Super Smash Bros. Bitchslap: What Do You Want To See In It?

Jericho · 144536

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #225 on: July 04, 2009, 05:49:59 AM
Hmm, that's a pretty cool suggestion actually. Would it be a moving stage or just the summit, complete with Giegue appearances?

Offline Sparky

• Игра закончена
  • A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #226 on: July 04, 2009, 05:52:34 AM
Hmm, that's a pretty cool suggestion actually. Would it be a moving stage or just the summit, complete with Giegue appearances?

3 good locations for a static Mt. Itoi would be:

Summit with Giegue
Area with EVE and that giant robot
Cave with all the imprisoned people.

As for Pokemon Tower, that would be a stage like Castle Siege that would have the Ground Floor, a mid floor, and the top floor with Cubone's mother as a stage hazard.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #227 on: July 04, 2009, 09:47:47 PM
last night, i worked my ass off on my character/move list. i fixed the grammar (maybe?) in a ton of places. i modified some moves, and created some new moves altogether. but the biggest change is the inclusion of the Melee characters i initially left out.

yes, PB, that includes Dr. Mario. but not in the way you think. he's not a seperate character, but he's a second form of Mario. the Sheik to Mario's Zelda. vB swaps between the two Marios. Roy is there too with a more unique style. and Pichu is back 200%. by that, i mean he's represented by the Pichu Bros, who fight together as one character.

that brings my total number of characters, including alternate forms, up to 60. it's a little much, i'll admit. but i just had a bunch of ideas i wanted to throw out.

attachment below.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #228 on: July 05, 2009, 02:44:58 AM
You know, I've been thinking about my indecision with Daisy's Final Smash.  And I think I've finally decided what it needs to be:

Warpath
Daisy yells, "Outta my way!", rushes forward, and the ultimate bitchslap to whoever she meets for an automatic Star-KO off the top of the screen.

Yeah, it's a little Critical Hit-esque, but come on.  Nobody who's played Mario Party 3 can argue with it, it just fits perfectly. 8)

Oh yeah, and a little tweaking for Sonic.  LOVE Super Sonic and all, but for a little variance, I think there should be an off chance of him breaking out World Rings and changing to Darkspine Sonic.  Say, 1/8 of the time (same chance as Hammer malfunctions and Green Missile misfire).  You can fly freely but must attack manually.  Once a character is attacked, Darkspine Sonic unleashes a furious combo on them, then finishes with a powered-up blow that launches the enemy as a "living projectile" off the screen in any direction which the player so chooses, causing heavy damage to any other character struck in the victim's flight.  Sonic then returns to normal.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #229 on: July 05, 2009, 06:10:49 AM
those ain't bad ideas.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #230 on: July 05, 2009, 06:19:19 AM
<every post SoulAnimal has ever made.>

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #231 on: July 05, 2009, 06:28:20 AM
You know, I've been thinking about my indecision with Daisy's Final Smash.  And I think I've finally decided what it needs to be:

Warpath
Daisy yells, "Outta my way!", rushes forward, and the ultimate bitchslap to whoever she meets for an automatic Star-KO off the top of the screen.

Yeah, it's a little Critical Hit-esque, but come on.  Nobody who's played Mario Party 3 can argue with it, it just fits perfectly. 8)

*insert Bison "YES!" here* Simply perfect.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #232 on: July 05, 2009, 09:07:05 AM
yes, PB, that includes Dr. Mario. but not in the way you think. he's not a seperate character, but he's a second form of Mario. the Sheik to Mario's Zelda. vB swaps between the two Marios.

Oh don't worry.  I have his retooling 90% complete. 

Offline Sparky

• Игра закончена
  • A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #233 on: July 05, 2009, 09:10:56 AM
An idea for Gengar as a Pokeball: Gengar will appear and pin itself 3 times with Curse needles, each one setting off a randomly placed Dark Pulse explosion.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #234 on: July 06, 2009, 07:54:06 PM
So I found my old list and I tweaked it a bit as well as added two real wild card characters, just because they could turn out to be the most creative and interesting forces in the next one and in the series should they actually be done well.

