on: August 10, 2009, 11:54:54 PM
! Private video
>1:19
Bat-stealth sequence GO

Posted on: February 02, 2009, 00:45:07
Oh [parasitic bomb] I forgot I made this thread
Anyway,
Demo here.
Stealth game with silent takedowns etc, except now you're Batman, which makes it 3 times as interesting.
I think I'll buy this once it comes out on Steam.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 06:13:31 PM by Phi »

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 11:56:09 PM
The demo is magnificent.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 12:59:52 AM
Oh [parasitic bomb] I forgot I made this thread
Anyway,
Demo here.
Stealth game with silent takedowns etc, except now you're Batman, which makes it 3 times as interesting.
I think I'll buy this once it comes out on Steam.
you fail url tags forever.

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Genderifically Confuzzled
  • Master's Unit
  • MAKE LOVE FOR MY KITTENS
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 01:03:12 AM
Oh, god, I WANT this game... D= But the only console I have for "this generation" is the Wii...

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 01:06:42 AM
you fail url tags forever.
Whoops

Copied straight from my post in another forum, which for some reason had put "s around it.

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 09:58:21 AM
The demo is fun~ but as Hitomi pointed out to me in a window.  It's too short >:

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 06:06:19 PM
I was a little skeptical of the game at first, but after the demo, even if it's a little short, I had a lot of fun with it. 360 and PS3 owners, this one's worth looking into.

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 11, 2009, 08:48:46 PM
2GB for a short demo? No thanks. Worms 2's was less than 10MB and I played that to death

Offline Kit

• #1 wizard of disappearing
  • Master's Unit
  • hue
    • View Profile
    • Art stuff
Reply #8 on: August 11, 2009, 09:01:52 PM
I need to make Peter take home his 360 so he can download this~

they dont think it be like it is but it do

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: August 11, 2009, 10:25:35 PM
It seems fun, but I'm hoping they pace it in such a way that it doesn't get repetitive.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: August 13, 2009, 09:15:56 PM
Took me almost 3 hours to download that thing. But it was worth every second of it. Already played through the thing twice and I'm gonna play it once more in a few minutes. God, this game is amazing, even just from this short demo. For once, a really [tornado fang]ing awesome superhero video game. The Batman Begins one was pretty decent and way above most other games of that genre I played, but Arkham Asylum seems to beat all of those. The combat system is pretty cool, even though you only have basically one button for attacking (is there even a blocking move?), one for stunning with the cape and one for countering if the situation allows it, the fights are really quite impressive looking and dynamic, it's always a different motion and different moves, unlike most other senseless beat 'em up games of this kind. Definately, striking from the shadows will take up a major part of the combat in the game, because in pretty much all other games of this kind, you can get gunned down pretty easily. I died during my first run through the demo in the final room with the four armed thugs.

The demo so far only shows a small fraction of what's possible in the game, but it definately leaves desire for more. It's nice how enemies start freaking out when Batman does some stuff unseen. I really liked that feature in the Batman Begins game, though that one was pretty fixed with the situations you could do it in. There also is a little Splinter Cell feel to it, like Batman Begins, due to the sneaking, hiding etc. I hope the game is not so linear like Batman Begins and that there'll be several paths to achieving an objective than the most obvious one.

So far, I just have two gripes with the game. Perhaps it fits because Batman is a big, heavy, muscular man, but I personally think he's moving a bit slow when just walking. And I also don't like it when he's getting in touch with Oracle and can't do anything besides walking. The other thing I didn't like is the localization of the demo over here. They used Christian Bale's German voice actor for Batman, and I don't really like that one. I really hope that the full version of the German game will have switchable language tracks, because I want to play Batman with Kevin Conroy's voice and fight the Joker with Mark Hamill's.
Ended up changing the language of my console from German to English. That was enough to do the trick. Already worked back on the GameCube with Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time.

Really looking forward to the game.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 11:00:35 PM by Saber »

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: August 16, 2009, 04:31:49 PM
Lou has had NOTHING but positive reviews of this game.  Can't wait.

Also, I am the Night!

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: August 16, 2009, 07:31:57 PM
Lou has had NOTHING but positive reviews of this game.  Can't wait.

Also, I am the Night!

