The "What are you currently playing?" Thread

Saber · 726446

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3625 on: April 07, 2013, 09:05:15 AM
Skyrim.

Maybe some archeologist will find my body one day, hunched over my keyboard.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #3626 on: April 08, 2013, 02:08:29 AM
I haven't posted here in while, probably would talk about what I've been playing lately...

BioShock (Xbox 360)
Still messing around in the first game before I tackle BioShock 2. I'm playing a fresh new game on Survivor and it's somewhat more challenging than, and that's because I'm skipping the health and EVE upgrades from the Gatherer's Garden though I got a bit of extra health and EVE from fully researching the Little Sisters.

[spoiler=Significant story spoilers!]Might need it when Fontaine starts messing with my heart and weaken my health (while at the same time, boosting my EVE, what an idiot) after "would you kindly?" stopped working when Bridget cured his mind-control on me.[/spoiler]

Yahtzee is right about one of things in BioShock 1, it is possible to amass items and over-power most of your opponents with little effort, hence where the self-imposed challenge comes in. I'll probably dump some of my money on gambling to bring my wallet down, but when did that one time before a Bouncer went berserk like Ms. Simian from The Amazing World of Gumball steroids and clocked me, I ended up winning the jackpot.

Ultimate Knight Windom XP (PC, Doujin)
Replaying this game's Aracde Mode to re-unlock the mechas now I am using an English patch for v2.008, but fierce [tornado fang] does the computer cheat. The last few stages of Arcade Mode puts you in a hopeless with mechs that not only outnumber you and your idiot of a team-mate in these fights, but also over-power your team as well. What also screws you over is either your idiot team-mates will get themselves killed, leaving YOU to take the onslaught, or they get destroyed so many times they drain your team's battle meter quickly. Thank God the people at the Amecha forums made cheat programs to turn the playing field to the players' advantage. Normally I'm against cheating, but in this case: fudge it!

DuckTales (NES)
I have to say, I still regret not playing this as a kid because I'm really liking this game so far. I so far was able to play through the Amazon stage, it was challenging but finding some of the secrets blind felt pretty rewarding. I can see why WayForward are simplifying some of the stuff for HD remastering like po-go jumping of Scrouge's cane, but that's nothing a little bit of practice can't fix. I got stuck in Magica De Spell's level and lost all my lives there. Such a confusing place...

On the side, I'm messing with MotioninJoy to use a PS3 controller to play a few of my doujin games with; Crescent Pale Mist on PC almost like PSN version without the English and updated graphics. Listening Zakat's boss theme from Z.O.E The 2nd Runner while typing this with my Wii really me wish I had Z.O.E HD for my Xbox 360 right about now. I miss grabbing dudes and beating the crap out of them with thier team-mates... :'(

I don't have Space Marine, but I do have Kill Team since it's a Shoot'em Up (shmup) type game. I'm slow-pacing that game tho, since I have a huge backlog of other games to finish. ^^;

Didn't knew that was a shoot 'em up. Is it any good?

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #3627 on: April 08, 2013, 02:43:27 AM
Didn't knew that was a shoot 'em up. Is it any good?

Think of it like a overhead action shooter, similar to Smash TV. It has some good moments, worth a trial run at least. ^^

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3628 on: April 08, 2013, 03:02:38 AM
Think of it like a overhead action shooter, similar to Smash TV. It has some good moments, worth a trial run at least. ^^

With that example and being familiar with Beat Hazard, then I might try it out. Thanks.

Skyrim.

Maybe some archeologist will find my body one day, hunched over my keyboard.

That reminds me, I need to get back to playing Skyrim on my Xbox someday, although BioShock and El Shaddai's surrealism has gotten my hands full.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #3629 on: April 08, 2013, 04:06:22 AM
Fun fact about Kill Team, it was made on the side by a few devs in their spare time. They brought it to THq's attention, and they helped fund the rest of the way for release.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3630 on: April 08, 2013, 02:47:43 PM
Close to the end of Skyward Sword on Hero. With the Heart Medallion, there's pretty much no challenge. I'm enjoying this playthrough better than my first, though.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3631 on: April 08, 2013, 04:00:15 PM
I tried out he demo for Warhammer 40k: Kill Team last night and it's not bad. I might get it if I ever get the money for it.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #3632 on: April 08, 2013, 05:49:52 PM
Close to the end of Skyward Sword on Hero. With the Heart Medallion, there's pretty much no challenge. I'm enjoying this playthrough better than my first, though.

The heart medallion kills the whole challenge. Take it off.

And your shield.
And don't get any heart pieces.
That was a fun time.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3633 on: April 08, 2013, 06:13:38 PM
Now that you mention it, I don't think I ever use my shield... and it's fully upgraded, too. X(

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3634 on: April 08, 2013, 11:55:50 PM
With that example and being familiar with Beat Hazard, then I might try it out. Thanks.