[spoiler]1. Mario (Mario Bros.)
2. Luigi (Mario Bros.)
3. Peach (Super Mario Bros.)
4. Toad (Super Mario Bros.)
5. Daisy (Super Mario Land)
6. Bowser (Super Mario Bros.)
7. Link (The Legend of Zelda)
8. Zelda (The Legend of Zelda)
9. Ganondorf (The Legend of Zelda)
10. Samus / Zero Suit Samus (Metroid)
11. Ridley (Metroid)
12. Donkey Kong (Donkey Kong)
13. Diddy Kong + Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong Country)
14. King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country)
15. Fox (Star Fox)
16. Falco (Star Fox)
17. Wolf (Star Fox)
18. Kirby (Kirby's Adventure)
19. Meta Knight (Kirby Adventure)
20. King Dedede (Kirby Adventure)
21. Pikachu (Pokemon)
22. Jigglypuff (Pokemon)
23. Pokemon Trainer + Female Pokemon Trainer (Pokemon)
24. Mewtwo (Pokemon)
25. Captain Falcon (F-Zero)
26. Black Shadow (F-Zero)
27. Ness (Earthbound / MOTHER 2)
28. Lucas (Earthbound 2 / MOTHER 3)
29. Marth (Fire Emblem)
30. Ike (Fire Emblem)
31. Lyn (Fire Emblem)
32. Andy (Advance Wars)
33. Sami (Advance Wars)
34. Yoshi (Yoshi's Island)
35. Kamek (Yoshi's Island)
36. Wario (Wario Land/Wario Ware)
37. Captain Syrup (Wario Land)
38. Ashley (Wario Ware)
39. Olimar (Pikmin)
40. Male Protagonist / Female Protagonist (Sin & Punishment 2)
41. Issac (Golden Sun)
42. R.O.B. (Gyromite)
43. Mr. Game & Watch (Game & Watch)
44. Little Mac (Punch-Out!!)
45. Lip (Panel de Pon)
46. Takamaru (Mystery at Murasame Castle)
47. Mike Jones (StarTropics)
48. Ice Climbers (Ice Climbers)
49. Pit (Kid Icarus)
50. Smash Announcer (Male + Female) (Super Smash Bros. Series)
51. Sonic The Hedgehog (SEGA; Sonic The Hedgehog)
52. Megaman (Capcom; Megaman Classic)
53. Solid Snake (Konami; Metal Gear Solid)
54. Travis Touchdown (Marvelous Entertainment; No More Heroes)
55. Layle (Square-Enix; Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers)

I must have been high when I did this list initially. I forgot Pit, the Ice Climbers, a workaround for the Sin & Punishment duo (should there be a duo), the Smash Announcers can easily be one icon while having two different people and play styles, and mentions that Toon Link is the fail safe 4th for the Zelda characters.
[/spoiler]

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #235 on: July 06, 2009, 08:02:58 PM
2 Diddys WAT? 2 PTs WAT?

and announcers? that's wacky.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #236 on: July 06, 2009, 08:04:20 PM
I could definitely see two Pokemon Trainers. 

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #237 on: July 06, 2009, 08:07:29 PM
Travis would be interesting...altough it would be wierd if he was using the light saber item while he is already using the beam katana.....

Offline Sparky

• Игра закончена
  • A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #238 on: July 06, 2009, 08:08:02 PM
I personally still prefer a Pokemon Rival over female Pokemon Trainer.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #239 on: July 06, 2009, 08:15:40 PM
Travis would be interesting...altough it would be wierd if he was using the light saber item while he is already using the beam katana.....

Well, his sequel's gonna have him weild two beam katanas, double the damage, double the hits, double the fun. And guess who's playable in NMH2?

For the trainers, I'd have to go with Sparky on this one, although I'd perfer the G/S rival over the rival he had in mind.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #240 on: July 06, 2009, 08:19:06 PM
Well, his sequel's gonna have him weild two beam katanas, double the damage, double the hits, double the fun. And guess who's playable in NMH2?

For the trainers, I'd have to go with Sparky on this one, although I'd perfer the G/S rival over the rival he had in mind.
Sir Henry motherf**ker? Or who?

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #241 on: July 06, 2009, 08:20:47 PM
Sir Henry motherf**ker? Or who?

Shinobu, for a short while from what I've heard.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #242 on: July 06, 2009, 08:21:45 PM
That´s even better

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #243 on: July 06, 2009, 08:23:32 PM
2 Diddys WAT? 2 PTs WAT?

and announcers? that's wacky.

Diddy Kong + Dixie Kong as a team, Pokemon Trainer & Pokemon Trainer 2 (insert female, rival, rocket member, etc here for the second one) with two different sets of 3, but chosen from the same icon.

As for the announcers, well, that was just me going what if. XD

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #244 on: July 06, 2009, 08:24:48 PM
Heh, what about Jack from Madworld?  XD

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #245 on: July 06, 2009, 08:27:30 PM
Assist Trophy. 8D

Actually, I/we should do an AT list sometime.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #246 on: July 06, 2009, 08:34:27 PM
Assist Trophy. 8D

Actually, I/we should do an AT list sometime.

Ah come on, I want playable Jack, just for the stage music alone!  Especially this song!  8D

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #247 on: July 06, 2009, 08:41:44 PM
i don't like the idea of another Trainer. it's a gimmick i don't think needs to be done again. i'd prefer more 'mons. i could understand a second trainer as a costume change for PT, though.

