Zan · 20032

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
on: November 15, 2008, 06:11:24 PM
Also using google's magic, I found this a few weeks ago:

http://asadori.blogspot.com/search/label/Megamission%201

The translation was done by "Asadori", the card where X (Ikusu) is introduced is missing and it doesn't seem to be that good of a translation. Still, along with Rockman Tanjou's translation of the manga, it helps with the understanding of Megamission.

Because the above site suffers from occasional automatic redirects, I'm quoting the translation here:

No.1: X & ZERO

Rockman X & ZERO
Maverick Hunter
Data: They are class SA Maverick Hunters. If the two gather, nobody can beat them.
Weapon: The mighty Double Buster, which they shoot cooperatively!

No.2: Dr.DOPPLER

The ambition of Dr.Doppler
Rockman X Megamission Prologue
Dr.Doppler had an anbition to rule the world using his invention Repli-brain Limited. He decided to start with making Limiteds fuse to Reploids which had been beaten and fight with Rockman X, for the purpose of collecting battle data of Limiteds.

No.3: LIMITED

Limited
Repli-brain
Data: Half-organic material(s) created by Dr.Doppler. They enter machines like Reploids and evolve their functions.
Weapon: They can take in Reploids etc. and use them as their own bodies.

No.4: W HETIMARL L

Wire Sponge Limited
Re-meat Reploid
Data: The fusion of Wire Sponge and Limited. But the Limited lost controle and tried to fuse to X.
Weapon: There's no way to escape wires increased to 4!?

No.5: X vs W HETIMARL L

X vs Wire Sponge Limited
Rockman X Megamission Story 1
Fighting with Rockman X, Limited, fused with the first assassin Wire Sponge, feared strength of Rockman X. It threw Sponge's body and tried to take in him to survive.

No.6: ROCKMAN X

Rockman X (Clear Buster)
Maverick Hunter
Data: Rockman X' buster changes because of attached Limited. Do Limiteds make machines evolve?
Weapon: Various busters is strengthened based on past data.

No.7: ZERO

ZERO begins research
Rockman X Megamission Story 2
The Limited's core was destroyed by ZERO's Buster. But the organic material, which has Limited's original function, attached to Rockman X and made his Buster change. Seeing the situation, ZERO started research alone.

No.8: B KUWANGER L

Boomer Kuwanger Limited
Re-meat Reploid
Data: The fusion style of Boomer Kuwanger and Limited. He was class SA in his Marveric Hunter era.
Weapon: He uses tough tactics to destabilize enemies using Boomerang Cutters and teleportation!

No.9: X vs B KUWANGER L

X vs Boomer Kuwanger Limited
Rockman X Megamission Story 3
Being his Buster strengthened, Rockman X beaten Boomer Kuwanger Limited with Homing Torpedo. But he saw a cape-clad big man getting out Limited. Who on earth is he?

No.10: B NOUMANDER L

Flame Mammoth Limited
Re-meat Reploid
Data: The fusion style of Flame Mammoth and Limited. He has the memory that beaten by X as data.
Weapon: Attack using his own weight and fired breath with heavy oil inside of his body.

No.11: X vs B NOUMANDER L

X vs Flame Mammoth Limited
Rockman X Megamission Story 4
Flame Mammoth Limited dodged Rockman X' Storm Tornado and tried to blow himself up with X. Then the cape-clad big man appeared again and stopped Mammoth with his boomerang. The explosion stopped, and the man picked Limited and disappeared.

No.12: B CRABLOS L

Bubble Crab Limited
Re-meat Reploid
Data: The fusion style of Bubble Crab and Limited. He is still attached to money.
Weapon: The enlarged chelas on his both shoulders crush enemies!

No.13: X vs B CRABLOS L

X vs Bubble Crab Limited
Rockman X Megamission Story 5
Rockman X targetted Bubble Crab Limited with Spinning Blade but was attacked by the cape-clad big man. X barely could destroy Crab's body, although his Buster missed Limited's core. And again the man took the Limited away…

No.14: CURTISS

Curtiss
Incept Chaser
Data: They call him “Incept Chaser” because of his task of tracking Limiteds and observing its evolution.
Weapon: Waist-mounted big boomerangs and immeasurable destroying power.

