Legend of Zelda - The official Zelda thread

Align · 344270

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #800 on: July 02, 2010, 03:53:37 PM
Or make a Big O game.
Oh, man. Big O would be an awesome game, but honestly, there's no way to make slow mech fights cool anymore. Specially with so many characters with awesome personalities.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #801 on: July 02, 2010, 03:58:44 PM
Oh, man. Big O would be an awesome game, but honestly, there's no way to make slow mech fights cool anymore. Specially with so many characters with awesome personalities.

Yeah, I know.  I'm a huge mech game fan, but I like speed.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLMPRm-DA3k[/youtube]

But by the Triforce it'd be SOOOOOO awesome to fight to this.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #802 on: July 02, 2010, 04:25:57 PM
Yeah, I know.  I'm a huge mech game fan, but I like speed.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLMPRm-DA3k[/youtube]

But by the Triforce it'd be SOOOOOO awesome to fight to this.
CAST IN THE NAME OF GOD

YE NOT GUILTY

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #803 on: July 02, 2010, 04:27:28 PM
Hmmmmm....maybe it could work in Dynasty Warriors style....

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #804 on: July 02, 2010, 04:32:42 PM
Hmmmmm....maybe it could work in Dynasty Warriors style....
I... honestly didn't like what that did to Gundam. If I'm playing a mech game like The Big O, I want a big variety of combos, not just a few. If they did it like DW: Fist of the North Star, I dunno, but like Dinasty Warriors alone, no. We'd be better off adapting the Steel Batallion engine for Big O, that was one of the slow mech games that reeeeeeally had one hell of a potencial.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #805 on: July 02, 2010, 04:37:44 PM
I... honestly didn't like what that did to Gundam. If I'm playing a mech game like The Big O, I want a big variety of combos, not just a few. If they did it like DW: Fist of the North Star, I dunno, but like Dinasty Warriors alone, no. We'd be better off adapting the Steel Batallion engine for Big O, that was one of the slow mech games that reeeeeeally had one hell of a potencial.

Granted, but I did like the DW: Gundam games myself.  Plus I think the Big O had just enough moves to warrant the amount of combos you could do in the game.  Hey, I'd love a Big O game in the Vs. Gundam series style, but I don't think it could move that fast!  XD

Anyway, Zelda.  I still say she should be playable in a game someday.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #806 on: July 02, 2010, 04:40:38 PM
Oh, man. Big O would be an awesome game, but honestly, there's no way to make slow mech fights cool anymore.
Godzilla Unleashed disagrees, for heavy impacts, lots of projectile/beam weapons, and unimaginable amounts of collateral damage make for an awesome game.  Pretty tough to argue with Kiryu and Mecha King Ghidorah (even if they do pale before the awesome colossus that is Biollante).

Seriously, if Pipeworks just added somebody who can debug audio and program proper water splashing effects, it would be perfection.  Of course, I don't see performing combos as a 50-meter-tall mech/creature as being believable.  But chucking a building at your opponent works just as well.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #807 on: July 02, 2010, 04:44:57 PM
Granted, but I did like the DW: Gundam games myself.  Plus I think the Big O had just enough moves to warrant the amount of combos you could do in the game.  Hey, I'd love a Big O game in the Vs. Gundam series style, but I don't think it could move that fast!  XD

Anyway, Zelda.  I still say she should be playable in a game someday.
The DW: Gundam games were more for fans of either series. They had alot of character variety, but not enough gameplay to satisfy newcomers. I'd like a Big O game that can TRULY feel like the series. Running around playing detective, having people shoot at you through cel-shaded cartoony sections, maybe with an Uncharted-like gameplay, then once you meet the big boss, you call upon the Big O, and the gameplay changes to the big city. But in The Big O, the scenery itself played alot of the action. From the Megadeuses' destruction, to the way the Big O always showed up at the places and ran away by tearing apart the earth under him to escape... alot of that could be played in the big boss battles.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #808 on: July 02, 2010, 04:49:09 PM
But in The Big O, the scenery itself played alot of the action. From the Megadeuses' destruction, to the way the Big O always showed up at the places and ran away by tearing apart the earth under him to escape... alot of that could be played in the big boss battles.
I think this is true of most stories that involve giant combatants.  The scenery is what offers the sense of scale, and it's just not believable that two clashing titans are going to leave the local trees, buildings, and even ground/rock formations untouched.  Destructible environments go a long way in that particular context.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #809 on: July 02, 2010, 04:52:18 PM
The DW: Gundam games were more for fans of either series. They had alot of character variety, but not enough gameplay to satisfy newcomers. I'd like a Big O game that can TRULY feel like the series. Running around playing detective, having people shoot at you through cel-shaded cartoony sections, maybe with an Uncharted-like gameplay, then once you meet the big boss, you call upon the Big O, and the gameplay changes to the big city. But in The Big O, the scenery itself played alot of the action. From the Megadeuses' destruction, to the way the Big O always showed up at the places and ran away by tearing apart the earth under him to escape... alot of that could be played in the big boss battles.

The Beck battles alone would be priceless. Heh, but yeah that would indeed be awesome. Sadly, we're just dreaming the dream here, as I doubt The Big O had enough popularity to warrant a game of any kind.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #810 on: July 02, 2010, 05:05:17 PM
I think this is true of most stories that involve giant combatants.  The scenery is what offers the sense of scale, and it's just not believable that two clashing titans are going to leave the local trees, buildings, and even ground/rock formations untouched.  Destructible environments go a long way in that particular context.
It's not just destructible environments. The point was that the mechs were pretty much as tall as regular buildings, which offered them a kind of "battlefield" to traverse, along with stuff like smashing each other against buildings.

The Beck battles alone would be priceless. Heh, but yeah that would indeed be awesome. Sadly, we're just dreaming the dream here, as I doubt The Big O had enough popularity to warrant a game of any kind.
Heh, even awesome mech shows like Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann only got a shitty DS game which I'd rather even not talk about. (AND IT WAS BY KONAMI. THE COMPANY THAT HAS UNDER THEIR WING THE [chameleon sting]ing ZOE SERIES COULDN'T MAKE A DAMN TTGL GAME?)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #811 on: July 02, 2010, 05:14:38 PM
You know, imagine if Link had a giant mech!   8D

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #812 on: July 02, 2010, 05:25:58 PM
I dunno about a mech, but for some reason I'm getting an image of Giant Mask Link stomping through Clock Town...

It's not just destructible environments. The point was that the mechs were pretty much as tall as regular buildings, which offered them a kind of "battlefield" to traverse, along with stuff like smashing each other against buildings.
All very true.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #813 on: July 02, 2010, 05:27:27 PM
I dunno about a mech, but for some reason I'm getting an image of Giant Mask Link stomping through Clock Town...

I so wanted to do that in Majora's Mask.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #814 on: July 02, 2010, 06:22:40 PM
You know, imagine if Link had a giant mech!   8D
It COULD HAPPEN. We've seen Link control big stone guys before. And now he has a train. Why not ancient technology or something to fight MECHA GANON?

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #815 on: July 02, 2010, 06:27:15 PM
TRI-FORCE GUNDAMMU!

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #816 on: July 02, 2010, 07:02:01 PM
TRI-FORCE GUNDAMMU!
It would rule if the real power of the Triforce wasn't any of that wishing crap. Imagine if it was THE LAST KEY OF A POWERFUL CONTROL ROOM, WHICH WOULD BASICALLY TURN ALL THE LAND OF HYRULE INTO A MECHA.

DEATH MOUNTAIN... BECOME... THE TORSO!
ZORA RIVER... BECOME... THE FEET!
KOKIRI FOREST... BECOME... THE ARMS!
AND I, HYRULE CASTLE, WILL BECOME... THE HEAD!

ZELDA FORCE GO!

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #817 on: July 02, 2010, 07:08:42 PM
I was more thinking of what a Nintendo based Megazord would consist of.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #818 on: July 02, 2010, 07:18:27 PM
I was more thinking of what a Nintendo based Megazord would consist of.
That's easy. Mario head, one arm would have Link's Master Sword, the other would have Samus' hand cannon, the torso would be Kirby's belly, and it'd have Wario's butt. And each foot would be an F-Zero ship.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #819 on: July 02, 2010, 07:19:08 PM
Plus you can have Pikmin & Donkey Kong support zords as well.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #820 on: July 02, 2010, 07:23:20 PM
And Pegasus Wings from Kid Icarus~ <3

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #821 on: July 02, 2010, 07:24:48 PM
Plus you can have Pikmin & Donkey Kong support zords as well.
Barrel throw ability, and leaf on top of Mario's cap.

And Pegasus Wings from Kid Icarus~ <3
Wings in the back, yes.

CAN SOME PHOTOSHOP ARTIST COME IN HERE AND GET THIS DONE BEFORE I SHOW OFF MY HORRIBLE MSPAINT SKILLS?

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #822 on: July 02, 2010, 07:28:26 PM
Heh, even awesome mech shows like Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann only got a shitty DS game which I'd rather even not talk about. (AND IT WAS BY KONAMI. THE COMPANY THAT HAS UNDER THEIR WING THE [chameleon sting]ing ZOE SERIES COULDN'T MAKE A DAMN TTGL GAME?)

I was immensely disappointed with this. I was all excited they made a TTGL game, but then when I played it, I nearly vomited.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #823 on: July 02, 2010, 07:30:37 PM
Borock drew the Hidden Temple Megazord, so he could maybe do it!

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #824 on: July 02, 2010, 07:45:10 PM
I was immensely disappointed with this. I was all excited they made a TTGL game, but then when I played it, I nearly vomited.
I even imported the damn thing. >_<