to the part with the...[spoiler] turtle music class[/spoiler] I thought to myself, why didn't the Game Grumps play this part, I could already hear myself lmao, if it happened.

Fear me.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #3357 on: January 10, 2013, 05:09:32 PM
if they want to even reach the final battle with enough notes and jiggies, they have to do that one eventually, among other jiggies in the 9 worlds in Grunty's Lair. ^^;

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3358 on: January 11, 2013, 02:55:48 PM
Z3 is sort of 100%'d. I collected everything, but didn't use/kill any permanent Cyber-Elves. The reason is because if one day I lose my sanity and decide to 100P this game, it'll be nice to have a new game+ file with all the Cyber-Elves, EX Skills and chips ready, and no penalty to my rank.

Hyped for Z4 now. :) Dunno if I can 100% it today, there's just so many parts and recipes and stuff.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #3359 on: January 12, 2013, 09:15:31 PM
Some HL2 mods, namely, Awakening, Ground Complex, Overwatch, Rock 24, and Human Error. The latter two have been patched so they work on the current Source engine.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #3360 on: January 13, 2013, 09:09:15 AM
Was playing Pokemon Black (Using Action Replay to cheese my way through since I just want to get the story done.), Got through Driftveil and down through the electric cave place (I don't remember its name).

Then my leg brushed up against the AR.
And I had forgotten to save, which I always do.

So now I'm back in Driftveil before Cold Storage.

[tornado fang] this, I don't want to play anymore.

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3361 on: January 13, 2013, 10:58:27 AM
Again, more Banjo-Kazooie. Decided to use the infinite air cheat, because I got sick and tired of drowning, from Rusty Bucket Bay and onwards, but not because of that, I suck at swimming underwater. The controls just seem to [parasitic bomb] on me once I'm in water.

The camera really sucks at staying still at times when I have to make a cautious jump.

Fear me.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #3362 on: January 13, 2013, 12:08:32 PM
Unchained Blades.

Fun game. Good music.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #3363 on: January 13, 2013, 01:03:54 PM
Again, more Banjo-Kazooie. Decided to use the infinite air cheat, because I got sick and tired of drowning, from Rusty Bucket Bay and onwards, but not because of that, I suck at swimming underwater. The controls just seem to [parasitic bomb] on me once I'm in water.

The camera really sucks at staying still at times when I have to make a cautious jump.

This
Except Conker's Bad Fur Day.
I am earnestly surprised I made it through that catfist part.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3364 on: January 13, 2013, 10:39:52 PM
Played and finished Metroid Prime in 2:22, one sitting.

Sequence breaks were the usual, except that I grabbed Spider Ball. Pity that ONE ROOM is what makes me get that item, but at least it makes some other places easier (and fighting Thardus with Plasma is ridiculous). Skipped Thermal Visor, Gravity Suit, Super Missile and Grapple.

I did the hardest tricks fast enough, so I'm happy. Early Artifact of Wild and the Overworld gate skip to Phazon Mines in particular. I always get nervous with those but today they were no big deal.

Oh, and the cable extension for the controller works just fine. Playing on my bed is awesome. I'll play something else on the GC next.

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3365 on: January 14, 2013, 10:37:18 AM
Playing Megaman Legends. TBH, this is actually the VERY FIRST TIME playing this series right now, since I was kinda, "not interested" in this back then, but felt like playing it, because I felt like experiencing what was really good about these.

Fear me.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3366 on: January 14, 2013, 01:37:29 PM
I beat Legends for the first time only recently. Thought it was pretty sweet.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #3367 on: January 15, 2013, 01:51:46 AM
People think I'm crazy for this, but I still prefer the first Legends to the second one.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #3368 on: January 15, 2013, 03:36:31 AM
I like the whole inter-connectivity with the Kattelox Island, where both the town area and the dungeons were attached to each other no matter where you went. Then there's the whole mood and feel of the game itself, so many fun characters and things to interact with, with some in-jokes from Capcom here and there. XD

I still enjoy all 3 games (including Tron Bonne) to this day, and I'm glad I live streamed them a few years back. ^^

Rockman DASH 1
Rockman DASH 2 Episode 1 (Demo included with Tron Bonne)
Tron ni Kobun (MoTB)
Rockman Dash 2 Episode 2 (Full Game)

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3369 on: January 15, 2013, 01:11:44 PM
A bit of Banjo-Tooie, whenever I need to take a break from MML, every now and then. Oh, and doing some idle boosting on Gears of War 3.

Fear me.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3370 on: January 15, 2013, 07:47:41 PM
Zone of the Enders HD Collection

Aiming to 100% the first game. Those rescue missions are a PAIN to A-Rank. Kinda dumb how you can't choose the rescue missions or go back to areas when you beat the game. I think I missed one sub-weapon when I beat it, now I have to start all over. Really bad game design there. Other than that, it's pretty fun.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3371 on: January 18, 2013, 03:05:52 PM
I'm still playing the Metroid Prime games, then will move on to Viewtiful Joe I think.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #3372 on: January 18, 2013, 07:02:20 PM
I finally got on HL2: EP1 and 2. Still on EP1, on the chapter Lowlife. I've never been more scared. Not even in Ravenholm. [tornado fang] The One Free Bullet, if a zombine pops up behind me in a pitch black parking garage followed by a swarm of Antlions, I'm bringing out my good friend SPAS-12.

Also, I'm not sure if I've mentioned this yet but I AM still playing Bastion. I believe I'm up to the second Shard to repair the Bastion after Zulf broke it in his little tantrum. This is hands down in the top-tier of RPGs, no contest. Some of the best storytelling I've ever encountered in a game.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #3373 on: January 18, 2013, 07:38:50 PM
Rucks' story-telling voice~ <3

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3374 on: January 19, 2013, 07:38:09 AM
When I told my best friend I didn't finish Bastion he pretty much threatened to disown me.
Still haven't gotten back to it. :<

Doing a 4th run of Dishonoured. Just whoring all the remaining achievements because it's the kind of game I just really want to clear 100%.

Also played a bit of the PS3 remake of Medal of Honour: Frontline. A lot of the graphical effects and environments didn't transition well but I don't really care because I just wanted my 60FPS.

Also also started Ys IV: The Dawn of Ys with the latest English patch. It has a fandub and it's about as bad as a low budget 90's dub would sound. Good job I guess...?