Klavier Gavin · 346085

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: January 31, 2010, 06:45:33 AM
Okay, well, "all" is a strong word.

Compare...compare Darkrai to Gengar. Compare Combbee to Caterpie. Compare Claydol to Noctowl. Shoot, what the heck is Bronzong supposed to be?!

A few Pokemon can steer into the abstract just fine. But to start turning away from designs that were designed for "survival of the fittest"? And look goofy on top? That's not cute design or marketing appeal, that's just laziness.

They've reaped what they've sewn, though. They've introduced Arceus, and now there's no turning back but to put effort into future installments.
I should have stopped when I found out about EVs/IVs/Natures and Beauty Contests, but I played through Emerald anyway. Was...alright.

Yeah you do have a good point I mean even the new evolutions for the old pokemon just look weird.  I mean Tangegrowth was...yeah that's just wrong.  Dusknoir is just plain weird and doesn't really fit into the Duskull family, although he seems strong it just doesn't make sense for a pokemon to have no legs, get new legs, then lose them again.  I mean they should of made him into a giant zombie with eyes all over the place, that's the perfect upgrade for a cyclops in my opinion.  

Then there was Glalie and Froslass, how can such a cute pokemon like Snowrunt evevolve into something so ugly or something that turns half ghost, it really makes no sense.  Of course it wasn't as bad as Magmortar, Electivire, and Togekiss: other than their patterns you wouldn't really believed that they evolved from Magmar, Electribuzz and Togetic.  If they had to evolve Togetic couldn't they make it a bit more serahpic instead of that UFO like thing? Why couldn't they keep the trademark big slanted white eyes from Eleckid and Electibuzz on Eletivire instead of changing to those tiny beady red eyes, and for Magmortar I really don't know about him but it really would of made more sense to make him into a giant dinosaur or a phonix thing making him part flying or something but instead they made him look like a fat clown.

I kinda like Gallade since now the male Kirlias won't look gay anymore, I mean honestly all the Ralts should have been female in the first place or there could of been a male version of Ralts like they did with the Nidoran but instead they decide to make Gallade a transvestite.

I mean there are some great redesignes like Rhyperior, Yanmega, the two new Eeveelutions (although Leafeon could been a little better and was a bit overdue to me), Mamoswine, and Gliscor, but when I look at Pokemon like Probopass and Porygon-Z I just can't help but wonder why they made these extra evolutions and why they look so weird.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: January 31, 2010, 06:49:13 AM
I dunno, gen 1 had some pretty [parasitic bomb] pokemon too. There were so many that were just larger versions of real world animals with changed colours. And then, y'know, Grimer. It's an animate puddle. It evolves into a bigger animate puddle. Voltorb. It's a ball that shoots lightning (?). It evolves into a bigger ball that shoots lightning. Hitmonchan. It's a boxer? And Magnemite and Diglett, while having nothing wrong with them themselves, have the laziest evolutions ever. Those two look especially bad compared to Metagross, who actually did the whole combining pokemon thing right.

There are plenty of badly designed pokemon in the later gens, but there are just as many good ones as in the early games. Breloom and Ninjask and Flygon and Milotic and Dusknoir and so on and so on and so on.

Metagross is the best pokemon ever so I'm going to keep complaining at you until you acknowledge it so just do it already. :<

Hold on, now I've got to comment on a whole list!
Gen 1: Again, designs that blend in WELL with inanimate objects are fine. Bronzong looks like a bell melted on a totem pole (which are WOODEN). Magmar, Jynx, and Electabuzz are my only real Gen 1 complaints.
Breloom: Cute, but not practical. Mushrooms do not have tails, or that much green.
Ninjask: Good blend of theme and imitation of the animal. Excellent.
Flygon: There are better ways to do what looks like a dragonfly. Yanma.
Milotic: Played more as an eel instead of a dragon, it might have been okay.
Dusknoir: With ghosts, it's just too hard to say "Well this is too abstract." So it's lucky.

