Easy Mode Mockery why?

Waifu · 11769

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: February 10, 2011, 08:37:07 AM
In a game like Picross 3D you can't do the normal puzzles until you finish the easy ones :D

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: February 11, 2011, 02:42:43 AM
That, I don't mind at all. Heck we have to play the tutorial too iirc.

I want more Picross 3D damnitttt!!!

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Ephidiel

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: February 13, 2011, 11:58:00 AM
and the Rockman Zero Collection requires you to play through the Easy Mode to get the amazing last Wallpaper

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #53 on: February 13, 2011, 07:31:25 PM
Zero Collection is an unusual case: "Easy Scenario" is in fact "Ultimate Mode", the way I PREFER to play the Zero-series games due to Inticreates' tendency to fake difficulty by handicapping the player (I clear Hard Mode once solely for bragging rights).  In the stand-alone games it's something you earn, sans Z2, where it's actually new content.

Once again, labels are labels.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Ramzal

• B-Class Hunter
  • Don't sweat the technique.
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: February 15, 2011, 10:58:36 PM
Why does anyone who play the game on easy mode gets mocked mercilessly by the game and the creators? Not all of us are challenge gamers who play the game 7000 hrs to get this prize. Why do they always do this?

TIGER? TIGER!

Real reason? E-[ray splasher] measurements. That's all.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: February 16, 2011, 05:20:10 AM
I personally hate how games mistreat gamers who wish to play easy mode with things like

"You beat the final boss but there's still more, grow a pair and play on normal dipshit!"

or

"You just beat Normal! Now go play hard mode because there's a better ending when you play it on hard."

I don't play easy on the ZX or Zero games (If only because theres a thing you cannot do or obtain by playing easy.) and instead I play normal because of those limitations on Easy, thus allowing me to get better at the Zero series games (Thank god.)

Also, MM10's Easy mode (Oh [tornado fang]ing well I suck at playing games boo fuckity hoo, I'm going at Normal with Protoman so I'm not terrible or anything.) was a nice change of pace from MM9 (Which I will not be able to beat for the forseeable future), But if anything, all action, adventure, or platformers should come with a difficulty selection STANDARD. And allow players to access the whole game without telling them they need to suck less to get to the rest of the game.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #56 on: February 16, 2011, 09:29:01 AM
Every game should come with difficulty selection, if only so I can play RPGs on Hard mode and actually be in danger of getting a game over for once...

Offline Ramzal

• B-Class Hunter
  • Don't sweat the technique.
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: February 19, 2011, 07:25:14 PM
Star ocean games have harder difficulty options.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #58 on: February 20, 2011, 12:28:03 AM
RPG difficulty is a touchy subject; seeings how the difficulty in a traditional experience system is effectively just how the enemy's stats compare to your own build-up.  And your own build-up can vary greatly by the individual player, based on how much time you spend wandering around, and whether or not you've attempted to avoid battles while doing so.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #59 on: February 20, 2011, 11:54:17 AM
Right, but how experienced a player is with RPGs in general will affect how good he is at gaming the system (be it through grinding or clever equipment choices), and allowing such an experienced player to up the difficulty means they can get challenged without tying one hand behind their back.