News Round Up: June 6th - June 13th

Protodude · 4071

Offline Protodude

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Protodude's Rockman Corner
on: June 13, 2009, 07:58:07 PM
Little format change this week; renaming Protodude's Ramblings to "News Round Up", the former was getting a bit repetitive. ;)

News stories from June 6th - June 13th:

Mega Man Dominates Robot Hall Of Fame

Mega Man now ranks number one in Carnegie Mellon's Robot Hall of Fame Inductee Poll. The Blue Bomber trumps the competition with a 35% , just barely overtaking Futurama's Bender who now places at number two with a 31%.

To ensure Rock's dominance, keep on voting every now and then.

Star Force 3 E3 Trailer Hits Nintendo Channel

he E3 2009 trailer for Mega Man Star Force 3 is now available for viewing through the North American Nintendo Channel, a specialty video service on Wii.

Hopefully, this is an indication of a forthcoming downloadable demo hosted on the Nintendo Channel for use on Nintendo DS systems.

Mega Man 9 Remix Project Updates

A couple of updates coming from the Mega Man 9 Remix Project:

A majority of the tracks are looking to be "finalized" by early September. If all goes according to plan, the project in its entirety will release a short while later. Worst case scenario however, it could be delayed till December.

On the superficial side of things, the artwork for the project is shaping up quite nicely; a few more teaser images were added to the gallery section. Very, very cool.

Finally, the mixer section received a small update. The track list now includes a "skipped tracks" category, tunes that won't make it into the final album due to length. They are as follows:

07: Game Start
17: Stage Clear
18: Get A Weapon
22: Dr. Wily UFO
23: Dr. Wily Castle
33: Game Over

Not too big of a loss if you ask me.

Scott McNeil To Appear At Metrocon 2009

Scott McNeil, the "man of 1,000 voices", will make a guest appearance at Metrocon 2009.

For those who don't recognize the name, Mr. McNeil is a voice widely heard in three different Mega Man cartoons, including Dr. Wily and Proto Man in the 1995 Ruby Spears cartoon, Dr. Wily in the Upon A Star OVA, and Guts Man in Mega Man NT Warrior.

The event takes place in Tampa, Florida from June 19th to the 21st. More details can be found at the official Metrocon website.

Mega Man DSi Kit Revealed

In conjunction with The Mega Man Network's fan-art contest, Capcom will reward all three winners with the Mega Man DSi kit. Product details below:

The DSi kit comes with Limited Edition MegaMan Laser enscribed PolyCarbonite Console Case w/ secret 3 Game Storage Shelf, Graphic Screens, Three 2-in-1 SD Card and Game Cases, Precision Stylus, 2-in-1 Screen Cleaner Wrist Strap with Retro 8-Bit MegaMan + 1GB SD MEMORY CARD.

A DS Lite version is planned to be included in a special bundle at Capcom's online store.

For those who don't win the contest, the kit will ship to stores on June 16th for $19.99.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 08:02:38 PM
Well, nice to see good 'ol Scotty visit Florida for a change.. shoot. Relevance to Mega's triumph over Bender: Weapon Get: Beer Breath!

Ah well, at least I get the SF goods.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline BassDS

• Author of Star Lovers
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 08:05:42 PM
I'm getting the kit even though I don't own a DSi at the moment.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 08:07:37 PM
I'm getting the kit even though I don't own a DSi at the moment.

There's always the DSLite version, they are pretty much the same kit built for two diffrent DS models.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline BassDS

• Author of Star Lovers
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 09:25:00 PM
There's always the DSLite version, they are pretty much the same kit built for two diffrent DS models.

Reason why i don't want one for the DS lite is because mine is the Limited Edition DS with Dialga and Palkia on it, and I wouldn't want to cover that up.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 03:48:40 AM
I'll probably enter in the contest.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 01:49:20 AM
'tis a shame, as I feared, that the protector kit is Star Force themed, otherwise I'd have picked it up lickety-split.

Oh well, maybe Cappy will expand the lineup later on.  Doubtful, but you never know.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline BassDS

• Author of Star Lovers
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 06:04:19 AM
Still getting it. StarForce is my favorite out of all the series. Like that 8 bit Mega wrist strap too.