Again, all is a strong word. Metagross isn't too terribly bad, especially if one considers Steelix and Magnetron acceptable.
And Houndoom's my personal favorite, but objectively, I'm not sure what the best design is. Most would probably say Pikachu considering how darn universal his appeal is.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: January 31, 2010, 06:54:27 AM
Dusknoir: With ghosts, it's just too hard to say "Well this is too abstract." So it's lucky.
True but still I would of liked it better if it was a giant zombie with eyes all over the place so Dusklops wouldn't have to lose it's legs.  They also should of evolved Banette too and make him into some kind of puppet master pokemon.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: January 31, 2010, 07:03:45 AM
Only when Dunsparce gets two evolutions.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: January 31, 2010, 07:06:44 AM
Yeah Dunsparce is the only truly weird one in the 2 generations and I don't really see any possible designes for it's evolution it's just too weird.

Offline SUIKA

• Robot Master
  • It's a good thing I exist.
    • View Profile
    • IDC
Reply #30 on: January 31, 2010, 07:09:26 AM
'aint this all a matter of opinion as to weather or not the new Pokemon designs are as good as the old ones or not? Doesn't the bias of nostalgia play a large role in this? Much like anything else, I'm sure the younger players of Pokemon will grow up with fond memories of say Generations three and four the same ways we do for one and two.

Also, you don't seriously think Nintendo would be dumb enough to release more games without any new Pokemon added at all? Or at the very least you think a quantity less than a hundred new characters would suffice? Whatever artistic value you want to place on the franchise, it is a franchise, and they can do whatever they want to make more money outta' it.

And that being said, I don't seriously think that the designers are seriously the types who'd do a doodle and shove some eyes on and call it a Pokemon. Each and every one of those designs have taken allotta' thought.

I hope.

Dunspaaaaaaarce.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: January 31, 2010, 07:12:37 AM
I hope the starters don't turn out to be [parasitic bomb]. When I get HeartGold (I like the Gold Version.) I'm going to my good old Totodile. Favorite starter of that Series, of course Squirtle was my fav in the Red/Blue/Yellow/Green days, and Treecko was my fav in R/S/E (No, not Mudkip. Treecko, much stronger than that Meme.)

But damn, another one. I'll wait and see if its any good before I decide to buy it when it comes out. I still got Platinum to get.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: January 31, 2010, 10:22:48 AM
Yeah Dunsparce is the only truly weird one in the 2 generations and I don't really see any possible designes for it's evolution it's just too weird.

It's as useless as Magikarp. It'll get some ridiculous chinese dragon form or something... then turn into godzilla.

Offline SUIKA

• Robot Master
  • It's a good thing I exist.
    • View Profile
    • IDC
Reply #33 on: January 31, 2010, 11:14:42 AM
It's as useless as Magikarp. It'll get some ridiculous chinese dragon form or something... then turn into godzilla.

That's sensible and fantastic.

Offline TeaOfJay

• Resident Talking Tea Cup/ Lazy Super Hero
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH!
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: January 31, 2010, 11:28:10 AM
We're going to be battling with entire planets in Gen5.

...Or at least we'd better be. It's really hard to go much higher than PokeGod.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: January 31, 2010, 12:16:13 PM
Arceus should've been kept back for gen5. I mean [tornado fang], how many legendaries were in gen4?

Oh well, with pokegod comes pokedevil!

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: January 31, 2010, 02:36:22 PM
Arceus should've been kept back for gen5. I mean [tornado fang], how many legendaries were in gen4?

Oh well, with pokegod comes pokedevil!
Now this I want to see.
But as mentioned, it's pretty hard to beat PokeGod Arceus.
Then again, who cares!?

IT WILL BE OVER NINE THOUSAND SOON

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Ephidiel

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: January 31, 2010, 05:23:18 PM
now it will have 666 PKMN

Offline megaman24681012

• Toa of Ice
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Shoulda chose a better name.
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: January 31, 2010, 06:36:31 PM
[tornado fang], just leave pokemon alone!   >^<

the series is done! finished! the only thing it needs is a goddamn break!

that and I still haven't completed my national Pokedex on pokemon Emerald.  ;O;

Kopaka: "That leaves you and I, Tahu Nuva."
Tahu: "No. That leaves only me."

Offline Kit

• #1 wizard of disappearing
  • Master's Unit
  • hue
    • View Profile
    • Art stuff
Reply #39 on: January 31, 2010, 06:41:33 PM
[tornado fang], just leave pokemon alone!   >^<

the series is done! finished! the only thing it needs is a goddamn break!

that and I still haven't completed my national Pokedex on pokemon Emerald.  ;O;

[parasitic bomb], son you're slow.

Also I would like to see the lands all in one game so I can just travel from one to the other, so I can catch whatever one I want.
I hate transferring pokemon since I have no DS, no wifi, and no one to play it with.

they dont think it be like it is but it do

Offline Akira

• Mr. Fanservice & Vixy's cute boy
  • Neo Arcadian
  • BAKA!
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: January 31, 2010, 08:35:39 PM
I want!!! Omega pokemon!!!!

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #41 on: January 31, 2010, 08:40:59 PM
I want!!! Omega pokemon!!!!

........ wut?  o~O

This game better let you go behind the scenes as a Team Rocket Employee as a plot.  ::)

Anyway, yeah. Sceptile. woo.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Akira

• Mr. Fanservice & Vixy's cute boy
  • Neo Arcadian
  • BAKA!
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: January 31, 2010, 08:45:25 PM
........ wut?  o~O

This game better let you go behind the scenes as a Team Rocket Employee as a plot.  ::)

Anyway, yeah. Sceptile. woo.

Remember... Arceus is the Alfa Pokemon ...Obviously must have its counterpart ... for the equilibrium

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #43 on: January 31, 2010, 08:49:25 PM
........ wut?  o~O

What he means is...

Omega Pokemon that fights with Arceus. It's like Rockman series. Arceus is X, he can be any type.
"X is the first robot to possess sophisticated technology and behavioral adaptation, based on the last design of Dr. Light."
Maybe they are Pokeroids.

And thoughts about the new region:

Maybe Chugoku and Shigoku on the real Japan, with Hiroshima and all.

We'll wait and see what Game Freak and Creatures are "really" gonna do. Take this with a pinch of salt. ^^;

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #44 on: January 31, 2010, 08:51:04 PM
I'd rather play as a TR Grunt then, with that mission, capturing the Omega Pokemon, while working towards to be a top member.  -_-

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Dantonumanoa Ongdolota Amycronicon

• Unwholesome, unsavory and unintelligible
  • Neo Arcadian
  • o fuk my k/d ratio
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: January 31, 2010, 08:55:08 PM
I don't get why people keep complaining about the designs of the 3rd and 4th gen Pokemon. They all don't seem that different.

I put on my [twin slasher] face.

I also go by Spectro D., Idylleaus, Malabar, and Dumb-bit Twofuck.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #46 on: January 31, 2010, 08:55:12 PM
Remember, this is a Rockman forum. Silly ideas like that are showing up sooner or later. x3

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: January 31, 2010, 08:56:04 PM
I want that kitty that DarkWaltz drew for my 5th Gen starter.

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: January 31, 2010, 10:06:51 PM
Do you know what I want? A Pokemon gen where I don't have to use the previous generations to catch them all.

Offline Kit

• #1 wizard of disappearing
  • Master's Unit
  • hue
    • View Profile
    • Art stuff
Reply #49 on: January 31, 2010, 10:55:13 PM
Do you know what I want? A Pokemon gen where I don't have to use the previous generations to catch them all.

New favorite person.

they dont think it be like it is but it do