One thing that's kinda pissing me off though is that the Windows version apparently will have additional graphical options than the console versions. Like more destroyable environment, additional physics (like moving paper on the ground or cloth banners on the ceiling being moved by wind), fog etc. Perhaps all that stuff simply wasn't in the console demo, but I'm not sure.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: August 16, 2009, 08:16:04 PM
Hmmm, hopefully it's just the demo.  Either way, if that's the highest complaint, then I'd say we're looking at a grand game!

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: August 17, 2009, 12:38:20 AM
Cracking screens w/ the batarang is already too awesome enough as it is.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: August 17, 2009, 01:59:02 AM
One thing that's kinda pissing me off though is that the Windows version apparently will have additional graphical options than the console versions. Like more destroyable environment, additional physics (like moving paper on the ground or cloth banners on the ceiling being moved by wind), fog etc. Perhaps all that stuff simply wasn't in the console demo, but I'm not sure.

I think this is more due to the limits on the consoles versus the nigh infinite resources the PC has in comparison. It's to be expected if this is a game built with PC optimization in mind.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: August 17, 2009, 10:20:54 PM
I think this is more due to the limits on the consoles versus the nigh infinite resources the PC has in comparison. It's to be expected if this is a game built with PC optimization in mind.

You are forgetting that 99% of home computers run the OS that was developed by the same guys whose property is the Xbox 360. You'd kinda expect both of these would get equal treatment, no?

Cracking screens w/ the batarang is already too awesome enough as it is.

Except you can't crack anything else. At least I wasn't able to make fire extinguishers blow up with a batarang. You can't even break freaking glass unless you stand on it and execute the break move. You can't break light sources either. Even Batman Begins on the PS2 could do that.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: August 18, 2009, 12:55:09 AM
You are forgetting that 99% of home computers run the OS that was developed by the same guys whose property is the Xbox 360. You'd kinda expect both of these would get equal treatment, no?
I didn't know MicroSoft did the graphics for this game.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: August 18, 2009, 07:45:22 AM
I didn't know MicroSoft did the graphics for this game.

No, but you'd think that both the PC and the Xbox versions would look the same.

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: August 18, 2009, 08:53:40 AM
No, they wouldn't, because the hardware the 360 has is fixed, while you can keep improving PC hardware. Plus, as much as they try to keep up with firmware updates, the capabilities DirectX 11 can squeeze out of the 360 graphics card can only go so far.

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: August 18, 2009, 10:12:59 AM
Except you can't crack anything else. At least I wasn't able to make fire extinguishers blow up with a batarang. You can't even break freaking glass unless you stand on it and execute the break move. You can't break light sources either. Even Batman Begins on the PS2 could do that.

Obviously I meant the tv screens silly.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: August 18, 2009, 02:35:19 PM
Whyever would you think that? PC games are ideally flexible in both directions (quality <--> framerate) to accomodate both cutting edge and older computers, so I think it's very nice of them to do it for a game that's primarily a console game.

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: August 22, 2009, 01:05:46 AM

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: August 29, 2009, 01:41:42 AM
Got my limited edition in the mail today. That box is freaking huge.

But dear God, this game is so [tornado fang]ing amazing. The combat, the mood, the story. Absolutely everything. Striking at thugs from the shadows and vanishing before they get to me never gets old. Usage of gadgets is awesome as well. I love how the game manages to implement Batman's detective skills and gadgets when examining a crime scene, looking for hints and traces or attempting to solve the Riddler's challenges. This is really a game which makes you feel like you actually ARE the Batman.

I must say, some areas of the game look like they were taken from survival horror games like Resident Evil or Silent Hill. It actually does get scary from time to time. And the Scarecrow sequences, God, the Scarecrow sequences! Very eerie and actually frightening, yet perfectly examining Batman's psyche and persona.

I've played about a fourth of the game now (currently tracing down Warden Sharp who got taken away by Harley, after the "fight" with Zzasz) and pretty much had to force myself to stop there in order to stop myself from finishing the game in just one sitting.

Awesome game, this is gonna occupy me for a long time I hope.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: August 29, 2009, 01:44:10 AM
Sheeeeit, looks like I have another one that needs to go on the backlog. XD