Call of Duty: Black ops voted best videogame ending of all time by Guinness

Flame · 3032

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Yup.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-10809-CoD--Black-Ops-Voted-Best-Videogame-Ending-of-All-Time.html

heres the top 3

3. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

2. Halo: Reach

1. Call of Duty: Black Ops

With modern Warfare in #4.

what is gaming coming to

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
I'll be pissed if it becomes more recognizable than Metal Gear Solid.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
I'll be pissed if it becomes more recognizable than Metal Gear Solid.

It already is.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
It's the critics, they get paid BIG to say something positive all the time when it comes to big-name products that happen to be exclusive.

...Reach? Better stick with the novels. I find the novelizations a bit more intresting as you don't SEE what's going on moreso than you do in the games. MegaBloks only recreates that experince. -_-

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Thing is, this was a survey out of like, 13,000 people.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
13.000 people isn't that much, and who knows where they got them from. I haven't seen the CoD ending, but that list in general really sucks...

Offline Sigma Zero X

• Cool Mirage Diver
  • Robot Master
  • "Here We Go!"
    • View Profile
    • Sigma Zero X's Mega Man X Videos
I normally respect Guiness, but this is just ridiculous.  Call of Duty:  Black Ops is fine as a game, but I don't really see it as a single-player experience. 

"Well.  This is just delightful!" - Marino, from Mega Man X Command Mission

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Yup.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-10809-CoD--Black-Ops-Voted-Best-Videogame-Ending-of-All-Time.html

heres the top 3

With modern Warfare in #4.

what is gaming coming to

It just further shows that guinness has no taste.
Naturally the cash cow franchise based on war would win either because of "its based on real events so of course we chose it" or activision lined the voter's pockets with "recommendations". Though I would think that would be cause for disqualification.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
As a CoD hater, even I gotta admit BlOps' ending is pretty funny. Funniest ending ever? Probably not. And nowhere near best ending period. The other CoD's probably don't deserve it either. MW3 might come close though, in like a top 200 list maybe.

Only a few games on that top 50 I feel deserve to be on a list like this: Twilight Princess, MGS1 and 4, SotC, Kingdom Hearts, Portal 2 (both single player and co-op endings), SMB for the nostalgia vote, and maybe Sonic Adventure 2, FFVII and OoT. Everything else (the endings I know anyway. Haven't played things like Heavy Rain yet) ranges from meh to just plain no. I think a comment on another site (this news is like a week old btw) said this list plays out more like a "which is your favorite game of all time" list, which makes a lot more sense. This is totally the kind of list online viewers would pick.

Just chalk it up to Guinness failing yet again at vidya games.

Sonic the Hedgehog is on the list. I am curious if they mean 1991 or 2006. Both endings are dumb either way, Just Saiyan.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Well, Black Ops is the highest grossing video game in terms of the first week of its release. It was a huge breakthrough. So it's obvious that people are heavily biased towards the quality of the game.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
I normally respect Guiness, but this is just ridiculous.  Call of Duty:  Black Ops is fine as a game, but I don't really see it as a single-player experience. 
This I can agree to. Why? My brother bought it for himself for my 360...

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
ahahahahahaha

wait, i don't even know what its ending is like.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
I was about to express despair but I don't actually know anything about the endings to that game.