No.15: X vs CURTISS

Rockman X vs Curtiss
Rockman X Megamission Story 6
Dr.Doppler started to regenerate other Reploids being based on data from the Limiteds taken back. And Curtiss, the cape-clad big man, fought with Rockman X on the new mission of grabbing his Buster fusioned with Limited.

No.16: SCHMITT

The shadow of Schmitt
Rockman X Megamission Story 6
Rockman X drove Curtiss to being barely alive and tried to get out his purpose! “Repli-brains make machines evolve… The creator is…” But slashing of hand-blade interrupted Curtiss' words. “You've spoken too mach, Curtiss!” Leaving only short words, the man went away.

No.17: ZERO

ZERO's information
ZERO came back rockman X with new information. It says that the study of “evoluting cells” by Dr.Doppler is doubtful. The two went to an abandoned factory that they say he was there. There rebirthed Reploids waited them as they have thought.

No.18: Dr.DOPPLER

Dr.Doppler
Mad scientist
Data: An unknown scientist who has sophistication and can create Reploids although he himself is a Reploid too.

No.19: F STAGGER L

Flame Stag Limited
Re-meat Reploid
Data: Limited, which has battle data with X, fused to Flame stag and became tougher enemy.
Weapon: His more powerful blue flame can burn down anything.

No.20: X vs F STAGGER L

X vs Flame Stag Limited
Rockman X Megamission Story 9
Rockman X fought against Flame Stag Limited. He ran under attacking of high-powered flame and shoot Bubble Splash to Stag's body. But this time the Limited came out from the broken body and escaped by itself.

No.21: S CHAMELEAO L

Sting Chameleon Limited
Re-meat Reploid
Data: The fusion style of Sting Chameleon and Limited. His guilefulness and powerful attack are still remain!!
WEAPON: He comes close to enemies transparentizing his body not to be seen him!!

No.22: ZERO vs S CHAMELEAO L

ZERO vs Sting Chameleon Limited
Rockman X Megamission Story 10
Sting Chameleon Limited turned his body clear and disappear. When he appeared to attack, ZERO shot his Buster. And again Limited escaped by itself from the body of felt Chameleon. Do Limiteds itself evolve too?

No.23 S EAGLEED L

Storm Eagle Limited
Re-meat Reploid
Data: The fusion style of Storm Eagle and Limited. Nobody can defeat him in aerial battles.
WEAPON: Storm Tornado shot from 5 cannons packs a hard punch!!

No.24: X vs S EAGLEED L

X vs Storm Eagle Limited
Rockman X Megamission Story 11
Rockman X dodged Storm Eagle Limited's attack from the air, and fought back with Chameleon Sting. Eagle impaired the wings and crashed into the ground. And again, Limited escaped by its own ability.

No.25: W ALLIGATES L

Wheel Gator Limited
Re-meat Reploid
Data: The fusion style of Wheel Gator and Limited. He is exactly like a demon, who enjoys destroying more than before!!
Weapon: His drill-like attack using large body and biting attack has became more mighty!!

No.26: ZERO vs W ALLIGATES L

ZERO VS Wheel Gator Limited
Rockman X Megamission Story 12
ZERO's brilliant action enabled him to dodge lunging and drill attacks of Wheel Gator Limited. ZERO fought back to destroy Gator, but the Limited came out and escaped into the back.

No.27: SCHMITT

Schmitt
Incept Chaser
Data: An entourage of Dr.Doppler and latest Reploid. He is also an Incept Chaser just like Curtiss.
Weapon: Rapid movement and blade-like hands which utilize energy thrown off from both hands are His strongest weapons.

No.28: X vs SCHMITT

X (with Clear High Buster) vs Schmitt
Rockman X Megamission Story 13
Schmitt, a cape-clad big man, appeared in front of the two chasing Limited. In the battle against him, Rockman X' Buster started changing again. Severe pain of Buster defied him any movement. Heads up, Rockman X!!

No.29: ZERO vs SCHMITT

ZERO vs Schmitt
Rockman X Megamission Story 14
ZERO took immobile X' place and fought against schmitt. He dodged Schmitt's attacks brilliantly and shot back. Becoming annoyed, Schmitt set his sight on immobile Rockman X and attacked him. What would you do, ZERO!!

No.30: ZERO

ZERO LOSE
ZERO, who covered Rockman X from slash of Schmitt, wounded and fell down. Rockman X' Buster completed its change and he fought against Schmitt on ZERO's behalf, but he had a tough fight. Hold on, Rockman X!!

No.31: ROCKMAN X

Rockman X (Clear High Buster)
Maverick Hunter
Data: Clear Buster was changed by Limited which continues changing. What on earth this morphology represents?
Weapon: It converts even Rockman X' body strength to striking power of the Buster.

No.32: X vs SCHMITT

Rockman X Megamission Story 16
Rockman X ran down Schmitt to the abandoned factory, but he couldn't bring out his power as he wanted. “Why!? It shouldn't be weak as it was!” Schmitt, who was wounded and escaped, approach Mother Limited to cure his body to end up being ingested by it. Then, a figure reappeared from it…

No.33: (Haven't had a card yet.)

No.34: ROCKMAN X- エ ッ ク ス - vs X- イ ク ス -

Rockman X (eks) vs X (iks)
Rockman X Megamission Story 17
“I've ingested Schmitt! I am X (iks) the strongest fighter in Doppler team!” Limiteds were Reploids which grow capturing others who had fusioned with. Rockman X had hard battle with X (iks) who used weapons of all Remeet Reploids. Then, again, an abnormal change occured to Rockman X' body.

No.35: ROCKMAN X

Rockman X (Clear Armor)
Maverick Hunter
Data: Limited turns into an armor and guard body of Rockman X. But Rockman X cannot move freely!
Weapon: It has an ability to absorb attacks from enemy and repair broken parts.

No.36: ROCKMAN X

More Power!? Rockman X
Rockman X Megamission Story 18
Rockman X' body kept being ingested to Limited. His Limited has started more change through the battle with X (iks.) “I'll never allow Limited conquers me!” He attacked X (iks) again with his strongest power!

N0.37 X- イ ク ス -

The latter end of X (ix)
Rockman X Megamission Story 19
The fighting of Rockman X and X (ix) seemed to be killing each other at the same time shooting each chests. But Rockman X, who dodged slightly, peeled his Limited with X (ix') buster and beaten him with flying colors. Great business, Rockman X!!

N0.38 Dr.DOPPLER

Dr.Doppler appeared
Rockman X Megamission Story 20
The real enemy Dr.Doppler appeared from behind. “So you're Dr.Doppler, huh?” “Exactly. How dare you break my dear limiteds! Now I'll give you the final!!” And Mother Limited middled in the room started to move.

No.39 M LIMITED

Mother Limited
Repli-Gigant
Data: Mother Limited, which has the function to create Limiteds, changed its form into the final fighting form to be settled with X.
Weapon: All dates against Rockman X that Limiteds had collected.

No.40 X vs M LIMITED

X vs Mother Limited
Rockman X Megamission Story 21
Mother Limited changed its form into the Repli-Gigant Style and challenged Rockman X to a death match. Rockman X faced an uphill battle with Mother Limited which has a big body. “Here goes, Limited! I never give up!!”

No.41 X & ZERO vs M LIMITED

X & ZERO vs Mother Limited
Rockman X Megamission Story 22
Ripping away the Limited, Rockman X feeled full of new energy. And ZERO helped him despite the wound. Their combined attack worked awfully well! The Double Buster blew off Mother Limited which had changed itself to Repli-Gigant.

No.42 Dr.DOPPLER

The New Tough Enemy Appeared
Rockman X Megamission Epilogue
Rockman X and ZERO escaped from the abandoned factory exploding with Mother Limited. But Dr.Doppler's voice sounded in their brain. “That's my Rockman X! But my challenge is not over!” Rockman X realized that the new tough enemy appeared. His fight still lasts.

Offline Rodrigo Shin

• Not a Zero series
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Ácido Cinza
Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 08:34:57 PM
A note on "Ikusu". They use these very same katakanas to name X's EX Armor and Zero's EX Armor.

So I guess you could chalk it up to him being named "EX" before "Return X" anyway.

The reason for retcon is to cancel out contradictions
a retcon is a last resort to erase a contradiction
Guys, please let me know when did Gwen Stacy getting retroactively impregnated with Goblin Twins solve any contradiction whatsoever and didn't create a whole set of new ones. TTFN

--

Whenever it comes to "consensus" and things alike, always remember Tony Bullet-Tooth's sage advice:
"You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 08:38:11 PM
I remember this. (On a side note, I'm a friend of Asadori's.  :) )

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 08:12:47 PM
well, wasnt he first, Ikksu, and then Return Ikksu?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Rodrigo Shin

• Not a Zero series
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Ácido Cinza
Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 10:09:38 PM
Far as I remember he comes back toting himself as "Return X", which I've seen many times shortened to "RX". Probably because he wants to be as cool as a child of the sun. Give it up, you freakin' pallete swap.

Guys, please let me know when did Gwen Stacy getting retroactively impregnated with Goblin Twins solve any contradiction whatsoever and didn't create a whole set of new ones. TTFN

--

Whenever it comes to "consensus" and things alike, always remember Tony Bullet-Tooth's sage advice:

Offline Cyberpunk

• Mad Gunner
  • Net Navi
  • Almost... there...
    • View Profile
    • Lunaar Corp
Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 09:23:43 PM
Aww, but I liked RX! He wasn't just a pallete swap, he was the Forte of the RMX series. I think he should have been given an actual part. Terra's forever-unfinished comic, at www.stardroids.net, put a much-needed spin on the character.

The only sensible way to live in this world is without rules.

Offline Rodrigo Shin

• Not a Zero series
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Ácido Cinza
Reply #6 on: November 25, 2008, 09:50:53 PM
OK, "are they still on Namek" meme beaten to the punch.

Now it's officially "are they still on the repairing bed?".

--

Offline Protodude

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Protodude's Rockman Corner
Reply #7 on: November 25, 2008, 09:56:48 PM
Terra's forever-unfinished comic, at www.stardroids.net, put a much-needed spin on the character.

Ahh yes, that's a classic one.

Great find Zan!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 25, 2008, 10:07:25 PM
Yknow, I actually Met Terra SD IRL. at the NYC Inafune event, the 20th anni8versary thing at Gamestop on broadway and 30something. she was right behind me. she was drawing and I recognized her artstyle. I was like, OMFG. TERRA STARDROID o.o !!

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Syl

• Cyberelf
  • Public Enemy #3
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Reply #9 on: November 30, 2008, 09:46:46 PM
Very nice find.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: November 30, 2008, 09:48:20 PM
Syl, I dig your Avatar soo much.

Offline Syl

• Cyberelf
  • Public Enemy #3
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Reply #11 on: November 30, 2008, 11:40:00 PM
Haha... Why thank you, sir.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: November 30, 2008, 11:44:35 PM
Well, it is an avatar featuring the greatest character in all of the MM universe.   8D

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #13 on: December 01, 2008, 12:27:45 AM
It's just missing that cartoon network sound effect. PSHING!

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: May 29, 2009, 09:18:48 AM
Excuse the necropost. I had a brain fart when I noticed this topic about ten minutes after finding Asadori's site on google :P

Anyways, I'm trying to get whatever I can out of the MegaMissions cards. Namely armor names, weapons, and such. Have you found anything else, Zan?

Also, on the subject of Return X, who I adore, how is the X pronounced on his revived form? Still the same as Ikusu?

A note on "Ikusu". They use these very same katakanas to name X's EX Armor and Zero's EX Armor.

So I guess you could chalk it up to him being named "EX" before "Return X" anyway.
Ikusu Armor?

Offline Rodrigo Shin

• Not a Zero series
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Ácido Cinza
Reply #15 on: May 29, 2009, 09:32:36 AM
Also, on the subject of Return X, who I adore, how is the X pronounced on his revived form? Still the same as Ikusu?
The have the katakanas for "IKUSU" instead of "EKKUSU" in his Return X form too (リターン イクス), yes.
Ikusu Armor?
You see, even if it's the very same katakana the way they romanize X's-evil-Limited-clone in the toy manuals is... "X". Exactly that. Quotes included. To differ between "EX" and X proper, they always call X "Rockman X" then. But why they're romanizing the same katakana differently, don't ask me.

--

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: May 29, 2009, 09:36:22 AM
But what about the actual cards?

Also, does that mean I've also been saying the All X (Ekkusu) armor wrong, too? (All Ikusu Armor)

Offline Rodrigo Shin

• Not a Zero series
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Ácido Cinza
Reply #17 on: May 29, 2009, 09:52:01 AM
But what about the actual cards?
When "Ikusu"'s name is romanized in the cards, it also says X. But then they have the katakanas together. So you basically have "X -エックス- vs. X - イクス-" as the name of one of the cards even.

Also, does that mean I've also been saying the All X (Ekkusu) armor wrong, too? (All Ikusu Armor)
I don't think it's wrong since it's what they romanized it as. But I really don't know why they're riding with "イクス" most of the times standing for X, and others for "EX".

--

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: May 29, 2009, 10:04:33 AM
Those silly japanese making everything complicated.

I know I've also seen iX written as -X- to differentiate him from X.

Offline Rodrigo Shin

• Not a Zero series
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Ácido Cinza
Reply #20 on: May 31, 2009, 07:26:33 PM
This help?

http://fast1.onesite.com/capcom-unity.com/user/zechs/megaman_alternative/large/3a29752b3891a4669e85c7491b531974.jpg?v=109350
At least as fr as names are concerned there are some errors in these summaries - EX Armors appear only in Mega Mission 3 (and upon closer inspection in the back of the cards proper they're called X Armors and they apparently are derived from RX as well), in MM2 the armor has 3 different armor names, the final being Giga when the armor's transferred to X.

--

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: May 31, 2009, 07:34:01 PM
iX, Ikksu, Irregular X, al = "X" with different writing. Ikksu, =/= Ekksu (Rockman X)
hence his name is actually also X. to the english reader there is no difference. to the japanese reader, they clearly see the difference, as if I spelled Flame as Fleym.
also, RX is Return Ikksu. cuz he's, well, Ikksu returned. >_>;

Offline Rodrigo Shin

• Not a Zero series
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Ácido Cinza
Reply #22 on: May 31, 2009, 07:36:40 PM
iX, Ikksu, Irregular X, al = "X" with different writing. Ikksu, =/= Ekksu (Rockman X)
hence his name is actually also X. to the english reader there is no difference. to the japanese reader, they clearly see the difference, as if I spelled Flame as Fleym.
Fer serious? Yowza. Good thing nothing remotely close to that was said in the thread!

Point was that the toys romanized イクス as EX for the armors.

--

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: May 31, 2009, 07:48:16 PM
Yeah, well since there is that whole X-X thing, he is often called iX. cuz well, thats technically how we the english reader should pronounce his name. we pronounce X as ekks, and he is Ekksu and if X is ikksu, we should pronounce it ikks. hence, iX (though its also to differentiate the names. It is often misassumed that the i means "irregular" X, which is not the case.) , almost always. the armor kits did similar and said EX. Some of them also say "All X armor", no? that means All Ikksu armor. I assume they wanted to avoid confusion

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #24 on: May 31, 2009, 09:08:17 PM
Maybe we should call him Eks.