Jelly, your list still has some cloneliness. the Trainers above for one. (or is it two?) i can't justify Louie's presence at all, and having 2 S&P characters is just plain greedy. 2 announcers is too much as well, although if this is a suggestion for the fourth game to have a female announcer, i could totally get behind that.

other nitpicks:
- having Toad as a character and as a move for Peach is odd. and changing Peach just for this doesn't feel right.
- i still don't see TL on the list. or Ice Climbers. or Lucario.
- if you still have that Toon Mode idea, it would be better to just list them as seperate characters, cause that's what they are. in addition to the two Trainers, that brings your total up to 60, not counting alternate forms.
- 2 AW characters might be greedy too, but i don't know a damn thing about that franchise.
- Travis is too mature for Smash. Jack is even more so.
- anyone SE is too expensive. and even if they could get someone, they'd opt for their posterboy Cloud.

i am eagerly awaiting you to criticise the [parasitic bomb] out of my list.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #248 on: July 06, 2009, 08:47:40 PM
Too mature....have you forgot who is already there? Snake? SNAKE? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!?

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #249 on: July 06, 2009, 09:08:12 PM
Ah come on, I want playable Jack, just for the stage music alone!  Especially this song!  8D

The only reasons why Jack gets the AT vote from me is because I don't think that Nintendo will want multiple characters from one 3rd party developer crashing the party and Jack would have to be watered down soooo much (moreso than Snake even) in order to fight with the rest of the Smashers. XD

i don't like the idea of another Trainer. it's a gimmick i don't think needs to be done again. i'd prefer more 'mons. i could understand a second trainer as a costume change for PT, though.

Jelly, your list still has some cloneliness. the Trainers above for one. (or is it two?) i can't justify Louie's presence at all, and having 2 S&P characters is just plain greedy. 2 announcers is too much as well, although if this is a suggestion for the fourth game to have a female announcer, i could totally get behind that.

other nitpicks:
- having Toad as a character and as a move for Peach is odd. and changing Peach just for this doesn't feel right.
- i still don't see TL on the list. or Ice Climbers. or Lucario.
- if you still have that Toon Mode idea, it would be better to just list them as seperate characters, cause that's what they are. in addition to the two Trainers, that brings your total up to 60, not counting alternate forms.
- 2 AW characters might be greedy too, but i don't know a damn thing about that franchise.
- Travis is too mature for Smash. Jack is even more so.
- anyone SE is too expensive. and even if they could get someone, they'd opt for their posterboy Cloud.

i am eagerly awaiting you to criticise the [parasitic bomb] out of my list.

Hm, valid criticisms but I'll go down them one at a time.

- The Pokemon Trainer situation basically boils down to getting both new Pokemon into the roster without forfeiting  any additional spaces for individual Pokemon who have to be there alone (Pikachu, possibly Mewtwo & Jigglypuff) and getting varied trainer faces into the event, be it the female alternates, rivals, Rocket Members, or trainers from newer generations. This would also help for representing more of the newer faces as classic trainer would keep a form of Charmander, Bulbasaur & Squirtle, while the newer trainer can go wild with team diversity.

- Hmm, well, you might have a point with Louie and even the extra Sin & Punishment character but really, it all depends (especially on the part of the Sin & Punishment 2 characters) on how different their playstyles would be. I have a feeling that the S&P2 characters are gonna play very differently (as much as can be allowed) from one another in said game. Louie though, I haven't played enough Pikmin to say, but whose to say some serious Luigification wouldn't come into play for him?

- Toad is one of the best damn possibilities for characters because of two things. The first thing is that he has potential to be the one thing the Smash roster has needed since even Smash 1, the "Judo". Imagine him being the small speedster type who specializes in reversals, grapples, and throws that actually KO. It also works when you look at his past exploits in games like SMB2USA (where he has the highest speed & physical/throwing power) & Wario's Woods (again, showing that he's great at throwing things and can have a projectile in the form of small bombs).

The second reason this works which is very indirect but just as awesome, is because it forces Peach to free up her moveset and adopt more of her Super Princess Peach self. Rather than having Toad for a counter, why not her umbrella (whose name escapes me now) that can eat projectiles or chew on close attackers? You could also work quite a bit more things from SPP into the Smash 4 Peach to make her even more unique.

- [parasitic bomb], I actually forgot Ice Climbers. XD

- Toon Link's spot is assumed to be there, however, I'm leaving him out in the case that Link gets an overhaul and Zelda Wii turns out to have a character that has a high potential for being playable and relevant to Smash 4. If anything, Toon Link is the fail safe fourth pick.

- The Advance Wars characters are the two main characters of the first 3(?) games and have a bit of precedence as being the only Smash participants who are just human. No special powers or abilities, they just use a lot of tech, and in Andy's case, a giant wrench. (Not solid enough an explanation for this I know, but hey, I figured i might as well should give my reasoning.)

- No one should ever use the too mature line for Smash. Ever. See Solid Snake. (Also, before anyone calls me out on my previous post about Jack from MadWorld, consider the fact that I'm just taking guesses here, SEGA & Nintendo could just as easily troll me and put him in there with nerfed gore factor a la Snake. XD)

- Don't know about expensive really, considering that Brawl was Nintendo's most expensive endeavor to date as well as something they were proud of. The publicity would really pay for the entry fees anyway in a situation like this.