That reminds me, I need to get back to playing Skyrim on my Xbox someday, although BioShock and El Shaddai's surrealism has gotten my hands full.
Im playing the PC version.

It's fun to be able to mod it.

Plus I just find aiming with the mouse to feel more natural to me.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #3635 on: April 08, 2013, 11:57:31 PM
Finished BioShock Infinite. All I can say is that this was an AMAZING game. I loved it from beginning to end. I'm resuming RE4 now and I'm gonna start up the first BioShock title as well.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #3636 on: April 09, 2013, 02:13:48 AM

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3637 on: April 09, 2013, 02:27:06 AM

Looks like a gender-bent Django

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #3638 on: April 09, 2013, 02:33:32 AM
That reminds me. I should pick Boktai back up.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3639 on: April 09, 2013, 02:50:11 AM
So that's the character Mirby's avatar is from. I'll have my eyes set on this game, it looks interesting.

Archer

Reply #3640 on: April 09, 2013, 09:38:19 AM
So that's the character Mirby's avatar is from. I'll have my eyes set on this game, it looks interesting.

Personally I'd never play a game that Mirby associates himself with.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #3641 on: April 09, 2013, 05:19:53 PM

I've had that for a while but haven't gotten around to playing it. XD
Looks like a gender-bent Django
heh i thought of django as well >0<

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3642 on: April 12, 2013, 02:20:04 PM
Harp mini-game... that [dark hold]!

100%'d Skyward Sword on Hero. At least all the quest items and major collectables. I'm not getting 99 of each insect/treasure 'cause that would be slightly insane...

Boss rush was tough. I'm sure with practice it's no big deal, but fighting those bosses with constant brain farts and crappy reflex doesn't make it any easier. I got hit by Tentalus' first tentacles... so dumb. Also, I used a Guardian Potion+ (with Potion Medal) to enter the boss rush with 6 minutes of invincibility. You can't use potions during the boss rush, but if you drink something just before talking to the Thunder Dragon, the effects carry over. That gave me 3-4 freebie fights.

Now I'm considering getting back to Twilight Princess. Should be interesting, there are things I know I'll enjoy instantly (like Epona) and things I know will be disappointing coming from Skyward Sword (like the Wii controls).

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #3643 on: April 15, 2013, 07:32:08 AM
Spear of Destiny, SplitWolf co-op gameplay.  Wolf3D is even more awesome with two players.  Twice the Nazi killing! :D

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #3644 on: April 15, 2013, 09:35:04 PM
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon.

Gotta say, the game is a lot of fun.

Also, Pokemon SoulSilver. Leveling up a Pachirisu, Rhyperior, Mismagius, Jirachi, and Empoleon.

Offline Suppercut ♡

• Toaster Catgirl Sniper
  • Neo Arcadian
  • something something All Limiters Released
    • View Profile
    • Ironically Opressing Oppression
Reply #3645 on: April 16, 2013, 12:03:43 AM
Recently got a new computer that isn't a piece of [parasitic bomb]! Picked up The Showdown Effect and started playing around with that, also been playing more Left 4 Dead 2 and Counter-Strike: GO because of this.

what

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #3646 on: April 16, 2013, 12:58:50 AM
Went back to playing Pokemon White 2.  Caught a Skarmory to replace my Braviary cuz I needed a physical tank.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #3647 on: April 16, 2013, 05:57:09 AM
Playing (Or trying to, at least) play Tomb Raider, the original one that is.

Uhh, lots of problems getting it going.

-Controller support is non-existant thanks to it being the MS-DOS version slapped into a Dosbox (I got it working eventually, but for some reason Jump is bound on both X and Square.)
-The game's glide wrapper settings were way too [tornado fang]ing bright to start with, which of course carried over to my desktop. I got them fixed eventually.
-I downloaded the expansion pack and a method of getting the music from the Playstation version, and now the game hangs after the opening videos.
-The opening videos look like ass, I'm not talking about in terms of cheapo CGI I mean they look like this:

what's going on with all the [tornado fang]ing scanlines? (Because of how the images are autoresized you have to see the full size to get what i'm talking about.)

HELP.

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #3648 on: April 16, 2013, 01:49:14 PM
Playing a bit of "Tiberian Dawn", just to test to see if I installed it correctly. Good thing I had Daemon Tools to mount the ISOs, I downloaded. XD

Fear me.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #3649 on: April 17, 2013, 02:21:32 PM
@RMZX: As far as I know, there's no way to correct FMVs in Dosbox without scalers.
But, I just pulled my disc out and installed it, and the game plays pretty well.

Also, check the settings in your dosbox.conf as there are a few things that can make it run better:

[sdl] -> fullresolution, output
[render] -> scaler

If you set fullresolution to your native res, it will actually letterbox it for you if needed. Use in conjunction with your preferred scaler, for when you go fullscreen.
My output is set to opengl; you could change it to ddraw maybe, but opengl works for me. Just... something other than surface.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations