Trailer in the link above.
[spoiler]Classic Sonic... in 3D, eh?[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 08:22:12 PM by Sato »

Offline nobody

• Robot Master
  • this is me giving a [tornado fang]
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 03:24:28 PM
For those who don't want to deal with Facebook, here are the direct links to the HD Version & the SD Version.

Gainax fanboys are the biggest hipsters all around.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 03:49:21 PM
Interesting. Quite interesting.

Wonder what this will be.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 04:08:35 PM
A mix of hand-picked classic Zones (stages) from every Sonic games ever made, blended into one game?
And playable classic Sonic. Co-op and/or multiplayer? That's just a guess. ^^;

Confirmed for PSN and XBL.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 04:17:08 PM
Would be neat if the sonic design was kicked back to his pre- Adventure design.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 07:46:30 PM
Apparently there are people who think the small guy is "Sonic's son" or "Sonic Jr".

Now, I am not the greatest Sonic fan on planet earth, but I am pretty sure it's supposed to be classic Sonic.

Offline Wanda Bear

• The Wanderess of RPM
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Currently Nowhere.
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 07:51:30 PM
Apparently there are people who think the small guy is "Sonic's son" or "Sonic Jr".

Now, I am not the greatest Sonic fan on planet earth, but I am pretty sure it's supposed to be classic Sonic.
second biggest. >____> actual post coming soon....just had to put that out there. I'm so freaking out! I haven't even clicked the link yet and I'm peeing my pants! 8D

Home sweet home

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 09:14:39 PM
And people are already bitching about the game clamoring they'd rather have SHADOW in the game, playable. Typical Sonic Fans~

I'd say give Sega a chance dammit, it's only a trailer and not one speck of gameplay has come out yet.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 09:30:11 PM
Ill bet you those people never saw genesis sonic and only know about Adventure + sonic.

And people are already bitching about the game clamoring they'd rather have SHADOW in the game, playable. Typical Sonic Fans~

I'd say give Sega a chance dammit, it's only a trailer and not one speck of gameplay has come out yet.
the same fans, lol, who later clamor for a game "with just sonic, no friends"

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 09:31:40 PM
Well... They've already dabbled in 3D versions of classic stages, and it turned out alright I suppose (if that is indeed the route they end up taking here). I wonder what it's going to turn out being.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #10 on: April 08, 2011, 12:09:41 AM
How do they know he won't be?

I'd be lying if I said I saw the point of bitching about eye color and shoe buckles, but it doesn't surprise me in the least that a move obviously directed at appeasing a group of bitchers yields new bitchers.  Simple logic aside, didn't we already get that with STH4 and the whole 2D roots thing?

Sega already did the inconceivable last year and offered up Super Sonic in stages again, in 3D for the first time.  Digging up an old art style isn't going to wow me like that, for sure.  Tails might.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: April 08, 2011, 12:34:27 AM
I thought they said the reason they didn't do the Classic design was because it didn't look right in 3D? Of course looking at that they appear to have fixed those issues, maybe it was just how the dreamcast made him look?

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #12 on: April 08, 2011, 12:58:55 AM
Yeah, you could say that. If I remember, Sega Saturn made him look extremely blocky. His hands were popsicles, his head was basically Needle Kirby facing the side, etc.

That and it was in the early stages and everyone and their grandmother was getting a makeover themselves.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: April 08, 2011, 03:31:10 AM
So they ran out of ideas for Sonic's friends and decided to go back to somethings they did back in the 90s'. I'll wait to see if they add something to my interest.

When was the last time I poked you guys...

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: April 08, 2011, 05:19:15 AM
Sonic Xtreme did 3D sonic alright. But then again, the only thing 3D about Xtreme  was the levels. everything else was a sprite. Sonic himself was a sprite with different angles. (which is pretty neat IMO)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: April 08, 2011, 05:52:09 PM
I'd definitely take SegaSonic over the bastardised new Sonic that we've had to put up with recently.
which is... Still Sega. (except for PS2/Wii Unleashed and the handhelds)

Also, Colors was pretty good. Its a step back in the right direction. Plus they brought back in game supersonic, and there was no "OMG PLOT TWIST SUPER POWERED VS SUPERSONIC FINAL BOSS"

Just Eggman.

Offline Hiryu

• Capcom's Favorite futuristic ninja
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: April 08, 2011, 07:13:20 PM
If this is game is supposed to be classic-style, didn't they already try this with Sonic 4?

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: April 08, 2011, 09:07:06 PM
Exactly the opposite, actually.  Sonic 4 was Adventure-era Sonic in 2D.  This is Genesis-era Sonic in 3D, apparently.

Honestly, I imagine the result will be functionally identical to the last couple of Sonic games.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: April 09, 2011, 04:47:14 AM
I just hope SEGA acutally makes an effort to complete the game this time. Sonic 06' left a bad impression on almost everyone.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: April 09, 2011, 05:59:55 AM
I just hope SEGA acutally makes an effort to complete the game this time. Sonic 06' left a bad impression on almost everyone.

Well, other than a few sour spots I enjoyed it. And I was playing the PS3 version that was even worse. :P

Archer

Reply #20 on: April 09, 2011, 01:59:30 PM
is that sonics son?

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: April 09, 2011, 03:15:31 PM
is that sonics son?

lol

Because I'm a huge dork, I actually think that wouldn't be such a bad idea--apart from making the shippers explode. And implying that Sonic actually took the time to shag someone, if they don't go any other routes.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: April 09, 2011, 03:52:35 PM
3D classic sonic just looks plain adorable.
all round and pudgy like.
I just wanna hug hi- OW MY EYE

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: April 09, 2011, 06:10:22 PM
Am I the only one who actually, for the most part, likes the Adventure-era Sonic better?  Granted, I think his quills are way too long and look goofy as a result, but...

I just think the classic Sonic looks kinda goofy in a 3D model.  And I am honestly not sure which "classic Sonic" look they're going for.  There's Sonic 1/2, and then there's Sonic 3/K, which had a far superior art style and made Sonic look (dare I say) cooler without actually changing the design any.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: April 09, 2011, 06:16:14 PM
Dude, that original sonic, THAT is what I want.
I want the goofy cartoony style Sonic and the extremely round Dr.Robotnik.
Sonic fans are just hard to please because they're split so many ways.
Classic fans, Post-Adventure fans, Comic fans, hell, maybe there's even T.V. show fans out there.